At which point did you realize that strength training is just a meme that will end up breaking your body?

At which point did you realize that strength training is just a meme that will end up breaking your body?

Attached: hjalb.png (300x448, 251K)

Have you tried rubbing some vagisil on your owies because the weight were too heavy?

Come back when the slightest mishap in your form means you could herniate yourself.

> just because other smokers get lung cancer doesn't mean I will! Cancer patients should just MAN UP!!!

Before ever even going to the gym.

i realized this years ago which is why i switched to high reps

You will fuck your shit up if your muscles work in an uncoordinated manner. Don't step into a weight room if you don't address your clumsiness and stiffness.

>he rep squats

Heh, healthy knees are for pussies

Literally a cope thread from a DYEL that went higher than his weak DYEL body could handle.

Just give up kid

I’d rather live for ten more years looking and feeling like a god than fifty more years as a tired, weak fuck.

You’re never going to make it.

t. Weakfag with shit lifts who thinks even a slight deviation causes mishaps

t. Weakfag with shit lifts who fell for the false equivalence logical fallacy

Strength training actually strengthens the body. As far as identifying the happy medium between health and performance, thats yet to be conclusively identified. It seems that constantly pushing your body to the limit can cause more harm than good though. Maybe its better to adapt a more laid back lifting philosophy, not constantly pushing for PRs but just hovering around the same levels for a while and periodically upping the intensity.

I hit 2/3/4/5 and I think OP is right. Every pound you add to a bar carries increased risk of permanent injury, but I guess it's not manlybaconbeard to acknowledge that.
> inb4 2/3/4/5 is "not strong" even though basically 0% of the population ever accomplishes it, even the ones who try

If you lift like a fucking retard, sure, but if your form falls within the last sea of "acceptable" your chances of having a long term injury are slim to none.
>t. 2/3.5/5.5/6.5

>Never hit 2/3/4/5, just chose whatever numbers he thinks are high and still believable.

I generally agree but lets not pretend that low weight routines have the same impact as heavy ones.

Let's not, because I didn't say anything about low weights. Weightlifting is merely a demonstration of explosive strength but muscles have more properties than that, as you probably know, like flexibility, endurance, strength endurance, isotonic, isometric and so on. So what is also necessary is learning more favourable neuromuscular activation patterns and unlearning the ones that are not. Constant joint popping or pain are good indicators for that. So when things are nearly ideal, there will be less risk of injuries and energy will be spent more efficiently which means more strength gains.

Body frame size and steroid use must be taken into consideration, you are one if not both of these.

Post lifts and body

You people sure are absurdly hostile for no reason. It's almost like you are human pollution or something

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Jow Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Jow Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

>implying it works like that
you know you could be hiking and cycling well into 90s if you cared for yourself and don't destroy yourself, right?

this is some pretty obscure pasta

Kill yourself you fucking cock-throated shitstain. Your mom should’ve let your dad stick it in her ass rather than conceive your low-test gay ass niggerfaggot existence. Get the fuck off of my board.

It is pretty obvious, so I guess I realized it all along.

I feel bad for you brainlets, I really do.

i lifted for like two years using starting strength as a base. i did ice cream 5x5. now years later i realize volume and 8-12 reps not only make me stronger but bigger as well. strength athletes only look good when they add in bbing. splits can work and tons of isolations for a bodypart is more effective than huge compound lifts. ripe is a cuck and scooby was right all along

Posts like these are why Jow Forums is lost.

Mental discipline. Not everyone can be strong. You femniggers here prove that every day. Go stretch your boipussies in the thotrack and leave the heavy shit to actual men.

Okay, this is epic

Seriously pls post body. I wanna know what someone who lifts that looks like.

You forgot the motivational greek statue picture you overweight mongrel.