Ask a 31 year old who was a firefighter/paramedic for 10 years, and is now an alcoholic on disability, anything...

Ask a 31 year old who was a firefighter/paramedic for 10 years, and is now an alcoholic on disability, anything. Advice to improve appreciated.

Attached: 1550736468899m.jpg (1024x701, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VJ3v2oGm6Sk
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post body.

Whats more important cardio or muscles for firefighting?

Learn coding

Get ya fucking ass to an AA meeting and sort ya drink problem, then you will magically find the rest of your life starts falling into place.

Posted.

Probably mostly cardio & decent amount of functional strength

While not entirley opposed, seems like a job that'll fade out quick with AI technology, and don't even know where to start.

Haven't tried it but would prefer to do it on my own. I don't wanna quit drinking completely. Maybe like once a week at most. Hoping as I transition into healthier lifestyle I will want it less. Have a lot of anxiety/stress management issues is main reason I do it though.

Are you on disability because of alcohol or did you turn into an alcoholic because of you're on disability?

Sorry thought it attached to last reply

Attached: Screenshot_20190221-025450_Gallery.jpg (786x788, 378K)

What injury ruined your career

Dude you look like shit, cut now.

I've struggled with alcohol on and off since my late teens. Moved out from my parents who were alcohol Nazis when I just turned 29. Always snuck it before then. Once I had the freedom to drink whenever I wanted it became an increasing problem. I'm on disability for mental health issues and also the fact that I'm a heavy sleeper and wake up extremely disoriented sometimes, and the fire department I was currently working for refused to accommodate it by having someone make sure I'm awake when an emergency came in despite us working 24 hour shifts where we had to sleep.

Don´t be a tit, you are just prolonging the agony by thinking you can do it alone and that you will be able to drink like an ordinary person one day. It´s all bollox.

Sorry matey but surrendering and total abstinence is your only way forward. Every other direction will cause you pain and resentments in the long run.

Mental issues. See Sad part is as long as I've been off work my strength has went to shit too. Really don't care how I look as much just want to be functionally strong & in good cardio shape. Thinking about starting SL5X5 soon to get back into shit. Haven't worked out in like 2 or 3 years.

I know I can't drink like an ordinary person. But life is short and I love alcohol too much. Maybe one day I'll give it up totally, but for now I at least need a day or two a week I can get blitzed I'm working down to. It's that or pop Xanax to deal with my anxiety to the point I don't stroke out.

You are on disability because you couldn´t wake up for work ???

Yes life is short, but it will be even shorter if you keep drinking and start popping pills.

Alcohol is a shit-tier drug, get a better drug or get addicted to something less harmful like tider.

I'm on my work's disability for depression, anxiety/panic disorder, PTSD, and an unspecified sleeping disorder, which yes is because I couldn't wake up for the bell when we had emergencies. How the fuck can I do my job, that I spent 4 years of education to achieve when I have gotten to the point I physiologically sleep so heavy that I cannot wake up for that bell. I have no qualifications or training for any other job, therefore I qualify for the disability plan.

Do work know you drink heavily?

Already pretty much take half a mg of Xanax every other day, because I drink every other day and days I don't drink I feel anxious AF.

Wtf is tider

>& in good cardio shape
good cardio shape has little excess fat

What would have to happen in your life for you to not want to drink? Asking for a friend who has the symptoms of alcoholism.

All your problems are of your own making.

No they not. Take a fucking grammar lesson dipshit. If you read the thread anyways you wouldn't have asked such a fucking dumb question.

No shit dumbfuck that's why I said I'd like to work on it.

Stress free job that pays hella, girl who gives me any kind of sexual satisfaction I want, family who isn't so needy. Bout it to relieve most of my stress.

Thanks Dr. Phil. You don't know the half of it but go sleep easy thinking you're intelligent.

alcohol doesn't really help with sleep you know. you're sabotaging yourself

I'm aware. Have seen multiple sleep doctors & am of medical profession.

I will choose to ignore that and not start a Flame war because I work a 12 step program of recovery that stops me behaving and acting like you.

I hope you find recovery sooner rather than later in your life.

Hmm then it must be his gf, he complains about her often

Me too. Thanks buddah.

TF you talking about? Is everyone here so fucking retarded they can't make sensible or contiguous replies?

A drunk bum is giving shit to a person on Jow Forums for using bad grammar. Your drunk ass should probably assume he is not even a native English speaker giving you are posting at 4am. Have another drink, it is clearly making you a great person.

I’m saying my friend is probably drinking cuz his gf is giving him a reason, calm down bro

Sorry for hatefulness just tired of dipshits in the thread who can't form a sensible reply.

I am a great person thanks. Part of my mental issues is I always put myself last over others. I'm a people helper/pleaser
Just get annoyed by tards.

I'm calm AF, my bad for misinterpreting bro.

>makes thread whining about his miserable life
>still acts uppity and insults other people
Your character is shit and your thread is useless. If you want to change, read the sticky and stop being such a manchild. If not gtfo, nobody cares about your retarded life.

no need to apologise. I am only trying to help you.

Really man, you need Rehab and AA, All you problems are stemming from drinking. That´s it.

But if you want to know why you drink, stop drinking.

Wanna fight?

I will fucking end you kid give me a reason. Midwest America the land where lethal self defense is legal.

So once you figure out why you drink, then what do you do?

Are you not aware that we are the other side of the world?
Threats don´t really work very well on the Internet.

WRONG. He drinks because he is a bad person. His parents clearly saw he was a looser and cracked down on his drinking. So he moves out and fucks his own life up. He even lies on Jow Forums claiming he is a great person when all he does is lash out at people. I hope everyone else in this thread can learn form this drunk and become better people.

Change your behaviours.
Really man get to an AA meeting, then sit down quietly, keep your ears open and ya mouth shut.

Let's meet up I'm 30 south of St Louis I will destroy you you snotty condescending fuck. No wonder you're talking shit other side of the world ass bitch.

living the dream OP

You're so intelligent. I'd fuck the shit up out of you in person pussy ass internet shit talking bitch

Thanks bro I'll think about it.

You're trolling or legit mentally ill. Either way, I'm out.

Intelligent enough to be a gun carrying teetotaler. My life is going pretty great. Have fun with the drinking and rage issues.

Real tough gotta use a gun. Do you still have your hymen or did it break from using so many dildos because you're 25 and still alone?

I said I was mentally ill in the thread. God the majority of people are so fucking dumb here.

If you are looking for help, going round insulting people isn´t the right thing to do.

Says the guy that drinks his problems away. I CHOOSE to carry a gun because I am a sober person that can make sound decisions. I don't allow ruffians to try to ruin my life, nor drugs or alcohol.

Well if people weren't so fucking lacking in common sense I wouldn't have to. Fuck this. I'm out. Let the thread self destruct because it's been too long for me to delete it.

Get to a fucking meeting today.

Whatever helps you sleep at night ya dicklet. Your girlfriend will probably tell you that you both should start seeing other men soon LOL. I'm out.

You lack the sense not to be a drunk. Also if the people her are so stupid why are you asking for their help?

This is Jow Forums, it is best to assume all on this board are homosexuals until said otherwise.

Some people just should be put down. They cant be helped and only cause suffering for themself and the people around them

How many times did you cheat on your wife as a fireman?

You look like Alex Jones. How the fuck do people end up with a huge square belly? Is that really alcohol or is it just food? My belly has never been square when I was fat, it was roundish

There will always be stress in your life. Man up and bear it. Avoiding conflict and drinking your pain away is only going to keep you on the downward spiral until quitting alcohol can be literally lethal.
youtu.be/VJ3v2oGm6Sk

You have potential on the jawline. Gotta lose the weight though, bet you were a ladykiller

Second this. Admitting you’re a alcoholic + doing it alone = won’t work

Former fire here, definitely don’t have the same experience as you but over the few years I acquired lots of paramedic fire guys who went to sober life, doing it alone never fucking helps. Goodluck

dumass

What's your job?