Is it pathetic I have to use this to do pull ups?

Is it pathetic I have to use this to do pull ups?

Attached: 4371_2.jpg (275x275, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strongfirst.com/the-fighter-pullup-program-revisited/
marines.mil/Portals/59/Docs/PullupTrainingGuide.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes, sorry

Not if you're just starting out. In fact I think it's perfect for babbies first pull up sessions. I loved these things starting out, now I don't need them. Though I can only do 7 pullups in a row without it.

Yeah, you should work on becoming less pathetic so you don't have to
Eat more/include more general back work if you're an Auschwitz survivor
Eat less if you're a beluga

Yup its pathetic, but thats why youre doing it. So that one day you wont be. We're all gonna make it.

If it helps it make it easier why not?

Why does everyone here like doing shit the hard way

>if lifting an unloaded bar is easier, why even use the plates?

>use to be able to do one arm chin ups
>can barely do 3 pull ups

Getting injured sucks

Attached: 1549494654416.png (1200x1188, 1.67M)

dark souls sucks

You're calling other people 'babbies' when you can only do 7 pull ups. You're trash.

no, it would be pathetic if you wouldnt do those because you are scared others think bad of you. They are the best way to get to unassisted pullups

I don't use a plate when I eat a candy bar. What's wrong with that?

Attached: bart.jpg (638x720, 59K)

>no, it would be pathetic if you wouldnt do those because you are scared others think bad of you
this
best CBT for me getting anxiety in the gym is weighing the following
>how much will people judge me for lifting light weight
>how much will people judge me for being too pussy to lift at all

Yeah but unless the guy judging you is putting more than 20kg on a weighted chin up then i wouldn't take it to seriously.
If y still do working sets with no weight added then that is hardly less pathetic.

If you can't run, then walk. If you can't walk, then crawl. If you can't crawl, the use the assistance machine.

The right attitude, we're all gonna make it brah.

Do whatever you need to get stronger.

Banded and negatives are better.

how do you fuckers find these perfect images?

Its pathetic that you have to ask. Just use whatever machine noone gives a fuck.

asking the real questions

Depends how much you weigh. At 135lbs pull ups are easy as fuck, but I can see how they would be difficult at 200lbs

Everyone has to start somewhere op

Great for even experienced lifters imo, slooow reps for maximum stimmuli

Attached: 1502779255103.jpg (720x720, 67K)

No man, we all start out somewhere. Just keep at it.

it just means you're carrying too much fat for your frame

start doing heavy lat pulldowns

yes

We are all proud of you for doing your twenty half reps.

If you're at a low bodyfat/skinnyfat, yes. Being fat adds a lot more dead weight to you, and you'd need to be stronger than the average male to pull yourself up.

Please explain, shouldn't you be stronger at 200lbs or is this another fatty cope.

Google.

I might be retarded, but I feel this machine doesn't let you get proper form. I'd prefer if it was belt instead of pads, so your legs can move more freely

DYEL leddit squad

Diminishing return also applies to muscles.
But I think the user you replied to mean 200lbs with high bodyfat%.

honestly i hate the grips on those things, i can't fully extend my legs because it's too short so i have to do weird pull-ups compared to the standard bar ones.

I can do 4 sets of 25 pullups no problem with a minute rest in between but cant even lift off the ground for 1 onearmed pullup. Its my ultimate fit goal.

I'm dyel as fuck and I can do 10 so idk why people think this is edgy

You are a long way from not needing it.
I do 2 sets x 12 reps and in the last set i use this shit to assist me

Every nigger in my gym does half reps of 15+, I don't think I've seen one person do more than 5 and go all the way down. Part of me is skeptical but if actual full reps then jelly. Currently at 5,3,2,2 after 8 months after a long break. Also what's your bodyweight?

Attached: 1543069231049.jpg (2960x1440, 960K)

I cant even do a pullup and I'm skinny. I've always struggled even when I was "stronger" a few years ago (lifted for 2 years just bro splits etc).

I managed to do 8 at my prime but now can't do any. I feel like theres got to be other ways to get better at it.

Any advice?

holy shit you people are weak... i do 30 as a warm up... jesus fuck

Pics

practice with one armed lat pulls with a rotation, also practice contracting muscles from your back all the way up to your forearm in that order.

do more pull ups

Rubber handles are pure shit for grip and anybody wanting to do unassisted pullups

Why the hell would this be pathetic, it's literally a machine designed to acclimate you for the unassisted pull up. You people are absurdly judgemental to the point that it's difficult to discern if it's conscious parody or legitimate hate.

Is it better to do 4 series of 10 pull-ups or only one of 15 or something?

Attached: amigrojos.png (500x568, 542K)

this is fine when you are still learning, but you really need to improve grip at the same time which will have a huge impact on pull strength.

If you are a male aged 16-32 without any kind of injury, yeah

i can tell you're a fat ass from this post alone. don't @ me

Personally what worked for me was staying in that position for 10 seconds then slowly releasing tension, do 1, take like 1-2min rest and do it again, managed to go from 0 pull ups to 3-4 in a month if I remember correctly

Attached: pull-up.jpg (480x270, 23K)

Actually most of the bigger guys at my gym use the assisted pullup machine to finish off their workouts, I've seen them try actual pullups and they can probably do one so no you shouldn't feel bad.

Yeah, it's easier to do 10 pullups with 50kg bodyweight than 5 with 100kg.

How come I can do 8 chin ups on a leg day in between other exercises, but on a pull day I can't?

For some reason the biggest guys in my gym do those retarded crossfit pullups.

desu my weighted pullup strength goes up when i'm on a slight bulk compared to when i'm cutting

I can do 14 dead hang pull-ups right now, is there any way to double that in about a month or so? Will L-sit pull-ups help with that?

Do you not have a reaction folder? Fucking normies

Attached: 1543401731513.png (375x375, 138K)

So not the same thing. Yes, of course you're stronger when you're bulking, that's just how biology works. But a twink dyel will do more pullups than a skinnyfat dude with the same lifts.

Is there any reason not to always do weighted pull ups once you can? The helped me break my 12-rep plateau, and I'm considering just always having the extra 15-20 pounds, especially now that cut season is upon is.

Attached: how-to-do-weighted-pull-ups.jpg (250x371, 15K)

Going from 14 to 28 in a month is a steep order, but if you're consistent you can take a pretty good chunk out if it. L pull ups, different grip widths, timed hangs and weighted sets are all good for working different aspects of the motion, but the most important thing is just raw consistency and progressive overload.

Pavels Russian Fighter Pullup Program brought me from 12 to 22, had to run it like 3-5 times and it took me a few months. It has you doing doing pullups about 5-6 days a week based upon your 1RM, u most likely will develop golfers elbow tendinitis tho
strongfirst.com/the-fighter-pullup-program-revisited/

Thanks for the advice my dude
I haven’t seen this program before, but I have gotten golfers elbow from doing pull-ups and pushups with incorrect form. I’ll take a look at the link. Thanks my dude.

This is the best pull-up program I've found so far. It probably helps that it's not going for clicks or creativity or to sell a mediocre workout to middle aged office workers, it's just trying to get 20 year olds able to meet selection criteria.

marines.mil/Portals/59/Docs/PullupTrainingGuide.pdf

I’m doing wendlers 531 boring but big program which calls for 5x10 pull-ups twice a week. I weigh 200 lbs and pretty much have to use assistance at like 80 lbs. my back is definitely getting wider.

let me guess, you either swing your whole body chrossfit style or are some 120 pound manlet

I'm 235lbs 5'11" and I can't do a pullup. Been lifting for about 8 months and I've always had to use the assisted pullup. I got down to bodyweight -50lbs but it just doesn't feel the same as other workouts in the gym, like I'm not feeling the muscle activation? I'm starting to do relaxed and activated hangs to see if that will help. Anyone have similar experiences/input?

I thought you new year plebs would be gone by now, good job still being here.

This guy is right tho its pathetic to call others babies when you can't even do 10 pull ups.

the best range is 5-8. If you can do more than 8, load more. If you can't do 5, deload

Is that even with multiple sets? I'm doing about 8 sets of 6 per workout. It seems like a good metric, though.

I don't think that really matters. As long as you can keep going and aren't taxing your muscles too much.

The problem I have with these machines is that they’re too wide for a beginner. Utilizing more shoulder and scapula than necessary compared to their lats, which makes the exercise needlessly harder to do in the process

more volume is better to increase your max, so dont go to failure, opting for more sets instead

Not personal experience exactly, but I helped a friend of mine who weighed 220 get his first pull up since grade school. Keep working on activated hangs and negatives and work on your form on a cable pulldown machine if you have access to one, it gives you more control than an assisted machine.

Bro, these machines are good for drop sets, do some drop sets and tell me it's not a great machine

i think doing heavy lat pull-downs will get you faster to doing real pull-ups than this piece of shit machine

I wonder what Jason Blaha thinks about this

>calls others babby
>can only do 7 pullups
i bet they arent even strict lmao

>be me, 5'10, 220lbs
>do 18 strict pullups
>do 5x5 pullups with +50lbs
and yet i feel small

>t. brah who's going to make it

Easy when you weigh 100 lbs

Yeah. But thats why youre doing them. So you can make fun of the next guy who has to

Worked for me. Used the machine for about a month, but when you get to about 25-30lbs assistance, there is too much friction so the pad moves too slowly. At this point I did kipping pull ups for a few weeks til I could do sets of 5 good pull ups.

Lat pull downs didn't help me much I think because I wasn't learning the proper motion. Plus the lat pull down machine had a very wide bar.

i use this because i need it. im just starting to lift though and im weak. dont think its pathetic though. my body just isn't trained. i don't particularly care. im 30 btw, if that matters.

Everyone has to start somewhere, faggot.

Most ive ever done im a set was 22. Ive seen kids younger than me blow through 30 easy. That machine is like using a naked bar so you can do a high number of sets instead of a 135 to do a few normal. Put your ego aside and actually do the work

bump

>Tried to use it when I was at the gym last
>Too weak to even pull myself up assisted

Attached: f59.jpg (662x712, 64K)

how embarrassing was it to walk away from the machine after you know people saw you weakly trying to hoist yourself up but unable to manage?

yeah but eventually you won't so whatever

Why do you care what other people may think of you? What a beta way of thinking?

solid advice right here

Last week I did my first pull up, took me like 4 months.

Pretty bad, people did see but I'm beyond the point of caring

It was a bit
But I knew they didn't really give a shit and I managed 3 reps unassisted last time I was there
Being bitch-made is a state of mind

Perfect, thanks. I switched to lat pulldown from assisted pullups for that reason.

i can do 3x8 pullups and i still use this machine as a high rep lat pully alternative

Even if you do like 10 pullups that machine will help you get up to 15-20 very easily. Assisted pullup machine is god tier.

That or the band thing where you swing around like a retard is good for burning out when you can't do strict ROM ones anymore.