What’s the main reason people NEVER achieve their Gym Goals?

Attached: 51DD3684-0D91-419B-A7AD-46C94EF82896.jpg (555x552, 27K)

For me it's the alcohol

Poor/inconsistent diet

for me its injury. went to the gym for 5 weeks as a new year resolutioner, hurt my pec and now ive been off for 1 week prolly not going back lol still hurts

They give up too soon.

Not working hard enough to achieve it duh

You should keep going and work around your injury, pussy

how did you injure yourself ? As a new year resolutioner you should really mind your form and volume bro

>prolly not going back lol

Attached: 7EB1C174-37ED-429F-8F99-8710062A30BF.jpg (301x251, 34K)

side of pec hurts when i do stuff ;/
did some bench where i tried to see if i can bench +2.5 kg more than before. was a heavy set. after i switched exercise i noticed there was some weird pain in the pectoral muscle.

Their goals are warped by roiding fitness personalities. Slowly developing body dysmorphia makes sure you'll never reach your goals (while staying natty).

Lack of discipline

this, it takes years, and by how Jow Forums is always filled with people new to lifting, you can judge how few of us actualy sticks to it for longer

Do stuff that doesn't hurt the pec

>Leg press
>Abs
>Only work the other side of your body

Just keep going to the gym

>did some bench where i tried to see if i can bench +2.5 kg more than before. was a heavy set. after i switched exercise i noticed there was some weird pain in the pectoral muscle.

Does your gym have elastic bands? You could use those to stretch out your pecs, i also use them to warm up in general especially my shoulders.

how do i into disciplinary dieting/meal planning? friends always want to go to exotic restaurants and i go home some weekends and my mom cooks me tons of comfort food. to compensate i go on crash diets to burn fat fast but this probably kills my gains. should i drop out of society to keep my macros straight?

Just too tired. Can never get enough sleep so I feel rested enough and energized to do the lifts I want. Always have to take at least one rest day after every work out I do so I cant go one solid week of working out. I hate it. I try to go to bed early but sometimes my mind gets restless and I can't focus and calm it down so I can sleep.

It takes serious discipline and people have unrealistic expectations with a desire for instant gratification

I quit the gym once because I failed my cut and started binging and at the time I was struggling in uni, got super depressed then said fuck this and quit. Also I started making money which made me wanna focus on that, so I used it as an excuse. Was out of the gym for about 2 years, finished uni, couldn't look at myself in the mirror and I understood that the time I spend in the gym won't matter in achieving my goals so I started again in april of 2018.

lower the volume then, listen to your body

Its all focus, i see alot of excuses here. Quick blog post, I work 24/7 on call, co run a buisness, take care of livestock daily, have a house and wife and children. On top of all this iv been suffering ( doing much better) with ulcerative colitis for secen years. If money is a problem, generate more money cause food is key to gains. Time you have you’re just not using it property. I have a home gym ( cheap power rack/bench with dip station and pull up bar) i only go to gyms when out of town. Also you can do bodyweight workouts anywhere no excuses, i do them at work or hotels all the time. Main reason people fail is focus. Make real goals achievable goals, dont compare yourself to others beyond your level. Also /fit is a great place but if you’re asking serious questions here, go to the gym and talk to humans.

This + lack of knowledge

my failures are the same as the Greek king Sisyphus
I'll achieve my goal in roughly a year or maybe a year and a half
i'll find myself satisfied with how i look and begin to slack in my daily routine
then as the kings boulder rolled back down the hill so to does my physique fall away from my goal
im trying to make a much more concentrated effort to gain and maintain my goals indefinitely

For me it's scoliosis. Period.

Also forgot to mention, food prep. Key to making it unless your a neet. Every sunday i make my food for the week. Also have not counted macros in years, once you understand what foods to eat just eat healthy and match the calories needed for your goals.

Tell you mom you can cook for yourself. Cook yourself high protein meals with vegetables. Count your macros. Go to restaurants and have fun with your friends now and then, it's fine.

I achieved all of my goals.

That leads me to believe that the reason that most people don’t is because they don’t use roids.

Their goals are too high and it's actually pretty hard to reach.

If you want to get stronger and have a good overall shape, its quite easy.

If you want to be ripped with bulging muscles like in movies and magazines, it's not going to happen unless you're very seriously dedicated.

Your home gym is your key.

If you had to go to a gym, its not really possible to maintain with that lifestyle. The whole process is about 2 hours.

This, i got three years in to serious lifting, had to ask myself if i really wanted to maintain this for pure vanity. Dropped intensity, lost tad of muscle and now its much more fun and workable for daily life.

Most people quit after 8 weeks

I can agree, not waiting on equipment saves me alot of time. Still achievable, just have to switch up routined based on your available time

Yeah, you can probably power through 5 different lifts in about 30 minutes, anyone can fit that into their day, but only that 30 minutes.

2 hours is too much if youre a properly busy person.

simply put motherfuckers dont eat enough
can put shit on a 2500 calorie diet

They see images of celebrities on roids and don't realize that size is impossible without roids.

Attached: 00-lede-the-rock.jpg (780x1036, 121K)

everyone has a chad inside them

Attached: Untitled.png (270x585, 295K)

>prolly not going back lol
god it's like you've been on Jow Forums for years already

Perhaps rethink your view on life. Yes its easier, thats why i brought it into my life. You can put a pull up bar anywhere. Benchs can fit into most bedrooms. Dumbell or kettlebell can be done anywhere. Make your life easier. Also 30 minutes, 5 lifts? Lift heavier, you wont be doing all your lifts in 30 min!

Because they're natty

laziness and in turn misinformation

Taking fitness too seriously. Gym noobs are eager to do as much as possible as soon as possible so they quickly burn themselves out with ridiculous workouts and unsustainably strict diets.
Go for an hour a day three days a week, slowly up your weights, keep your diet clean of trash and eat like a normal person. This is the easy part.
The hard part is doing it consistently for years.

This, because of this You can get pretty shredded in 8-12 months if you stop putting cookies in your mouth, and that's about 6-10 months longer than most people keep up with it. Tons of people never even hit their first reset, quit, come back two months later, and then bitterly post on Jow Forums because they can never leave.

everything past solving nerd APT and rounded back is vanity or you've fallen into a realm of competition you shouldn't even want to be in (its all narcissists and rich kids that don't have to work)

you'll catch mires in america for having a flat set of pecs and arms girls can't fit their pinky around ffs

at what poitn do most people cap out if they have proper form doing calisthenic routines? im able to do that at home and making big noob gains so far, is using my own 170lb of body weight enough to get to a reasonable level of jacked? dont want the roided look, just look attractive to women

the media fills their heads with unrealistic expectations.

How many times has a celeb put on a ton of muscle and gotten shredded for a movie, and in interviews they always say the same shit "yea man 6 months of clean eating and hard work"

Natty people try this, stay super disciplined for 3 months and then realize they still look like absolute shit and no where near the goal body they were promised. They get discouraged and give up.
The whole fitness industry is a hypocrisy that just manipulates and exploits peoples' desperation and dreams.
Constantly shilling their useless shit, while secretly roiding and touching up their images.

Attached: 1538776396896.jpg (400x400, 23K)

The fact that people won't pay like $10 a month to subscribe to Layne Norton's deal (or some other bio PhD natty, even just some free site that's vetted by a guy you trust, IDGAF about the brand) is proof that you're right.

You have a bunch of internet scholars running 20 Google searches for every exercise, routine or fad diet they come across when really you should flip like 25 cents a day at a legitimate source of information and structure your life loosely around it.

On every open fitness board sometimes its just like "yeah dude keep talking about your creatine-infused vitamin c eye drops and how you shrug your shoulders during a rep for extra gainz, I'll be over here actually lifting and then moving on to the other parts of my life so I don't give up or waste gym time on the internet" and then the debates rage on for so long you know some onlooker is just sitting there paralyzed in fear because they can't figure out how to start, much less do something consistently for the months and months it takes to see results

IDK I've seen people who swear by Convict Conditioning and they look solid ottermode with a few lbs of extra muscle, seems legit

When I first started I had this meme in my head, that I've been hearing for years from many people, that it takes 3 months to get big juicy muscles and abs, as long as you go to the gym everyday.
Imagine my disappointment after 3 months when I saw very incredibly little change. But I decided to keep going because I learned to like lifting and it was "free" paid by tuition
I believe the ideas that society and other people push to others make them quit their goals very fast when they don't see immediate results, especially if they pay for it monthly.

lifting for mires is the source of the problem

don't do shit to make other people notice you, you'll just end up feeling bad about it every time

do shit that you like or do it for your health, that's it

Weighted vest/belt for pull ups if you can. Dumbells or kettlebells. Eat clean, stay lean and women will love it.

jesus can't believe people get sold on that bullshit

you could've just googled "progress pics bodybuilding forums" like any reasonable skeptic and you easily discover which ones are legit and roughly the time window it takes to be an obvious lifter (about a year or two if we're talking about normie standards and not Jow Forums HAHA DYEL BRO LOOK AT YOUR ARMS I CANT JACK OFF TO THOSE)

Let me see if I can get the truths every new aspiring lifter should know:
>Expect it to take 9 months, bare minimum for you to be remotely satisfied with your progress
>Eat between .6-1.2g/lb of protein. Yes, it's a lot. No, it's not too much. No, you probably won't be able to reach it, but that's more reason to keep eating, fucker.
>Do high volume resistance exercises, 5x5 or 4x5+, 3x6+, etc. Bodyweight is possible but will take a lot longer.
>Stop looking to food as a source of entertainment or pleasure. Food is a gas station for your body, and that's all it should be. Pleasure is everywhere in the world, go find something beautiful and jack off on it.
>Ignore disagreements with conventional wisdom, they're either bullshit or not geared at you as a beginner and assuming you know a bunch of shit you probably don't.

What'd I miss fellow enlightened beginner bros?

thats my plan, im currently capped at like 7 overhand pullups for an idea of my current strength level. Was going to get a weight vest off Amazon once i can do like 15 clean unweighted ones. They seem pretty expensive, like $150 for the vest and then a full set of weights, but sure cheaper over a year+ than going to the gym

Why does this sound the same as those teenager girls looking up to models and going anorexic.

Lack of discipline.

Faggots are all about muh "gym motivation" instead of adjusting their life and diet to get the body they want.

accident, hospital stay, pill addiction, discharge, depression, alcohol abuse, more pills, suicidal ideation. in that order. for me, at least.

Every response here goes back to discipline and dedication.

not eating enough, not lifting heavy enough.

because it is, dont trust any person in the media who is supposed to "look good"

>laziness
>food tastes good
>alcohol is fun
>natural bodytype (not in the sense that it's impossible to overcome, but in the sense that it takes way more effort to transcent shitty genes than it is to improve upon good one)
>exercise genuinely is a eternally miserable experience for some people

First time going to the gym is miserable, you lift little, are out of breath and everyrhing hurts the next day

Yea if your a basedboi

Never gonna make it.

That's not really the problem. The problem is that it feels so pointless. You're not gaining some permanent skill, you're not making some undeniable permanent progress towards some goal.

When you play sports/have a hobby, atleast you're getting better at the sport/hobby. When you go to the gym, you're just losing fat/gaining muscle/increasing your cardio until you stop going. Once you stop going for a year or so because of life getting in the way, you go back to zero. Everything before that was a waste of time and you have gained literally nothing from the experience.

You can argue that that's not true, but that's how it feels to me at least. I don't feel that way about other activities, only lifting.

why do people say alcohol? Just say beer because thats what you mean. I drink a jameson & diet coke and it doesnt set be back at all. Sure it would be better if I had no vices, but its not a big deal as long as youre not chugging beer like water like some dope.

>you're not making some undeniable permanent progress towards some goal.
What about progressive overload? Adding weight to a lift is actual quantifiable improvement not just some vague sense of getting better which is probably just delusion anyway.

I'm currently living with a family of Russians and vodka is basically pure alcohol.

Also, I have recently started to grow a liking to Mojito's because evidently I'm turning into a huge faggot.

Went for 2 months, guy in charge put me to do an exercise I said I wasn't ready for. Ended up puking my guts out in the bathroom.

Haven't been to a gym since, only outdoors stuff.

> Adding weight to a lift is actual quantifiable improvement
Sure, but it isn't (/doesn't feel like) a permanent improvement. Like, you can take up a hobby, get bored of it for a few months then pretty much continue where you left off. With Jow Forums shit it doesn't work like that. You basically start from square one every time. In fact, it takes substantial effort/willpower just to maintain your gains.
>which is probably just delusion anyway
You can break anything down to everything being pointless. I'm not saying I am right and you are wrong. I'm just just stating how I feel about it.

quitting after capping their noob gains and realizing that actual progress takes effort and discipline

muscle memory is not a meme, I quit lifting for full 5 years, had no activity, party and got drunk every other day, started lifting again and got to my numbers from before break, that took me 2 years to get for the first time, in less than half a year

Tbh I don't understand how muscle memory would help you build muscle faster.

This is my ideal body

I'm getting there by eating clen and T3raining hard with healthy amounts of ephedrest and caffeindence

Attached: F04487BA-A93F-4247-9633-160AE9889B3E.gif (286x258, 3.63M)

Not the guy you responded to (so he may have a different answer), but there are quite a few papers in gen-physiology/neurophysiology showing that a significant component of any muscular development is the motor neurons supplying that muscular region. That may sound obvious, but to elaborate, the strength of connection, rate of neuronal recruitment, strength of NT recycling on the neurons plays a very, very significant role in not just developing your muscle size and strength, but also your muscle memory. Again, that might sound obvious, but if I can elaborate one final time - it's like saying it is preferable to train your motor neurons rather than your muscles to attain maximum strength. This has led me to believe (and probably a few others) that the next major step in fitness supplements is not going to be protein/muscle based, but rather components for healthy motor-neuronal development.

Interesting.

Some people can't build muscle at all no matter what (srs, this is me, SS for 2 years on a caloric surplus and still can't 2/3/4, no muscle was built at all)

I can gain muscle easily, but I can't for the life of me lose my bellyfat. I would kill to be able to eat at a caloric surplus for 2 years without looking like a pregnant woman.

belly and love handles for me but fasting is helping a lot

Attached: 4ec[1].png (1018x919, 128K)

I like eating too much. Not even unhealthy food. I genuinely love Jow Forums approved food, I just eat shittons of it.

muh genetics and grade school energy knowledge though!!!!

red pill: genes are important for gaining muscle mass and losing fat, there are many ways for your body to expend the calories you take in

t. based halfrican genes giving me huge gains while my gymbro gets none

This

does adie even post anymore

when noob gains run out

It simply comes down to does it matter or does it not.
If your lifting goals are serious you assess them against your everyday life, however if they dont its rather easy to drift from the path and forget entirely and then one day say "oh I dont know why I didn't hi the goals, guess I got distracted."

by the time you actually reach your initial goals, your goals will have probably changed. for example most people who have never lifted and start will think any celebrity with abs is jacked, like tupac or ed norton in american history x

Attached: 1548037457504.jpg (1058x1261, 618K)

Maybe I'm a brainlet, but why does the face always seem to change when people put on muscle too?

look at the lighting

i look like the guy on the left

Attached: 1445832944302.jpg (633x758, 93K)

Mental weakness

I train a 67 year old 100lb grandmother who can deadlift 175 for reps with grade 3 scoli

youre a pussy

For me it's the 50 hour a week work grind,
Balancing that with gains, a girlfriend, family commitments and social circle whilst also finding time to meditate, read and gain wisdom. Thats not to say I've given up, far from it, 300/400/500 club, but with my potential I'd be much better. I remember I took a month off work and had the best gains of my life. It was literally like roids, just because of the reduction of mental stress.

I have lots of friends who come and go with me to the gym, and their problem is like mine, only I do whatever it takes to hit the iron 3-4 times week, even if it means dragging my sleep deprived mentally tired ass to the gym.

>effort/willpower to maintain your gains

??? maybe if we're talking actual lifters but for your average dedicated Jow Forumsizen it takes 2 protein shakes a day and like an hour 3x a week of maintenance lifting

have you been to /cbt/? this isn't a competition forum

which is why its so dumb that people here deride SS+GOMAD

most of Jow Forums should be hella fit because they're literal shut-ins who live with their parents or on SSI

in fact the average 4channer might even be better than the average normie if they lifted, since they usually have a pretty good surface understanding of just about every form of entertainment and major hobby, that would perform well socially if attached to the right frame

Laziness, if you lift for 6months with any sort of intensity you will notice a pretty big difference, lift for a full year consistently and you will be more muscular and better looking than 99% of people you see in any given day but most people don't last that long.

If you keep a low bodyfat and don't take steroids you will never get past the point of looking "athletic" unless you hit the weights hard for 10+ years and even then you won't look like a roider.

au contraire lean bulking isnt as easy

adie, pls go

bulking in general is a dangerous path that should only be attempted by the most disciplined especially if you are over 25

Inconsistency and impatience.

Attached: black sun.gif (700x394, 1.9M)

>no one remembers addy
Fuck. Those of you that remember, how old are you now? I am 24.

Attached: 1549270379236.jpg (1024x1024, 103K)

Dickbut