Im interested in rock climbing, i plan on applying this week at gym nearby...

im interested in rock climbing, i plan on applying this week at gym nearby. ive only been lifting weights for about a year now and honestly im bored of it, its the same thing but your numbers increase. you guys have any tips to help me?

Attached: c700x420.jpg (700x420, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jC25FQoUQSY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My roommate competes in rock climbing and loves it. He has his climbing homies and has really found a clique to roll with. Seems like the best thing to do is find someone to near your level that you can compete with to help push yourself.

As for physique, climbing gets you ripped. You dont look too buff when clothes, but are definitely shredded.

Climbing doest get you ripped. Climbers are ripped because every pound ekstra on your body is a liabillity.

i know it can tone you out cause you get rid of unnecessary weight off your body. so id have to cut for a while i think
will probably try and make a friend at the gym to help push me

And because you are using large variety of muscles every time you take a route. Rock climbers are definitely buff, at least the ones I've met which are definitely higher tier. I'm just saying, I could easily beat my roommate in any feat of strength, but when it comes to practical strength and conditioning, he whoop my ass

It will definitely not be boring. If the gym has a social evening, go along. The climbing community is generally very friendly. People want to see you improve and will help you out.
In terms of technique, try climbing with lots of different people and pick up technique from them. Woman are good for this as they don't tend to have the raw power men have. They will think their way around the problem instead of using brute force. And they are pretty easy on the eyes as well.
Try and get someone to video you climbing so you can see what you are doing right and where you can improve.
Being friendly with instructors is useful. Listen to them about how to reduce the risk of injury, particularly with strength training. And stay away from hangboards until you have been climbing for a while. Too many people focus on strength when they train. Technique first, then grip, then power.
Good luck. And welcome to climbing.

thank you

You can't focus on technique if your hands can't grip the holds

getting stronger ( i'm talking grip strength) is the core of any progression you wanna make

debate me kunt

Lifting doesn’t translate to climbing skills, only strength. You’ll be able to easily do the first 3-4 levels of difficulty but then the muscle weight and lack of skill will definitely hurt you. You’re not going to get jacked but definitely ripped if you do it consistently and diet.
Be prepared to tear so skin off of your hands while doing the v3-v4 bouldering walls right off the bat (lower will bore you) without having built up the tough skin beforehand.

The community around it is great. Rock climbing gyms are the best places to meet women organically.

yea i figured my volume would be a problem since it just makes me heavier.

V3-V4 are very hard for a lifting beginner unless they're soft graded or fun dyno, small crimps starts on those levels and you just can't hold them without a few months of training

try it yourself for a while then find a trainer with a beginners group. you will most certainly spot them while you go there.
This way you will find new friends on your level and make some strong bonds (having to trust someone with your life does that).
You will also benefit from many many outdoor trips in actual rocks. Will be drunk a lot and get laid if you have any social skills.
Climbing is awesome, best part of my life

Attached: comment_eDEQtAqSIVadityv9ASS6LV2MAHDXLzO,w400.jpg (400x348, 23K)

I went straight to V3-V4, personally. I’m working on V5s after 2 months of going once every week or two. My grip strength is pretty good from two years of lifting.

Climbing/bouldering is based.

Will build your core like anything.

Tendons take a while to get stronger, and not overgripping is important as fuck

Any NYCfags want to shill their climbing gym? I can't decide which one in my area to sign up for

rock climbing is like an adult playground. it is awesome because you literally tune out everything while doing it.

Total focus. I find it calming because it blocks out all the runaway cascade thoughts that crowd everything out normally. And then the dopamine hit and endorphins when you finish a route are pretty good as well. I only sleep well after I've climbed to exhaustion point.

>Oh look! It's another daily rock climbing episode
Lurk moar faggot

seems like youre the only one complaining, thanks for the bump

>thanks for the bump
Jow Forums moves so slow that it means nothing. Have another one!

You're either incredibly gifted, or your gym grades soft.

Yeah rock climbing is getting shilled hard on this board recently

desu it looks like a lot of fun, I'd like to try it but the climbing centres nearest to me are a bit out of the way & I don't have a car. Also it seems complicated to sign up and shit, I don't really understand how membership works at these places. Also
>£40-£60 for induction then £10 per visit for members
With the distance I'd need to travel and the price there's no way I could justify doing this regularly

Attached: 1504886265771.jpg (945x1500, 114K)

theres a gym near me that charges like $40, and its just the monthly fee nothing else
its 20 minutes away too

>ive only been lifting weights for about a year now and honestly im bored of it

You're not going to make it.

Does baby need a widdle Zang zoom zoodle noise maker for his weights?

What if I told you the road to success wasn't necessarily entertaining?

Climbing gets you toned and sleek than buff. Climbers I've seen look like regular dudes in shape until they grip something then holy shit the arm quadruples in size.

Bouldering is hella fun and fit.

I've checked around and there are three that I could potentially visit, two are owned by the same company so same prices, and I live in a satellite town so all three locations are 45 mins - 1 hr away by public transport. Both companies also charge per visit instead of a monthly fee which would actually work for me since I probably couldn't go that often. I might sign up to one just for the lulz and see what it's like, it's just the travelling that's putting me off

Be super careful and stop as soon as you start getting tendon pain in your wrists or fingers. I went for the first time recently and thought I'd kill because I do weighed chin ups. I ended up pushing myself too hard and now have finger pain that almost keeps me from doing any kind of pull lift.

This.

The average lifter can probably jump right to V2-V3-soft V4 problems, simply using superior upper body strength. However your ligaments are not trained for this. The pinches, crimps, pockets, and unusual grips WILL result in a popped A2 pulley which will put you out of the gym for a long time if you don't carefully monitor for overtraining and build strength properly.
>T. Climber for 2 years who blew up his fingers in his first 2 months

>US grading

youtube.com/watch?v=jC25FQoUQSY

Jow Forums has daily threads dedicated to:
> Powerlifting
> Fasting
> Fat people trying to lose weight
> Fat person hate
> CBT
> Roids
> No GF

Why does climbing being mentioned often trigger you sunshine?

Fellow bong here, every climbing gym I've gone to has been a flat monthly fee and unlimited climbs