Yo my dudes i keep pulling my back out on deadlifts... people at the gym say my form looks fine

yo my dudes i keep pulling my back out on deadlifts... people at the gym say my form looks fine.

what gives?

Attached: 342342342342.jpg (1078x1214, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oiDczs9j75E
vocaroo.com/i/s0FXZXv7l8Nk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post a video of yourself

no way man... posting a video of yourself on Jow Forums is something only maniacs do

i know this makes helping me almost impossible, but i'm just throwing this thread out there in case there's something obvious i haven't thought about

it's my lower back and it's always in the same area

i can even feel it when moving plates... in fact, it's at its worse when i'm loading up the bar

Attached: 24342342.jpg (640x798, 102K)

>you're not bracing
>you're abs aren't strong enough to support your lower back
>you're not using your lats enough

you warming up at all?

youtube.com/watch?v=oiDczs9j75E

sort of tired linking it
someone put that shit into sticky

Definitely warming up.

Thanks man, I'll watch this right away.

Attached: 432424.jpg (1024x1280, 295K)

imagine your nose pressed *directly* against their shit holes, just primed for the biggest inhale you'll have all week.

Attached: 1520110657673.jpg (705x1024, 111K)

haha shit holes thats a good one gunna add that to my brap word bank

so this video was good but it didn't tell me much

or maybe i'm just a dumbshit who can't follow directions

i feel like i do everything he mentions... maybe i don't swoop my hips in fast enough?

Attached: 432423432.jpg (1024x1280, 289K)

Deload. Work core more.

I had this problem too. I deloaded, worked on form, got a decent PT to give me feedback, read SS again. I did fucking everything. And I still fucked my discs. If you are fucking your back doing deadlifts just stop doing them. They're a good exercise but not worth fucking your back over for. Not by a long shot.

Since i started incorporating more direct ab work and glute work i have yet to hurt my back, and it´s been almost a year. Whilst squatting and pulling high frequency

this

Definitely deload and work on your form. What really helped my form was reading Greyskull LP, where JP gives the advice that you should get into the DL position, then lean a bit back to the point where you would lose balance and fall backwards, and in this point you snag the barbell off the ground. I know it sounds weird, but I tried it, and it works

Try neutral grip dumbbell squats instead
No snap city

Attached: NasalRanger_in_field.jpg (360x340, 26K)

exactly my experience after years of heavy squats and dl. Also stop sooner than later, i was too stubborn and my back is never free of pain now, there are only better days. You can still be fit without them, infact they are overrated in terms of bodybuilding. Only worth doing if you wanna compete in powerlifting

Without seeing a video I'm going to assume it is either weak abs or weak hams. Do ab work and work on posterior chain.

It might not be your dl at all but your squat that's actually messing your lower back up. Do you keep a neutral spine all the way to the bottom of your squat?
Deadlift should feel more like a hinge at the hips than a pull with the back.

Attached: C729BA4.jpg (1080x1080, 99K)

>ignoring the only post here that tells you what you're doing wrong

Good luck with that wheelchair, OP.

What were your best lifts?

Attached: 7A0DAF0D-DE19-4EBF-BACD-E94A96C135F0.gif (200x150, 1.11M)

user, I get the feel you didn't start the thread to talk about deadlifting

vocaroo.com/i/s0FXZXv7l8Nk

*bzzzt* wrong
You want whole-foot pressure.
If sitting far back helps, you either need to lower your hips (not likely), activate your lats more and stiff-arm the bar towards you or warm up your hamstrings and glutes more beforehand, IMO

Philion is that you?

He didnt say anything about pushing from heels though

3point contact with floor is important but he didnt say you arent supposed to do that.

T. Leans back during setup on deadlift, pulls 5plate

Rest. Do some mobility drills. Strengthen your core (research bracing properly, Chris Duffin has good vids), hamstrings, and make sure glutes are firing properly

Work core and back. Breath with your belly and brace hard.

The second > discredits everything he says