Is the pendlay row perhaps the biggest pleb filter in Jow Forumsness?

Is the pendlay row perhaps the biggest pleb filter in Jow Forumsness?

Attached: images (11).jpg (480x270, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CTBiC_tnjOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More like bentgay row amirite

more like penisgay rows amirite

t. pleb

how do you keep your back flat ? without weights I can keep it flat

Unironically don’t be weak

lift your chest up, push your belly towards your thighs, and keep your hips up. that should have your core, chest, and back activated enough to keep your back straight. if you find this difficult, lower your weight until good form comes easily. "neuromuscular" activation is the name of the game. youtube.com/watch?v=CTBiC_tnjOc

Yes it is

literally the same way you keep your back flat in a deadlift

this is better

Attached: bent-over-one-arm-dumbbell-row.png (1320x727, 388K)

t. another pleb

Enjoy your hernia.

infinitely superior movement. any kind of barbell row is retarded. dumbells all day.

>lift to be strong
>ask how to lift
>"lmao be strong"

Pendlay row is good, but I prefer seal row with barbell or dumbbell since you can't cheat the movement.

You can load barbells with more weight, and get more gains. Checkmate dumbellist.

Anyone who does the pendlay row is in high school

t. literal DYEL

Muscles are meant to move in conjunction. Cheating a LITTLE bit is good for stability, explosivity and it helps prevent injury. Doing perfect reps is a great way for getting absolutely nowhere imho senpai

simply epic

Except you're supposed to invert arch your back. The problem is bending over and having your back outward arched that causes problems. Having it inward arched is actually a good thing.

I know a bit cheating won't hurt you (if I cheat I can do Pendlays with 120 kg for 6-8 reps), one of best backs was built with cheating rows (Ronnie Coleman), but I personally like strict nature of seal rows as I know that I really got stronger instead of relying on more momentum.

For the record I do pendlays (good carryover to dl) and seal rows.

unironically how do i do that? i thought my dl was fine then i started to see in a mirror my lower back is curving before i pull

Tighten your lats as hard as you can and push your belly against your legs (or into legs), push knees out and breathe into your abs and push air against them (imagine trying to inflate your torso).

Bent over rows are superior because they involve the posterior chain significantly more than kneeling over a bench. Why do DYELS love isolation exercises? Just do the basics, stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

>he does horizontal pulling
Chin ups are the way to a god tier physique.
>More lat engagement
>More bicep involvement
>Harder to cheat = more gains
>Deadlift isometrically involves the same muscles as bent over rows anyway

I'm a skinny dyel is there a program without doing 5x5 you could rec?
I read the sticky

just make up your own PPL & make sure you go heavy with lots of volume bro it isnt that hard
progressive overload + high weight high reps = number 1 gains

The whole point of doing a popular 5x5 type routine is that they are (t-rex memes aside) pretty well balanced and give good results.

The problems with noobs are they dont really understand that its going to take a little time to get where you want to be. Progression comes kinda quick at 1st but then slows, noobs havent developed the discipline and patients required for long term training...

telling a noob to develop their own routine is stupid and they should instead look for a program that fits what their current goals are. SS is actually a good program to create a decent base for beginners and in 6 months they can stall and switch to something else.

>he doesnt do horizontal planes of movement in conjunction w/ vertical planes of movement
Hello sub par lifts post body
>tfw I row more than you deadlift and do more weighted pullups than you do unweighted

Attached: IMG_1664.jpg (720x1280, 247K)

i row 120s for 3x8 you fags lmao. probably deadlift your big 3 total

>Doing legs
>Doing some retarded strength programme after >2 years liftan
Just make your own routine targeting aesthetics

If you can’t row your bench you shouldn’t be considered human

>SS
>Six months

More like 4 at the absolute most.

post body

What about people who can properly arch and count their competition bench?
I literally do a stand to back bridge, unrack the bar and touch my ass to the bench, so my bench is 10kg above my row.

Attached: Fibonacci press.jpg (640x473, 89K)

Weighted dips. I've never seen a basic exercise cause so much asshurt, excuse making and retarded, avoidable injuries.

Arnold did it on a bench.

Attached: Screenshot_20190311-142420.png (1920x1080, 907K)

>this
>position of oly lifter about to clean
lmao

All I have is a video of me squatting your total.

Attached: Squat 600 lbs.webm (480x360, 939K)

>Tattoos
Ill have a big mac menu please

That wasn't even a rep, nice bounce you ugly faggot.

absolutely seething

>titties
>gut

you look like shit
compounds are a meme

>taking off your trip
Holy autism
Nice tits btw babe

different guy. youre an absolute faggot and that tripfag blew you the fuck out

Based Jeff Caveliere ATHLEANX.COM

Hahahaha sure bud. Show us your tits already

haha show us your body retard

Nice rep buddy, do some cardio and eat clean tho

You first sweetie

Go on love, get your tits out for the lads

>Being this BTFO'ed over a squat
>mfw

All right, take a breath. If you post either body or lifts, and they're respectable, I'll allow you to call this a draw.

Attached: Laughing Girls.gif (444x246, 2.96M)

Fucks sake just post your body already I wanna jack off to your tits you fucking faggot

lel this is the Jow Forums i know and love

This should be the pic in OP next time (an hour from now)

literally kill yourself you pathetic retard

the Jow Forums you know and love has jealous dyel morons seething over a tripfag?

S E E T H I N G

post tits

I've dropped nearly 40 lbs since then. Lost some squat strength (and then loads more when I sprained my SI joint a month and a half ago), but now my pants fit and I don't get winded tying my shoes.

Textbook liftlet, bodylet, brainlet cope designed to distract from the #Fact that you've been lifting for a month. Just take the L and save yourself further humiliation.

Attached: Smug Hime 2.jpg (600x655, 42K)

Lol nolats

nice good morning to get the bar up

Cheat on my girls, cheat on my curls

okay lol. your turn, faggot

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 2.24.12 PM.png (285x496, 210K)

yup. buncha DYEL's shitting on the dude who can actually squat

> atg and utilizing stretch reflex = no lift
fucking brainlet lmao

>mfw I piss off the big titty tripfag so hard he starts samefagging and sperging out

Attached: 1549737282853.png (334x346, 144K)

>squats 600 lb
>animeposter
Why do you have to be such a faggot and disappoint your parents? You had potential.

>yfw youve been getting BTFO by multiple people and youre a massive faggot

If you don't Yates row 225 for reps, you're never gonna make it.

Oh? Still seething, fatty?

I bet you thought everyone would suck your dick when you posted that video right? Lose 50lbs and do a proper rep, maybe you'll get a handy.

Attached: 1550713404805.png (1000x1000, 177K)

for the 5th time, im not the tripfag. you asked me to post body and i did posting frogs doesnt change the fact that youve been btfo and that youre a faggot

Just be yourself bro

>I have no argument to counter these devastating facts
>I'll post r*ddit memes and run damage control and hope no one notices about BTFO'ed I am!

It's okay, I accept your mental surrender.

Attached: Smug Checkmate.jpg (1920x1080, 164K)

First day, eh?

*ahem*

Big fat tub of lard.

Attached: 1550712979618.jpg (511x671, 37K)

Don't let your mental peace get ruined by anonymous people on the internet

>sprained my SI joint a month and a half ago
how did you rehab this?

I'm an Advanced Care Paramedic with a MSc. in Bio Chem and a degree in Paramedicine.

Post body and cock

rows are unnecessary, should only be used if you dont deadlift
chins are better for lats than rows
deadlifts are better for lats and traps and spinal erectors than rows
face pulls, sntach grip high pulls are better for upper back than rows

most people dont row right, it again is useless if you already deadlift

*larper

fixed that for you

The idea that an exercise has to affect as many muscle groups as possible in order to be effective is a Rippletits-tier meme.

>Reduced to a sputtering wreck that can barely manage simple insults as a result of my superior intellect and lifts

The best part is that you'll just keep responding like a trained seal.

Attached: Caulilaff.jpg (365x368, 41K)

I ended up getting some anti-inflammatory steroid shot, taking a fuckload of ibuprofen, some some "pigeon pose" and laying on my back and pulling a knee up to my chest and similar stretches, and otherwise waiting over a fucking month before starting up squats with the weight I could manage. It's still a little stiff and weak feeling, but once the acute pain went away completely, I could squat 3PLAYT with no real issue. The week after that I hit 495 lbs for a couple singles with no problem. I'm clearly off my max strength and work capacity in the squat and deadlift (bench is going great on account of doing only that and curls for five bleeding weeks), but it'll come back. Having the confidence to go pretty heavy is going to take some rebuilding.

Start at 45 degree instead of bent all the way over if you don't have the back strength or flexibility yet. Work your way down to parallel.

>deadlifts are better for lats

Attached: deads.png (1320x774, 372K)

Filtered.

Deadlifts work the posterior chain in a veeeery linear fashion. Calfs, hamstrings, flutes, spinal erectors, upper traps.
The is literally no deviation.
A set of rows with a barbell after a set of heavy or high volume Deadlifts will make your back quiver. The work done to the trapezius region and lower back is incredible. The lats are used more in the barbell row so I would suggest moving onto a seated row then onto something like a lat pull down.
Deadlifts is a stability exercise, it will show how dense your balance and posture is vs the weight you are lifting, hence why these particular muscle areas are worked by it. Don't tell people how to do things when you're probably citing a comment from another person who isn't informed from this board.

>120's for 3x8
Lol at thinking that's impressive. I'm dyel as fuck but I've dumbbell rowed way more than that, it's not hard when you post up with one hand

>i row 120s for 3x8 you fags lmao
>probably deadlift your big 3 total
thanks for the laugh DYEL

>Paramedic
> MSc. in Bio Chem
Yikes!

Lol nice1

I do deadlifts with a hexbar fight me.

I mean, It's good for core stability.

Anything that combines a major muscle group and core stability (squat/do) is pretty good overall health

Just don't be a retard and keep your legs in

>seal rows

I've never seen a gym with benches actually high enough to do them.

I just do bodybuilder style 30-45 degree bent over rows but imo those are bullshit too. Deadhang, weighted pull-ups are where it's at. I can get a good stretch going in my entire back.

Why do I only feel it in my arms and shoulders when I do this workout?

nice, how did you actually hurt it? Was it that serious that you needed the shot or you aired on the safe side?

> all reps should be paused variation of the lift
thats gonna be a no from me dog