What are some gym facts that all of Jow Forums agrees on...

What are some gym facts that all of Jow Forums agrees on? Something that only retards and obvious baits would disagree with?

Attached: NHGieLnU_400x400.png (208x208, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dietdoctor.com/what-happens-if-you-eat-5800-calories-daily-on-an-lchf-diet
dietdoctor.com/caloric-restriction-cause-weight-loss-not-according-science
idmprogram.com/insulin-causes-weight-gain-hormonal-obesity-iv/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Protein shake must be consumed within 7 minutes of finishing the workout or it won't work as well

you gain weight with a caloric surplus and lose weight with a caloric deficit

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-04-14-36-35(1).png (1078x1324, 771K)

that op's a faggot

Attached: 1550099913121.png (819x827, 16K)

Washing your shirt kills your gains. Wear the same shirt to the gym every day because the hormones you release into it from the previous sessions compound and get reabsorbed into your skin.

Creatine doesn't do anything
Unironically this

Attached: download (4).jpg (259x194, 8K)

Bar doesn't count

CICO obviosly

Posting b8 in a thread where arguing with it is classified as b8 doesn't count and it means you're low-test

Hrs right though. Also plates with holes in hem automatically weigh 5 pounds less to accommodate for the missing mass.

leg day is pointless

It does (genelets).

Okay but in what way does a 45 lb bar not count? You're still lifting the weight.

You're not trying to troll me, are you user?

Attached: download.jpg (223x226, 11K)

It depends.

>ohp in the squat rack

Attached: ishygddt.png (639x351, 296K)

Jow Forums is gay af

The weights are lower to take into account the bar, you don't count the bar

@49598628
0/10.

That everyone here lies about lifts, weight and height
But is too hard on themselves on looks, likeability and personality.

You're all good dumb fucking cunts

deadlifts are useless

>You're, not we.
Cope.

If you want to get jacked eat a lot of protein

If you have to ask "how much is a lot user" then you're not eating enough protein

If you measure your protein intake in any way other than pounds of meat you're still new to lifting

Being gay is better, but women make our dicks go up.

Attached: 27A7FCBB-0666-464C-A47F-B273646DA167.jpg (627x626, 28K)

How it’s a major muscle group

You should
>always wipe after with a rag or towel when you use him a machine or bench
>You should do the five compound lifts

>always wipe after with a rag or towel when you use him a machine or bench
Before.

progressive overload is king

That you don't count the bar

scratching your balls and then sniffing it allows the testosterone pheromone to travel to the brain through the nostrils, temporarily increasing strength

does not work for other dudes balls

>1. squat
>2. deadlift
>3. bench
>4. ohp
5...barbell row? pull ups? dips?

I was asking myself the same question...

Power clean.

Shoulders are more important than chest for aesthetics and more functional for sports like boxing
Basically fuck bench do the press

Attached: 1547360584932.jpg (2676x1741, 605K)

google ATP

Attached: 1521487709003.gif (426x470, 67K)

Everyone should do calisthenics along with weights girl love that shit I get serious mires for one hand grip chinups

Attached: 1545020237658.webm (640x800, 2.79M)

partly wrong. It's possible to gain weight on a caloric deficit if you artificially supply insulin.

What does "caloric deficit" mean to you

consuming less calories than you would in homeostasis

What does homeostasis mean to you?

what does "what" mean to you?

Fucking retard

Look man, no need to get soppy, I'm just trying to make sure I understand what you mean... I think your definition of caloric deficit is wrong and so I'm trying to get you to define your terms.

ok

Caloric deficit means ingesting an amount of macronutrients over a given period of time that have a combined caloric value which is less than your energy expenditure over said period.

My original post referred to insulin being the one single driver of your body storing fat into the fatty tissue, no matter what.

Let's say your tdee is 2000 kcal at total rest and you're not working out. If you eat 1700 kcal below that, but artificially inject insulin, you would still gain weight, because you'd force your body to store fat. Of course this would also mean your body would drastically reduce his metabolic rate to fit the then overall lower available calories, so technically you wouldnt be at a caloric deficit anymore then.

But if you define a caloric deficit as "amount of macronutrients over a given period of time that have a combined caloric value which is less than your energy expenditure over said period."

How can you gain tissue while burning more fuel than you are providing the body? If your BMR is dropping, a caloric deficit would need less food.

>so technically you wouldn't be at a deficit anymore

Absolute retard, so all that to basicly say the other guy was right and you were wrong.

>If you measure your protein intake in any way other than pounds of meat
Söycore art of manliness tier

>hurrrhurrhurr

>implying not every single one on this board that says "you lose weight with a caloric deficit" accounts to their lower tdee steming from lower caloric intake in the first place.

I wonder why there are "why can't I get below xyz lbs" eventhough my diet is perfect threads every week.

What? You don't gain tissue, you store fat in the tissue you already have, which "worsens" the deficit, causing your mbr to adapt to the intake.

dietdoctor.com/what-happens-if-you-eat-5800-calories-daily-on-an-lchf-diet

dietdoctor.com/caloric-restriction-cause-weight-loss-not-according-science

>dietdoctor
>tabloid article names
yeah anything and everything you say/said is now invalid

It's ok if the big words are too much for you to comprehend, enjoy your continuum of failing tries of calories in vs. calories out and have a nice life.

mate you do not understand what a fucking deficit is
you consume less calories than you burned, you lost weight, theres no way around it, your insulin injection does not magicaly create mass

6'4" guy here

manlets aren't men

might have responded to a wrong guy, stopped reading at some point, sorry if I did

>eat 1500 calories instead of 2000
>inject insulin and store an additional 500 of those calories as fat
>your body says "what the fuck, I have only consumed 1000 calories of usable energy" and burns 1000 calories of fat
>net deficit still 500

This is literally all that would happen. You have just told your body to store less fat that it is going to immediately burn back off again due to the deficit.

More fat* you know what i meant

>not doing ohp in the squat rack

Attached: 5D73D3AE-A6B2-4A99-A801-9FBA05B69159.jpg (1242x621, 454K)

Hah! Ever let go of the bar in mid air? IT JUST STAYS THERE!!! It weighs nothing!!

Got me

If you'd fast for >20 hours after the situation you described sure which is not what calorie restricted diet ppl do.

What happens in reality during a calorie restricted diet with elevated insulin levels is your body turns down his mbr, you get cold, you get unconcentrated and the like.

idmprogram.com/insulin-causes-weight-gain-hormonal-obesity-iv/

"
The researchers took 14 diabetics and increased insulin until sugars were almost normal. At the beginning, they were on pills only. Over the 6 months, insulin was increased until the were taking an average of 100 units per day.

Body Weight increased by 8.7 kg (19 lbs). Yet, if we were to look at daily caloric intake, we can see that the average patient decreased by almost 300 calories/ day! In other words, despite eating less patients were gaining weight like crazy. That means that it was not the calories that was driving the weight gain. It was the insulin!

Think about it this way. Insulin is the hormonal signal to the body to increase weight – the Body Set Weight (BSW). If insulin is increased, we increase our BSW. In order to reach this new, higher weight, we will need to eat more or decrease total energy expenditure (TEE). So the insulin makes us fat. In order to get fat, we will eat more or reduce TEE. The behavior of eating more is in response to the hormonal signal to get fat.

In this study, insulin dose was massively increased. Under this hormonal signal, the body tries to gain weight (increase the BSW). As weight increased, patients tried to restrict calories. Since they weren’t eating more, their body is forced to ‘shut down’ in order to conserve energy to increase weight. TEE is lowered. We feel tired, cold, and hungry. And the weight still keeps going up. Sounds like most conventional low fat low calorie diets. Diet, exercise, feel lousy and still can’t lose weight.
"

You're technically right in the way you described it. I still think you're messing up causes and effects here. Insulin is the primal cause not calories, which is what I was trying to say.

And insulin is spiked higher by sugars then anything else.
Also frequent eating as what would happen when you eat simple and easily digested carbs frequently keeps the insulin heavily spiked.

The argument that pro heavy carb people make is that they eat a lot of fruit so that means that carbs aren't an issue.
Wrong, the fiber slows the digestion of those carbs and keeps them satiated longer. Imitating what heavy protein users feel after eating a heavy protein meals.

If you count the bar you obviously are a weak retarded who likes putting excuses

Attached: Hang_yourself.jpg (290x324, 20K)

Attached: 1523383008022[3].png (578x1132, 727K)

White people are the cuckboi race

Attached: 1421892724008.jpg (125x110, 6K)

>The researchers took 14 diabetics and increased insulin
Untreated diabetics piss sugar water (that's the literal translation of "diabetes mellitus"). No shit they gain weight if you make them stop pissing out all of the carbs they consume while maintaining the same caloric intake. Retard.

>insulin was increased until the were taking an average of 100 units per day.

lrn2read

The insulin doesn't make you gain weight despite a caloric deficit. Holding calories in constant it's decreasing the calories burned. Its still calories in - calories out. Insulin just happens to be a factor that affects calories out. The base formula remains the same, it's the first law of thermodynamics

>supply insulin.
Which makes your hungrier, and eat more. No longer on a calorie deficit :-DDDDD

yeah but your bodyfat percentage can increase depending on what you eat

>insulin was increased
Are you aware that a certain amount of insulin can only sequester a certain amount of glucose? If you eat 100 units of carbohydrates and inject 50 corresponding units of insulin, you piss out 50 units of glocose. If you keep increasing the dosis of insulin, you retain an increasing fraction of the carbohydrates you consume, until you inject more insulin than necessary, at which point you will experience hypoglycemia.

Good one, OP. Subtle.

They also lie about time lifting. People will post a body like this and say they’ve only lifted for about a year. Everyone wants to be some super genetic freak that gains like crazy in an extremely short amount of time while natty, when in reality maybe .01% of people on here have greatly superior genetics.

Attached: 2DD01DFC-6AAB-478F-B9D5-6D96AD870D13.jpg (1000x600, 208K)

> tabloid blog sources
> .com
> pic related
Solid source user, you really got us.

Attached: 870125BA-B15B-4674-B821-E559F75301E5.jpg (750x260, 93K)

Pendlay row