I'm seeking to look better and don't give a shit aboutt my lifts...

i'm seeking to look better and don't give a shit aboutt my lifts, why would i want to do a sqautting and deadlift program

has he actually provided any evidence his routine is the best for novices who want aesthetics

Attached: ripple.jpg (909x1200, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/15386-zach-update.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just do SS for 3 month to learn the basics and move on you mongol
Even if you do a stupid bro split you will not have big mooscles in only 3 months, but the strength gain you can make in 3 month is legit

>has he actually provided any evidence his routine is the best for novices who want aesthetics

No, and has never pretended to. It’s a strength program, and a pretty good one AS LONG AS you don’t try to artificially extend it by eating more and repeated deloads. As soon as linear progression stops you should switch to barbell medicine’s stuff, which are actually focused on hypertrophy and is run by guys who, I think you’ll agree, are considerably more “aesthetic” than Rip is.

Attached: 2838D3C8-B024-4F53-90C1-CE651F27E850.png (926x1138, 405K)

Rackpulls can replace deadlifts for bodybuilding, but I would still do squats for leg gains, or at least lunges

Supplement his routine with isolations for higher reps

Do a strenght program first like ss then do a program with volume , if you dont have any basic strenght you are not gonna be able to get alot out of a volume program

Do SL/SS/some sort of LP for no longer than 3 months on a calorie deficit then switch to something else for isolation/looks.

Do you have any link to their programs?
I went from SS to ws4sb 3 and I'm making OK gains, and gaining a bit of strength aswell

Nope. Honestly I say this as a competing raw powerlifter if you just want aesthetics do a standard bro split and some cardio (football/scoccer or boxing are ideal), eat as required to get to your ideal weight/bodyfat (low fat, lots of chicken breast, rice, green veggies is perfect), get a decent haircut. You will have that 20something chad look in about 3 months tops.

After doing it for 5 years I love the meme supposedly science backed stuff like barbell strength training, powerlifting, hiit or bjj for cardio/conditioning, low carb/keto/paleo. But it doesn't give you the look that gets young thots wet at all. At best you get random other dudes complimenting your size and asking your bench.

Meanwhile my bros who did as described in the first paragraph bro splits, soccer or boxing, 90s style low fat diets to get Jow Forums are literally swimming in pussy.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-01-05-at-6.26.32-PM-min.jpg (617x349, 38K)

dont listen to the geeks on here tellling u to do deadlifts and squats. You're gunna end up with back problems and nerve injuries. Like right now, I have pain all over my body/neck hands/ fingers lower back. Been at this shit for 6 years now. Perfect form and everything. Every powerlifter ends up injured. Just look at every fitness youtuber that focused on heavy squats and deadlifts. Take care of your body man. Find a 6 day a week push pull legs routine that enables you to go hard in the first half and then lighter in the second half of the week. Don't be like these geeks on here talking about squats and deadlifts. They only do them because they think it makes them hardcore. You don't wanna be like that bro. Also throw in some facepulls and side laterals. You could go a lot heavier with sider laterals and facepulls then u think. So work on getting those shits to really high weights. You could pretty much strict curl 90lb dumbbells for reps and side lateral 70's 80's if u work on it for years. That's how u end up with boulder shoulders and big guns for the huns. Make sure ur forms good on rows and bench press. Like get it down to a science bro. Don't go under 5 reps like some weirdo trying to impress everyone. It's weird. don't do it.

startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/15386-zach-update.html

he claimed that 'zach' gained 30lb of muscle in 3 months doing SS - gains at a rate 5x higher than you would expect for any other noob

he's regularly said all lifters should do SS, even if they want aesthetics

constant pain bro. Shit feels dibilitating. Like I'm built like a truck but I have to stretch and shit to feel even halfway mobile. I hate the thought of having to get in a fight with such shitty mobility. My balance is off too. fk man. sht.

based

thanks bros, i knew this meme was a fraud. how the fuck haven't people realized yet

Of course it's bullshit. That guy is 25%bf and he has gained 7lbs of muscle at most which he would get on any program.

SS is shit for aesthetics lmao

It can be made somewhat workable if you add in your own isos at the end of his programmed stuff though

so rippletits is literally a liar and a con artist

this 'case study' is the foundation of every retard's claims on here about magic sqaut and dead power

What are your lifts currently? If you're moving bitch weights (1/2/3/4 is a good metric but it depends on your body) then you'll never look aesthetic, because you're just straight up not working hard enough
Do SS or something similar if your lifts are deficient before doing a split

do whatever you like but for the love of good you better train your upper body more than your lower body or you will look like shit

>will a program designed to last 3-6 months make me aesthetic?

No program will make you aesthetic in 6 months you dipshit. But at least you'll be strong and will know how to move a weight around by the end.

Then do whatever the fuck you want.

are you actually recommending this garbage to total beginners who just wanna look good?
get the fuck out of this place please
there is ZERO benefit in doing subtopimal shit boring af routine as a beginner compared to a routine that will make you look good

why the fuck do i have to waste 6 months getting fat and looking like a dickhead in the gym when i could get abs in time for summer

it's funny that people who don't even know 1/2/3/4 is a meme are giving other people serious advice

>OP solicits opinions
>overwhelming feedback disagreeing with OP
>2 dyels agree with OP
>"See I knew I was right!"

t. SSfag upset that his braindead opinion is irrelevant

>me no wanna do deadlift and squats i dun wanna b big muscle man just look good

look dumbass, the reason these exercises are important is twofold. one, compound exercises work a shit ton of different muscle groups at the same time, allowing you to work out a lot of muscles at once instead of having to go on some gay ass machine and take 5x as long to hit all the same muscles you would've hit just doing a squat or a deadlift.

secondly, you aren't going to make any meaningful gains if you are a weak bitch. squats and deadlifts are fucking fantastic at building your overall strength, how do you expect to be ripped if you aren't going to get stronger along the way? you'll just get skinny and stagnate.

stop making excuses. these exercises are important. the only reason you dont want to do them is because you are afraid you are going to hurt yourself. invest a couple hundred bucks into a personal trainer if you are that worried so they can watch your form and give you tips. it's a great investment on your health that'll be extremely beneficial to you down the line.

Biggest guys in my gym aren't doing those exercises. Incels like pic related are the only ones doing them and everyone is making fun of them.

Attached: 1548539930535.jpg (256x386, 32K)

Two people spend a total of 1 year working out.
One starts on a bro-split from the beginning, lifting baby weights for high rep ranges and adds weight at a pathetically slow pace.
The other does SS for 3-6 months, then moves onto the bro split, only using much heavier weights thanks to his new strength.

The latter will infinitely better.

SS does not make you fat. Food makes you fat.

But honestly do whatever the fuck you want, come back in 6 months and complain about being a hard gainer with bad genetics.

It's a meme, but it's also nice even numbers to work towards if you're deficient in strength

All this bullshit aside, you simply don't know what works for you yet. Here's what you do:

> pick a routine
> do it to the letter for 1 year
> make sure your diet and all that other shit is on point

Did you see the results you wanted to?

> Yes!
Great! Stick with it!

>No!
Great! Now you know what doesn't work for you, so switch to something else.

Bodybuilders have all achieved their physiques with different routines and methods (steroids aside). Some are there 6 days a week, twice per day doing isolation shit. Others go 4 times per week, do heavy compounds for 45 minutes and leave. What they know is what works for THEIR body and as a beginner/novice you simply have no clue because you've never done it before.

If there was a magic routine that worked for everyone and achieved optimal results for everyone, guess what? The fitness community collectively would have dropped all the other shit and started doing said magic routine and there would be zero argument or discussion.

I fell for the SS meme when I started back in 2012 because jacked people told me to

In retrospect it probably didn't matter a ton because the difference between a beginner doing SS and a beginner doing a PERFECTLY OPTIMAL BBING SPLIT isn't gonna be big, but I definitely noticed I looked better when I added in some secondaries and isos at the end of rip's stuff. I wound up running it 6 on 1 off with added exercises and it was much better, but I was a weak teenager at the time and had basically infinite recovery. I could never get away with half that rep-volume now, you might be able to though if you're young and the weights you're lifting aren't heavy enough to fuck you up yet.

Attached: IMG_20180316_175727.jpg (3024x3025, 1.69M)

If you don't care about strength, just do volume. You can incorporate volume in squats and OHP. Any standard weight training routine on the internet will likely suffice. Key with volume is to make sure the last few of the 12-15 reps are hard.

Just do yourself a favor and don't skip legs. There's always a handful of guys with huge torsos and basketball shorts to cover their tiny legs. Don't be those guys.

This guy is right.

The 'fitness community' has agreed on that routine and they did it about 40 years ago. It hasn't changed since.

in what way is it a meme? 1/2/3/4 is not very disproportionate and is achievable for everyone so I don't understand

The only people that do le big compounds here while looking good are literal steroid addicts, every one else makes the same fucking gains regardless of training program and equipment and exercise variation.

When will YOU RETARDS LEARN
t. retard
there are guys making more gains than you while in prison without any free weights
>squats and deadlifts are fucking fantastic at building your overall strength
define " overall strength", strength is very specific and skill based
>squat or a deadlift are fucking fantastic and if you don't do them you are gonna need to use machines that take 5x as long to hit all the same muscles
leg press and back extensions dumbass
don't even try to tell me now that deadlifts are great for any other muscle group besides hamstrings and that squats are great for any other muscle group besides quads.
there is also no requirement ot even train your lower body and load your spne to make upper body gains which is what actually makes you look good.
Fuck off with your BRAINDEAD larping online bodybuilding knowledge.

>deadlifts are only good for hamstrings

This is weak bait

>has he actually provided any evidence his routine is the best for novices who want aesthetics

Attached: 1356523037343.jpg (355x495, 106K)

>The only people that do le big compounds here while looking good are literal steroid addicts
>every one else makes the same fucking gains regardless of training program and equipment and exercise variation.
Doesn't make sence

>It's a meme because I dont have it

literally nothing you just posted even matters or is in any way relevant to the conversation, you can do the same to argue for the opposite position you have.
There is ZERO requirement for a program such as SS to make gains, ZERO, it's not essential or even benefitial in any way.
SS will make your legs bigger than the typical brosplit but that's because you are training your legs more than ANY other bodypart, that's the only reason why.
Doesn't even matter if one is lifting baby weights what matters is doing enough work on any given session.
>SS does not make you fat
but it makes you look worse lmao, your legs are gonna blow up and your upper body is gonna stall and you're gonna look fat by virtue of having big legs but a tiny upper body

A quick Google search shows that you're wrong. Hundreds if not thousands of fitness gurus have made their money on the basis of, "everything you've been told before is wrong, try my way!" So it's not settled.

To continue my point, any routine a beginner picks will give them improved results. ANYTHING is better than sitting on the couch for an entire year. It doesn't matter if you do SS or Zyzz's brosplit or Lyle McDonald's bulking routine...you will look better and be stronger this time next year if you start today. Will you look like an Abercrombie? Maybe, but most likely not. You will look like a better version of yourself though.

He's just a dumbass that most likely doesn't even lift.
Your rambling would hold much more credibility if you posted body bro. The way I see it, the advantage of squats&deadlifts is that you're not forced to do a quadrillion exercises to work your lower body. If you want to claim that you can replace each of those with just one exercise you're plain dumb m80.

I said GREAT for hamstrings, which is true, deadlifts aren't great for any back muscle or even the glutes, they are just "ok" for them.
There are far better exercises for those muscle groups as shown by anecodte and EMG data.
the only people that focus on le big compounds and preach them on every turn while looking good are on steroids
You are gonna make the same gains as long as you train your muscles hard enough, you can't do that with le big compound focused strength programs like SS.

Hope that makes sense now.

I was very very small when I started though, so the weights I was using were effectively impossible to overtrain with. If you can lift respectable amounts already do not do this

And I'm not saying you won't be better off running an iso based split from the gates, I just never tried it myself so I can't say. All I know is that the changes above made SS a better routine for me. Nearly every beginner I've ever met has done some sort of full body thing with compounds when they started so I can't even anecdotally say whether I've seen a starting bb split work well, I do know a handful who started with 4 or 5 day splits but they were mostly shitheads who didn't diet well enough for any routine to give results

99% of the people that post body in this board are larpers and juicers, I fell for the same bullshit you are preaching for several years straight, it does not fucking work and it's not helping anyone.
Stop fucking preaching shit that doesn't work dumbass.
>The way I see it, the advantage of squats&deadlifts is that you're not forced to do a quadrillion exercises to work your lower body.
Except there is 0 advantage, you're still dong 2 lifts to train the lower body, whereas yo ucan do the same fucking thing with leg presses and back extensions which are arguably safer to do too and optimal for people who don't have perfect anatomy and leverages for squatting/deadlifting.

/thread
Your gym is terrible then.
It must physically hurt to be this uneducated and stupid. The biggest strongest and best looking guys I've met in my 8+ years lifting all incoporporate compounds in some manner. Obviously many still do high volume and other parts of bodybuilding routines

>The biggest strongest and best looking guys I've met in my 8+ years lifting all incoporporate compounds in some manner.
yeah, the vial variety I imagine
furthermore you dumb as dirt mother fucker, where did I imply that compound exercises aka multi joint exercises are useless?
it's just that you are preaching about shit that is false, squats and deadlifts aren't magic and are 100% not needed to make fucking muscle gains for fuck's sake that's what I'm saying.

jesus christ Jow Forums's lord and savior has fucking man tits and a beer belly. Literally looks like your average obese 50 year old man.

>training for this.

Just a quick anecdote, even Zyzz did squats and deadlifts. Acting like those two exercises don't have a place in a training program is incredibly idiotic.

he was also terrible at them and gets outlifted by skinnyfat shits in this board posting on plg and wlg
how is this helping your argument that squats and deadlifts are in any way essential in a training program?

> squats and deadlifts are fucking fantastic at building your overall strength

i dont want 'overall strength' i want muscles in places girls care about holy shit its not complicated

why are you all so obessed with hur dur hard lifts dunt make excuses hur weak bitch sounds like you are just COPING

No. If you only want looks, there’s no point doing SS. I’m not a fan of SS anyway although I lift more for strength than looks. Setting yourself up for diddlys like rippletits tells you made my lower back arch and my progression stall. The patrician choice is going heavy on main lifts and 10-15 reps on accessories like incline bench/lunges etc.. and throwing in some isolations at the end. You will probably stall like a mfer if you just do 10 rep shit and you’ll look like ass and miss out on volume if you go the powerlifting/bulking route. Why not incorporate both? So you’ll gain strength AND aesthetics through a balanced workout.
If you’re someone who goes to the gym in a every-second-day manner, don’t do a brosplit though. Do alternating full body routines like:
>main lift push: 3x5
>main lift pull: same
>accessorie 1: 3x~10
>accessoire 2: same
>isolation 1: 3x10-15
>isolation 2: same
Do your accessoires for a specific lift on a different day than your main lift. Don’t do incline bench on the same day as bench for example, as bench will already fatigue you too much to perform decent at incline. If you want to gain mass, eat more but don’t get fat, if you want to loose fat eat less but don’t starve yourself or your lifts will go to shit.
This is how i broke my plateau and this is how I made great as fuck gains after experimenting with a shitton of routines.

donj't mind him, he's a brainwashed gymcel who probably looks like shit

after dealing with casual fitizens emotional issues more than actual lifting shit for 30+ years I think he has changed strategy

Yo, I'm this guy.
I've generally done big compounds for legs because I hate legs and wanted to spend as little time on them as possible, but I just injured myself for like the 20th time in the last year squatting a very conservative amount of weight in a warmup set and this is getting kind of irritating imo

Legs have never looked aesthetic either, I've always just done squats and leg extentions for them but they've never had any quad seperation so I'm wanting to change it up. What would you suggest I try for legs instead of what I've been doing?

Go to 7chan (Google barbell medicine 7chan). Do their bridge program

> got outlifted by skinnyfat shits

wait wait wait so now you DO care about how heavy someone can lift? I thought you weren't talking about powerlifting, aesthetics only?

Zyzz existed to be the epitome of aesthetics and he did it by incorporating squats and deadlifts. Necessary? Maybe not. Useful with proven results? You're goddamn right.

You’ll be the one coping if you just do bicep curls, you fucking mongrel.
And you’ll be coping even harder when you realize your weak ass has wasted years of lifting for hoes who still wouldn’t want to touch you with a stick. But go ahead and do it. See for yourself.

>dude just do leg press and back extensions bro hahaha
>In strength training and fitness, the squat is a compound, full body exercise that trains primarily the muscles of the thighs, hips and buttocks, quadriceps femoris muscle (vastus lateralis, vastus medialis, vastus intermedius and rectus femoris), hamstrings, as well as strengthening the bones, ligaments and insertion of the tendons throughout the lower body. Squats are considered a vital exercise for increasing the strength and size of the legs as well as developing core strength. Squats are typically used to tone back, thigh, and hip stability.Isometrically, the lower back, the upper back, the abdominals, the trunk muscles, the costal muscles, and the shoulders and arms are all essential to the exercise and thus are trained when squatting with the proper form.
>Leg press hits quads, calves, glutes, hams, and hip abductors

don't really need to explain much else, you're a retard dyel scared of doing exercises for men. enjoy your leg extension machine faggot

The answer to this is probably hip mobility stretches, unironically

God fucking dammit I knew this day would come

>wait wait wait so now you DO care about how heavy someone can lift?
No no no I don't for fuck's sake, but the one I replied to seemed to care about the fact that zyzz did those lifts as a means to cash in and make me admit that zyzz got aesthetic doing them when in fact he got aesthetic on fucking BRO SPLITS and STEROIDS not fucking squats and deadlifts.
To further prove that squats and deadlifts are a fucking waste of time when it comes to aesthetics you can simply go to plg and wlg and see how the average poster there looks, which is shit, no matter how advanced people there are on squats and deadlifts they still look like shit unless they train like bodybuilders, which they don't, and you can't train like a bodybuilder on fucking SS or other STRENGTH oriented programs.
>useful
They're only useful because they train muscles, and you can train muscles with 2 other exercises that don't load the spine which might injure people like

one 5 year+ exp tren user guy did sqauts and looked good

which means all beginners should do a hyper focused lower body strength routine
so now every

This is similar to what I do. A modified Greyskull LP 4-day:

Day 1 & 3
Bench 2x5, 1x5+
Squat 2x5, 1x5+
Push Accessory 5x10
Pull Accessory 5x10
Core 5x10

Day 2, 4
OHP 2x5, 1x5+
Deadlift 1x5+
Push Accessory 5x10
Pull Accessory 5x10
Core 5x10

Hits everything twice per week, leaves me with 3 days rest. Throw in some cardio on days off, do an ab circuit every morning (some 7 minute Athlean-X bullshit that hurts like hell).

you sound absolutely memed on

you can't even discuss this in a normal way, you talk like you are in some kind of movie or commercial. you have to be american bc nobody else can fall for a meme this hard

>Stop fucking preaching shit that doesn't work dumbass.
But it did work for me man, so I'll just assume you managed to fuck it up.
I started off with SS+5x5 in first year, did texas method and 5/3/1 2nd year, then just did some basic selfmade shit with (full body with compounds, 4 exercises per workout, 3 times per week).
>Except there is 0 advantage, you're still doing 2 lifts to train the lower body, whereas yo ucan do the same fucking thing with leg presses and back extensions
Again, you're wrong. Leg press+back extension doesn't work close to the same amount of muscles as squats&DL. Hence, you'd have to do more exercises for the same results.
Also, you don't need "perfect anatomy" for squats and deadlifts.

tl;dr: Squats and deadlifts do work and basically you're fucking retarded if you claim otherwise. Still waiting for body pic.

Attached: progress.jpg (3000x1596, 1.51M)

the reason he got big on bro splits is BECAUSE of the fact he was on steroids and the fact that he already had a good strength base from years of lifting you retarded faggot.

honestly i dont even care anymore. you do you. but just know you are going to get frustrated by the lack of progress and probably give up in 6 months or a year. have fun bud!

Glad this guy showed up and dragged his nuts across the face of the drooling retard saying

> bruh you just need dat dere leg press and back extensions

Dude is living proof that you just trust the process, commit to a program, train hard and you'll get results.

you need to explain to me why you copy pasted this irrelevant wall of text when I clearly posted the muscle groups that squats/deads actually train effectively, which are quads and hamstrings respectively, those are the main movers, anything else is in the backburner.
That's like saying training your triceps directly is useless because you use them on the bench press already.
>Squats are typically used to tone back
which they really don't unless you're a detrained dyel skeleton
>thigh
yeah, the quads primarily, I already mentioned this, leg press does the same fucking thing
>hip stability
irrelevant to hypertrophy and physically active people who aren't handicapped
>lower back
back extensions mog squats and deadlifts because your lower back is being used as the prime mover, squats and deadlifts are basically isometric exercises for the lower back aka shit for muscle growth in comparison to typical eccentric/concentric dynamic exercises
>the upper back
yeah bro squats train the upper back like crazy LMAO
>abdominals/trunk/shoulders/abs
yeah bro, let's just squat for abs/arms/shoulders and torso gains l m a o
those are muscles that are used during pretty much any fucking physical activity, you clearly don'0t know the difference between training a muscle properly for muscle growth and just using it for simple movement.
you are just a copy pasting retard who can't accept criticism concerning your training religion which is the cult of squats and deadlifts.

>the reason he got big on bro splits is BECAUSE of the fact he was on steroids
did I ever deny this fact you dumbass?
the fact is it DOES NOT MATTER IF HE USED SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS because he got ripped doing whatever the fuck he was doing.

/thread

Thanks for documenting your results properly to shut the DYEL retards here up

>this level of autism

Pls post body

>singles out pinons he wanted to hear

>he thinks there are muscles that are unimportant that can be placed on the backburner

dude how long have you been lifting? i really wish this was like reddit or something so i can see your progress in a year and see how your muscular imbalances are effecting your lifts, flexibility and overall well-being. you are a lost cause or a really good troll. bye, enjoy the ride friend

Attached: lol.jpg (800x804, 56K)

>(full body with compounds, 4 exercises per workout, 3 times per week)

Can you elaborate on this man? Like did you do 4 big lifts every day 3x per week? What were your typical set/rep ranges?

look it's cute that you are trying to defend your training religion but let me just stop you right there because
1) I outlift you considerably on every possible exercise you can imagine
2) I have been training for longer tha nyou
3) you didn't "prove" me wrong in any way whatsoever that squats and deadlifts are fucking useless because you fucking posted selfies of your UPPER BODY from the front, squats and deadlifts don't train your pecs, arms, delts, abs in order to make them grow.
You didn't prove shit.
What you proved is that you made gains as you kept training over the years, which is what happens to anyone that started training.
Big fucking deal.
The dude isn't proof of shit except "I made gains over the years".

Mirin progress.

Can I ask about how you maintained your bodyfat % and what was your total daily calory intake was or is? Did you eat clean? How do you think cardio has affected your training or your body?

The reason I ask is I weigh just 2kg heavier than you and I'm a bit stronger at least the lifts you posted in your picture (kg: 5rm 90/170/107.5/77.5)

My background was SS to TM to an upper/lower volume/intensity strength program and I've only just switched to eating clean and started to do some 10m cardio at the start of the session.

My BF% is about 20-25% and something like 15% would be ideal if I could at least maintain my strength.

Jesus I hope you don't breed or vote.

>define " overall strength", strength is very specific and skill based
This is the most retarded shit I’ve read in a while. If you lift 1 plate and i lift 4 plate, guess who’s gonna be stronger you dumbass.

This.
Fuck barbell / powerlifting faggotry
Machines are all you need, plus making sure your diet is on point so you never eat more than your TDEE and get fat (yuck!)

Why are you retards jumping on me, this nigger started it
It's a meme in the sense that people shill for it like the holy grail of fitness, but it's absolutely a good, symmetric goal as well

>no argument
wow you convinced me bro
post brain
>he thinks there are muscles that are unimportant that can be placed on the backburner
putting others that I didn't use lmao, how does it feel to be that desperate and retarded?
you literally copy pasted irrelevant bullshit about all the muscles used during squats, guess what retard, triceps, pecs, hip flexors and neck muscles are used on pullups does that mean they're gonna get bigger from doing pullups past the noob stages?
That's not to say those muscles are irrelevant, they're simply not required to grow in order to get better at that given exercise.
Do you understand now or do you need a drawing?

>I outlift you considerably on every possible exercise you can imagine

Not on squats or DL's, faggot. Post body...wait you won't cause you're a coping fat fuck

I dont meant to jump on you. I just scrolled through and cherry picked your post. I just wanted to say this
> but it's absolutely a good, symmetric goal as well

IMAGINE ONLY DOING ARMS ONCE A WEEK. STAY DYEL

I never got the lifting for aesthetics thing.
Why the fuck would you want to stare at yourself in the mirror for hours while doing curls like aestheticfags?
Don't you guys realize that a pump is just blood making your muscles look bigger than they really are, not actual size?
Pumps serve no purpose but to enhance the curling in the mirror experience

truth hurts
strength is specific though, that's why weightlifters suck ass at most exercises they don't practise despite having a strong squat/cnj/snatch, strength is specific, and going from 1 plate to 4 plates on any given exercise is gonna make you stronger in general just because it would require at least some ammount of muscle growth, bigger muscles=more general strength.
Keep being angry over the truth.

>Machines are all you need

Attached: James Franco.gif (538x369, 1.08M)

Thanks. It's not that advising SS/barbell strength training is a fraud. It's just if you want that aesthetic Chad look to get girls than that style of training anf eating will get you no where and may even reverse what you have already.

If you don't care about getting young hot girls and just want to be a strong freaky albeit chubby looking man than it works. Ripptoe never ever said or says his style of training is in anyway to have young girls mire you. It's people from Jow Forums and r/fitness who were nazisish insisting everyone who wants to get fit only does barbell strength training. And again I say that as a competing powerlifter.

Attached: Breathing-for-Powerlifting.jpg (637x382, 38K)

>p-post body bro
my entire argument is that I look like shit despite being strong on squats and deadlifts, and that anyone that preaches squats and deadlifts is wrong.
Do you want me to post my shit physique or my lifts that are considerably heavier than yours?
You won't believe either way so why are you even posting this shit?

It's not about what you know, it's about what you can prove faggot. Post that fucking body now so we can rip your shit apart.

What meme you dyel shitter?
You are the one who wants to lift for girls and you’re telling me I sound „memed on“?
This is what’s gonna happen:
>incel craves love
>starts to lift because he thinks it’ll get him girls
>wastes years doing shitty babby weight machine exercises, knows jack shit about anatomy
>gets outlifted and mogged by people training half that time
>girls still won’t look at him. As if being muscular would somehow make his crippling autism disappear
>gets bitter
>I did this for them and now Stacy still won’t date me!!!
>goes Elliot mode

>why would i want to do a squat and deadlift program
>actually I'M FUCKING SOOO GOOD at squats and deadlifts i outlift everyone in this thread haha
>i still look like shit tho, why :(

maybe it's not the exercise...maybe it's something else in your routine? like maybe you still eat like a fat sack of shit? you are just honestly too stupid for lifting. stop posting. or post body so we can all laugh at how much of a bitch you are

Guys we should stop this silly arguing and help this user out

You know full well this dry dick Jason Blaha looking faggot isn't going to post shit. He'll disappear from this thread and go screech at his mom to make some tendies before she goes to start her 12 hour shift at the 7-11.

Why would I post my body when it's my argument that squats and deads did nothing for my body you fucking dumbass, what I can do post though is my lifts, I have squatted 210kg and deadlifted 270kg while looking like a dyel.
Therefore disproving this bullshit that squats and deadlifts are benefitial or required in order to look good which is the entire point of this thread.

Attached: mgfh.jpg (513x415, 36K)

All of what you just said is wrong. Have you ever read into anatomy? Read some studies and books? Do you actually know what you are doing? I do. I informed myself as much as possible and what you just said is absolutely wrong.

This. I am 1+/2+/3+/4+ with the squat, bench, dead numbers done at IPF competition. I look like any average fat dude off the street. I am not aesthetic except to other autistic powerlifters or strongman mofos and certainly not to hot young girls.

If the kid just wants to look good for club hoes then he is absolutely right that barbell strength training is pointless maybe even will set him back.

Attached: motoring04-083118.jpg (720x1019, 76K)

>all of what you just said is wrong
No it isn't, it just hurts to be told something that disproves your already established belief around training.

Did 3x per week before, currently doing lots of boxing, so reduced it to 2x per week, because I just want to maintain. If you're sedentary besides lifting, you might also want to throw in some upper body isolations for fun.
A:
Squats 3x5-8
Bench 3x5-8
Rows 3x8
Dips 3xwhatever (sometimes weighted, sometimes BW)

B:
Deadlift 1x5 (sometimes go lower weight but 3 sets)
Bulgarian split squats 3x12
OHP 3x5-8
Pullups 3xwhatever (weighted or BW)

All these angry words, but still no body pics :^)

Thx m80. First few years I tracked macros because I knew nothing about nutrition, then only counted during cuts. My TDEE back then was around 3k, probably similar rn.
Eating was more or less clean, even though I had a (stupid) dirty bulk episode, because I fell for the meme. Been on OMAD for about 1 year now and don't really track anything, just going by feeling.
Cardio was very important for actually feeling healthy and definitely helped leaning out a lot, so would definitely recommend.
The lifts are pretty outdated (2014), but I don't think they changed a lot. Worked with DBs only for last 2 years and only recently got access to a barbell again.
You won't lose that much strength if you take your time, just go for a reasonable deficit and you'll be fine.

So lets see the results that your NO SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS ALLOWED routine produced for you. Go ahead, we'll wait. Any jackass can post their e-stat lifts. But you won't post a fucking thing because you're a colossal LARPing dick taster.