What's one thing you wish you knew before you started working out?

Attached: meirl.jpg (700x368, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webtoons.com/en/slice-of-life/small-world/list?title_no=1159&page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

progressive overload

that just lifting won't get you a gf

Don't forget to tip the receptionist or the gym gang will hurt you after you're weak and sweaty

Attached: ah.jpg (634x342, 45K)

elaborate

dude

Sauce?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Houseki no Kuni - 10 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_06.39_[2018.06.16_22.27.23].png (344x322, 145K)

Proportionally increasing the weight you lift overtime so that you stimulate your muscles to grow. A lot of people in the gym have no form of progressive overload in their routine and they wonder why their physique never changes, they go into the gym freestyle their workout lifting the same weights for weeks or even months. Get some structure for yourself, track your lifts in your phone or on a notebook, it's as easy as that. Once you reach a certain amount of reps up the weight so you expose your muscles to new stimuli. Do this for all compounds, get stronger on those and don't spend too much time on isolation.

lmao0.5pl8
caption is perfect btw

Based

Don't get hurt. Any serious injury will set you back years. Or for life.

compound interest for life improvement

Attached: 1544941311746.png (896x1024, 1.09M)

I think I'm not going to tip the receptionist after all

i love everything about this picture

end your life

but then the gym gang will ambush you

Don't listen to 4channers with less than a
5 years lifting experience who just want to look good because they think that's how you get girls.

I feel like somebody who doesn't know this isn't people.

Start when you are 18 not 28

Attached: 1534502432450.png (749x650, 341K)

what

That it never ends. I'm 4 years in and I'm starting to realize how I'm going to have to keep pushing myself harder and keep doing this for the rest of my life. I love it but I didn't know I would have to make it such a huge part of my life forever.

Pic unrelated, she just cute

Attached: 1552587223258.jpg (920x1404, 283K)

This, I thought it was common knowledge that you lift the heaviest you can always.

>Start when you are 18 not 28
Start earlier.
And for the love of god sit down properly, don't put your legs up on the chair, don't put the rest to the side and lean into it.
I wish I could shout at young me so much.

kys disgusting faggot

Attached: 1541701570717s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

>mfw doing this right now

Attached: 1533073769755.jpg (400x400, 15K)

but its comfy

isn't this common knowledge that as soon as you get slightly good at a certain weight you increase it?

that it doesn't matter

This is what I thought, when he wrote 'progressive overload' i was convinced he meant something else because INCREASE WEIGHT is the basic of the basic

Attached: you are not people.png (500x544, 111K)

It will not improve your life in any meaningful way

Kek, sounds like someone didn’t get big enough for confidence gains and extra respect from everyone.

Rest and warming up are very key

It's not worth pushing yourself to do dangerous weight with leg exercises as your back integrity is most important

You progressively overload

Attached: 1551741665236.jpg (1280x1084, 218K)

cardio is the most important thing for aesthetics unless you are a twig that already does a ton of cardio. fat free sugar free greek yogurt is what you should be eating. a lot of it.

I think it was a comic about /cm/ and Jow Forums.

You will never achieve your goal if you continue to drink alcohol

If you finish a set without feeling your muscles, then you're doing it wrong or too light.

I can’t imagine how fucking stupid you would have to be to not know this intuitively. Even normies that just go to the gym and lift randomly know to do this.

>without feeling your muscles

What does this mean

It's not about the routine, the weight, the protein, the free weights, the machines, the form... It's about never stopping.

>You will never achieve your goal if you continue to drink alcohol

This is true.

>Even normies that just go to the gym and lift randomly know to do this.

A lot of them don't seem to know this at all.

bout to charge your son a cum fee

>sit down properly
Enlighten me

Don't skip neck day. Not even joking

Is it a big deal to have a couple of beers every 2-3 months? It's my dad's b-day tomorrow and we're going to get some really good beer for him, last time I drank was Christmas where I had a couple.

>social skills requires progressive overload, too
>also squat ass to grass

muscles = genetics + hormones + working out*0.1

it's fine, but it undoes 2-3 months of intense work. you'll just keep going back to square one.

hank pls go

>cardio
>for aesthetics

just eat less fatty

oof

The back is the thinking man's muscle and you should dedicate more time to it.

I think what user is trying to say is that if your muscles don't feel tired, or you're not straining your muscles during a set, you're lifting too light

>tfw started when I was 26
ouch

Attached: images.png (212x238, 7K)

underrated post

That it would be so easy to make normies automatically respect you just by getting jacked

you dont honestly believe this do you

This has proven to be not exactly the case but close to it...normies grant you a lot more credence if you’re jacked, given that you don’t act like a stereotype.

Proper form

Of course not. Drinking regularly and getting drunk is what fucks you up.

Successful troll is successful

That only gay Jow Forumsmiscers care about being sub ~13% bodyfat and women just care for you looking generally athletic

Nvm found it.
webtoons.com/en/slice-of-life/small-world/list?title_no=1159&page=1
It's cute

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Houseki no Kuni - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_08.17_[2018.06.15_23.03.42].png (468x408, 282K)

This isnt about achieving something where women go "yeah, that's definitely not a bad body at all". Its about achieving the physique of a fucking Greek God no matter what it takes, to carve yourself out of stone. Anyways that's what keeps me goin, 50 pounds down, 30 more to go till I'm sub 10% body fat.

isnt it pretty standard to lift the same weights for weeks? you're not going to increase your dl by 5kg every week if you are already at 160kgx5.

Normies don't even go to the gym

You also shouldn't do that every workout

YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT

Achieving the body of an idealised statue? You do realise noone back then actually looked like the statues?
The statues where representations of what the greeks and romans visualised the gods to be, their proportions were mathematically pleasing to the eye.
It was an ideal, not a realistic one, thats why the only people you see with those extreme over the top physique are the gods of the Pantheon, Michelangelos' David is what a person should look like imo

Depends on your frame, but that's only an intermediate deadlift unless you're a twink

just stop dude, all that matters at that age is how much you make

fit young girls are only interested in what you can do for them financially and older women only care about how secure you are for children

past 25 its all just cope and if you're still banging kids you should just bang yourself in the head because you're a waste of space

>greek statues aesthetics are unrealistic
ishygddt

Yeah of course I realize that. But that's the mentality I train with, it's the only thing that keeps the crushing reality that I wont look handsome no matter what i do at bay. Can I just train hard as fuck please and pretend that everything will be ok

This is especially true if you are cutting. You should be continuing to up your reps or increase the weight. Cutting is no excuse. You are fucking up bad if you aren't progressing while cutting.

But user, they are, Poseidon and Hercules are unrealistic, they are the JoJo pillar men of the greeks, like their wildest fantasies cartoon muscle men
As i said, the David statue is supposed to represent the optimal human male, that is perfectly reasonable

Aside from have different bone structures and insertions/origins, the muscularity and body fat levels on most greek statues are very achievable provided you do more than calisthenics and eat well. Persistence and recovery accomodation are what do it, not funny routines and six hour arm days. That being said, nobody in a fitness magazine isn't juicing

What if I have limited possibility to add weight? Can I just add more reps, up to hundeds, instead?

Attached: 1552426891000a26b75ed3c2acfb6f769d5a99e1b5a6dfe1975db2df2a1fff0f627b719f9159f4be54fd3ccf2cd811703070 (640x480, 358K)

>jojo
>greek statues
>comparable
You won't look like hercules because you aren't a literal giant, not because you're human

>most greek statues
yes, pic related is achievable but Hercules and Poseidon isn't natty, period point blank

Attached: 2241771cb81e107e9dbe8c6e1c235758.jpg (2733x3722, 801K)

No. Increasing above about 30 reps won't translate into increased strength, and 30 reps is barely stronger than 20 reps at the same weight.

This looks pretty natty to me, a fit dadmode

Attached: Statue_of_Poseidon.jpg (1280x1707, 400K)

Depictions of hercules vary from goofy looking to respectable, but for the most part are reasonable for somebody with comparable ankles and wrists. It is important to be realistic about what your joints will allow, but greek statues are a pretty healthy goal, surprisingly

LINE WebToon comic, but i seriously fucking hate the pink faggot

well for one thing when when first start doing working you grow bigger to be stronger haha

Attached: 1549003806971.jpg (200x247, 13K)

>Jow Forums

Attached: goddamngreeks.jpg (420x700, 25K)

exercise your ass early or you get bad chair posture for life

Proper form

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.

Attached: 1552705042416.jpg (596x369, 24K)

It's better to do a more explosive workout. More sets, with shorter intervals, with slightly less weight and reps.

Full body workouts are better than anything else

The muh genetics isn't real and conversely that my stepmother's portioning was making me fat.

thats not explosive you idiot.

>no '+ diet x 10'
low iq post

tfw 90kg x 5max

Attached: 1551807256053.jpg (450x500, 19K)

Redpilled

Literally everyone goes to the gym where I live. It's the most normie thing you can do.

The gym is the easy part, eating right every single day of the week and sleeping properly is whats difficult