Did this video kill calories in/calories out theory?

youtu.be/orh1W0sxCQI

Attached: 1478366484969.jpg (960x922, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trainingpeaks.com/blog/how-accurate-is-that-calorie-reading/
weightloss.com.au/weight-loss/weight-loss-tools/exercise-energy-charts.html
youtu.be/zcMBm-UVdII
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not wasting 4:37 of my life on this garbage.

I don't understand how people think that the human body is capable of defying thermodynamics

refute the points in the vid

nah bro Im sweet

Mmm them thighs

Short answer: No
Long answer: Weight loss can be difficult due to unconcious compensatory behaviors and a basal metabolism that decreases with weight loss, and most people have a poor understanding of how their body works and thus how to lose weight (I can’t count how many people I’ve met who thought I could eat “whatever” I want because I work out frequently), but we are all still at the mercy of CICO, even though calories out changes.

First 2 minutes are literally some fat soiboi saying that dieting makes you hungry. Not wasting another 2 minutes on this trash

Your body resists inefficient energy use. Never once does the video state that you won't lose body mass if you eat less than your total energy expenditure. IDK how fatties get this retarded.

The body can change on how efficient it is at digesting food. That doesn't break any laws of thermalphysics.

Also it can be hard to tell what is making you fat when most of your diet is in check.
Right now I'm considering drastically cutting alcohol, bread and chocoloate even though I''m just drinking a few beer every friday night and I eat just dark (>85%) chocolate and my bread is not undustrial bread.

who is that girl jesus christ

No.

Didn't watch.

I want a 3some with them both

The body changing how efficient it is doesn't defy cico. My point still stands.

>CICO doesn't work for me
>Am I underestimating the calories I eat? Overestimating the calories I burn? Has my metabolism slowed down to compensate for reduced intake? Has my body gotten more efficient at nutrient and oxygen transportation and utilization?
>No, that's silly. Thermodynamics must be flawed.

>eating less food leads to more hungry.

So... No, this didn't refute anything.

no i just want to meet that girl, her body is so tight and fit. you can just tell she's a 10/10 under there. HNnnnggg

calories in and out claims that all you need to do is eat less than TDEE, but the vid says that you'll spend less calories after dieting

Inefficiency, for instance keto noobs who try drinking oil and end up shitting oil. Technically those calories are going out, but it's difficult to quantify. People usually don't burn their shit in a calorimeter to figure out the inefficiency of their digestion.

Also depending on how you estimate and calculate the efficiency of force production, you might be burning more calories than a 100% efficient system would in order to produce a given amount of work. For example, take this:

trainingpeaks.com/blog/how-accurate-is-that-calorie-reading/

This guy estimates that in cycling, 1 calorie is burned for every kilojoule produced, even though a perfectly efficient system would produce 4.186 kJ.

I found another website listing average kilojoules for various activities, but in their calories burned table, they don't take into account inefficiency, and underestimate the amount of calories burned.

weightloss.com.au/weight-loss/weight-loss-tools/exercise-energy-charts.html

Those statements are not mutually exclusive. And obviously if you have less mass then you will require less energy to maintain.

My argument has nothing to do with efficiency. Nice wall of text tho.

Nah

You're an idiot if you don't understand conservation of energy.

didnt watch lol
no

go fuck yourself

And if you'd actually read it, you'd know that I want talking about thermodynamics, but the conventional way people count "calories out".

Caloric Reduction as Primary (CRaP) method doesn't work due to hormonal compensations.

Fasting increases BMR, does not decrease BMR over time, and is better.

There's literally only one definition of cico. You're a retard.

Selective stats.
Driving home the points that they want to make while leaving out the stuff they don't want. The reason why losing weight is so hard via the video is because your body tells you that you are hungry aka you have no will power. They never talk about set point. When you lose weight and maintain that new weight for (i think its like a month?) a time frame, your body gets used to it and adjusts.

>losing weight is hard
>like, really, really hard

Attached: Screenshot_20190118-011851.jpg (2190x1080, 484K)

>does this kill a scientific fact
I knew this board of full of retards, name-diet shills, and the like but blatant science deniers? Maybe I need to join r*ddit..

No shit, that's why you recalculate your tdee after every month or so. This is common sense even if you're an absolute newbie to dieting.

>then go back to the amount you want to be when you reach the body you desire
Well there's the fucking problem there you dingus, If you lost 50lbs by cutting 1,000 calories obviously you'll gain 50lbs by adding those calories

Yes. You should’ve already known this. Is this news to you? It’s common sense that you have to adjust your calories in/out as you go. 1. You weigh less so BMR goes down 2. Your body will adapt to burn a little bit less calories over time if you diet for a long time. That’s why you either drop 10% of your calories every 2-3 weeks or add more cardio every 2-3 weeks

the point made at the end of the video is that your body doesn't actually adapt to your new weight because hormones from before

I don’t take advice from people that don’t look fit

Based

That's actually a pretty good philosophy. I'll remember that.

So that's why I lose more weight when I'm not doing cardio after/before lifting?

>thermalphysics

Attached: niggerwhat.jpg (243x207, 6K)

not reading any retarded post in this retarded thread

the body will try its hardest to maintain homeostasis. It literally fights any attempt to gain weight or cut weight

It's on point. Muh "ONLY CICO WERKZ" reductionist faggots are wrong and CICO obviously won't be 100% correct when pertaining to a system as multivariate as human physiology.
Even following basic evolutionary thought, you can deduct CICO is horseshit.

CICO has been extremely outdated for years at this point.

No, but this video 100% does.

youtu.be/zcMBm-UVdII

Why even comment in this thread?

Keto nonsense.

Keto is still calories in calories out. Yes your burning more fat on keto, but your also storing more fat on keto.

No study has put someone on a keto diet, had them eat an excess amount of energy, then they lose weight that isn't water.

Its not that carbs that is the problem, its more the combination of fats and carbs. For example, cakes have a ton of fat, but also carbs.

People aren't getting fat because they are eating a ton of fruit.

Obviously only gaining weight is healthy you ableist pieces of garbage

>Losing weight is hard.
>Like, really, really hard.

Attached: Q50bEdc.jpg (908x1210, 85K)

Why are you shilling your video

Because self-reported anecdotal evidence is worth jack fucking shit

CICO brainlet.

Metabolism is still hormone driven. Yes your taking in less calories on CICO, but your also reducing your BMR on CICO.

No study has put someone in CICO, had them eat less food, and not reduced their BMR in the process.

Its not that calories is the problem, its more the combination of low calories and time. For example, when you reduce your calories, your BMR also falls.

People aren't getting enough calories because they've fallen prey to retards like me.

Macros
Calories
Eating frequency

It all matters
But you cant take just one of them and be yep, thats all that matters

>Even following basic evolutionary thought, you can deduct CICO is horseshit.
I'd like to see that deduction.

Not gonna give you a single view you cunt

>but your also storing more fat on keto.

Attached: 4be76eec.png (511x515, 17K)

So he's telling me...

Losing weight, and not putting it back on requires permanent changes to your diet and lifestyle?

Woahhh.

How is losing weight hard? I'm having 10x more troubles putting on weight(muscle weight that is)

Based
No video is going to disprove CICO. Same with evolution, gravity, reversing entropy, perpetual motion devices, etc.

Every rigorous attempt to find deviations from CICO have failed. When you actually put people in controlled, monitored environments and feed them exactly the same calories, their fat mass change is same.

>When you actually put people in controlled, monitored environments and feed them exactly the same calories, their fat mass change is same.
Patently false. You are a fucking moron.

It will not be exactly the same but you're still a coping fattie

That's bullshit. Hormones are not static and change frequently, that's why fat fucks have more estrogen in their blood.

why post this shit on my Jow Forums, nigger?

>Ctrl+F "ncbi"
>no results

Shit thread.

/thread
one could argue /board

>People usually don't burn their shit in a calorimeter to figure out the inefficiency of their digestion.

Damn that's a really good idea actually.

sauce on OPs pic?