If instead of captchas they required you to solve a math problem before posting the koality of r9k would improve tenfold

If instead of captchas they required you to solve a math problem before posting the koality of r9k would improve tenfold

no more sex threads
no more relationships threads
no more drama and gossip threads

a utopia for the intellegent outcasts of society

Attached: sir-isaac-newton-9422656-1-402.jpg (1200x1200, 61K)

people would just google the question

discussing anything not math related with stemfags is the worst thing ever, and this thread is a prime example

BUt it produces dopamine in my brain to learn new things about science

I like going on khan academy.

why don't you fuck off back to khan academy then

Because I like all humans require social interaction in the real world people do not enjoy discussing these things only on here they do

probably
these incel newfags are fucking dumb

make a quora account then

aGreeed
they are drug addicts but for sex and thats all they think, talk and care about jesus christ pewdiepie, wave titan and r3ddit need to cease their existance for telling them about this place

>khan academy
Nice bait, zoomer

I already do but my desire is to find a close relationship with a person who lives near me and we will be best friends like at the level where if he kills someone i dont tell and vice versa. Not that I desire to end someones life though

What's wrong with it? I'm not him, but I found it really useful. Got through my math course in under a week with it.

>"op is a faggot"
>spends fifteen seconds writing "op is a faggot" on the screen with a pen tool while mouthing the syllables under breath

the videos take centuries to complete and they should just have it formatted in text
however i cant find a text version

Yeah, but you can usually skip through them. I'd also really prefer a text version, though.

People would just post with Wolfram Alpha open. I'd like to see what this board would be like with higher post timers, though. A post a minute seems kind of crazy: if the posts on this board were well written there would be no way you could read through even just the OP of a thread or a single decent reply and formulate a well crafted response in that span of time, so setting the timers higher ought to encourage a higher caliber of posts. And Jow Forums is precisely the board on which to try it: its purpose was experimental to begin with.

what city, oregano poster?

my experience with post timers is that i'll make a dumb shitpost on /tv/ every 60 seconds, and then when someone asks a question on /diy/ i just queue up a reply to that and go back to shitposting. all you'll be doing is adding a lag to when those posts actually show up on the board, hampering conversations.

Length doesn't mean quality. You can write a long /x/ tier schizophrenic gibberish for example. Besides, sometimes things are better brief, rather than long.

>tfw mathlet
>tfw takes me an inordinate amount of time to do single-digit addition in my head

The board might die. Like it or not, shitposts are the lifeblood of Jow Forums. Even the most active generals would be bumped off under 50 replies if every response had to be well thought out. Besides, shit like this took under a minute to write out, and although it's not an intellectual masterpiece, it's not really shitposting either.

I feel you, but that's not the same thing as being bad at math. I breezed through basic math courses because I could just instantly visualize the answer in simple problems, but when you get to more advanced stuff, I lagged behind and the ones who had failed basic courses started taking A:s.

Wizchan is thatta way

>only justice, intellect, volumes of the mind! Not perversions, of the feet.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1080x720, 52K)

>all you'll be doing is adding a lag to when those posts actually show up on the board
Good, fewer mindless shitposts is an improvement
>hampering conversations
No, I'd say it's just the opposite: it would give more space for actual conversations to occur.

I'm not suggesting some kind of post length minimum. You wouldn't have to write for minutes on end, but hopefully knowing that you have to wait a while before posting again you'd bother to put more thought into your posts, regardless of the resultant length.

>The board might die.
If activity really dropped to nothing the post timers would simply be reverted. But I sincerely doubt it would die.
>Even the most active generals would be bumped off under 50 replies if every response had to be well thought out.
Bumped off by what, exactly? Every other post is subject to exactly the same conditions.
>Besides, shit like this took under a minute to write out, and although it's not an intellectual masterpiece, it's not really shitposting either.
I'm not just interested in curbing shitposting: that's a very low bar to set. Improving post quality means encouraging people to develop their thoughts and think through what they're saying.

If you want constructive debate, I'd advise you to seek out debate forums. I'm not saying "this is Jow Forums, can't have conversation here", but what you want out of the site is very different from what most others want.

Im pretty sure you arent in this thread nymore but washington state

You can have a conversation with a less frequent back and forth. And taking a step back toward the forums that predated imageboards would be a step in the right direction: this place has gotten too much like an IM conversation and not enough like a forum exchange. If that's what you want you can find it on /b/ or /s4s/, or if you're so intent on it being here then an off-topic slowposting board could be created, but I see no reason why Jow Forums as it exists right now should be preserved.

I live in the republic of beringia

Approve this

Attached: img_eggsif_4011132327276964235.jpg (1000x800, 66K)