Anyone do skilled trades here? Advice for someone with no experience just starting off? I live in Maryland

Anyone do skilled trades here? Advice for someone with no experience just starting off? I live in Maryland

Attached: F5AA4CF0-AB6E-4DF4-8A23-3C7FD27F3BD6.jpg (1024x1024, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ualocal486.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any degrees?

Nothing, 19 years old

plumbing, dude

I saw an apprenticeship for it around my area. My dad says I should go to college instead but I can’t stand the classes and have 0 interest in a STEM degree.

it sucks. get a desk job.

Try the military.

kys

If you can handle 50+ hour work weeks try iron worker or bridge painter.

>it sucks
>get a desk job

Dude... become a plumber.

In the working world, it doesn't matter who or where you work... you have to deal with other people's shit. The great thing about being a plumber is you don't have to deal with other people's shit while dealing with other people's shit.

Having to deal with the drama involved with other people's shit stinks, and for the most part you get paid shit while having to deal with the big stink.

The great thing about being a plumber is you get paid well to deal with it.

An added bonus is you typically drive a van. If you put on teardrop windows and paint the van black with flames on the side and some red light effects below it you'll look bad ass. You can afford this and still live comfortably and support your white wife and white children and at the end of the day you can go to sleep next to your white wife in a luxurious bed that would feel great to any person, but even greater to you since you know you put in a good day's work.

>it's a "give me life advice anons but I will say no to everything suggested of me" thread

Union pipefitter here i have a pension plan 401k also and insurance plus earn 36$ an hour here in indiana. You can do plumbing welding or hvac work in my union.

thats a wide hip look at the angle of her leg, her knee wont be able to keep up with her running forever

Give them a call
ualocal486.com/

this is probably your safest bet. If you are lucky you will be reincarnated and next time you won't be a huge faggot

>Why men are able to analyze the circumstances and cut their losses when appropriate - and women can't.

Attached: womenmakethemselvesmiserable.jpg (4920x4161, 1.87M)

Did you need a lot of experience to get into the union?

I quit college after my first semester to go into trades. I'm a bit over 30, my house in a 95% white town is fully paid for. I got my own business. Zero personal debt etc

There's so many trades you can branch into. Just need to find something you enjoy. Like others have said, as a plumber you can pipe brand new houses, go into boiler systems etc

Thank you, I’m actually very interested in this now.

Someone post the video where the double amputee clears the wall by himself while all the women sit there and pout and complain it's too hard.

>women
>ever getting started
>can't quit doing nothing
That's where you fucked up.

i would suggest electrician or plumber. If you are smart enough, electrician as there will be math involved. Plumber if you are less so. Both of these avenues have opportunity to branch into desk or management or business owner type roles if you find more ambition later in life, which often happens. Both offer good upfront salaries once you’re done apprenticing. Both professions are generally redpilled people.

boredom and suffering. id rather be bored behind a desk than crawling around in some filthy ceiling to fix and air conditioner.

There’s a lot of apprenticeship openings for electricians in my area too. Do you know if it’s a dangerous job?

>Be welder
>Work with druggy scum and get your fingernails burnt off
No thanks friend

Well then what do you do?

This. If you don’t know what you want to do then check out the military. Don’t be a retard about it though.

Everything is a dangerous job if you're a dumbass. Just follow safety procedures and you'll be fine.

Daily reminder that if you are a tradesman, regardles of what you make women will not respect you because you work on mechanical things with your hands and don't have nice suits and a job where you use your brain.

Be an electrician. Go industrial. That way no crawling pulling wire through Tyrone's spider filled crawlspace.
Yes, high voltage will kill you, but it's quick and keeps you on your toes. Journeymen utility linemen make 35 per hour to start, and you know when the power goes out at night? They make a lot more than 35 an hour to turn it back on.

>women will not respect you for being masculine
Jesus Christ society is fucked

Im the only one with experience that was in my 5 year apprenticeship class. Every one else was 18-20 i was a welder in the military.

certified production techni9cian

I'm going the electrician route right now, looking like a good field but with just about any trade you can't go wrong. If only I could go back 10 years and save myself some time

There are very few druggy welders in my union. They drug test after every accident and random. We get paid an hours wage to piss too. Im a pipefitter i do the math cut the pipe and put up pipe hangers. Plus weld but not certifed yet. Electrician or pipefitter go industrial building trades.

We got another spineless worm.

>Be self employed welder, make no less than $65/hr

>live in a state where a nice house in the country costs less than $200k

Still paying student loans on a useless degree

Learn carpentry, work for 10 years, then go buy land, build your own house, and live off the land. Honestly, the best way out at this point.

Is that man who identifies as a woman ?

Electricians do stay clean most of the time. Theres multiple fields inside that trade too. Operating engineers is a great union too. Run cranes and dozers in an heated and air conditioned cab

MAYBE HE'D RATHER RUIN HIS BODY IN HIS FREE TIME

So brave. So Strong.

So Powerful.

Water Treatment Plant Operator, here

I don't remember ever seeing a waman not quit actually

I am confused by this author's definition of "quit"

Most females I have ever met quit anything as soon as it becomes unpleasant

Two year, distribution lineman apprentice here. 20 years of age. went to line school straight out of high school, made 110k last year. All my friends still have 2 years of school, already have over 30k in debt. They also went for meme shit like Chemistry and other Stem shit.

Attached: 19765.png (1827x1759, 2.55M)

You're only 19, go join the military (doesn't mean you have to actually see conflict). The trades suck for most people, one of the worst jobs I've had.

Welding is where the money is at. If you like water you can make $150k a year if you are willing to put on a scuba suit and weld boats. You can make 80k welding on land.

>why the women's race in The Boston Marathon was far less competitive than the men's race

being a carpenter has paid for itself more times than I can count. get a good basic understanding and then focus on high end finish work. there will always be work, it will always pay well, and the skills you acquire will enable you to build anything. in CA union apprentices make 20/hr with benefits, pto etc. you'll work up to 60/hr with benefits over 3 years. I always did better on non union jobs, as I only do high end residential. but I'm 28, licensed and insured, I make 150k/yr on average. but with my cannabis business I started this year ill be making 350k/yr without bidding jobs.
.tldr sell drugs and maga

yeah, never quit being whiny victims in men's shadow.

Then go for that apprenticeship shit. If you don't want to stem then go for trades. Or just leech off your parents and be a failed writer or something.

Imagine a headline Why Women Quit and Men Don't

Im a cook and i did some blacksmithing and machining when i was younger. Your best bet is to find a mentor or get in as an apprentice and show you are willing to learn and work hard. Also anything like that takes time.

Get training in medical records, lab, billing, or coding. Join with a large hosptal or large insurance co. and live well on the pay and benefits. No contact with patients and most are M-F jobs.

My dad was in the navy and he doesn’t want me to join. I could definitely get a stem degree like he wants but I’d have to be jacked up on adderall everyday.

TIG welding. One of the easiest trades (you don't really have to learn much besides how to hold your hand steady.)

Pays around 20$ an hour starting. After a few years you can make 40-60$ easily, or move to Alaska for a few months. A lot of welders make 100K in a matter of months by living in Alaska for a season.

If you’re not a complete brainlet become a electrician if you must do trades. That or fire alarms.

>scuba suit doing wet welding

Commercial dive gear required bro

>actual jobs being an “underwater welder”

They ain’t there

T. Welder gone diver gone welder

As someone who actually worked a trade its always hilarious seeing people put up #'s over the internet. Its always people that never worked a trade, hyping the trades.

GTFO of Maryland should be your first priority.
Fuck this place.

You can be successful in most any trade as long as you are good at it and I would suggest a trade that you could go out on your own in without too much difficulty.

psychopathy sociopathy

>Anyone do skilled trades here? Advice for someone with no experience just starting off? I live in Maryland
no but start with carpentry like wall building.

I was a hull maintenance tech in the navy welded on nuclear steam piping and learned more in a year than most people would in 4 years of college. Im on track to earn 85000 this year hoping for more overtime to hit 100000.

Depending on the area, you can make $20/hr+ starting as fridgie (commercial) or even up to six figures if you're good at sales and do res service with spiffs. I recommend going sparky though, more consistent, higher median pay, and easier to branch out into things like elevator repair if you get into that.

Yes, Maryland is a serious shit hole and my county has the highest taxes and - surprise surprise - the highest Jew population.
So do you recommend a degree then?

I'm in Maryland, too, and I can tell you this state sucks ass. Head west, young man, to the Great Midwest, where clean living is the goal, like Michigan, Ohio, or Pennsylvania. Solid German communities, friendly people.

>110k as an apprentice lineman
Mmm

Satan agrees. Once these boomers start fucking off medical is where you want to be. Lel at these kike shills saying join the military tho

Midwest building trades do well. Plus homes and land are cheap. Little to no ghetto trash either unless you go to big shittys. Illinois is fucked though

I mean if you think you can cut it in STEM, sure. Its going to be difficult because you said none of it interests you at all. I would join the military if I were you. You could get out and still be only like 25 years old.

Crawling around in a ceiling? To fix an air conditioner? Are you a fucking retard?

Attached: D1589FD0-F421-4137-9C8A-CFBDDE19443D.gif (530x257, 3.14M)

Aviation Maintenance Technician's are in high demand (A&P).

Takes a little bit of schooling, but it will pay off. Plus its fun as hell.

>Someone post the video where the double amputee clears the wall by himself while all the women sit there and pout and complain it's too hard.
fuck off with your reality. it's all you men can go by.

They do get paid a lot, because they get fucking fried all the time. Hazard pay.

And i could have made a lot more. I know Journeyman in CA and Washington who make over over 250k

Attached: muh fx4.png (569x669, 502K)

Then your college or trade school is paid for.

Don’t forget the VA assisted mortgages and VA health benefits

Carpentry is fun also, and you can learn it on the job starting as a laborer.

The market is down still, but maybe its coming back. Plus you can build your own house someday.

That’s a room temp IQ trade cuck truck if I’ve ever seen one

That's an old school thing. They don't put air conditioning in unfurnished attics anymore. If you are doing electrical troubleshooting or renovating someone's lighting that could involve attic work.

FUCK OFF AND DIE

Jealous incell. Must be tough knowing i make more money that 98% of 4 year grads. shit, by the time im 22 i will be making more than doctors.

Any advice on getting into that line of work? Around Maryland?

Just google Lineman schools in your area. I went to Northwest lineman College in Idaho. It's only a 15 week program and i had a job before i had job interviews lined up before i even got back to my home state. Do your research. If you're afraid of heights or aren't physically fit, this wont be for you

Attached: NWLC.png (926x1186, 1.18M)