Why do a surprising amount of weightlifters watch anime?

youtube.com/watch?v=rYkNcDWgrRk

Is it because they watched anime before lifting?

Attached: 2412.gif (500x297, 953K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nffYBJL_Pfc
youtu.be/hyNu5i_6lKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shounen annie-mays promote masculinity and struggle/success because they're all coming of age stories.
body builders want to be achieve something, usually a body they're proud of.

shounen is a gateway drug to anime not aimed at children.

young boys grow up into body builders and continue watching the same type of shows they watched when they were young.

this pretty much

Thread. Have any idea of how many men were inspired to struggle by Vegeta, to go beast by Gohan, and to be a good father by Piccolo

Vegeta, Yamcha, and Krillin were my favorite characters.

youtube.com/watch?v=nffYBJL_Pfc

Attached: happy-tears-gif-14.gif (500x206, 776K)

This is now an "anime that inspired you to lift" thread.

Attached: Baki_2018_anime.jpg (701x989, 194K)

>watching shonen before you lift
>not watching idolshows or comfy slice of life

Never gonna make it

Attached: jhbj.jpg (277x277, 52K)

kill la kill

Attached: Kill-la-Kill-Ep-04-27.png (1280x720, 311K)

Attached: 0046-002.jpg (2263x1600, 1.1M)

still gets me after all these years

Attached: 1521308422470.jpg (461x523, 89K)

Limitbreaking is a big part of action anime

The K-On! insert song album is my most played album at the gym.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaarkkkk

Attached: 1545141938324.jpg (800x1149, 366K)

A man has to have guts, that's just how it is.
youtu.be/hyNu5i_6lKA

Kengan Asura made me want to lift.

It's because they were weebs that got Jow Forums. Anyone trying to tell you different is a liar.

Autists of the feather flock together.

It's literally impossible to listen to Libera Me From Hell and not want to lift afterward

They don't

There's two kinds of nerds: the autists who can't deal with real life and use nerdshit as an escape, and the autists who watch nerdshit and are inspired to try and make it a reality. Unfortunately, the latter is in the minority

>Be 14 y/o me circa 12 years ago
>Skinny autistic shy bullied weebfag
>Also fairly isolated because live on the outskirts of town, no friends, dad in another state, and mom never home
>Summer before HS literally only see my mom twice a week or so, and no other people
>In this state of isolation decide I'm gonna be an anime protagonist
>Start jogging and doing calisthenics, which eventually becomes lifting
>HS arrives, first things first, stop taking shit
>Pick fights with my bullies no matter how fucked I am
>As my weight and win ratio start to slowly rise, so does my confidence.
>Also attend a cheap mma group run by a church twice a week and start training with a swordfag w/ black belt in karate. I teach him groundwork and weightlifting, he teaches me striking and melee weapons. Naturally we also do autistic training exercises.
>Start doing things a protagonist would do, from bad (shoplifting, vandalizing, fighting) to good (got straight-A's, got a job to help with rent, mowed my elderly neighbor's lawn)
>Also started helping out the weird/autism/nerd crowd with their bullies and social problems, including hooking up this mousy girl and gamerfag too shy to make a move themselves
>This naturally makes me respected in the HS outcast community, though I make sure not to get close as to maintain my APism, occasionally rejecting invites or attempts to get closer by saying mysterious/autistic things like "I have some stuff I have to take care of," or "Unfortunately tonight's not good, have someone I have to pay a visit." when in reality probably just jerking off and watching School Days
>Also rejected perfectly cute weird chicks because I figured, if I got into a relationship, the anime would be over. Thus, didn't lose my v card till 20

Attached: revenge.jpg (320x399, 17K)

>There's two kinds of nerds: the autists who can't deal with real life and use nerdshit as an escape, and the autists who watch nerdshit and are inspired to try and make it a reality.
I'm both, checkmate nerd

Not gonna make it if you aren't reading kengen asura

Don't think you're locked into one. You can change from the former to the latter, but remember once you've done that it can be easy to slip back

But I'm not locked into one? I'm both, that's what I just said. I live a principled, disciplined, successful life that absolutely doesn't compare to even the most banal of SoL. I've been spoiled by the excitement of anime characters' lives.

I'm The follow up after high school was rough. I realized any fighting skills I'd picked up where useless, delinquent/mysterious autistic loner doesn't really work after high school, and pretty much the only way to have a legitimately exciting life is to be a straight-up criminal.

I still lift weights and work a heavy bag, but my SoL days have come to an end for the most part, and I've also become a kind of mix of both. Now I'm a boring adult who uses dating apps, hasn't been in a fight in 5 years, and is working toward a mediocre future with mediocre goals. I still watch anime to get myself pumped up for lifes various challenges (whether physical, work, or romantic,) but it isn't quite the same.

Attached: 1510055917026.gif (540x501, 1.56M)

Fighting skills are still useful as a last resort, but I really can't afford to get into fights. Too many jobs require a background check.
I'm lucky enough that I got all of my delinquency out of the way while I was under 18.

I've always been on-the-narrow and have followed the "standard" path to becoming a successful adult. I'm not sure whether or not I envy you--on one hand, I've never had the opportunity to experience romance or adventure like in anime. On the other hand, I don't regret the decisions I've made to bring me where I am and I don't know how I'd feel living in the shadow of my former self in some ways.

>He doesn't lift so that he can be more like the heroes from his anime and manga

Attached: deku.jpg (602x602, 93K)

Quick, post the anime you're watching lately!:

>The Rising of The Shield Hero

Attached: nao.jpg (378x444, 40K)

I mean, I'm glad I can defend/stand up for myself, but fighting as an adult is extremely risky, both because of legal issues and because if you fuck with the wrong person you may actually end up dead. The fight at age 21 was a bar fight, guy was being an asshole, threw a punch. I didn't want any part of it, and haven't had any trouble since.

That aside, post-HS doesn't really lend itself to anime. If there's a person in my life who causes drama, I cut them out; not like I have to see them every day. People mostly have their shit figured out, and aren't awkward struggling teenagers who need help from an alpha autist.

Romance, while rewarding, is very, very boring. Not a ton of hormones going around, not many opportunities for "will they/won't they" or any of that bs, really no "but what if he/she doesn't like me?" Adults literally just go "hey, wanna get coffee sometime?" Simple.

Overall I'd say I'm better off now, but I can't say I don't miss it.

Attached: 1500573371409.jpg (843x1034, 61K)

Tien was the best character.

>About the only Z Fighter with any sense
>Never went full retard like every goddamn Saiyan and Krillin
>Had a psycho thot on his dick but hit her with the THOT-B-GONE to chill with his bro
>Jacked as all shit
>Would have saved the world, several newscasters, and Goku from Perfect Cell if Krillin wasn't a beta bitch.

Attached: ShipIt.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

>this
>sleepy to beast in 5min
>feel blessed afterward

Attached: hinomaru_zumou_7520.jpg (717x1000, 166K)

Ngl shit like the pic related scene always get me through a set when I'm struggling to finish

Attached: BreakablePhysicalKob-size_restricted.gif (435x250, 2.96M)

Anime makes me want to be superhuman and swole is the next best thing

this show is fucking BASED

Gurren Lagann is amazing. Fuck man. So much memories

rip kittan

Nigga, is that gurren laggan?
Fuck yeah.

Attached: 1535174113271.gif (320x162, 981K)

Been really getting into Fist of the North Star lately lads

Attached: 10A06DCA-4175-4F70-86F4-E42795C66883.jpg (741x1200, 352K)

maybe because the type of anime you're talking about it an obvious distillation of every lifter's internal spiritual structure?

>i do the hard things
>i make the mistakes
>i go mega mode and break the limit raaagh

fucking brainlets

Shield hero, Kemono Friends, and the quintuple harem anime.
Also just watched the camrip of Heaven's Feel: Lost Butterfly.

Attached: 1517466969466.jpg (3024x3024, 1.64M)

What part you at? It is one of my favorite shows

based idol poster.

Attached: 1517970908890.png (1528x1200, 948K)

anyone here because they were inspired by kengan asura

Attached: f006hwo.jpg (870x1233, 287K)

I just started reading the manga, it’s masculine as fuark and the drawing is super good

Attached: 9D0E0BF6-4FC5-4E90-84B9-1BD58F85D204.png (1536x2048, 2.74M)

Attached: DC1E6034-3A6F-4FCF-BBA3-F19833438A72.jpg (750x1083, 402K)

heh....

>cowboy bebop
>zombieland saga
>mob psycho s2
>kaguya sama
You want a list of the manga and anime I've consumed with suffering characters? Because that is one of the reasons i lift.

Attached: 1546304352906.png (1274x999, 1.1M)

Why isn't this show more talked about more often? I've seen a bunch of shows and this is in my top 5. It knows how to have fun

Attached: 1512412694_Kaoru_Hanayama.png (843x478, 437K)

Lifting for potatoes is a noble cause.
You're a good man.

>shounen is a gateway drug to anime not aimed at children.
*inhales*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

It is though. Fighting shonen is a gateway into anime. Most everyone started with shit like DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, etc. and then moved on to other genres. Although, most people who started with fighting shonen probably still watch fighting shonen along with those others genres.

Because your sample is skewed and Jow Forums has and always will be an anime board first and foremost.

Linear progression of power is central to the character plots of every masculine anime.

>Why do a surprising amount of weightlifters watch anime?

on Jow Forums or weightlifters in general? if you mean on Jow Forums, this is a website for anime discussion originally, so it still has influence over a lot of users. And weightlifters in general? well your average weightlifter is a normalfag, and normalfags watch anime too i guess. But i have seen a like 2-3 people with anime t-shirts- and or tanktops. But 2 of them were dbz normals and one tokyo ghoul.

not sure if bait but the guy meant to say that shounen is a gateway drug to anime which is not shounen, and therefore not aimed at children

i have a KLK tanktop, kinda like this one but senketsu's face is way lower

Attached: file.png (210x230, 57K)

seen both seasons of Kaiji and it's pretty fucking good, also started reading rising of the shield manga.

it's funny how hanayama was a fucking 13-14 year old in this form.

which manga?
Also
Kengan Asura
Though
Shoot Fighter Tekken.
KARATE SHOUKOUSHI KOHINATA MINORU
Evil Heart
Hajime no Ippo

You can't be both by definition. You either try to make it reality or you don't

This was me tho. It began with Naruto and spiraled into the mess that is moeblob and slice of shit.

Attached: 7927850.jpg (454x284, 28K)

God imagine fucking them through their pupils

i think everyone goes through that, my friend introduced me naruto, binged all episodes, started watching sao and aot and was totally hooked on anime.

>no mention of all rounder meguru
Come on faggots.

Is stando powa achievable natty?

Attached: star platinum.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

Nudist Beach is what /cbt/ would look like in real life

New chapter never ever.