What's the best cardio for... well cardio? Lowering overall heart rate, blood pressure, heart health

What's the best cardio for... well cardio? Lowering overall heart rate, blood pressure, heart health.
Steady state or hiit? Increasing distance/time or speed/intensity?
Outdoor vs indoor? Elliptical or treadmill? Jogging or swimming? Those circuits with a bunch of exercises all over the internet (or is that just so fat people remain entertained?)
Etc, etc.

Attached: 1548619299969.gif (194x269, 498K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Escalators.

Traditional cardio and HIIT ought to be alternated. I would recommend HIIT in the morning and traditional cardio in the evening on your cardio days, 30 minutes each.

For HIIT, simply sprint 100 meters every now and then until your 30 minutes are up. As you get better, do more sprints and sprint harder within your 30 minutes.

For traditional cardio, simply run for 30 minutes straight. As you get better, run faster.

Outdoor or indoor depends on what you prefer. Treadmill because your body evolved to run. Jogging because your body evolved to run (although swimming is fun).

I use a LifeFitness cross-trainer for cardio. All the machines are different but this one gives me a caloric output of about 840/hr. I do 20-30 minutes per day, double on "off" days. HR stays sub-130 at 31 yrs old.

That's an elliptical, right?
Thanks, i like midnight jogging. Chill, streets are pretty empty, really enjoyable.
I heard elliptical machines are preferable because they're "good for the knees". Unfortunately my gym doesn't have a row machine, i heard they're the best, and i found them fun.

Attached: 1544400824471.jpg (328x415, 62K)

Rowing machine.

Rowing
Rowing
Rowing

It should be the first and last suggestion you get in this thread. Everything else is dicks.

And the only machine you should use is the Concept 2. It's the only machine that exists. Everything else is dicks and poorfags in which case you should just kill yourself.

I like fast walks on threadmill with some elevation at 4.5mph or so. Great way to have an aesthetic tight ass and overall low impact for your joints. I usually do one hour 2-3 times a week

depends what you mean by best, running is good because it’s simple but swimming might be considered better because it strains your joints less. Both aerobic jogs and anaerobic sprints are important. Mountain running is hard and dynamic because of elevation changes but also fun because of nature. Outdoor swimming is great beacause it teaches you cardio and cold resistance. Different forms of cardio have different benefits, try a bunch and find some you like. Generally the out of gym versions are less controllable but more fun

arent you scared of getting raped? or worse getting robbed by niggers?

>Concept 2

patritian taste, my good man

it's literally all the same getting your heart rate going and keeping it there is the only objective
sex if personal favorite followed by burpees and rowing

Hill sprints> jumping rope> regular sprints > jogging > hiking > kayaking> walking

In that order.

what do people think about rucksacking? Kind of a meme but I hate jogging and one backpack with weights is cheaper than regular access to a pool, I also hate jogging. has anyone had any results?

>jumping rope
wouldn't that be rough on the knees?

All these people
>MY CARDIO OF CHOICE IS THE BEST EVERYTHING ELSE IS SHIT

The best u can do is a bit of everything
Running biking swimming rowing sprinting etc

Dont be a retard and do only 1 sort of cardio

What about biking you nig

keep walking kitty
youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

Dammit, now it's stuck in my head.

Find something fun that challenges your heartrate, and do that regularly. I've been playing Dance Dance Revolution for 11 years, regularly getting my heart over 160bpm, so my resting heartrate has hit the low 50s.

Attached: advanced_treadmill.jpg (647x1154, 94K)

are those fucking trophies?

oh boy

haha they're my roommate's golf trophies. We have all kinds of shit in our basement, where the DDR machine is.

It's actually one of the least impact workouts you can do

I'm a big dude from Eastern Europe. Nothing to worry about.

Attached: 1549129155677.png (370x370, 193K)

You don't jump with your knees, you bounce with your toes/calves.

I do sled pushes on most days. Also do LISS on an elliptical but not as often.