Is 1g of protein/lb of bw really accurate? Feels too much to be honest. Is it 100% proven...

Is 1g of protein/lb of bw really accurate? Feels too much to be honest. Is it 100% proven? What are your experiences with protein intake? How much do you have a day?

Attached: pxxx.jpg (728x364, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-88-470-0552-5_8
bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson75.htm
thomasdelauer.com/how-much-protein-is-too-much-all-about-nitrogen-balance/
ucl.ac.uk/~ucbcdab/Nbalance/Nbalance.htm
strongerbyscience.com/athlete-protein-intake/
strongerbyscience.com/the-three-laws-of-protein/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think beyond 2g of protein per kg is excessive, and AFAIK there are no studies reaffirming the 1g of protein/pound measurement. Even 2g per kg might be excessive. I feel good as long as I passed the 1g/kg mark.

It's a complete meme. We have no clue what's the ideal. Get somewhere between 30-90gr and you'll be fine.

also
>protein/lb of bw
its per LEAN lb of bw

I've read that you really don't need that much. What's important is having enough calories.

250 g per day

>Protein Requirements:
>Dietary requirements for protein, amino acid and nitrogen depend on the metabolic demand that must be satisfied. They are conditioned by both the amount of proteins needed and their quality.
>Protein quality in turn depends on the amount of essential amino acids (EAA), but also of the nonessential (NEAA) ones [10, 11]. The link between protein quality and EAA is obvious: since the EAA cannot, by definition, be synthesised by the body, they must be introduced with the diet in a proportion that will fit with the organism’s metabolic needs. On the other hand, in the absence of dietary NEAA, despite the theoretical capability of the body to synthesise them, nitrogen will be needed for their de novo synthesis. This nitrogen in turn must be derived either from EAA catabolism (thus increasing their requirement above theoretical values) or from the diet. In this respect, although NEAA can theoretically be replaced, they are required in nutrition as well.

link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-88-470-0552-5_8

The main reason we eat shitloads of protein is because of the need for positive nitrogen levels to ensure muscle growth and protein synthesis. So the requirements vary by individual to individual.

bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson75.htm
thomasdelauer.com/how-much-protein-is-too-much-all-about-nitrogen-balance/
ucl.ac.uk/~ucbcdab/Nbalance/Nbalance.htm

So if you're one of the people that think you can bulk with 70g protein from what the FDA tell you, you're wrong.

To add to this, if you didn't read the study, is because the loss of nitrogen in urine and feces can disrupt/hinder the quality of protein synthesis and therefore reducing muscle growth.

You don't necessarily need to eat 300 g of protein if you're 180 lbs. But you do need to eat a sizable amount according to your Bodyweight as well as TDEE.

Yeah, but you can't build muscle with 250g of carbs and just 30g of protein.

Attached: (You).png (163x204, 70K)

every reputable source says around 0.6g per kg of bodyweight for normies, 0.8-1.2g per kg in athletes depending on activity level
1g/pound is just a meme made by dumb amerifats who are unable to find out how much they weight in kg

>0.8-1.2g per kg in athletes depending on activity level
You just contradicted yourself.

Considering we're all DYEL we'd need roughyl 1g to bulk.

I mean sure if you tell some normie that doesn't even go for a fucking walk to eat 1g of protein/lb of bodyweight then you're stupid. But realistically it's beneficial to do 1g/lb if you're lifting.

strongerbyscience.com/athlete-protein-intake/
strongerbyscience.com/the-three-laws-of-protein/

>1. Eat enough protein
>How much? .82g/lb (1.8g/kg). Rounding up to 1g/lb or 2g/kg may be easier to remember, and getting a little more certainly doesn’t hurt, but the point here is that the crazy recommendations of 2g per pound (or even more) are overkill. As you eat more past that point, rates of protein synthesis and breakdown both increase at essentially the same rate – so again, there’s no problem with erring on the high side, but unless you’re on steroids to further elevate protein synthesis (to make use of extra protein), you hit a point of diminishing returns.

>2. Space your protein intake throughout the day
>A recent study showed that, on average, 24 hour protein synthesis rates are about 25% higher if you space your protein intake out throughout the day, rather than eating the majority of it in one meal.

Obviously there are implications for intermittent fasting (personal opinion – it can be a useful tool for cutting, but for gaining size, it’s hard to beat eating food all day. Shocking thought), but also for extreme post-workout nutrition protocols.

>3. Get your protein from high-quality sources

This issue is definitely not as important as the first two, but it’s still worth mentioning.

Whey, in particular, seems to be particularly good at stimulating muscle protein synthesis, leading to hypertrophy. It’s been shown to be superior to both onions and casein for this purpose (and not just acutely, but in training studies showing increased lean mass gains from lifting).

Although all possible protein sources haven’t been compared at this point, obviously, as a general rule of thumb animal sources are better than plant sources for stimulating protein synthesis. When in doubt, it’s hard to beat a plain old whey isolate when you need some more protein and don’t have time to make some meat.

Attached: protein.png (867x756, 73K)

0.7g is fine.

the 1+ thing is a jewish meme started by big protein to get you to buy their useless powders, elixers and concoctions.

Fake and wrong.

It's important to distinguish between novice lifters and those with over a year of experience. Studies with novice lifters top out a 0.8g/lb. With experienced lifters, there's benefits to hypertrophy and body fat in the 1-1.5g+/lb range.

If you're finding people disputing 1g/lb, make sure they aren't looking at old ass literature. See: International society of sports nutrition position stand: diets and body composition

Dietary protein to maximize resistance training: a review and examination of protein spread and change theories

The “lay” recommendation to consume 1 g protein/lb of bodyweight/day (2.2 g/kg/day) while resistance training has pervaded for years. Nutrition professionals often deem this lay recommendation excessive and not supported by research. However, as this review shows, this “lay” recommendation aligns well with research that assesses applied outcome measures of strength and body composition in studies of duration>4 weeks

False and wrong for non-novices

Years ago I use to eat around 80 gr, then I started learning about nutrition and eating 140+. My muscle recovery greatly improved and stopped suffering that much doms.

1g per KG of bodyweigh, not pound
i don't see any contradiction

can you provide any source for benefits of 1g/lb?

kek i'm a retard.

also source for the benefits of protein in g/lb

>paywall
>moderate and high protein diets were nutrient overloads -> lifters should eat more, not necessarily 1g/lb
>Using nitrogen balance data it was found that the protein requirements for strength athletes is 1.3 grams protein per kg of weight per day (0.6 g/lb) and for endurance athletes 1.1 grams protein per kg of body weight per day (0.5 g/lb).

The 1 gram per pound of body weight is a more appropriate amount for someone who is on a diet and is trying to lose fat while maintaining muscle, rather than someone who is trying to maintain weight or gain muscle.

so which exactly states that i should eat 1g/lb?

Protein is more important when losing weight or you have low bodyfat and eat aroumd maintenance.

150g a day is more than likely sufficient enough for the average Jow Forumsizen.

I heard it's like 0.7g per lean pound bw

your study says it's 0.6g per kg for strenght athletes

Tldr of this Thread please: How much protein do i need

Seriously.

> It’s been shown to be superior to both onions and casein

All memes aside, is onions a decent protein source?

I do 1-1.5g/kg but I do look DYEL

The other question is, why the fuck do dumb amerifats mix the metric system with their retard imperially stupid system? Grams / Pounds?

1g per 1kg LBM

anything else is jew propaganda

1.8g/kg seems to work well for me, I prefer higher protein anyway as I like to eat meat. Pretty easy to hit eating real food and without the need for supplementation, although I still use whey from time to time.

Because we can do whatever we want and the rest of the world just has to take it.

Because these are the best units for the job.

Pounds is a great way to measure a person. 100 pounds is a small woman, 150 pounds is a small dude, 200 pounds is a big guy (for you), 250 lbs is a big guy, 300 lbs is a turbofat or a pro bbers. Kg are way too big for measuring people.

Same with feet. 5 feet is a small woman, 6 feet is an average man and 7 feet is an NBA player. 1 meter is a midget and 2 meters is a giant, so then you have to fuck around to the decimal place to get any idea of how tall someone is. That's a bad unit to use for knowing height. You hear "he's five..." And you already know he's a manlet. Very efficient.

I shouldn't have to use fractions or decimals of units to measure things around me- that's a good sign that whatever unit I'm using doesn't make sense for what I'm trying to measure.

Grams works great for food though. You get to use whole units most of the time. And it's perfect since most foods will be consumed in 20-400gram amounts and will have 1-200 of whatever macro you're talking about. Perfect.

It was never meant to be accurate, it was to be simple and avoid undereating protein

>6 feet is an average man

I'd really love to see the stats for this lmao

You'd eat like 40g of protein daily then

just copypasted it, meant to s o y which is inferior to casein and whey

50 kg small women
75 kg small man
100 kg bigger guy

Whats was your point again?