What was Arnold's actual routine for most of his bodybuilding career? I keep reading tons of conflicting shit...

What was Arnold's actual routine for most of his bodybuilding career? I keep reading tons of conflicting shit, like some say he did full body twice a day and others say he did a 5 day split, some say he did cardio others say he didn't, etc. Wtf did he actually do?

Attached: arnold.png (1024x705, 298K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o9zCgPtsups
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Attached: begenhagen.jpg (636x635, 67K)

youtube.com/watch?v=o9zCgPtsups
confuse the muscle, lots of hypertrophy in off season, heavy compounds leading into contest.

that video doesn't tell me his exact routine or if he did cardio or not, what kind of cardio, etc

roids x fail

He cares with split he did

i always thought he did a three day split where he split each day into two sessions. each session would be one half of the muscle groups focused on for that day.

Attached: 2063614_BU_280_09.jpg (877x900, 82K)

Roids.

I have one of the best physiques in my gym and i don't follow a set routine.
Yes I have a few compounds that I always stick to as progression but I always experiment with different accessories and hit the muscles from different angles

Copious roids

Post body

Maybe your gym is full of shit tier normies.

On Jow Forums you're probably not special.

you dont need his EXACT ROUTINE because you arent a top tier body builder on gear
what you need is what works for everyone. progressive overload focusing on compounds

Doing his training split/taking the gear he did won't make you look like him.
Figure out what works well for you and become the best version of yourself, you cannot and will not be Arnold because you are not him.
My favorite compounds are oxandrolone and boldenone. What are yours?

Anything to do with lifting and calisthenics
He did compounds
Bodybuilding
General weight lifting
Powerlifting
Strongman training
Swimming
Bike riding
Jogging
Hiking
He basically did everything that you can do with physical culture.

He just lifted heavy shit made sure he got the pump and built lactic acid ate like a horse and rested well.
That's it.

Routine is unimportant. What matters is centering your workouts around increasing the overall volume/weight of your main compounds movements and using accessory movements to give your physique balance.

I'm reading his biographie these days, it's fucking incredible what this man has done.

Attached: 1508578627876.jpg (500x626, 58K)

>What matters is centering your workouts around increasing the overall volume/weight of your main compounds movements and using accessory movements to give your physique balance.

>t.LARPing powerlifter that looks like shit and has fucked joints

program matters less than destroying the muscles & letting them build back up
you can make more gains on a brosplit than on a "proper" program if you know what you're doing
high weight high reps masterrace brahs

It's sad that he sold out to zog

>high weight high reps
it doesnt work that way

5-6 day split is right, minimal cardio. You might want to look into Ric Drasin's youtube channel

He did doubles splits.

Three days a week he did chest and back in the morning and legs in the afternoon. Three days a week he did arms in the morning and abs and calves in the afternoon.

6 days a week, two workouts a day. Because he was a madman, but he could take it.

Also he did do cardio. Running. He only started on the bike when he was older.

He didn't do any routine for his entire career.

If nothing else, he's always talking about 'shockign the muscles', every so often, so there's no way he'd be using the same routine his whole career, or even for a long time.

Just like every other successful bodybuilder/powerlifter/weightlifter or whatever, they change their routines over time, depending on if they're pre-comp, doing the buildup, deloading, or whatever.

why read others statements when arnold did several interviews and speeches regarding his routines?
check youtube..

Arnold released a book called Modern Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding
I'm sure you can find all his knowledge in there

PERIODIZATION, DO YOU SPEAK IT? He likely varied his training to achieve different goals,going from full body to split to extra toning sessions depending on contest schedule and energy levels from gaining/cutting. THERE IS NO ONE SIZE FITS ALLM