YOU ARE YOUR OWN GYM

Hey, Jow Forums.

So, first of all, I am more of a /lit/ guy, so not that into fitness and stuff. But I recently started dating this girl and feel like I should get "in shape", whatever that may be.

I bought both pic related and the app, and thought I could give it a chance, since I hate going to the gym -- the environment just pisses me off -- and don't have money or time to afford going there.

If I follow its program, will I be able to get in shape?

Thanks!

Infos: 170cm/5.6 ft; 72kg; I don't want to become Hulk, I just want to lose fat and define my muscles and feel better in general. Michelangelo's David would be a nice body goal.

Attached: yayog.jpg (213x237, 13K)

it's a finely crafted bait to be sure
it's sure to catch a few

yeah there are some legit exercises in there.

Do not lift for thots.

Also you will never look "hulked out" unless you use steroids. Natties need fat in order to maintain high amounts of muscle.

The most you will amount to using calisthenics alone will be a dyel. And David isn't dyel.

>Do not lift for thots.
k

>The most you will amount to using calisthenics alone will be a dyel
What would you recommend me, then? I really have a strong resistance against gym. I thought I'd combine it with darebees exercises.

>I really have a strong resistance against gym

All I can say is that you need to get over it. Going to the gym doesn't make you a meathead, less intelligent, violent, right-wing, it doesn't make you anything other than stronger. And being concerned with how it makes you appear to others makes you a pseud.

Ok. Is there ANY other way I could get fit without having to go to the gym? I don't think it'd make me less intelligent, and I would certainly consider it if would make me slightly more violent, but I don't have the fucking time/money. If there isn't, I'll have to accept the idea of doing cardio forever. Besides, how were men fit before this gym trend?

Since you're concerned about time, you should know that barbell training is the most efficient way to get stronger.

And if you're concerned about money, think of it as an investment. Many of the worst effects of old age are caused by frailty, which you can fix by getting stronger, especially if you do it now while you're young.

Download convict conditioning. The exercises and progressions are solid, you won't need any equipment and I'd love the thought of a pseudo intellectual like yourself struggling to get through the awful prose

I love the fact that you're calling me a pseudo based on the fact that I come from /lit/. I love it because we are all pseuds in there. Thanks for the recommendation!

I'll consider it. Thanks.

>since I hate going to the gym -- the environment just pisses me off
Stop being a giant prancing homo

Also, read the sticky

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again, bastard.

Assuming this isn't bait:
Books and programs like this, especially those utilizing faux inspirational messages and "inspirational" stuff are design for people who don't want to go to the gym or people who are old. Programs like these are simply inefficient for a man under 50 who's not obese. It will get you gains because all beginners make gains really easy, but you will never look like the guy on the cover. Your best best is to read the sticky for starters.

Attached: 1438133664069.jpg (2856x3645, 1.69M)

Also this thread had some actually good advice for once

>Assuming this isn't bait
OP here. This is a frequent meme question on this board I guess?

>Your best best is to read the sticky for starters
I have already, a couple of weeks ago. I'll revisit it again though, thanks.

I recommend infinite intensity and never gymless by ross enamit. Both great books

>Besides, how were men fit before this gym trend?
Other than a lifetime of farm work? Still the gym.

Attached: Ancient-Greeks.jpg (650x338, 119K)

I wasn't mentioning too far back in time, more like 1800s/early 1900s middle class men.

That's right about when modern gym culture was invented.
Bodybuilders like Sandow selling home workout routines. Social fitness movements like Muscular Christianity.
Mixed martial arts training like Edward William Barton-Wright's Bartitsu. Fad diets. Calory counting.
Personal trainers. Modern revival of the Olympic games.

The list could go on...

Attached: Ct37hR2WcAAQLk3.jpg (1200x932, 170K)

>tfw no Indian Clubs

Attached: 68fe11ddada51d2ff66d23f365659f2b--physical-fitness-mead.jpg (222x320, 13K)

I do second this I have been doing it for about 3 months and it's easy to see progression. But I think the workouts are a little light, so I do 5x a week with pushups/abs as A, pull ups/squats as B, bridges and handstands are C
I do ABCAB for the week. I'm currently on the second progression for most exercises and have been taking it really slow. The gains come slowly but if you write everything down and try to increase reps by at least 1 every session, you'll be happy with it. It takes extreme patience but if you integrate it into your daily routine it'll become second nature.

Then you can be /fitlit/

Nice! I'll start with You Are Your Own Gym since I purchased the fucking app and then move on to Convict Conditioning. As a law student I spent the last 5 years sitting down for hours doing souless jobs and my body is far from prepared to something brutal.

>Then you can be /fitlit/
That is the goal, my friend.

You could absolutely get shredded doing calisthenics and cardio. Most of the folks on here have a strong aversion to it, but it works.

Really? That's what I thought when I created the thread, but yeah, most of Jow Forums seems to not think greatly of calisthenics.

You can be "fit" for regular life with calisthenics and mild conditioning. You are not going to be particularly strong, muscular, buff, cut, swole, or anything like that without some fucking external weight to lift, whether it's at a gym or in your garage.

It just takes a long time and is incredibly difficult. Two things that aren't admired much here.