Dragons

Almost every culture in the world has mentions of dragons in their legends, myths, folklore etc. Despite all this there is no hard evidence whatsoever that these creatures ever actually existed. How do you explain this pol? Is it a cover up?

Attached: Image0005.jpg (1024x680, 528K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblehub.com/kjv/job/41.htm
biblehub.com/kjv/job/40.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=nxVYKcVUhDk
historysevidenceofdinosaursandmen.weebly.com/written.html
thetruthrevolution.net/ancient-historythe-birth-of-the-swastika-a-12000-year-old-symbol-inspired-by-a-comet/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FutureImperfect
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllHailTheGreatGodMickey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My understanding is that dragon myths came from people who saw dinosaur bones and had no good explanation as to what they were.

I can find additional information about this if you want.

>Annunaki liked to anthropomorphise their equipment, it left the humans with some very odd impressions.
He put on an Eagle's helmet he put on a Fish's suit.

The chariot's hatch he opened; at the open hatch he stopped to wonder.

Dark hued was the ground, blue-white were the skies;

Attached: 2A67F60A00000578-0-image-m-14_1436535904253.jpg (600x300, 45K)

Dragons have an Indo-European origin. There were no dragons in Semitic myths until interactions with Indo-European speakers.

Pic is from Shahnameh. It's Rostam killing a dragon.

Attached: rostamshahnameh.jpg (1600x1281, 426K)

Attached: muh dragons.jpg (562x749, 110K)

I think they existed. We had flying reptiles.

Attached: Pterodactylus-skeleton-Bruce-Mohn-1000.jpg (1000x846, 95K)

GEE I WONDER DURRR HURRRR WHERE DID DRAGON MYTHS COME FROM HURRRRRRR

Attached: dinosaurs.jpg (480x360, 32K)

Probably has something to do with mankind's innate fear of snakes.
And now imagine how terrified you'd be if snakes suddenly grew wings.
It's like your first encounter with a flying cockroach
>t. watched a judeo b Peterson video once

>Discover dinosaur bones
>Let imagination handle the rest

How do you explain the fact that many of the cultures that have myths about dragons lived in lands where there are no dragon fossils?

The over interesting thing is most dragons have 6 limbs.

It has to do with the Proto-Indo-European migrations, dude. They migrated to Europe, Iranian plateau, and NW India. The idea of the dragon originated with them. They also spread their language and customs too.

Dinosaurs are dragons. The world is only ~6000 years old.
biblehub.com/kjv/job/40.htm

How did they know they had scales and breathed fire?

The same is said of the ancient gods, people just made things up to explain stuff. It would be very strange for the Trojans to think that the gods gave them a giant wooden horse if very real physical gods didnt exist in the world. The same can be said for the global dragon myths. We reach a certain point in history where we say it pre recorded history but they did record it. In tales and song, things change over time but cross referencing we can see globally, giants, gods and dragons existed. If we choose to ignore this we may as well ignore other ancient testimonies of history too.

Reptillians

>Despite all this there is no hard evidence whatsoever that these creatures ever actually existed.
pic related, just shorten front legs, add wings and you have typical HoMM dragon
it's like Gryphon, fantasy creature inspired by real creatures but not cool enough in story for princess because knight can't say
>I killed motherfucking lizard that was sunbathing, cool huh?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1936x1296, 1.13M)

Nobody mentioned dinosaur finds until the 1800's. Bones wouldn't really last that long. I think it is soft disclosure of our time travelling Saurian overlords, like pic, from Terminator 2.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-04-27-18h24m51s371.jpg (1280x544, 189K)

same reason mother nature/earth mother is a widespread phenomenon. people migate.

>scales
because they look like giant lizards.
>breath fire
dinosaurs didn't breathe fire. firebreathing dragons are not widespread.

Its something to do with the Jews

jews=lizard people
lizard people=dragon
i mean think about it jews eat kids, horde gold, and are lizards

there are things that are made up in modern history textbooks as well. by your logic we may as well ignore the entirety of written history.

the jews slayed the dragons, user

the juden doesnt want the aryan man to have his true best friend
youtube.com/watch?v=nxVYKcVUhDk

not entirety but most of it, it's after all a hi-STORY and stories are written by winners to better suit their image

historysevidenceofdinosaursandmen.weebly.com/written.html

Their anatomy is consistently described, in numerous accounts, as serpent like in the head and tail with a robust mid section. Two small appendages and wings on some variants. Their biolumenecnce, commonly being mistaken for fire, may be a form of a mating display in the larger variants.

They have been hunted by man to near extinction. Only in the depths of caves and remote marshes do they still breathe.
A sad relic of the distant past.

Attached: aldrovandi-dragon-watercolor-horizontal.jpg (2425x1950, 1.29M)

>dinosaurs didn't breathe fire
[Citation needed]
You're about as dumb as the leftist vermin who say there are more than 2 fenders in a matter of fact way. When you are in fact a clueless kike rube who believes in (((evolution))) and that you can from a monkey who came from a rock.

Smarten up, dum dum.

>Nobody mentioned dinosaur finds until the 1800's
dinosaur bones and teeth have been used by the chinese in medicines for millennia. chinese were writing about their dragon bone shit back in 200 BC at the very least. why do you just make things up?

Human consciousness is capable of interacting with information stored in our DNA. This is what we misleadingly know as junk dna, it is actually a language (look up gripfs law of linguistics) junk dna follows this same pattern, in altered states on consciousness we are able to interact with this information. This is what is known as a spiritual experience or what shamans call contacting the ancestor spirits. Dragons are usually linked to the concept of divine or secret knowledge, the most common form of therianthrope seen in ayahuasca visions is he serpen. The symbol of the dragon is the secret of accessing the Akashi records or what we can instead fall the memories of our ancestors. Science has just recently confirmed that memories can be passed on genetically.

One of the first multiplication sources of ancient Chinese culture is fuxi pic related. Fuxi discovered the 64 hexagrams, I forget his name but there is a book by a German mathematics PhD called the i ching and the genetic code. The 64 hexagrams perfectly mirror codons in dna

You read it here first pol

This is one of the only real redpolls on pol right now, but it will be known in the future

Attached: 9B259E03-6967-4BC0-90E4-8322B2B821BB.jpg (1013x2117, 896K)

Dragons were depictions of comets.

>implying there's nothing to learn from the lies of the victors

burden of proof is on you.

dragons are a combination of a snake, a crocodile, an hawk, and a cat. these are all predators of children and man. they breathe fire because snake bites burn like fuck

>169953108

I think many on Jow Forums would agree with that. Seeing as history is largely propaganda. I think the truth of the ancient world is stranger than we can possibly imagine.

The dragon myth that we all know started in Indo-European areas and the pics of dragons you see farther east appear very different.
Dragons are the combination of the animals humans have an innate fear/primal competitiveness with: large birds of prey (wings), snakes (body and face), and clawed animals (claws n such). These are the basic outline of every mythical creature, plus some human characteristics for some
The dragons were involved in stories told of man defeating great beasts as you have to remember stories and myths back then were either used to scare children to not do stupid shit or to talk about human characteristics of righteousness and bravery

Attached: 53608BDE-D15D-4480-AC36-439C92D8204F.png (300x300, 35K)

I've had this thought a few times, OP.

Dragons embody all of man's "negative" aspects, unchecked greed / lust (everywhere I go, I must steal gold and kidnap maidens) and the Dragon's tendency to well...fucking burn everything to the ground

How they all sort of got conjured up as gigantic snake-entities likely has some root in some ancient religion and spread out. just my neckbeard armchair hypothesis

>burden of proof is on you

>claims dinosaurs existed millions of years ago
>claims they didn't breath fire
You dont understand burden of proof, you public school beaner.

Dragons are nothing except the conception of Jewish mysticism

it's true!

Attached: BWvkCol[1].png (643x734, 423K)

you made the claim that they breath fire here burden of proof is on you. prove it. I also never claimed they existed millions of years ago, you can quote me if you like. yawn. weren't you just insulting my intelligence? embarrassing.

My guess is that dragons symbolized tyrants (when used as a negative) and slaying a dragon means that you killed a tyrant. So st george must have killed a tyrant or something.

thats why you say draconian laws etc.

>Their biolumenecnce, commonly being mistaken for fire.

There we go with that modern arrogance that we know more about the subject than our ancestors did. It may be hard to believe but maybe they did breathe fire, thats a more logical explanation than what you just said.

I tripped out hard once and came face to face with something wearing a cloak of stars and it had a fish head. It towered over me, maybe 20ft tall. It told me something I can’t remember and he/it was looking into me too. Still can’t explain it though.

Comets, dragons & prophets of doom
Evidence for a giant comet

Is there any evidence for this giant comet in the terrestrial record? One of the most puzzling and widespread features of early societies is their preoccupation with the sky. People have assumed that this was driven by the need for a calendar for both agricultural and ritual purposes. However, this explanation does not account for the doom-laden nature of much cosmic iconography and early sky-centred cosmic religions associated with these societies. For example, some of them involve celestial combat myths in which winged serpents battle it out in the sky before one or other crashes to Earth. Numerous prophecies of doom, from Zoroaster to the Book of Revelation, clearly show celestial impact motifs: the Persian prophet Zoroaster (c. 500 BC) predicts a world-end in which "Ahriman (Satan) will make a comet strike the Earth causing a huge conflagration"; the Book of Revelation describes a huge burning mountain falling from the sky, dropping hail and fire on the Earth, while the Sun and Moon are darkened by smoke pouring from the abyss; Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by a rain of fire from Heaven, and so on. Cometary as well as meteor motifs are also found in these myths (for example, Revelation has a huge, red, multiple-headed dragon in the sky) and were recognised as such by ancient writers.

Other hints of an interest extending beyond the practical need for a calendar are to be found in the omen astrology of the Babylonians, which was largely fireball-based (a fireball is an extremely bright meteor), and in the widespread occurrence of icons apparently depicting comets, such as the omega symbol found throughout the Near East. The ancient swastika may be another such - for example, it explicitly represents a cometary type in a Chinese classification scheme depicted in a Han dynasty tomb dated 168 BC. This symbol is of great antiquity, going back to at least 1400 BC.

Woke

>no hard evidence
We've found skeletons of this lizards for years. "Dinosaurs" by the way are comprised of scientists guesssing how the bones were put together and what the missing bones looked like. You think nobody found these "dinosaur" skeletons before the 1800s? Wrong Romans found them too. Actually Rome had a skin of one of these dragons that came from Carthage. Alexander found them in India being worshipped, there's lots of examples.

read this it explains all of it pretty well.

Attached: 11558793.jpg (308x475, 30K)

the deepest part of our brain is similar to a reptiles brain

a dragon is like an archetype our minds come up with based off of that, a primitively powerful and dangerous reptile

it isnt that far fetched either, dinosaurs are kinda similar and they ruled for a hundred times as long as we've existed

>no hard evidence whatsoever that these creatures ever actually existed

what is a dinosaur? Do you think the ancient people might have stumbled upon ancient bones of a dinosaur ? you fucking faggot

Attached: 98755467890.png (560x500, 477K)

Maybe the presenceof these monstrous lizard-like creatures in folklore can be explained by the fact that our planet was once populated by monstrous lizard-like creatures..? Idiot.

>inb4 "dinosaurs were long extinct by the time humans showed up"

Yes they were, but we still find their remains all over the place. All it would have taken was one early human finding a tyrannosaur skull, and the stories about it would have lasted millenia, changing over time. I'm sure it didn't take long for people to start saying "grug slew a giant lizard monster that flew and breathed fire!"

>as you have to remember stories and myths back then were either used to scare children to not do stupid shit

and what are you basing that on? I suppose with all the real world historical events going on instead of etching that in stone they just wrote a load of fiction instead.

Some myths were used for that, to cover the location of precious metals for example but the majority were a serious attempt to record massive events.

THE BIRTH OF THE SWASTIKA: A 12,000-YEAR-OLD SYMBOL INSPIRED BY A COMET
thetruthrevolution.net/ancient-historythe-birth-of-the-swastika-a-12000-year-old-symbol-inspired-by-a-comet/

Attached: Comet-Swastika.jpg (1100x592, 53K)

Dragons are basically an amalgamation of land, water, and air predators which is why they're so common across various cultures.

His horse needs to go on a diet.

What the fuck were you on? And what the heck is a cloak of stars?

Biologist-fag here, I'm curious, tell me more.

oh hi /x/

Been a while since the last time I heard about Akashi records. They exist, but not in the way people understand them to be. I'll give you a hint: Why would scientists rush to patent their inventions? Because others have the same ideas. It's all connected

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU FUCKERS DRAGONS ARE REA;L

SKYRIM AND LOTR ARE PRETTY MUCH TRUE AGE OF ATLANTIS TYPE HISTORY LESSON

ANNUNAKI DRAGON GODS!!!

Attached: Dragon Pepe.png (600x600, 235K)

lol

a cloak made of stars?

Dragon myths are easiest explained like most myths, atmospheric plasma effects. They were seen worldwide. Read velikovsky and electric universe for a realistic scientific explanation.

>no woke dragon bf to ravage me then sleep on a pile of gold with

Why live tho

Greek word.
Just sayin'

Attached: 14.jpg (1920x1080, 776K)

WEATHER BALLOOONS AMRITE?

How do you explain the fact that many of the cultures that have myths about dragons lived in lands where there are no dragon fossils?

You were saying?

ancient people travelled all over the world and their legends as well

Attached: 165.423.088.jpg (619x464, 135K)

again... >How do you explain the fact that many of the cultures that have myths about dragons lived in lands where there are no dragon fossils?

Uhhh humans don't fear large birds of prey buddy.

We may have ancestors who lived alongside dinosaurs, there's just very little proof

Snakes, big cats, birds of prey, predatory reptiles... BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED!
The theory for the concept of dragons stemming from a sort of innate genetic memory of the predators of early humans is pretty well established. I'm not certain if there are theories about why they breathe fire, presumably it stems from forest fires.

The fact that there's a system in the eye designed to identify snakes in the bottom half of the field of vision that'll force the body to flee before the brain is even consciously aware of it has boggled my mind ever since I first found out about it. That shit's nuts.

We did when we lived in trees.

People killed off the dragons, but sometimes wrote about the adventure.

I think the Chinese dragon and the European dragon are different things

+
Guys, the combination of a snake and a lion as the personification of ethical contrast is great is our(Greeks) and china's fault.
Don't forget that, at those times, we were gods of literature, metaphorically said.

But have you been to the rainforest?

Not true. Dragon myths occurred in ancient China very prominently, they also occurred in pre-Columbus America. These civilizations had no contact with each other, and pre-Columbus Americans had no contact with indo-Europeans until relatively late in their histories

>is great = x

Also things like gila monsters, anacondas, alligators and crocodiles still live in different parts of the planet.

>The fact that there's a system in the eye designed to identify snakes in the bottom half of the field of vision that'll force the body to flee before the brain is even consciously aware of it has boggled my mind ever since I first found out about it. That shit's nuts.
What? How I research this topic?

It may not have necessarily been “made up” more then simply being due to a lack of knowledge. This may seem strange, but we in fact still find things we don’t know about and make assumptions:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FutureImperfect
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllHailTheGreatGodMickey

Look at the real life section of these articles for more information about this.

>nb4 useing TV tropes as a citation
It is the best thing I can think of if the top of my head.

There are some still alive, sleeping beneath the Earth but most of them were slayed during the Age of Heroes.

Wow, thats embaressing please read the illiad or at least the wiki so you dont embaress yourself again.

> Dragons, no evidence.

Dinosaur fossils you brainlet.

Attached: Dragon.jpg (640x499, 95K)

How do you explain the fact that medieval Europeans had domesticated jungle fowl from south-east Asia?

Attached: 1340514194900.gif (464x260, 422K)

See

He was wrong about the gods literally giving the horse to the Greeks, that was Odysseus, but his general point still stands bc the gods feature prominently in the Iliad and interact with the human characters (e.g. Diomedes stabs Ares, Paris interacts with Aphrodite, Athena appears to Achilles, etc.)

Attached: x0vjs.jpg (205x246, 8K)

Best post right here, most were killed during the Age of Heroes/Dvapara Yuga/Bronze Age. Probably some will re-emerge in the end times of the Kali Yuga

Trips of truth
Ikka stones and carvings on Angkor Wat lend creedence

Attached: Image 6.jpg (938x938, 410K)

It's a prominent figure in Indo-European culture. So Europeans, Kurds, Persians and Indians (After Aryan migrations) all share myths about dragons. Foreign dragons, such as Chinese ones, are quite distinct in both depiction and what they represent.

what about east asian cultures tho? i thought that they had very little interaction with us? the idea spread all the way to japan then?

That "foreign dragons", made me chuckle a bit.
May the SPQR be blessed

>Why live tho
To give someone else the joy of hanging your faggoty ass when true chaos and anarchy finally takes hold.

Attached: redpill.png (862x1124, 915K)

You can live in any world you want

There's just as much evidence to support the existence of Atalnatis as to deny its existence and you choose to believe it doesn't exist. When faced with equal uncenrtainty and certainty, why err on the side that creates a mundane and simplistic reality, devoid of color and mystery?

Yall a bunch of gays Marco Polo clearly describes dragons at the court of the Chinese.

Dragons : satan

Based, saving this for my head canon.