Running thread

We all hate running, Jow Forums, if you say you don't you're lying

Post tips, mileage per day/week, etc etc

Here's my problem, Jow Forums. I'm not a fatbody, I just despise running. My fastest 3 mile though was about 25:15. I hate it with a passion, but I usually run about 2 miles minimum a day. Today I ran about 1.75 miles with a flak vest on. How do I improve my running, Jow Forums? I'm 6'4 and roughly 210 lbs, I used to be at the gym once or twice a day minimum, my weight isn't pure body fat. I enlisted in the corps in may of last year and graduated in august 2018, but I fractured my ankle and from aug. 2018 to dec. 13 roughly of 2018 I did no running whatsoever, and now (higher altitude, but still) my running is ass. It takes me WAY too long to run my PFT (3 miles). It's actually an extra 1/4 mile or so but there's no way I can be THIS slow. I can run the entire thing without stopping, but I can't seem to get myself faster. How do you learn to love it?

Attached: B25K 620.jpg (620x349, 49K)

put one foot in front of the other how retarded are you

that's no problem tho, its the speed of which you put one foot in front of the other that sucks

It’s all about keeping a pace to maintain a reasonable elevated heart rate. Stay above 160bpm and below 185bpm. Whatever pace that is, make that your starting running pace. If running sucks for you, you’re not doing it right. Adjust your form by watching YouTube videos and find what your real pace should be. You’ll be able to slowly increase your pace as you notice your heart not having as hard of a time anymore. If you have to take breaks, you’re going too fast. Your pace should be continuous.

I started out running a 5k in 30 mins and have it down almost to 20 mins now.

Probably the best advice I've gotten. Is there a way to estimated bpm without a device for it? Would possibly help for my pft (which is a 5k)

Running does suck but you're big and have a previous injury so it probably sucks more for you. Your stats are kind of similar to mine but I have what is more akin to a runner's body so its sad that I suck. I have noticed I can tolerate long slow paced runs for very long distance pretty easily (when I ran more often) but the PFT still fucked me. You will need to focus less on distance day to day and more on intervals when running. Do fartlek like you probably have done in training where you treat running like an anaerobic exercise and do sets of 75-80% effort for a set period of time or set distance and then jog inbetween. That is about the only thing that improved my times. Advice from the "hurr durr just run faster fgt" crowd isn't great. Also, if you have a hill nearby do hill sprints up that if it doesn't fuck up your ankle (sprint up, walk down). Do atleast one longer day a week for running is at 3 mi or beyond it (4-5).

This is also good but you need a HR monitor. I bought an ancient garmin gps watch to monitor this and it helps me with the coming to jesus moment that my resting HR is -awful-. Also, fucking hydrate man.

Surprisingly enough, my ankle doesn’t bug me anymore. The other one has been kinda bugging me lately and I noticed slight swelling so I should probably get it checked, but I suspect it’s got something to do with my running shoes. Side note, shin splints suck. Experienced them for the first time couple weeks ago.

How to pick better running shoes Jow Forums?

I've been running again over the past few months for the first time since high school. I've got my 5k time down to 23:47. My goal is to get under 20 minutes.

> ankle swelling
Do you land on the heel or the front foot? Be honest.

Been running for a little more than a month. On one of the trainings I slipped on ice. I didn't feel like it was a big deal, just a slight discomfort from the side of the ankle.
Afer that I've been running two more days and on the second day runing became painful to a point that I started to limp.
Two weeks later and I still limp.
I wonder why I did not feel a thing the moment I slipped and instead the pain became strong days later.
I want to return to running but it just can't heal already. How long does it usually takes for ligamentus to heal?

Consider running faster for set period of time or distance. Not neckbreaking sprint, just fast enough that your "normal" running speed feels like you're resting a bit.

I love running you stupid fuck. Go kill yourself for being so fucking retarded you fat piece of shit.

Get a device. I bought mines from ebay for $40. Pic related.

Attached: file.png (375x500, 148K)

Mines swells up after 2 miles on my first 5k of the day. I land on heel. Also, the ankle doesn't swell on my return home (extra 5k).

What should I do?

Still awkwardly slow and struggling at 5k, but at least I'm not out of breath doing everyday stuff.

>mfw suffer from flat feet which fucks up my running and causes me leg pains
>tfw now gonna have to shell out money for decent support

Attached: 062.jpg (603x550, 29K)

I've been doing running since the summer and typically would run 6k twice a week or so. I recently started Muay Thai and have been doing kicks higher than I am used to. I could feel the stretch of the kicks last tuesday, but 15 minutes into my run on wednesday i felt something go in my right hip.

Spoke to the doctor who's advised that i've strained something, likely a hip flexor. Does anyone have experience with this sort of injury? I'd like to get back into action as soon as possibly, but not jump in before i'm healed and create a recurring problem.

Don't fuck around with connective tissue injury. Give it adequate rest because if you aggravate it you will be FUCKEN regretting it for months.

Attached: 1550006796463.jpg (720x714, 76K)

It's hard to describe, but if you do a mile at different speeds you'll get a feel for it. Running becomes more difficult when your going too fast, but also when you're going too slow.
When I'm going too fast, I start to run out of breath. When I'm going too slow, I feel like I'm wasting energy on vertical movement.

>suffer from flat feet
Did you try fasting?

Are you me? Same stats, same Corps, same speed. The only thing I’ve found helping me is sprint/running intervals and more squats.