How come I keep seeing people on IG squatting with a very narrow stance? Is that a thing now? I see it a lot...

How come I keep seeing people on IG squatting with a very narrow stance? Is that a thing now? I see it a lot. They're getting decent depth and doing pretty decent weight as well.

Attached: PicsArt_02-11-11.21.28.jpg (1440x1556, 323K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All the people at my gym have been squatting lowbar recently, I have no idea of what is going on.

Why don't you lift?

braaaaapppppfftttt

>decent depth and decent weight
not in that pic

Maybe they have weird hips

I guess they want to walk like Ronnie Coleman when there 50.

SNIIIIIIFFFFF
MMM Quite repugnant my dear may I have another whiff?

No not in that pic. It was a video and I couldn't screen shot her at the bottom, but she did it.

PLBBBBTTTTTTT mmmm oooh yes that's magnificent

certainly.

pppppprrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttt

also wtf is that math on the plates lmao. As a burger I see shit like this all the time at my gym, retards will put a 10lb and a 35 lb on each side instead of just one 45. Now obviously that's more than I can squat so good for her but wtf am I just retarded?

ANhhA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH FUCCK AAAHhAN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I just really want to know what's up with this narrow stance shit I'm seeing.

Attached: PicsArt_02-11-11.38.10.jpg (1440x1711, 347K)

why don't you ask her faggot

that ass is yikes tier

I know....
but this is what women who lift weights and go ham on the whole high intensity masculanizing exercise thing does to their bodies.

>retards will put a 10lb and a 35 lb on each side instead of just one 45.
>Now obviously that's more than I can squat so good for her
>just one 45.
>more than I can squat
Din't worry, we're all gunna make it brah.
How much are you squatting and how long you been lifting?

BRraappappppp oh looks like it fizzled out, alright boys on to the next one

Wow, what an excellent addition to my cringe collection. I'd bet this one will fetch a good price at auction. Thank you OP.

Attached: what.jpg (720x715, 67K)

I'm not sure about the measurement meme but as of today I squat 195, so 150 without the bar weight. I've been lifting for about uh two-three weeks seriously. I was doing a basic full body routine for like two months till I started getting interested in the real stuff.

Depends but if depth is no rep tier it's more than likely broscience, the broscience rules for squatting are:
1) knees never should go past your toes
2) knees to hip angle should be 90 degrees but never more than 90 degrees or your knees will explode
3) stance width and depth works different muscles: quartersquatting narrow stance is for quads, quartersquatting wide stance is for hams and glutes
4) always do highreps quartersquats as heavy as you can even if you need a spotter to hug you and rub his crotch on your ass if you're female you'll more than likely will have a gym PT or somewhat fit gymrbo spotting you even for babyweights unless you're a fatass

It's a personal preference more than anything.

They look at meme fitchick on instagram and do the same shit as her

Attached: 1539408892120.jpg (680x649, 130K)

What the fuck?
In what world is one pl8 > 195?
1 pl8 = 135
Also, yes count the bar. Nobody neglects counting the bar.

Fuck was I b8ed
What the fuck is goin on

My nigga(s) I guess I didnt write my initial thing properly. I can squat 195 which is 1pl8 plus 25, however When I was doing the math for her pl8's it came out to like 245 if the euro bell is the same as the burger bell. Not trying to b8 anyone just trying to get my lingo in check. Still new to this.

What I meant was, was that the girl in the photo can squat more than me but I definitely squat more than 1pl8 even by just a little as of now. Twas just complaining about mathlets and their inability to perceive the fact that they are just taking up more plates from people.

I was assuming your example of one 35 + 10 being more than you can squat.

Women do this because they have weak hip abduction strength (or whatever it's called when you can't keep your knees out in a wide stance squat). Women also tend to have better hip range of motion than men, so they can get away with the narrow stance.

yeah no fuck that thats my bad.

t.a thankful user
godspeed brah

Love you bro

For those doing multiple sets with varying weight sometimes it is smarter to use a 25/35 and add 10's/25's than continually removing and replacing a 45.

It has to do with your hip anatomy for some people it is comfortable squatting narrow and for others wide.

I squat with a pretty narrow stance. A tiny bit wider than hip width, tho I have pretty wide hips. It's just most comfortable to me and I tried all kinds of stances and they don't make any difference in back position.
I don't even squat 2 plate tho because I took a few years off of lifting. Used to do 3 plate.

that is what an ass looks like when it's contracted and not showcased with awful posture

I do that as I start with 35 and warm up to 10.
More modular.
Also I have a faggot who moves the big plates to the other side of the gym for leg press.

super easy to get depth
can also get the most out of knee sleeves or wraps

Ill spot her

Attached: only_lift_worth_my_time.webm (720x720, 1.23M)

I squat narrow high bar. It's great for developing quads and athletic shit like increasing your vertical. I used to squat low bar with a wider stance but I just felt like I was using a form trick to lift more weight.

there's literally nothing wrong with narrow stance if it suits you

It depends on your hip anatomy, some people find narrower stances more comfortable.

Highbar hurts my knees. Narrow stance as well.

Got that wide cope stance... Is what it is until I can balance my quads and hamstrings better.

You have no idea what you're talking about you silly faggot

It's called squeezing your glutes to brace. You'd know it if you lifted weights.

I used to squat like this when I've come to the gym, then based boomers showed me the right way.

They have no balls.

Impressive forearms. My new wheyfu.

Attached: 7AF77B8D-7D16-4138-932A-1ED54D8717A4.jpg (1125x1266, 143K)

I squat better with a narrower stance, it helps me brace better somehow. I'm 6'1" and have pretty long legs, not sure if that factors into it at all.

>this is what girls have to look like to lift "heavy" (lol) weights
Just stick with cardio bunny and thot exercises please, for your own sake

>assuming you look like a Greek god so can talk down to anyone doing something they enjoy

What's it like to be an incel?

She looks awful
But that's okay, because she can lift relatively healthy weight. I mean it will lead to real memory loss problems later in life and uneccesaryly stresses her cardiovascular system and lowes her ability to reproduce and permanently alters her secondary sexual characteristics so that they are smaller and will never return to their former glory...

But at least she can squat relatively heavy weight.

I've personally always squatted with a narrow stance. It might be because there is slightly more vastus medialis oblique activation.

>195
>1p8 +25
>1p8 = 135
>135+50 =185

Only cheating yourself lil man

I just grab what plates are convenient and add up to the number I want. Sometimes I don't even bother to load the same ones on each side of the bar.

It's more natural to some people, sometimes because of deep hip sockets, sometimes because of flexibility. I squat pretty narrow and it feels natural, even when I was doing hot yoga daily, I wasn't comfortable squatting wide. I do think it's harder to squat well with a really narrow stance because of the knee travel required to achieve depth.

>assuming that picture was taken at the hole

Attached: Ray_Williams_415kg_Squat.webm (771x560, 1.14M)

You don't need to look like a Greek God to observe something and then comment on it you seething "power"fat heffer.

nice quartersquat, lower the weight until you can hit depth nigger.

>That dummy on the left spotting with his hand under the plates instead of the bar.
*SPLAT*

Correct squatting has always been a thing OP, you just probably are used to shit tier powerlifting squat stances
youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

go back to your containment board Jow Forums niggers

>hot yoga
>not knowing the obvious connection between narrower stance and higher flexibility required

Why are you a trip?

Typical Jow Forums poster

The lifter doesn't ditch the weight if he fails so that's not really a problem

I was specifically talking about abduction you fucking idiot

Also no, you don't need more flexibility for narrow stance besides ankle mobility

>you don't need more flexibility except you need more mobility

Cool man. Narrower also has greater ROM :^)

You're the retard. Sometimes you wanna start lighter and go up slowly and its less effort to just throw a 10 on than take off the 35 and put on a 45

Does more ROM mean more flexibility required? Does that mean close grip bench requires more ROM than max width?

>more ROM
More flexibility, rather

>2) knees to hip angle should be 90 degrees but never more than 90 degrees or your knees will explode
What does he mean by this

What are you trying to say here ?

I'm saying that more ROM doesn't equate to more required flexibility

Must suck being able to squat twice the weight of instabraphogs yet have the ass of a dyel skinnyfat

lower faggot

>Waaah, he disagreed with me so he has to be Jow Forums.
Fucking faggot.

Why are tripfags always retarded without fail.

Attached: 1458881754706.jpg (248x233, 9K)

fucking retard
those are not fucking Powerlifting Squats, those are equipped squats, heavy equipped at that. Those clothes literally prevent you from going deeper.

Attached: 1519144586106.png (406x452, 30K)

Fuck me. Like squatting an empty bar.

>taking off the 35 and replacing with 45 instead of just adding weight and lifting

>2019

Low bar is what the powerlifters, aka the obese kings of fitness, tell everyone to do. I do it high bar because that's what I did when starting out, is more comfortable and honestly feels a bit safer.

>stance width and depth works different muscles
Technicaly if you widestance, you're gonna recrut more adductor, so it's not THAT wrong

damn Jow Forums is dumb af. The width of your stance determines what muscles are hit harder. One of my favorite go tos for quad development is a narrow stance squat. It emphasizes quads a lot more than the traditional squat width. Careful with the amount of weight tho. Don't ego lift.

didnt know Seal Team 6 had female operators

>Is that a thing now? I see it a lot.
All women should be range banned from the gym.