What does Jow Forums think about calisthenics?

What does Jow Forums think about calisthenics?

Attached: calimove.jpg (2048x1647, 356K)

I don't think about them at all

Amazing for upper body. You'll never need to touch a weight again. It's absolute dog shit for lower body. The top leg progressions only require mobility and skill. If you can squat ~2pl8 you can automagically pistol squat and shrimp squat. Neither will give you amazing strength or size gains.

calisthenics may look cool, but it makes you weak in the long run

While i agree, pistols and shrimps aren't really viewed as that hard excercises (i think pretty much anyone agrees on this) there are still other excersises like the nordic curl and matrix squats that can get you some decent legs without weights, tho weights are just miles ahead for leg training

Peak athleticism

10/10 feet.

What dyel manlets do to look cool. Has literally no advantage over weights

Harder to measure progress than with weights but honestly much more fun to do. Most people ignore its equipment too so you usually get free reign on your workouts.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 179K)

fun, but way less effective than weights for getting stronger

have you ever wondered why it is called the gym? You don't go to the gym to lift heavy objects, you go to the gym to do gymnastics.

>implying you care about your body, not just pinning and bloatmaxxing

>fun
There's nothing more kino than seeing someone kip/half-rep his pull ups, come up next to him, and then doing 10/10 form hollow body pull ups in greater volume with a exaggeratedly slower speed. It's like finishing a leg press or dead lift and having the guy after you drop the weights by half.

Attached: 1515091159752.gif (352x240, 460K)

I'm aware of the Nordic curl, and I'm actually working up to it myself. Never heard of a matrix squat before now, but thanks for giving me a new goal.

With all this said, I still think lower body calisthenics is valuable, but not for str/size, which it seems like most lifters want

i can squat 140kg at 94kg bw, i cant pistol squat
hoping to get it soon though

When I first started out I was the guy you were styling on. There was this old man who had a similar schedule to me and he would pull that shit all the time. I could tell he was doing it on purpose because he could be in the middle of his program, stop, then do it right next to me. Old fuck was twice my age and twice as fit. One day I was having a bad day and confronted the dickhead about it. Turns out I looked like a spitting image of one of his old buddies back in his marine days and he used to do that shit all the time on him for bantz. Ended up befriending the old fuck from then on and learned a lot from him.

Attached: 1519399828641.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

You have the strength for it, easily. Start practicing from the bottom position

I saw a dude doing those pushups with his feet in the air yesterday. He did like 20 of them for a couple of sets.
He looked like a fucking asshole

based and greekpilled

I hope this is true. I'm planning to do upper body bodyweight only since my left shoulder doesn't like pushing movements. I've been lifting about one year and it's my favorite hobby so I'll keep my gym membership for muh legs and brapper.

jelly, woman or both
bro culture is cancer, but credit where it is due

very good for isometric strength, hips strength & mobility & core work

I hope you heal up fast user. I'll be honest with you though, calisthenics movements can be as straining as weights when you reach the harder progressions. At the very least, you'll be able to insta-bail without risking a barbell falling on you.

tastes gud

Attached: 45 bboy suckadick.jpg (960x639, 47K)

>training makes you weak in the long run

It's the kinda workout the guy in the 3rd grade who would do backflips and he got attention for it but then everyone grew up so he had to try to do other cool tricks to try to get that attention back. Most people think they're obnoxious but any attention is what these guys strive for. I mean who the fuck as an adult has any need to hang sideways from a flagpole other than for people to say wow that was interesting and move on. What do you think is more impressive someone ohp 2 plates or some dude in the corner doing handstand push ups. Which is going to have people going wtf is he doing?

Lol @ this meathead cope. Calisthenics athletes also lift. There's literally no better way to gain strength and size than lifting. Calisthenics work is all skill based, and yes, it does make your girl wet. ;)

cope

>who is nobody patting me on the back for my 3pl8 squat at 300lbs bodyweight :(
Gee, I dunno user.

ITT: dyel snowflakes trying to justify not lifting

Any serious calisthenics athlete lifts.

Take your faggy gymnastics somewhere else g-g-guys look I can do a muscle up while clenching a dumbell inbetween my ass cheeks.

>t.look at those monkey bars I bet I can pretend I'm climbing some invisible steps chicks love invisible stairs

It's a great /COPE/ filter.
Nobody forbids you from doing lifting + calisthenics, but babbies on their first year of lifting still on noob gains and plg bloat toads get angry without any reason.
It's mostly a cope mechanism.
It's always
>b-b-but muh bench, muh squat
>you c-can't build s-s-strength for it
from the people that can't even do a back lever because either they're so uncoordinated or fat that they'd need to take some time out of their schedule and step out of their comfort zone, and admit that they are UNATHLETIC weak fucking sauce.
I doubt most of Jow Forums could do a front lever, and the usual cope is
>b-b-but I have h-heavy legs

It's such a shame since my favorite lift is OHP and because I'm a Finn and going to a gym where I can do calistheincs indoors is quite hard.

Attached: moggg.jpg (900x1357, 324K)

>he can't do a proper muscle up without kipping his fat ass over the bar
Someday, buddy. Just keep working on dips and pull ups.

>I can do the best front lever I get all the practice when my boyfriend power bottoms.

Can you do a front lever, user?

I do muscle ups because I need all the guys around me to know I can do a muscle up.

>Sounds pretty gay bro

>this amount of cope
Like I said, keep on practicing, and someday you'll do it.

Never tried I try not to look like an attention seeking cock gobbler in the gym and grown men in childrens jungle gyms should be shot.

So you can't.
No need to be so harsh on yourself, buddeh. You just need to actually start training abs.

Lmao whatever fellas just keep doing your faggy gymnastics and greasing each others groove or whatever just know most people think you look like homos.

t. Angry that he can't show off his 3.5pl8 deadlift to roastie sluts at parties

>keep doing your faggy gymnastics and greasing each others groove or whatever

Attached: 1550999151202.png (480x407, 239K)

Do a combo of calisthenics for upper body and squats, deads, etc for lower body and your physique will be top tier

t. Proving my earlier point that calisthenics are for attention seeking fags who think people are interested in their cool tricks.

It's ok user, you can show off your "very strong" sumo deadlift to the other barafags in your gym. :)

>and greasing each others groove or whatever

Attached: 1525235573132.jpg (319x340, 83K)

today is press day and day 1 of my parallettes for noobs program, how should I change my press day? Only do main lift after parallettes work?

>he says and then goes to cbt
Sure thing, homo.

Gay.

t. mad that he looks dyel and there's not a bench on every street corner to prove that he's daddy's little boy

Im lazy, I suppose its good for upper body but I prefer lifting

It’s more impressive

For parallettes:
>your hardest exercise at beginning (hspu for example)
>then statics for planche (tuck planche, V or L-sit, etc.)
>basics mixed with planche work (push ups, planche leans, plache lean push ups, etc.)

Lift:
>bench or OHP
>dips
>accessories

HOWEVER, you should alternate lifting and calisthenics as A1 and A2 in your program.
You can't mix the volume and intensity that comes with strict calisthenics with lifting/weighted calisthenics.
You need to do them on separate days, or you're gonna burn yourself out/injure yourself/cuck your performance.
Try doing a few sets of your max amount of bodyweight dips and then try to do your weighted dip pr. Chances are, you will fail.
Also, unless you do endurance work, never go full out on the amount of reps. Always have 2 or 3 reps "in reserve".

>You need to do them on separate days, or you're gonna burn yourself out/injure yourself/cuck your performance.

you weren't kidding. I thought I'd hammer out the parallette work easily before I hit the gym but it felt like very little of my lifting strength translated, the only thing I had an easy time on was parallette push-ups and hand-stand parallette push-ups. All the static holds had me sweating like a pig. no fucking way i'll be able to do shit with my work weight today

lifting weights is easier. also, none of the calisthenics guys get big doing calisthenics. they either get big roiding or go natty and hitting the weights. once they have a physique they start a youtube channel. now dummies like you watch every single video trying to find enough workouts to make a 'beginner routine' for calisthenics so you dont have to go to the gym, and it takes 2 hours to get.any actual fitness work done. if you want to progress, lift weight.

Damn thats based

Guetto bodybuilders

I like doing them on break days. It's interesting how a full body workout with the big lifts doesn't quite get everything.

>Anyone with decent aesthetics incorporates calisthenics to some extent
>They are all you really need to do in terms of exercise
>everyone should do them consistently for several months before starting weight training
>I wish there were more calisthenic parks in general
>Lifting leads to better gains but calisthenics will always have its place

kek

dyel: the post

I have a fucked up lower back and left shoulder that makes weight lifting rather difficult or leads to pain, tension, or stiffness in those areas. Because of this I do power yoga three times per week with a light calisthenic routine for warm up and run three times a week with a slightly harder calisthenic routine as a warm-up.

Honestly, it's been the best routine for my daily life.

Based Bronson poster

Its mainly about balance/mobility try shoes with a supported heel. I find it easier to balance if I hold my floating foot with opposite hand

wholesome oldfuck post fren

Why the hostility between weightlifting and calisthenics?

One is inherently alpha the other is what children do during recess.

Retards that won't do both because they're too brainlet to combine them and/or listen to the crowd going
>calisthenics will make you smol
>lifting restricts your mobility
Usually they're all dyels making a religion out of a METHOD OF TRAINING.

2 good things have come out of calisthenics
Pull ups and dips. Meaningless unless you add weight after 3x8 though.

Barbell training is basically necessary for any muscle group those don't touch.

t. 4 months of calisthenics only.

>4 months of calisthenics
Cute.

Attached: hawks-9536.jpg (964x964, 423K)

>thinks lifting a steel bar while laying down is practical

Calisthenicfags genuinely enjoy life more, not having to gorge leads to better organ function. Aside from the fact that they have shit/smol hunter-gatherer legs and no way to unfuck it, the lifestyle change up inflates their sense of superiority over miserable the bloatlords. Kind of like vegans in the first couple of years before their teeth start to fall out.

Lifters are agitated 24/7 and constantly chasing (((gainz))) and adapting to the stresses of the barbell for whatever gay reason. Deep in many hours of struggle they find some kind of greater purpose to the training, in their own minds. They see lads out in the sun, often with decent arms/chest/back but with DYEL legs but they look like they are unironically enjoying life in this state, and this confuses the lifter because only fags and kiddos behave like this in their mind.

Are you shitting me?
If you can't hit every goddamned muscle with calisthenics then you're either fucking retarded or you're trolling everyone here and don't know the first goddamned thing about how the body works.

Calm down buddy. And post your legs/traps

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Kek. This.

>that guy who think he has strong arms but can't do a planche
Always funny.

Dogs

>mfw I lift weights and do calisthenics together in perfect harmony

Attached: 1552756552807.png (344x322, 145K)

You fags are just proving his point, retards. The point of lifting isn’t to show off your super cool lifts. The purpose is to get to a certain point where your body tells the whole story for you. Calisthenics just leaves you looking like a dyel twink so you feel the need to do some fucking stupid pull-up variation at a party where you eventually go home jerking off while Chad who actually lifts is having a threesome

Nice headcanon.
Can't wait for the "girls like fit guys with good """natural"""" shape, not retarded big muscle guys" reply

> Kind of like vegans in the first couple of years before their teeth start to fall out.
kek

Huh? I’m literally saying the girl would prefer the muscle guy who lifts over the twink calisthenics faggot

it is much more fun than plain lifting - but it is not wrong to do both.

waste of time if natural and trying to look big/like you lift.
however you could easily achieve "swimmer mode" body at 140lbs. but women wont think your attractive. youll attract faggots

>lifting for whores
lost and will never make it

What's a good website for calisthenics info/advice? Gonna start doing it instead of accessory lifts.

How's your routine look? Do you start with weights then move to BW stuff? Can I do 3x a week or do you need more?

>The purpose is to get to a certain point where your body tells the whole story for you
Judging from Jow Forums, the story goes something like
>I cope with my fat ass by telling myself that I'm training for strength
>I cope with my skinnyfat physique by telling myself that I'm training for strength
>I cope with my lack of mobility by telling myself that I train for strength
>I cope with my lack of ability to do any calisthenics movement by telling myself that I train for strength
The truth is that most of this fucking board is dyel AS FUCK. Doesn't matter if they do calisthenics, lift, train bouldering, etc. They're all fucking sticks, mediocre, dad bods or straight up fucking fat, while at the same time having the audacity to laugh at everybody else.
Crabs in a bucket.

>if natural and trying to look big/like you lift
Lifting to look big/like you lift while staying natty is straight up pathological delusion.

Not him, but I do
>P1P1L
>P2P2L
>on Push 1 do weighted calisthenics (dips) and harder calisthenics moves (hspu)
>on Push 2 do bench and OHP
>on Pull 1 do weighted calisthenics (pull ups) and progressions for OAP
>on Pull 2 do deadlifts, rows and curls
>on Legs do squats and fuck around like a monkey

I'm working on my muscle up and L sit. I'm just getting used to hollow bodying my L sits which has made things miles easier. Muscle ups are weird though since it's almost a full body movement as opposed to just a bigger pull up.

It's just a pull up + dip, unless you're kipping.

where can i find a good callisthenics routine. my gym just fucked me overand im a poor uni student so cant afford another one.

Attached: 1551597268228.jpg (1080x1080, 185K)

Front and back levers are piss easy and so are planches. They take an afternoon to learn.

Convict conditioning 1, 2, 3
Infinite Intensity and Never gymless
You are your own Gym
Building the Gymnastic body
Power to the people and Naked warrior
Learn how to build a sandbag and the basics of using exercises.

Strength training is ideal for combat sports which is the only sport that matters.

Grappling and wrestling require muscle

Fighters train bodyweight as far as I know

No weight lifting exercise helped me to get lats better than pull ups

Calisthenics is free, safe, can actually help heal people and will make you an all around healthier person.
Weight lifting has a huge cost barrier and isolates itself away from being a mere tool and wishes to make itself into the end all be all goal.

Beware any people who claim to want to make you fit but in actuality just want you to be converts to their narrow approaches to fitness. Weather it be strength training powerlifting etc etc or seeing calisthenics as just a way to do shade tree olympic gymnastics.

Neither of the people who push that thing care about your real goals.