/qtddtot/ questions that don't deserve their own thread

>ctrl+f
>no qtddtot

if i cut out nearly all refined sugar and fruit, honey etc. will i recover faster and and have less mood/energy swings? edition

Attached: qtddtot.jpg (259x194, 8K)

misc >>>>>>>> /r9k 2.0/
aka this board

I want to switch to a, I guess would be called, pescetarian or pesco-vegetarian diet. Basically, veganism + fish so that I don't have to eat a shitton of seeds and nuts (I've been raw vegan before).
Any tips? Is it a bad ideea? Seems good on paper.

Attached: lunch-2148346_1280-2.jpg (1280x854, 363K)

>can't even lift 5lbs on a standard barbell when doing ohp

Any other way to get stronger on ohp besides just doing it? I hate being weak. I'm 5ft 7 and 112lbs b t w if that matters.

Attached: 1525482962944.jpg (2560x1707, 1001K)

maybe you should try eating

ex fitizen here
i will be cutting this month so i need suggestions.
give me a food that is good for ~50g of protein and no more than 400 calories.

Attached: 11292699.jpg (960x635, 101K)

I'm trying, eating more than I used to and I stopped starving myself(I eat my breakfast at 5 AM so I get hungry at 9 AM, always ignored it and I would just let my self starve).

I work out and diet yet my stomach fat and love handles won’t go away. Will diet pills help that fat go away.

fake news, everyone knows Harsh never weighed this much.

am I supposed to be doing ohp and bench on the same day? Doing either for 4 sets makes the next impossible without dropping the weight by a significant amount

Attached: 1542919972222s.jpg (250x246, 5K)

35g protein each pot
Omegas
Monos
You name it

Attached: IMG_20190316_094253508.jpg (2448x3264, 1.98M)

neck yourself fag

What is a good cut rate for 1m75, 70kg.
I am loosing ~0.5kg/week and I think it might be too much.
Haven't lost strenght at the gym tho.

My bro and I share a room in our apartment and there's very little space between our beds, with no kind of divider or anything. Despite what we'd previously discussed, I realized that he's been making out and hitting bases with his gf whenever she stays over, whenevr they assume I'm asleep.

Maybe it's just me but that feels like I'm actually getting cucked and it makes me uncomfortable, so I talked to him about it yesterday and he promised he'd quit. She slept over again last night, I was in my own bed again and now I'm super paranoid about it. Is it autistic of me to ask him today if anything happened again? I feel like I've lost the ability to trust him or anything he says about the matter.

Attached: drink.png (1280x913, 956K)

So what should I do after losing a decent amount of weight? By about the first week or two of May I will have lost 40 lbs and will be 5'10" 160 lbs. I've made some gains, but as you can imagine they have been kind of minimal. Do I lift while eating at maintenance? Extremely slight surplus at like +100-200 calories over TDEE? I'm just scared about gaining back to much fat.

Is life even worth living if you can't get an attractive white woman?

Attached: e284d9db41da20417e73a1783f9af5a36e9d348c.jpg (600x350, 23K)

How do I increase my power levels Jow Forums?
Been lifting for 9 months and I can't even hit 1pl8 (all 4x10)

Attached: 153e354bf081669781670170160.gif (500x281, 346K)

1pl8 in what? I assume OHP? Eat more. Try a different type or progression.

>OHP
I wish it was just that. I can't bench, squat 1pl8.
I avoid deadlifts because I have fucked up back (Kyphosis and Scoliosis)

I won't pretend like I know how those two diseases affect lifting, but I would take a serious look at what you're eating and what your program is. Not being able to squat or bench 1pl8 after 9 months would indicate you are doing something critically wrong.

will lifting make me gay or does that just come with the territory

Is there a limit for how many excerises per muscle group you should do in one gym session? Im doing like 5 for both chest and tricep, is that too much as a natty beginner

Pretty active in my teens and early 20's
Now I'm 32 with constant shoulder pain. Any idea what it could be?

Asked last thread but it died before it got answered. I've got a sprained wrist and possibly a light concussion, I've taken the past week off from the gym but I still don't feel 100%. Haven't been able to get to a doctor to get checked yet because my uni's student health center closes really early. Can I get back to the gym this week anyway or do I have to take a longer break?

Wtf is a bro split?
Everyone in the gym does it and they look great.

Attached: Is-The-Bro-Split-a-Myth_.jpg (560x290, 154K)

Working out first thing in the morning before breakfast, is it a bad idea?

Attached: kc1sgJ2gWIEEvDQkQZR3Eg5odOceSO8XoUnl3XbOOhI.png (415x518, 186K)

Help please.

I can lift 10 pounds 50 times. Am I tuff yet?

Attached: Kwstn.jpg (350x370, 71K)

thread about girls who lift: deleted
thread about cum: leave it be
well done janny

Lifting makes you realize you were always gay

As a beginner you can do literally anything and make gains. But as a general rule, the more exercises you do, the slower your progress on all of them. You're better off picking a small number of exercises and doing more sets. 15-25 sets per bodypart per week is optimal.

>4x10
When most people talk about how many "pl8" they can lift, they're talking about 1RM or 5RM. Obviously if you're aiming for 10 reps it's going to take you longer to reach your goal.

How the fuck do I fix hemorrhoids, without going to the doctor's?!

Prep-H and restorolax
That's what my wife had to do after having our babby

on a fullbody routine, should I clean and then ohp or the other way around? I'm equally interested in progressing in each of them

lift with what? your cunt?

are you still training in anyways?
could be muscle imbalance or stress-induced
most likely longer, try doing some unweighted movement then try warming up , if any of it hurts then you should rest

are these shit tier nutrition or is it okay to eat them on a pseudo clean bulk?

Attached: are-rice-cakes-healthy-1296x728-feature.jpg (1155x648, 170K)

empty calories. they also taste horrible

I've been doing SL5x5 for 7 months but I've reached the limit of my noob gains, and now I keep hurting my neck/upper back when trying to do barbell OHP.

Will I get any benefit if I switch to only doing high reps lower weight for this exercise? Like 3 sets of 10-12 and add weight when I can do 12+ on all 3 sets? I feel like this would be safer.

I've had success improving my squat by swapping one day of 5x5 for "50 reps in as few sets as possible."

Does anyone else get bruised up calves from deadlifting? It doesn't bother me, just wondering if anyone else does too.

5’7 112??? u need to fucking eattttt

no you’re in a fasted state aka from when you slept you’d just be using your fat as energy

clean it uses more muscle than your ohp you’ll be gassed for your cleans if you ohp first

>trans fats are banned in the US
>trans fats are still common in snack foods
Well which is it? I know that rule where "if it's lower than 0.5g they can say 0g". But when I read "trans fats were banned in 2018" I assume it's an old rule that no longer applies.

As of right now, 2019, are trans fats actually banned? Or are they still only banned if it's above 0.5g, and if it's lower than that, then they aren't actually banned? I just want to know what crap I'm consuming and it all seems like everything is designed to mislead and confuse.

2 scoops and some milk, faggot

i said food, niggerfaggot

Is there any way to deal with ass sweat except having to always carry a towel around?
It's fucking annoying I barely break a sweat anywhere but my ass is like a river

>it all seems like everything is designed to mislead and confuse
Because it is. Your government WANTS you to be fat, lazy and complacent. Your government WANTS you to be content rolling in filth and mediocrity instead of striving for better. The government WANTS you to stay down and keep making their corporate friends lots and lots of money. Their corporate buddies who own the media, the food companies, the auto manufacturers, and even the ones who own the "health food" industry, promising every few years that this new supplement or superfood can make you not fat anymore with 0 effort on your part, all while the medical industry makes even more fat stacks fixing your broken body. Governments and the corporations that own them WANT to make physical fitness, independence and the forming of informed, reasoned-out opinions as hard as they can, while they keep satisfaction and fulfillment just out of reach to keep you chasing it, dragging them and their friends along behind you. Wake up, assholes.

When I do shit the right way (slight caloric deficit, lifting, cardio) I feel like I’m not making any progress and spinning my gears. But trying to do shit like fasting I can see progress but I feel like I’m just gonna end up skinnyfat. What the fuck do I do? How do I deal with seeing no differences for weeks when that’s the only real issue. Makes me discouraged and freak out feeling like I’m doing shit wrong

I'm the same that I'm cutting right but afraid I end up losing all my muscle.with +100 above tdee you are going to gain lean mass but very very very slowly you should be thinking more like +400 or 500. but you just monitor yourself if you dont gain weight you eat more if you gain too much you it less

Help. Me. Fix. This.

Attached: 753CAE67-8DAC-4456-8FFF-7B737136EC3E.jpg (1333x1362, 236K)

its like 70% carbs (no sugar). I eat simple sugars and carbs centered around gym time. before gym to give me energy to work out harder and right after with high protein to spike insulin and fill up depleted glycogen stores.

I'm 5'8 165lbs. Just starting lifting. Do I need to eat a calorie surplus to gain muscle or can I just do my daily required for maintenance.

Is the mode on the guy in the middle achievable natty?

Attached: tarrant white power.jpg (1566x881, 158K)

Pro tip: eat less.

I am but I feel like it’s doing shit all man. Brb get down 10lbs look exactly the same

I've been doing a push/pull/leg/upper four day split for a while now and I'm about to switch over to a 3-day full body routine. I usually get fatigued as fuck during my current workouts since they all basically work the same muscles for 1-2 hours, which is why I want to make the switch as I feel my progress is being impacted by it. The 4-day routine was put together by one of the gym staff since it's part of the membership for them to make one, there's like 10+ exercises for each day. I'm still a novice, am I making the right call by switching?

What you eat also matters, I used to be a fatty too but now I've slimmed down; lost 90 pounds, 230 to 140. If you're eating like shit then it will definitely impede your weight loss goals as you won't be getting the good shit your body needs. All you gotta do is eat healthy food that you like, get enough protein, and maintain a 500 calorie deficit. Otherwise, you will not make it, period. Godspeed, user.

Also forgot to mention that depending on your current weight, 10 pounds won't make much of a difference. A larger amount will be much more noticeable, it takes time.

How long do you think it will take to go from the above pic to 15% bf or lower? Or rather to really start looking better

That’s if I do Strong lifts/SS to maintain what I haven’t lost, eat in a 500-1000 cal deficit and walk a couple hours each day. Like 3-4 months?

How can I change clothes/go to the shower in a nonchalant way so that nobody will notice I have a small dick? I'm doing cold showers and it's embarrassing

Any recommendations for good total body programs or criticism of what I've been doing so far? Been going for 3 weeks, now starting off slow and easy. I let my self get pretty weak from working a desk job all day and doing hardly any physical activity. This is what I've been doing so far.
Planning on moving to bench/squats/deadlifts instead of machines once I've built up some strength but not sure if it's worth the wait.

Attached: Screenshot_20190316-152555.png (1440x2880, 305K)

First time lifting, how do I figure out what my first work set weight should be?

What if I changed all lifts from 5x5 to 3x12? Except probably deadlifts. Is that a sensible thing to do?

Does running hard work your glutes a good bit? Like I've been doing 2 half mile runs (each take like 3:40-4min because I'm a slow fat built) twice a week and then about 20mins of cycling after for the past few weeks and it's one of the only changes I've made and I've noticed this past week that my glutes look much more perkier in the mirror. The only other change I've made is I've been doing high rep (but still heavy) leg presses (like 4x15-20) because injuries are preventing me from squatting, but my feet placement is near middle and I barely reach 90 degrees down if I do at all.

Ditch the machines, start SS or some variation of it to build strength. And learn proper form for barbell training.

ZMA/Multivitamins and L-Arginine, are they memes, or will they help with my cut? Also, does L-arginine legit benefit erections?

Hard to say man, but don't try to lose all of your weight too quickly. I got lucky, but most people who lose weight fast get way worse loose skin than they would have if they took it slower.

Read the sticky dumbfuck

Look in the ingredients list for partially hydrogenated oils of any kind. If they're present there's trans fat. If not you're probably good to go. If you're still worried look up the product online.

eggwhites

thanks

what app do the autists of the board (t. all of you) use to track your workouts? It's time for me to graduate from a spreadsheet to something that looks nicer

How do you walk properly?
I feel some imbalances when walking, and i think i extend my legs too much

I just track them using a basic note app that comes with my phone. Why do you need anything fancier?

Beginner here, have been lifting for about 6 weeks with dumbbells and an adjustable bench.
There was a workout plan that came with the bench, which I adapted. It's basically like this:
>Day 1, chest and biceps, 2-3 different workouts for each
>Day 2, rest day
>Day 3 shoulders and legs, again 2-3 different workouts for each
>Day 4, rest day
>Day 5, back and triceps, again 2-3 different workouts for each
>Day 6, rest day
>repeat

I spend about one hour on each muscle group, so two hours total every second day.
So I'm wondering, is it OK like this, to build up some basic strength and later adapt a more challenging training schedule over the week?
Or is it just a waste and I could be doing something way more effective for starting out?

I'm a slightly overweight skinnyfat, been to the gym for a month with a good diet and made great gains. Thing is, this extra fat is bothering me. Do I just keep pushing or start a cut while still going to the gym.

Is a burger and fries bad for you if you're bulking as a beginner?

Can muscles get DOMS from heavy cardio even if they are already used to heavy lifting?

yes
no
depends on your stats, you'd better milk out your noob gains before cutting

>stats
Needless to say lifts are ridiculously low, gained 1kg on 2k cal diet, oddly enough (recomp?). I do feel like I need to eat more if I wish to progress now, but the belly fat's a killer.

Suggest a 10 minute or so stretching routine for me to do after workouts. I need more flexibility.

Progression is clean and easy

You'll get belly fat regardless bro, just keep progressing, you can cut later

What pre-workout without stimulants do you use?, I go to the gym and then straight to bed

Do you get noob gains again if you have previously lifted, taken a hiatus, and then resume? I have taken a few years off lifting and am getting back into it. 6 years ago i was deadlifting and squatting 4 plate and benching 3 plate at 220lbs. I don't plan on getting close to those levels because now that I'm older I don't want to snap my shit up

>tfw initial doms is over

Attached: comfy.png (459x305, 218K)

I've been having wrist and elbow pain recently. There's a popping/clicking sound when I rotate my wrist. Wtf is going on?

What's a good home leg workout for someone that can't safely squat at home? Do I need to squat if I want actual leg gains?

For sprints, I've seen people say to relax your shoulders. When I practice arm swings my deltoids start to feel fatigued. Am I too tense? I don't see how you can swing your arms without using your shoulders.

Don't warmup on a cardio machine look into dynamic warm ups/stretches they're probably the best warm to active motor neurons and muscles while decreasing chances of injury

I've gotten back into strenuous exercise after a year or so of not really doing much. After I work out hard I get light headed and have sharp pain in my head. Should I get this checked out? (I don't do any overhead stuff or super heavy lifting) It's odd since I don't feel it while working out, it's only afterwards. I'm not sure if its just a conditioning thing. I also had a concussion a few years ago, so I'm not sure if that affects it either.

unless i let the bar come down fast on bench it hurts my right shoulder. i have to deactivate my shoulders to lower it basically, same thing with pushups, lowering it slow just hurts. pushing up is fine though. what am i doing wrong?

If I am a fatass (6'0 245) should I get thinner and then start lifting or should I just lift along with the cardio I'm already doing

I want to summit Mt Adams n Rainier this summer but my endurance fucking sucks, will I make it if I fill a backpack with say 30 pounds and just run up and down my buildings staircase every day?

I have flexibility issues that I'm working on, and until they're resolved, I'm doing box squats. After recording my deadlift today, I noticed that I'm having rounding issues there too. Should I pull from blocks or just not bother with deadlift at all? If I pull from blocks can I create imbalances somewhere?

how long does it take a skinny fag at 125 pounds 5'9 to gain 20 pounds if on a decent 5/3/1

why does everyone come down on keto so much here but promote prolonged fasting? doesn't it have the same effect on your body?

Anybody got a good 5 day workout routine?

What's a Jow Forums approved belt?

this achievable with just Test ?

Attached: 1552339304752.jpg (480x360, 19K)

How fast can I lose 5 lbs? I am 5'2", 23, and weigh currently 130. I fit the same pants size as I did when I was 120 (size 4), but I don't like seeing 130 on the scale and someone learned my new weight and sounded disgusted. With fasting or intermittent fasting, how long should this take?