So now that the dust settled, what really builds muscle for newbies, PPL or full body split?

So now that the dust settled, what really builds muscle for newbies, PPL or full body split?

Attached: C2322B19-72D9-45D9-8427-DE8C253FE9CA.jpg (1235x846, 317K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29324578/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Inb4 all the fat fucks on fit say full body

Unironically SS/SL

Read the sticky

Depends on the individual, there is no one single human being with the same genetic make up as another person (outside of twins). Whatever sounds the best to someone is probably the best for them. After 10+ years of lifting you'll pretty much hit your limit for growth I'd you follow good programing.

Literally anything.... newbie gains are so easy.

SS

I dont care

eating food you cucks

Going to the gym and working hard faggot

PPL is probably a safe bet

Full-Body
>3 days per week = 10/10
>Strength potential = 10/10
>Effectiveness = 10/10
>Efficiency = 10/10
>Muscle potential for Natural lifter = 10/10

PPL
>6 days per week = 5/10
>Strength potential = 5/10
>Effectiveness = 10/10
>Efficiency = 5/10
>Muscle potential for Natural lifter = 10/10

Thats the difference between FB and PPL

Everyone pretty much agrees that if you’re completely novice mode. 3 day full body is optimal.
PPL will also get you gains very quickly but it’s overkill
Start with 3 day full body, then do a 4 day U/L split, then go to PPLPPLx if that’s what you want

After lots of research through both trial and error and looking at studies a full body split 3 days a week with low reps is unironically ideal. Starting strength or StrongLifts is actually great. The problem is that generally the people following these programs only care about strength and end up eating much more than needed resulting in these horrible starting strength physiques.

thanks for backing that up with solid facts

moron/10

Unironically a standard full body like SS, 5x5, and Greyskull

It's been proven that the two groups, one training three times a week and one 6 times a week with equal volume, the group with higher frequency had twice the results of the other group and this was on trained individuals.

I'm doing Greyskull because i'm 150lbs and need to gain weight at 5'11

After that I might switch, who knows

This.

Is PPLxPPx to infinity the best workout program ever assuming you are sticking to basic compound lifts like pendlays, bench, and OHP?

Going to the gym and doing shit while eating a lot of food WILL build muscle for newbies.

Then again, newbies wont do this because they think something is wrong if they arent the biggest guy there within 2 weeks.

i love you, stock photo butt girl, pls be my gf

broof a doodle doo

literally anything works for new lifters

Been working out for 3 years. Had way better gain sdoing PPL.

Please cite the study you're referring to.

I've read the exact opposite:
"The primary finding was that 6 weeks of resistance training led to significant increases in maximal strength and FFM. In addition, it seems that increased training frequency does not lead to additional strength improvements when volume and intensity are equated. High-frequency (6× per week) resistance training does not seem to offer additional strength and hypertrophy benefits over lower frequency (3× per week) when volume and intensity are equated. "

Source: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29324578/

Dont skil leg day faggot. Nobody cares about how your t shirt fits.

Attached: 20131110__20131111_A1_CDXXPDENSMELLOMETERp1.jpg (620x357, 20K)

Hyperplasia - New muscle fibers

Hypertrophy - larger muscle fibers.

What types of gains are you trying to achieve?

They did studies of tribal people and they had far more muscle fibers than a standard 1st world man, but they all looked tiny as shit.

This is why people always complain they aren't seeing gains in strength training programs or that powerlifters look like shit.

I'd say SS is good to get you started and possible split your muscle fibers prior to a more bro split volume heavy program which will then grow those new fibers.

The best program is one that safely and enjoyably makes you look better and feel stronger. Balance is key. Switch back and forth, cycle between lifting heavy and lifting volume.

Start with calisthenics
Then move onto a true full body workout routine with bodybuilder type numbers.

Strength training and mass building is for when you already have a base of basic fitness and athleticism.

>Do full body until 1/2/3/4
>Swap to ppl
>Keep making strength and aesthetic gains
There you go.

>when volume and intensity are equated.

They don't really understand the study.
Hell they don't know that it says that you can train less and get more gains with the 6 times a week training style.

>when volume and intensity are equated.
Which means, practically, the more you lift the bigger you get. And as you have finite time and endurance a day, practically we'd see more gains in those who lift more frequently

Full body seems superior from my experience.

Consensus is eggs