I am an 18 year old male who is joining the marines this October

> I am an 18 year old male who is joining the marines this October
> I am in trouble.
> At bootcamp, there is an IST (initial strength test) and you have to pass it or you go to conditioning for a week or two if you fail again I think you get discharged
> The requirements are: 20 pull-ups for a perfect score (which I can do), 55 sit-ups in two minutes, and 13:30 for 1.5 miles
> I cannot fucking run
> I can run .5 without stopping and that’s it, I can run a 7:30 mile on average WITH BREAKS so about 9-10 minutes without breaks
> I have been a marijuana smoker since 9th grade and stopped last week, my legs are fine it’s my breathing and cardio
> Is now to October enough time to improve enough to pass the IST?
> What are your tips to help me run Betternet ? Please Jow Forums

Attached: 8FC24182-C363-4718-8FEC-7D6984CC30D9.png (640x1136, 75K)

Also if this helps at all I am 5’9 and 140 pounds

you have 10 months chill, just do a c25k program

Hey me from 2 years ago.
I went from a 13 min 1.5m to a 9:18.
I'll give you my routine, but first will you be measured on a treadmill or on a track?

I run on a road and the app I use tracks my miles

First of all, thanks for enlisting. About the running- practicing and running by yourself 4-6 times a week is a no-brainer. My other advices for you would be to involve more cardio in your gym sessions, wear shoes that have small bumpers on them (Nikes are best) and stretch carefully before every run. You should also start running over double/triple the distance you'll have to run, it'll help you not lose breath too quickly and you'll have a more stable run. Hope I helped.

no no, the actual test.
I don't know what usmc does but for me they measured you on a treadmill

Oh okay they run on a track as far as I know

Air Force fag here. My PAST calls for 20 pull ups 55 situps
It's 2 pullups and 25 situps idiot

Thank you for the response it’s appreciated, all of your responses are

I thought you meant couch to 25k lol.
How long would that take? 6mo? 12?

13:30 1.5m and 55 situps in 2 minutes is retarded easy. A 9-10 minute mile isn't a bad starting point, you have almost the entire year.

OK.
Tip 1: ignore all your gains, you 100% do not need them. The ability to graft and grit is more important now. You need to be in pain and keep working to a good standard.
2. You need to learn to run slow. Biggest newbie mistake I see for runners is they start running, get bored at jogging and they sprint off, then die after no distance. You need to keep a gentle pace and finish your distance no matter what.
3. fartlek training is your friend. You do 2 distance runs for every fartlek routine you do. On a 'Mill i'd go for 120 seconds fast 60 seconds fast walk, but if you are running roads use lamposts, trees, signs whatever.
4. Your first wind does not mean you are tired or out of breath. You will set off, your heart rate goes up, your breathing increases and it feels like a big load on your system. It is not, its just you doing work. Keep going through it, breath in slowly and with purpose and reach your second wind, THEN you can make progress.
5. As the other user said, stretch. Most injuries I see are from people copping out. Learn your stretches, especially the shin splint avoiding ones. Not to mention, don't let your calluses go, keep burning through them until your feet are solid.

6. Every time you feel like you want to stop, remember why you started. You are going from a weed smoking, out of shape kid, presumably straight from school? And you are getting your life together and making something of yourself, and it ain't gonna happen if you decide to quit before you end.

Attached: 73BCAC52CF0E6305598740304FAEA0838F6547AC33E1EF824Fpimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png (214x222, 90K)

Took me about 2 weeks from not being able to run to the bottom of my street to 5k

>army weaboo doesn't even know how to run

if you can run .5 of a mile now and one mile with breaks in 7 minutes (WITH BREAKS) then how about you slow down your pace and hit that 1 miles mark. are you full on sprinting or what? Anyway, keep doing that every day. Within 2 weeks you should be able to do a mile and a half in 15 minutes. In a month, probably 10 minutes easy.

my test is in 8 days. what do u recommend to lower my run time in that period

Not even full on sprinting I’m keeping a slow steady pace, usually a pace of 7-8 a mile

I'm an active duty Sgt. October is plenty of time. You can run 2-3 times a week and surpass your goals. You'll lose all your gains in boot camp, I went from 180 down to 140. All you do during boot camp is run and sweat. 1.5 miles in 13:30 is like a 9min mile pace. In conclusion dont join the infantry.

IST as a poolee doesnt matter. They'll just tell you that you're slow and need to run more. The whole point of the poolee program is to help you get in shape for boot camp.

Just tell me how to cut my damn time in 8 days

>8 days
you fucked it senpai.
Significant progress takes months not days. Go run enough to make some calluses so you don't get blisters on your test, and stay hydrated.
You should have been training a long time ago dude.

Since when was 4channel cleared hot?

Well now we know you're a manlet.

13:30 for 1.5 miles is basically just the requirement that you can run 1.5 miles without stopping. This isn't monumental or Herculean task.

Just run a half mile at a 5.0 incline on a treadmill. Then stop for 60 seconds, and do a 3 mph fast walk at 15 incline for an hour. Repeat for 5 times a week. Increase the distance you run by a quarter mile a week.

Or whatever. This is easy ass shit

Do you need to measure his height before you give him the routine

>13:30 for 1.5 mile
is this a meme? I'm joining the royal marines and we've got to do it in 12:30, then after a 1min break we've got to do it again in 10mins

>actually wanting to go into the marines
?
why on earth would you want to be the bottom of the barrel?
anyways learn to pace yourself so you dont do a retarded sprint or anything.
also until October you should be perfectly fine

Lmao hes gonna get killed for the jew. Retard! Do you enjoy bombing brown children or what? Fuckin neck yourself stupid amerikan

run often and sprint during your runs, when you go down there you will be running off adrenaline so you will run good but that does NOT mean you can fuck around until then.

This is for the IST before boot camp. This is not the actual PFT requirement. If you fail they just push your ship date so you can go to boot camp and not fail.

You’re 140 lbs and can’t run? Guy I promise you if you don’t forget to grab your balls on the way out the door in the morning you can run TWO MILES in 13:30 easily, let alone 1.5. Running is 80% mental, just get your rythmn and focus on positive thoughts, it’s too easy.

>army fattest branch
>most minorities
>having trouble getting soldiers to pass rifle qual

Stop hooah.

Now If you wanna do nerd shit join the AF, but a better option would have been to just go to college on a scholarship if you're actually smart. The usmc is the best choice for an actual military experience, they have MEUs and rotational forces again so you are constantly deploying instead of rotting at fort bragg. Army SF is pretty cool though but reinlisting is gay.

OP just keep running. Worst cast scenario you fail the IST, and go to PCP for a couple weeks until you can pass it.