Why aren't you eating 6000+ calories a day on a low carb diet to build lean muscle and lose fat?

Why aren't you eating 6000+ calories a day on a low carb diet to build lean muscle and lose fat?

>In a modern twist to the classic overeating experiments, Feltham decided that he would eat 5794 calories per day and document his weight gain. But the diet he chose was not a random 5794 calories. He followed a low-carbohydrate, high-fat diet of natural foods for twenty-one days. Feltham believed, based on clinical experience, that refined carbohydrates, not total calories, caused weight gain. The macronutrient breakdown of his diet was 10 percent carbohydrate, 53 percent fat and 37 percent protein. Standard calorie calculations predicted a weight gain of about 16 pounds (7.3 kilograms). Actual weight gain, however, was only about 2.8 pounds (1.3 kilograms). Even more interesting, he dropped more than 1 inch (2.5 centimeters) from his waist measurement. He gained weight, but it was lean mass.

Attached: theobesitycode.jpg (3024x3024, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atwater
fao.org/3/Y5022E/y5022e04.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16277792
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763382/
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what does 6k low carb calories look like?

Retardation

Feltham ate mostly almonds which have a much lower Atwater factor than originally assumed and furthermore cause calorie malabsorption of everything else by up to 20%. Therefore, he didn't absorb thousands of calories he ingested.

lmao the double-digit IQ ketard crew

Attached: 1504229720814.png (477x477, 195K)

>Therefore, he didn't absorb thousands of calories he ingested.
So you're telling me CICO is a meme?

No since CICO refers to calories that enter the bloodstream. Get your noggin joggin and you'll get it

>what is water weight
I gained literally 12 lbs in in 24 hours last thanksgiving

It isn't just carbs that are like this, "clean" calories in general are great. I eat zero junk food and don't drink soda and it took me 5000 calories per day just to gain 1lbs per week. If what you're eating is good you can eat as much as you want and not get fat

This. You can't dispute math. If your calorie intake is higher than you burn, you gain weight. Unless you shit out half digested food which can happen as this user stated or your calculations are wrong.

>CICO refers to calories that enter the bloodstream
lmao literally no one refers to CICO as that you slimy fuck

>If your calorie intake is higher than you burn, you gain weight
Obviously. The point being made is that our calculations for what the intake and outturn amount to are inaccurate

In the gross CICO works fine (just like BMI) because most people don't get half their calories from cellulose. On an individual level it's important to factor in the actual foods consumed and the body's response to those foods. Hypothetically, a white population would, on average, gain significant weight if they were fed 4000kcal of milk every day. The same experiment, repeated for a black or east Asian population, would see significantly lower weight gain.

This lowcarb paleo shit was started as a meme online so Hollywood celebs who use roids could explain their radically different body composition.
And alas it’s still there, right along mastubation and women stealing your vital energy.

No, the book claims it's due to insulin, with the assumption that all calories are absorbed, whereas it's actually because the Atwater factors for nuts assumed in the US nutrients database are wrong.
Most ketards never heard of Atwater factors, so here are some fun facts that will trigger them:
Sugar has fewer calories than starch.
Fructose has fewer calories than glucose.
Animal fat has more calories than plant fat.

>Sugar has fewer calories than starch.
>Fructose has fewer calories than glucose.
>Animal fat has more calories than plant fat.
these aren't "facts", they're meaningless statements

the only place that calories fall short is that harder to digest food comes out as higher in calories than the energy you get out of them in reality, to 100 cals of chocolate is gonna give you more energy than 100 cals of potato and 100cals of raw potato would give you less. i don't understand why this is so fucking hard to grasp or why so few people know about it. unfortunately this makes a lot of healthier foods seem worse than they are cos generally

generally healthy foods are harder of slower to digest than shitty processed or sugary ones

Not precisely

The calorie content given in the USDA food composition database (which is what Google shows if available) is based on the specific Atwater factors for a given food item (if available), therefore describing the net average absorption in vivo.

However the calorie content given on food labels in the US and Europe is based on the general Atwater factors (4/4/9 and -2 for fiber), therefore not including net absorption in vivo, even if the food database for the same food item uses specific Atwater factors

i thought the general standard was to put food in a calorimeter. looks like i need to do some atwater research thanks user

>Atwater
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atwater
Whatever you say buddy.

This is a pretty good summary
fao.org/3/Y5022E/y5022e04.htm

i feel like this could be fudged quite easily if the testing body were given some financial incentives by the product company but maybe im too cynical

How are those "fun facts" supposed to "trigger" "ketards"?

I thought people on Keto are very supportive of the fact that CICO doesn't work. Calorie dense animal fats are the healthiest thing you can eat. Keto is all about those healthy saturated fats.

Please explain.

Different macros trigger different hormonal response.

Carbs slow your metabolism, cause fat storage, and prevent fat burning. Carbs also make you hungry.

Fats and protein raise metabolism and promote muscle growth.

i know

>secrets of weight loss
WHAT FUCKING SECRETS? EAT LESS, YOU FAT PIECE OF SHIT.

Been eating 4-6 thousand calories OMAD for over a year now. Put on about 20-25 pounds of lean muscle. Pic related.

Attached: E3D04F96-1A05-47CB-8E64-25CA71A33DA2.png (750x1334, 432K)

I couldn't imagine the shits of a little asian that can't digest lactose forced to consume 4000 calories a day in milk would be like kek

Wrong. Eating less slows metabolism. Your body balances the budget automatically.

The only way to lose weight is to keep metabolism up through fasting or a high fat diet. Or both. Keto+OMAD is God tier.

>2550cals from nuts
you must shit like a cow

hi mom

Dıd you lose body fat?

CICO is a meme. They can't even tell you which calories count.

even if that were true, you can keep the metabolism up with exercise

Animal products count double but you can eat all the vegan white bread and sugar you want ;)

Globetards and muh science still being wrong because philosophy does not equal experiment. Just admit you dont know, faggot. It's better that way. You still have curiosity and a longing for adventure when you admit you don't know.

Wrong. Exercise makes little to no difference.

shit that so many carbs

No it just eating nuts doesn't make you gain weight.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16277792

Its a stupid trick.

If he ate 1,000 calories extra a day of Chicken or Meat he would have gained a ton of weight.

you are exercising wrong

this sounds more reasonable because I maintain on 4k carnivore, when I increased to 5k on only 3 days of the week I gained ~4 lbs in a week.

Hey idiot you are losing weight since you only eating one meal a day, so your eating less than you normally would i.e. restricting calories.

It has nothing to do with faster metabolism.

There has been no study to suggest keto or fasting speeds up metabolism.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763382/
A ton of studies just shows this.

I'm losing weight since I'm fasting 23 hours a day, oh it must be the fasting not the fact that your probably not eating that much due to only eating in a one hour window.

dumbass twink can't eat 5k calories in a meal, LMAO

Ok

>think thin onions protein
>measuring plant proteins as if they are the same thing as london broil or jerky
I think it has the same effect on insulin levels but it definitely doesn't have the same nutritional values as animal protein

Replace the 2.5K worth of nuts to another food and you will gain weight.

>35% carbs minimum
LMAO what a fraud.

Wait so what the fuck calories from nuts dont count as calories? Am I being memed? No wonder I have issues gaining weight. My entire family is perplexed at how much i eat and am able to remain skinny but my diet is super high fat... is this why??

It depends on how much nuts you eat and how well you chew them as well as individual factors. The details are boring and complex but basically most nuts will give you on average only 70% of the calories on the box. (range 50-90% iirc)

Furthermore, if you eat a lot of nuts, it reduces the calorie absorption from all other foods you eat that day by 5-20%, on top of the -30% from the nuts themselves)

Note that this is a very specific case for the food group nuts and for 99% of non-nut foods the calories on the label will be at least 95% accurate

Yes calories from nuts don't really gain you weight. A ton of studies to prove this.

Are you counting your calories, you might not be eating as much as you think. Thin people can suffer from thinking they are eating a ton when they aren't. Similar to fat people thinking they are eating little.

High fat diet will make you fat if you are eating a ton of calories. Just that nuts calories don't really do anything as they aren't digested.

gomad but instead of a gallon of milk drink a gallon of olive oil

Why are only nuts special in that feature?

>nuts

Its probably how hard it is to digest.

Meat is the easiest to digest so your getting 99% of the calories when you eat them.

Milk is similar.

Only carbs can make you fat because only carbs trigger fat storage.

>your
This is the type of braindead moron telling you to eat carbs.

>gomad but instead of a gallon of milk drink a gallon of olive oil

I was actually thinking about it. Oil has like 1000 calories in 100 grams, can you use it as the main source of food in a case of emergency? How long would your digestive track and body last?

Attached: cat.jpg (760x500, 49K)

Nigga i eat like 4 handfuls of almonds a day am i fucking my shit up?

What do you mean?
Also what I forgot, if you blend nuts they will have much higher calorie absorption
It's easier on your wallet too since if you're only absorbing 70% you are actually paying 142% of the labeled price

Interesting idea. I fear you might just get oily diarrhoea, as digestion of fat is so slow. When I nutmaxx and eat a kilo of roasted salted mixed nuts through the day, I tend to wake up in the middle of the night boiling, thirsty & feeling like I am dying of heatstroke. I think all the excess fat that the body can't store without elevated insulin causes my metabolism to increase.

Anyone else do Kilo Of Nuts A Day(KONAD)?

Attached: deluxe-mixed-nuts-roasted-and-salted_3.jpg (1500x1000, 464K)

So what you're saying is we should eat nut butter if we want the calories/nutrients. Thanks

I eat 4000calories a day with less than 20g of carbs per day. works wonderful. poorfags gtfo

enjoy your diarrhea.

Yeah calorie maxing on fat is the best. More energy, improved cognition, better body temperature regulation, and lean muscle gains while losing fat.

Cults nutritionally deprive people to make them more malleable. Anyone telling you to avoid fat wants you to join their cult.

Everyone should read this book even if they aren't obese. It teaches you how to cut fat and gain lean muscle.

SPOILER: Don't eat carbs.

>CICO BTFO
The group that received dietary counseling succeeded. Daily calories dropped from 1788 to 1446 a day—a reduction of 342 calories per day for over seven years. Fat as a percentage of calories decreased from 38.8 percent to 29.8 percent, and carbohydrates increased from 44.5 percent to 52.7 percent. The women increased their daily physical activity by 14 percent. The control group continued to eat the same higher-calorie and higher-fat diet to which they were accustomed.

The results were telling. The “Eat Less, Move More” group started out terrifically, averaging more than 4 pounds (1.8 kilograms) of weight loss over the first year. By the second year, the weight started to be regained, and by the end of the study, there was no significant difference between the two groups.
Did these women perhaps replace some of their fat with muscle?

Unfortunately, the average waist circumference increased approximately 0.39 inches (0.6 centimeters), and the average waist-to-hip ratio increased from 0.82 to 0.83 inches (2.1 centimeters), which indicates these women were actually fatter than before. Weight loss over 7.5 years of the Eat Less, Move More strategy was not even one single kilogram (2.2 pounds).

>Howard BV et al. Low fat dietary pattern and weight change over 7 years: the Women’s Health Initiative Dietary Modification Trial. JAMA. 2006 Jan 4; 295(1):39–49.

>Eating less slows metabolism.
>keep metabolism up through fasting
you just contradicted yourself. eating less slows down metabolism(assuming your body is not in high stress high demand mode i.e basal metabolic rate) which means fasting slows you down. exercising speeds up metbol.

technically he is correct in practice not so much.
>glucose molar energy: 2,805 kJ/mol (670 kcal/mol)
>fructose molar energy: 2,827 kJ/mol(675,6 kcal/mol)

I bulked hard on keto once and still gained fat, how tf do you explain this? Compared with past bulks at the same amount of calories and exercise, I gained only 1.1 lbs less on the keto diet, gaining around 30 lbs on both bulks

>Fung
>MD

post body before and after

Go back to school

Read a book.

Fasting raises metabolism. Calorie restriction lowers metabolism.

youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

Attached: LEAF_CHEESE_SMUGGLERS.png (976x942, 418K)

Imagine I ate thousand of calories of raw food; the bio-avilability of those calories is low (therefore you dont gain weight).

One of the many reasons CICO is bogus.

GOOO

>eat a shit ton of salt
>it must be the insulin!!!
yup probably champ

What exactly do you think is wrong with salt?

Imagine being so fucking stupid that you only just realized that not all calories of all foods contribute to weight gain, and thinking that CICO was literal this entire time and not a shorthand for lowering overall consumption.
Why are Ketards such fucking morons?

wrong.

it’s basically a fake holistic fitness cult at this point, fat people don’t understand how their metabolism works so they blindly follow a meme diet and briefly lose some weight before stuffing their faces again.

it’s kind of scary but also funny to think there are people who actually believe this. unless you have a food allergy or are bullemic you absorb calories from food regardless of fiber or macro content. i’m sorry your meme broscience instructor lied to you.

basic evolution but people just want to ignore it
the human who is able to absorb more calories from his food will be able to survive longer

Because I'm not a fucking idiot and that many calories will still make me bloatmax

What does your body do with those calories?

When you eat carbs it stores them as fat. When you eat fat and protein it increases metabolism by building new muscle, hair, nails, increasing cognition, improved temperature regulation, etc.

There is likely an evolutionary reason. Why would a human be eating plants unless they are in a food scarce environment? Carbs trigger "starvation mode" and your body and brain shut down to limit calorie expenditure.

Attached: soy3.png (689x451, 443K)

All the CICO morons do argue it literally. They think BMR is static and measure calories in without regard to how those calories effect hormones.

you're barely even trying any more, you unironically used the term "starvation mode"

Yes. I used it differently from how it is traditionally used.

Are you unable to understand context? Must be the calorie restriction slowing your brain.