Is 3x8-12 a meme? Should we be aiming for 4-5 sets instead?

is 3x8-12 a meme? Should we be aiming for 4-5 sets instead?

Attached: 114026_1525282624.png (399x524, 220K)

I do 3x5 on heavy compounds, 5x10 on isolation accessory stuff.

Hail Natty King!

5 X 5
X

30x1 masterrace reporting

I do 4x8-12

No its not. I was 130lbs back in september. Im now sitting at 160-ish lbs. I deadlift 315 and bench 185 for reps. Im still a twink but im making progress. 4x10 is the ultimate redpill. Although I do 5x5 on OHP and deadlifts sometimes

what does 8-12 mean? do you either go all the way up to 12 or stay at 8?

t. spends 2 hours in the gym unnecessarily

Start with 3 sets and add when you progress.

Kenny Bania does 3x10. He starts out with curls for the biceps. He went from a size 40 suit to a size 42. Guy's huge.

I do 4 sets and aim for 15-25 seconds of time under tension. I also drop set the last couple sets for intensity. The last couple reps I like to burn em out by letting the weight down slow then do a couple cheat reps if I can. Works good for biceps and shoulder excersizes. I usually end up doing 10 or so different excersizes for PPL. My strength is going through the roof.

as in a rep range somewhere between 8 and 12 which seems most common. Like 3x10

wouldn't you just add weight versus changing the structure of your exercise as you progress?

isn't that quite low for time under tension? I thought 45-60 seconds per set was more standard

Attached: a.jpg (181x278, 9K)

5x6 for OHP and bench
3x8 for back/abs

Do your 3 x 8-12 and then add on an extra set of however many reps you want with however much weight you want. It works because it’s the little bit of extra you need to get that little bit of extra you want.

The only thing that matters is that you don't do the same sets/reps every workout. Periodization is the only way you're going to get stronger.

The MOST important thing is intensity and consistency. If you are a natural the end result will be the same no matter what routine you do for the most part, and these guys that you see that have maxed out the genetic potential have done every single routine and set/rep combo under the sun. The reason they look the way they do is not because of a certain routine but because they train hard consistently

It depends
If 3x8-12 isn’t giving results, increase volume to 4 or 5 sets
Any more than that and I would spread the exercise across 2 workouts
Ideal frequency and volume change (I.e. increase) across your training career

I've been doing 4x12-15 on my shit lately. Pretty based.

I need to do some research on the time under tension thing but it seems to match the pace of about 10 reps on say curls, but you are supposed to squeeze at the top n stuff

thanks for the replies u guys aint so bad. We gonna make it lads

Attached: FACEPULL.png (782x693, 1014K)

8-12 is some body building stuff when you think about it, that's a 4 rep difference, think about training at a high intensity for sets of 8 versus high intensity for sets of 12, realistically you're not lifting the same amount of weight at a set of 8 as you would be for 12.

5 sets 5 reps, 1-2 minutes rest each plus accessories
I’m done in 40 minutes

post routine

Why isnt scott herman posted more on fit?

4x12 twice a week week one
4x8 twice a week week two
4x4 twice a week week three
of course increasing weight with every set

I know right?

Attached: Scott-11-1.jpg (386x500, 219K)

He's extremely short so his look is unachievable for average height male.

you're full of shit, unless you aren't doing 3 compound lifts

Who cares.

Attached: Scott Herman.jpg (583x874, 56K)

>wouldn't you just add weight versus changing the structure of your exercise as you progress?

That is one way of doing progressive overload. You can also add reps or sets or take shorter breaks between sets.

>2019
>not knowing about MEV, MAV & MRV
It's actually more about total sets per bodypart (more like muscle compartment) per week so it's 8-10 sets per bodypart per week for small muscles and 10-15 sets for large muscles, plus progressive overload as long as you hit the total volume it's ok: aim for 100-200 total reps per bodypart per week and 8-10 sets per bodypart per week, smaller muscles tend to recover faster so you could do 2 curl variations daily for 12-15 reps and get better gains than doing 3 curl variations in supersets of 20 and a last drop set to failure, now MRV has recently shown to be individual and in fact you can do as much volume as you want if you can actually recover from it but it would require roiding, eating and just pretty much training 2 daily, having naps in between sessions, caloric suprlus with emphasys on protons and 8 hour of sleep, strict aka olympic athlete lifestyle plus the wear to the body in the longterm is not yet defined