Any Keto anons?

I've been running keto for a week due to gut health problems. I had to take a month off lifting and lost a tonne of weight so am hoping to begin to bulk back up. Has anyone managed this or am i dreaming on keto?

Attached: tumblr_nrw9f4I8V21s6jhuio1_1280.jpg (750x659, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-FvZEHwLqQ
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28399015/
youtu.be/tSdzIk5Du6w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

CICO. If it helps you eat under maintenance then clearly it is working

No as in the weight loss was due to gut issues. I actually started keto to try heal my gut so i could start gaining again. I was eating about 5k calories pre-keto and losing 1-2kg a week.

It's far too early to know if keto is helping, im still quite exhausted day to day but im intruiged if any anons have managed to bulk on it.

She is very fit

Attached: marina.jpg (1280x1707, 319K)

Attached: marina.jpg (433x650, 66K)

>

Attached: 1eb2f91ff403b251358e630aa2c01f78.gif (380x190, 1.98M)

Her best pic imo

CICO is debunked pseudoscience.

DONT post post-wall marina.

Yeah you can bulk and gain on keto but there is a few issues that you'll have to work around.

>Fat is satiating / diet is generally devoid of nice tasting food
Good luck eating 5k calories a day when one meal fills you up for the rest of the day. You can only eat so many almonds.

>General anaerobic problems
Ketones aren't stored in the muscle like carbs so you'll just fail as soon as ATP runs out (rep 5 or so). So you'll have to do a low rep high weight strength routine or abuse creatine if you insist on doing a hypertrophy routine.

>Adaptation phase
You'll feel like shit for a month or so and won't be able to give it 100%

But if you're able to work around these issues you can make gains like any other diet, if not more due to the increased HGH

Attached: 1534013371902.jpg (576x700, 87K)

i did keto once.
then I started having dreams about carbs and I was like fuck it I'm going to eat whatever.
true story.

I read some people saying they have carbs before lifting which confused me. Isn't that just not keto.

> muh carbs
youtube.com/watch?v=1-FvZEHwLqQ

I've heard if you work out often then a lot of the glucose you eat goes straight to the muscle to replenish glycogen stores instead of the liver, meaning the liver still produces ketones. This has to be glucose though, no fructose from fruit (not sure about lactose)

I've never really tested it myself so I'd urge you to get some keto piss sticks and try for yourself.

Either way I wouldn't try this until after the adaptation phase when you have the metabolic flexibility to move in and out of ketosis with ease.

Keto is good for rapid weight loss only.

Everything else is nutritional science fiction preached by the ketard kult.

Keto is a meme. Veganism is where it's at.

What happened user?

Crohns. It's always there but sometimes really rears it's head and i plummet weight. Dropped from 86kg to 76 so far so hoping a new diet might stop that and if it does I'd like to be able to bulk on it. If not, fuck it I'll hop on the corticosteroids to fix it and some steroids of my own.

I ran keto for 8 months. Overall it was nice to be able to stay at the same weight by just eating a lot of fat to make up the calories. I was usually doing 20/4 IF.
Mentally i felt like shit. The first months were a fuck up.

Very important to manage your electrolytes. Get this dialed and you will be fine. Take Magnesium Glycinate.

who dat

That's a shit hand to be dealt. I would advise against trying to bulk...but it's up to you I guess.

keto is for weight loss bro
you're not going to bulk and keto at the same time.

Stop memeing. Keto is fine for maintaining weight

....It's not a meme.
Keto causes rapid weight loss.
You cannot bulk and maintain keto by its very nature.
Stop spewing wishful thinking bullshit.

OP if you want to seriously bulk go after high carb plain foods. Drink milk or a milk substitute in place of water in your shakes.

I don't try to be where i was pre-crohns. Ive done a cycle and even with that couldn't get to my old natty peak. That said doc advice is always to get weight up when i can. I can normally stay near 85kg.

Keto causes lean muscle gains and fat loss.

I did keto for 8 months and gained weight. On purpose.

>shitty gif for ants.

Attached: Marina Flex2.webm (1920x1080, 1.44M)

Sorry man, good luck with it.

no you didn't faggot

it's pretty hard to gain weight on keto from my experience. i'd have bulletproof coffee, avocado, pbutter, pumpkin seeds, eggs and 300g meat pretty much everyday for 6 months and my weight remained at 170lbs while gaining muscle and leaning out at the same time.

Post body

I'll give you 3 guesses and all of them that don't have Marina in them don't count.

unironically not an argument
you should feel ashamed of yourself

you. did. not. bulk. on. keto.

Fuck she's so beautiful.

> getting excited over anorexia marina
She's the evidence girls should always be at least 30% bf

Attached: tumblr_mogfx4B3ui1s6jhuio1_500.jpg (500x700, 104K)

marina who

Yes, he did.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28399015/

Attached: 3EED405A-6DBF-4740-8F1E-3C97B5454625.jpg (1242x1105, 539K)

Marina and the Phallus Erectors
youtu.be/tSdzIk5Du6w

That's not anorexia, it's just dehydration + an awesome pump from playing the show. That and being fit.

>cites a fraction of a study
>citation doesn't actually possess any useful information
>HE TOTALLY DID IT GUISE
>He

You did not fucking bulk on keto. If you are eating to bulk you are taking yourself out of keto.

This board is full of literal retards

Post proof that you can't, idiot.

How do you explain the increases in LBM?

I'm not the one making the claim. You made the claim that you could bulk on keto.

You have to prove it. Keto works because you're starving yourself.
When you put yourself into ketosis you're burning body fat. You cannot stay in ketosis and bulk at the same time. You can switch between the two and begin bulking, but you cannot effectively bulk and remain in keto.

The fact that you tried to shift the burden of proof is a pretty solid indicator you have no idea how this works and so it comes as no surprise to me you honestly think you can burn fat and bulk fat at the same fucking time.

People being dishonest? Eating the little debbies and bags of doritos?

Address this, retard.

God damn you're fucking retarded.
I feel sorry for you.

Ok, nigger.

It's dehydration and a digusting pump on top of anorexia and body dysmorphia. Body building is anorexia in women.

Is it ok to break keto once a week if I fast for 2 days after? I'm not a fatass by the way.

shoo shoo you low test kike

definitely have bulked while ketotic
you ahve no fucking clue