Scientifically based full body workout with high frequency and focus on compounds

>scientifically based full body workout with high frequency and focus on compounds
>quotes studies all the time
>person looks like dyel
>brosplit with focus on isolation
>has very limited knowledge of exercise science
>person looks jacked

Why is it so

Attached: 1437601344986.jpg (1200x1083, 326K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/volume-training-for-size-strength
bretcontreras.com/the-twin-experiment/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More volume, that's why

Because full body splits are memes

Because the guy doing the split is on steroids

full body is like Linux of fitness. No professional uses it for anything, yet some artists of Jow Forums praise it

Time under the bar.
There was an experiment, not really reliable, but 2 twins went one with SS and the other with a split. They got similar gains, the SS twin had more legs and maybe a bit less chest.
But they were training for the same amount of time.
5 years with a shitty split will beat a few months of full body.

This.
Dude works harder and probably has a background that built a base where he can put on more mass and understands how his body functions better.

Scientifically backed workouts are for men who don't know how to workout, understand their bodies, or how to go balls deep and hit it hard in the gym.

Ok, if full body is so effective why no professional natty uses it

Because most full body routines are designed to optimize the beginner growth that comes from CNS development. Beyond mid-intermediate levels of strength, full body has quickly diminishing returns, which is why people switch to some kind of split. The dude doing the brosplit has likely been lifting longer than the full body beginner, so naturally he will have more development

However I think it's better to start with FB and then see what are the parts that you struggle with, then split them from main training.

Just do upper/lower/rest x repeat and enjoy your gainz

Only thing preventing me from shifting to split is not being sure that I can workout all 6 days in a week.

That doesn't tell us anything.
What split was the twin on?

Most full body workouts are good for strength gains but volume is low frequency has more about recovery than anything if a muscle group can recover fast but cannot handle high volum you just hit it 1 or 2 times per day
>2019
>not doing 10-20 sets per muscle group in the 100-200 rep range as target for the week
>still not doing progressive overload as it's intended
>exrctn to get good results withut proper nutrition and rest
That's about it you work hard or it won't wor for you

Just do a 4-day UL split. 6-day is a meme

Because if you were actually smart enough to read good experiments you'd recognize that:

1. Lots of factors probably mean nothing in terms of gains as per experiments
2. Even if a study finds a certain statistically significant effect, it may not be an actually meaningful magnitude to justify being inconvenienced to do something
3. There's a substantial in-group variability, so that even if an effect is significant, a reasonable portion of people in your experimental group will respond worse than people in the control group.

Tldr; most experiments don't really show much of anything producing superior gains and differences are probably more than made up for simply by focusing on being diligent

This or ULxPPLx, everything else is a meme

The real reason?
The one who quotes studies all the time has been changing his routine as the wind changes direction and lost all consistency. Mr Brosplit has been doing the same shit for years.

For the majority of people on this board that aren't on /fraud/, /owg/, or /plg/ and just want to look better than they do now, the answer is getting to intermediate+ strength levels through a compound-centeric program and then swapping to whatever split (phul, ppl, whatever) you think you'll be the best at following consistently.

>brosplit with focus on isolation
>has very limited knowledge of exercise science
>person looks jacked
>why is it so

It's not. You're making an assumption by saying that. Post a few examples to show how that's actually a thing.

The official how to spot an idiot guide
>ppl
>CNS
>post body
>professional lifter
>X is natty/not natty
>lifts more than 4 days a week while not being on and having no hopes of joining a national weightlifting team
>thinks deadlifting is a back exercise
>thinks there's a difference between highbar and lowbar

Doing things with a religious furvor may produce better results than "only caring about exactly what can be measured"

Find a natural lifter that does that

Idiots like you shouldn't post

Many powerlifters do full body, Sheiko and Dietmar are well known full body programs

For now I do FB except I train back on off days bc I can train it at a calisthenics park nearby if for whatever reason I can't access to the gym. And also bc back muscles is what I struggle the most with so I give it a special day

>PHD in nutrition science; crazy permutation based diet and exercise, totally regimented lifestyle
>Short DYEL beta

>Practically retarded rock stacking bro focuses on isolation mind muscle connection. Eats chicken and rice and cheats with pizza and beer regularly, thinks working legs is gay
>Adonis like body, higher DL/squat and weighted chin than any nerd without ever training those movements.

Every time

>the answer is getting to intermediate+ strength levels through a compound-centeric program and then swapping to whatever split (phul, ppl, whatever) you think you'll be the best at following consistently.

That's actually wrong.
You start with calisthenics and basic aerobics
Then you move onto relatively high rep and relatively high weight with barbells machines and high strength calisthenics movements and moderate barbell use
Then you start incorporating heavy lifting with dumbbells, barbells, and if you want more advanced calisthenics movements.

Basically you should understand how your body reacts to certain resistance patterns and be able to program based on what you want out of your body energy levels and daily activity levels.

Compound movements with a barbell are actually the worst for building a base of athleticism and strength.
It allows for all sorts of imbalances and tiny fuckups in your form that can lead to big problems later on.

The first guy is natural and the second guy is on steroids.

80-20 rule

>all the greats of powerlifting did bro splits or trained a big lift once a week
>all the greats of natural or not natural bodybuilding did bro splits
meanwhile skinnyfats and chubby powerfats on youtube shill for full body MUH MUSCLE PROTEIN SYNTHESIS MUH PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD

fuck off with that shit already

>all the greats of natural bodybuilding did bro splits
>natural bodybuilding

No such thing. You're either trolling or an edgy newbie.

Come on, show me how your natural "brosplit" body looks like

>LE NO SUCH THING AS NATURAL COMPETITIVE LIFETRS/BODYBUILDERS XDD

Yeah, fuck off you little weasel.
How about you post your routine and your body with timestamps?
Everyone that matters has made 99-100% of their gains on bro split like workouts, stop fucking larping like you know what the fuck you're even talking about.

bump

What's wrong with PPLPPLx?

>Everybody that trains like a retard and gets injured and burns out before they're 30 does a split*
FTFY

Too much overall volume for a natty

It was SS vs BroSplit (4-5 way split, hitting main muscles once a week)

It was really good progress picture, timeframe was 5 months

BroSplit dude had bit more aesthetic upper body, full body dude had more Strenght in compound movements

Their starting point was the same and they were twins. The picture rolled around here in fit few years ago. It was good because it debunked this full body optimal science shit

>brosplit is better
There's reason SS is a meme

Attached: 1528046925322.png (602x572, 504K)

Is this a split or a full body? Also is it a body building routine?

Attached: 531bbb.png (950x1931, 102K)

I'm doing PPLPPLx on week 1 and PPLxULx on week 2. Doing PPLPPLx 2 weeks straight is too much.

t-nation.com/training/volume-training-for-size-strength

bump

Btw, here is the picture
Right did brosplit with dedicated arm day, so as previous user sad he got more arm hypertrophy

Attached: the-hodgetwins-profile-picture.jpg (850x994, 60K)

No it's not those guys.

Left looks better

>ss delusion

>thinking you can build big arms with 1-2 sets

I got up to a 325 bench and my arms were still small. It feels like arms to me need a lot of volume.

Those are just the hodgetwins

Wrong picture. Here is the one. Left did SS

Attached: DDqRbm3UQAA2tbs.jpg (1200x1005, 157K)

While the nerd was busy learning, Chad was building a lead in the gym

can someone post the fucking photo with twins

>Everyone that matters has made 99-100% of their gains on bro split like workouts
arnold started out with a full body split focused on compounds tho?

Wendlers shit version of 531 lacks in volume so he had to invent boring but big kek

Attached: 1544154066316.jpg (240x210, 6K)

>Compound movements with a barbell are actually the worst for building a base of athleticism and strength.
bro

it really does tho

t. weak skelly

>>natural bodybuilding
>No such thing.
There are literally tested federations.

Attached: 1529985403034.gif (415x415, 1.77M)

And steroid dot cum literally has pages dedicated to evading screenings

even usapl has 140 lbs dudes putting up 1500 totals, get real user.

actually the guy knows his shit but doesn't know how to write and people don't read for shit his programs
Basically 5/3/1 follows the soviet lifting principles he learnt from reading shit when he trained with Louie Simmons but since Wendler is a fucktard HS dropout he can't put it correctly on paper
>uses 70-90% of max to calculate a training max
>uses % of said TM to calculate lifts
>it's called 5/3/1 because the intended deload week is actually 5 reps at 80% 3 reps at 90% 1 rep at 100% TM
>advices at training main lifts 1 per week with additional supplemetary main lift as second tier
>advices 1 or 2 push/pull/leg/core exercises as accesories after main lifts are done
>never encourages not doing accesory work, just not overdoing it
>encourages to do light cardio after each training session, heavier cardio once or twice a week
>advices eating balanced and according to whatever the fuck your goal is
Problem is you have to read all the books to understand this, same as SS as a whole SS and SL 5x5 has lower volume than 531 once you actually do what Wendler says you have to do

I agree with everything except the highbar low bar squat. Highbar is more emphasis on quads and little hamstring activation whereas low bar hits your whole posterior chain. It's kind of like saying theres no difference between conventional pulling and sumo pulling.

I just finished doing a BBB Beefcake cycle @70% followed by BBS FSL for 7 weeks and I've added 25 lbs for lower and 15 lbs for upper. Pretty fucking crazy.

>Because if you were actually smart enough to read good experiments...

le Rick and Morty xDDDDD

Attached: 1522558250640.jpg (974x1494, 232K)

More specifically,
Upper strength
Lower strength
Rest
Upper hypertrophy
Lower hypertrophy
Rest and repeat

Only thing that adds more gains is Bulgarian style programming but I couldn't finish the second cycle Intensity and Volume in fact are actually impossible on this one without PEDs
>Daily Squats @ 70-90%, 1 measure day @ 110-115%, 9x3 sets
>Bench 1 day @70-90%, 1 @ 65%, 1 measure day @ 110-115%, 9x3 sets
>OHP 2x week @75%
>DL 1x week 10x1 70-115%
>accesory work made sessions around 3 hours long not counting warm up and recovery LISS
>Felt too beated up for conditioning
Never doing that again

It's almost like nerds have weakling nerd genetics or something

W-where are their rear delts??

simply genetics. thats why

ive seen dudes build their body on full body and on bro splits. its all genetics some guys dont have it in them doesnt matter how much they try. yes they will look better than before, they will be fit but you'll never look like you'll think you look.

this is the ultimate redpill

Attached: 1529265116800.jpg (400x400, 30K)

yeah but you're not supposed to do SS indefinitely.
If the SS dude after 5-6 months would have incorporated more bodybuilding workouts (lateral raises, face pulls, bicep curls and so on) at the end of the year SS twin would look better and also be stronger. while the brosplit twin wouldve gotten used to the workout and comes the theory of diminishing returns.

>>thinks deadlifting is a back exercise
Disagree with this.
But largely depends on your levers.

Attached: spinae erector muscles.jpg (290x174, 7K)

I think he means moreso for isolation when in reality deads hit your posterior and give you cobra like spinae erectors.

Attached: 1547922174385.jpg (1080x1183, 208K)

Steroids, I think you underestimate how many people use it.

Full body splits are usually designed by powerlifters training other powerlifters who will TOTALLY compete. They just wave away questions about aesthetics "yeah back squats really kill your quads," when anyone that's done a front squat can tell you it's a night and day difference. Full body is still the best for strength and starting out because of the recovery imo.

It all comes down to your goals anyway. No routine is going to steal your gains away.

I was trying to find it and all I got was this.
>bretcontreras.com/the-twin-experiment/
This basically says progressive overload + weighing more makes you stronger and bigger. Like no shit you can do that on any routine from 2 day full body to push/pull 6 days. "My arms are bigger heh, I also weigh 25lbs more" gee I wonder why your arms are bigger.

Your fault if you're doing 15 sets per exercise every day.

Most people want more upper body work. The most popular upper/lower (PHUL) was designed by a guy who was unhappy with his leg development.

If your schedule isn't entirely fluid you could try PPLx and forget about making it rigidly fit in a week. Whatever works best for you.
>tfw thinking about how much easier things would be if a week was 8 days

Anyone that screams about routines have no idea what they're talking about. The only autistic thing about PPL is 6 days in the gym, nothing to do with the muscle groupings except maybe.

I've seen this before, it reminds me of PHUL.

Question: Is hypertrophy day the same as strength day but only with less weights and more repetitions?

Or is it a completely different set of exercises?

>being this much of a brainlet about Linux

Attached: 1545256824897.jpg (326x294, 12K)

Because the bros were right all along. Isolation movements and high volume are valuable in any person's training program.
The only reason to do a minimalist approach is if you don't have time to do higher volume.

mother

Attached: 1541558411986.png (1066x600, 435K)

You can have as much knowledge as you want but if you're too much of a bitch to workout hard you're never gonna make it.

Who else itt wants to huff her farts?

>ppl
Why, what would you recommend?

Well i dont know what to do. This thread is too confusing.

I'll just keep doing the same full body compounds i do every week.

based and brap pilled

Attached: 1541559517414.jpg (645x773, 17K)

Partly because of genetics.
Most people, when they enter a gym are likely to start with a brosplit high volume routine. This is for a number of reasons: it can be more rewarding in the short term as most people incorrectly associate pain with gain. Secondly larger compound movements can be intimidating for the weak minded inexperienced beginner see
And other posters that argue against perfectly safe and effective movements like deadlift and squats. Thirdly, because the fitness industry encourages us to train muscles in isolation, and non lifter ideas of gym culture are often based around a fear of 'leg day' and reverence for 'chest day'.
While a full-body routine will probably benefit the beginner in the long run more than a brosplit, largely due to strength increase,it is possible for a beginner with reasonable genetics and solid recovery to make progress on a brosplit. And if they do make progress, they are likely to stick with the bro split. Alternatively the lifter with poor genetics, following the failure of the brosplit to produce satisfactory results, is more likely to research fitness more heavily. However, they must always contend with subpar genetics and so will still struggle to make progress.

In addition, for personal trainers and fitness personalities who tend to be good looking (and on roids) it is easiest to sell a bro split to their clients than a full body workout for the above mentioned reasons.

Finally, since it is possible to make progress on roids with virtually any program, roiders often use brosplits for the reasons above. Though to take them in the first place it requires some balls (metaphorically, not literally obviously) which may contribute to the impression you get.

Tldr: Because of a cocktail of steroids, genetics, misinformation and fear

>Tldr: Because of a cocktail of steroids, genetics, misinformation and fear
Which of course some up Jow Forumsquite nicely

well crafted

Attached: 1544637603676.png (334x377, 132K)

That's just what most normies do. The ones with the above average genetics are the ones you notice. The vast majority of brosplitters don't even look like they lift

>Nerd gets into lifting in his early 20's
>Attacks the problem like a nerd, quickly accumulates a lot of knowledge from good sources
>Still hasn't been at it for long though

vs

>normie student-athlete does athlete things for 1-3 hours every day
>occasionally supplements normal activity with random high-volume lifting
>has been doing this since freshman year of high school

Throw in the occasional random gymbrah juicer to throw more gears in the works and it's not hard to imagine how these things can play out.

Lifting only works if you're being a bit dumb about it, when you're smart and overthinking it you tend to switch program all the time. Gymbros will usually just go to the gym lift as much as they can, and get big.

I can't stick to a program and I've been DYEL for years.

based

Those wierd thigh muscles make her ass look wierd

Oh god, you're stupid.

If you were remotely involved in bodybuilding you'd know you're talking shit. There's tons of guys I know who look roided but who I know for a fact are natty, and plenty guys who have told me they're roiding who look 'natty'. Are there roiders in natty BB? You betcha. But it's NOT the norm - the roiders usually go pro, get injured or get found out.

I'm doing PPxPPL, 2 and a half weeks in rn and everything is fine desu

Attached: 1532989331849.png (600x536, 253K)

NON NEGOTIABLE

>No professionals use linux

t. 35 iq lifterman

he looked like shit while on fullbody though

RHEL has a massive chunk of server OS marketshare, dipshit.

Pretty spot on no-bait post, wew

You forgot to include a reference insulting Jow Forums and "incels"