Whos doing this

whos doing this

Attached: Eqz7BYZ.png (611x746, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6TBDbnZt4M8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This literally monk mode. I'm starting this tomorrow.

Attached: 1552424192461.png (640x1136, 206K)

unconsciously been doing this for the last 2 years

ive been doing this all of my life but im still a hungry skeleton lanklet

you retards do this and then wonder why you have 0 social skills

>cutting off social contact
Stupid.
Retreats are for the rich, elderly and already-connected. If you're a regular schlub, and you fucking are, you should be constantly maintaining and improving your interpersonal and professional relationships.

This was written by a NEET trying to pass off their social anxiety as a conscious choice. Nobody is fooled, NEETs.

Stupid and harmful behaviour.
You can lift, eat properly, and educate yourself AND keep your social contacts as well. Cutting away from the world will put you at risk of depression.
I've been isolated from the outside world for 4 years due to a high anxiety disorder, and now I'm slowy crawling out of it. But not even for a moment I thought that what I was going through was healthy.

Thinking like OP is a mere delusion: a person who has no social skills who hopes that after further isolation and lifting, he will magically emerge from his retirement as a problem-free person.
Don't do that: if you have a social life, treasure it. OP's post is just coping, he's trying to normalize a mental issue.

yeah, isolating yourself is not good, at least it's not good for me. If i don't have regular contact with people my dark thoughts will come out to play.

Purposely avoiding the most important gains you can make under the pretence of dedication when it's really about maximizing comfort.

Don't do this. Shutting out all social contact and isolating yourself is hard to reverse.

I'm trying to do this but I have to wageslave and when I get back home I'm too tired to do anything else than browse Jow Forums. Help

I have been doing this for 27 years now.
Next year is my year.

Attached: squat.png (296x178, 24K)

It's too bad this doesn't work. Being isolated causes depression no matter how introverted you are. Prisoners in solitary confinement are limited to how long they can stay there because people naturally go insane when they have no social contact for too long.

I stumbled into a friend who I lost contact with for the last few years. It was amazing, I was really happy to reconnect with her and she invited me to a lot of cool stuff I didn't even know was happening. Didn't even realize how much I missed her and our common hobbies through which we met in the first place, it was great.
However, while I'm trying to actively maintain and build new friendships, I've chosen to completely isolate myself from any romantic engagements. I don't date, if I ever crush I work it out and stop myself. So, monk-mode, but social monk.

It only works if you do it for a limited time.

>social monk
So, bishop mode then

I was thinking something like those Hare Krishna guys, but I like your analogy better.
That said, I'm still trying to work out my own religious beliefs, I try not to get into other peoples'.

why the fuck would you need to cut off all social contact to lift 4x a week & watch some youtube videos about lifting???

Don't do this, it's a huge meme. It's fine to slow down on social obligations to free more time to pursue your goals, but cutting them completely will do long lasting damage to your social skills and mental being.

Attached: 1552657487119.jpg (807x807, 109K)

Not OP but sometimes when I feel blue I cut myself from others for a while bc otherwise I know I'm going to get grumpy, irritated and make hurtful comments at them

>reading about sex

Yea that cosmo mag will help you slay chicks. This shit is retarded, the more you isolate yourself the more autistic you will be. If you want to better yourself, socialize more and get better at it. That's like saying reading about football will make you better at football. You have to play to get better.

all you'll do is end up autistic and mentally ill

I move into my first apartment by myself in two weeks. Aside from work, this will probably be me.

Congratulations, man. Having your own place can mean that you're all on your own. Or it can help you be very social. I spent last night at an appartment of a person I met last night, drinking with a mutual friend till 6 in the morning, it was great. Well, they were drinking, I'm 4 years sober.
I've been living on my own since I was 15, but always in communal housing or dorms, I'll be getting my own place in summer.

People are like cats. Act disinterested or openly disdainful while pursuing your work. You will get attention. Stay goal oriented. This will sort the attention seekers out for you. By pursuing your goal, you could very well influence others to stop giving a shit and pursue their own goals. Too many people seek the comfort of group think and thusly fall into a spiral of bad habits and people pleasing. I got my wife to start caring about her health by showing her the benefits of exercise and discipline, not preaching it. Not begging or pleading. I ignored and educated when she asked. Go out and literally be the change you want to see, and you can help set others free as a side effect.

>In eremitic orders, monks are discouraged from interacting with each other and spend most of each day in their cells.

I haven't spoken to a human in 14 months.
The only time I vocalize is when I sing/talk to myself or cry, and I'm not crazy.

Looking at what I just typed, maybe I am a little crazy and/or depressed.

Literally autism mode

>tried cocoon mode 2 years ago
>Working 70+ hours a week ALONE running my own business, no coworkers
>Too stupid to hit gym
>Too weak to be fully isolated so I fuck my ex every once in a while which was toxic as fuck
>Grandma dies
>Ends in a suicidal mental breakdown

Be careful with cocoon mode bros, make sure you do it right, don't just isolate yourself without the right structure in place. I also recommend having at least one male friend to talk to during this time. Total isolation isn't healthy

>monk mode

Smells new in here.

It explains the lack of Scooby threads

Attached: B9CF7B10-899D-4A30-96E3-D3AF4A07B504.png (390x470, 12K)

it's an excuse for your social failings. Self-induced autism is retarded

I wish this weren't true, but it is.

>Isolating yourself from the world by cutting off all social contact
Who's the retarded NEET who wrote this shit?
youtube.com/watch?v=6TBDbnZt4M8

I am doing cocoon mode but the social isolation and drifting away from my friends isn't intentional.

been doing this for a while, hoping I can break free for summer.
either way, don't have any friends.

I'm doing this because it makes me feel better. If I have friends and talk to people regularly, it just puts me on so much pressure
>hey user did you pass this exam
>how often you go to the gym again
>how long have you been doing this and that
I prefer doing things alone the way I want, this way I dont have to explain myself to anyone

I did it, though I called it gym hermit. It works.

You are all isolated coping adult virgins already.

This, the anti-social aspect of this is the only thing I would change. Maybe limit socializing to work, close friends and family. No need to be wasting your weekends going to bars and useless shit like that.

Only good post in this shit pile thread

/thread actually

NEET cope: The thread

Can someone please provide a pdf of pic related?

Attached: monk-mode.png (791x1024, 1.32M)

5pbp
Socializing is part of bettering yourself. Rest of OPs pic is fine

You should be doing the sneaky cocoon mode. You do the same things but try to apply every little thing you learn in your daily life, this way you can actually see improvements and/or reforce on what you seem to not have actually grasped.

This would be sane if he was talking about tossing his phone and not touching the internet. Literally makes you lathargic. But face to face social interaction is usually healthy.

pic I saved a while back

Attached: clip_image001.png (1324x200, 47K)

I thought that was because he came out as gay. Why, did he have something to say on the matter?

>all you retards acting like this is a choice.

I’ve never understood how you guys can workout and push yourself so hard in gym, get disciplined to eat healthy, and develop mentally but STILL be afraid just to fucking talk to a girl

Sad story for you guys
>Be me last year, 19 years old
> August holidays, lost all my gains, turned to lanklet in a month
>September 1 I'm in the gym,no more bullshit
> Actually start going 3x a week, feeling gud
> Enjoy my activities but still a social retard
> For the first time since I was a kid decide to invite friends for beer
> About 6 people that i consider friends
> Tell them a month early
>Remind them a week before, everyone says they'll be there
> The day before the established night
> some message me, others I have to ask
> Only one would have shown up
> He's still up to a night out, but I'm feeling way too shitty
> That's the day I snqpped
> Cut off all social media
> start reading
> Taking school a lot more serious
> FF a month or so
> Some want to catch up to me
> Sure
>Everyones mirin
> I can tell they feel bad
> Too late.jpg
> Realize all they'll ever be is fuckin normies
>Never be active in contacting them
> Stick to the one that was there for me
> the rage I feel towards them and the fear I have of falling back in a situation like that is my daily fuel
> Discover berserk

I actually developed a stronger social strength, feel more confident and now I'm visibibly for people treat me better, they respect me just for looking good.

Cocoon mode works guys

Attached: 1552091251931.jpg (700x787, 185K)

>Tell them a month early
What the fuck in the fuck? You invite people for beers on the day. Maybe a day in advance, if it's on Friday night. Jesus Christ, it's beers, not a fucking greek orgy. You might be a social retard, mate.

Oh my god I'm almost 30

What if I want to cocoon mode because I'm a bad person?

You invite people out for beers one month in advance? and when they don't show up one time you turn into an anime retard and resent them for it?

I involuntarily do this

i've been doing this. can't find a job , don't know if i even want one anymore. my social ability has gone from awkward to non existent. gains have skyrocketed. checking in at a nasty 209 lbs (6ft)

Attached: 4b2ff70e9a6615a937e150bea61c1c95.jpg (2472x4096, 927K)

did this for 18 months. stopped 2 years ago. haven't been out of my house once.
be careful bros

Just imagine him waiting for an entire month, while his 'friends' were going out for beers every weekend if not every evening. What a dingus

It was three weeks, we all have different schedules and never got to hang out because of that, I made that very clear and they were cool with it.
I wanted to make sure they came.
I've had anxiety since I was a kid, never celebrated a birthday with friends so it was important to me, most of them knew that.

It doesn't change the fact they said it was fine a week before.

You've established that you have anxiety. So, your reaction to this is more than likely irrational.

They missed one event. If they cant make it, they cant make it. Its immature of you to hold it against them.

Maybe so, but they could've told me so directly, instead of making up some bullshit excuses (each one a different one).
I expected them to treat me with respect, not some occasional friend.

They probably did hang out a lot without me during those weeks, that's one more reason why it hurt.
Of 6 people only one had the decency of setting aside ONE night for a friend.

Normalfags, leave

Somebody post the monks greentext

Attached: fit monk.png (1344x3427, 649K)

this

social isolation is the fastest path short of shit genetics straight to mental illness that'll take you years to fix

your personal gains have nothing to do with a career. actually it is the opposite. your sense of worth is perceived through a societal lens clearly, those things you have listed will only decrease your gains

hey man im sorry to hear that. it sounds pretty rough and i would be upset too. i think youre better off without people like that.

I've been doing this for 2 years. Well on my way to getting my business on the road so I don't have to wagecuck anymore. Also made a ton of muscle gains.
I would only recommend this if you're willing to take meditation seriously, though. It can really fuck with your head, and meditation is the best way to limit the negative effects so you can come out of it later and recover normalcy.

10/10

Attached: 1552353445898.gif (275x428, 944K)

same here bro what the fuck i felt like i was 19 just a few years ago

God fucking dammit, me too.

>He's still up to a night out, but I'm feeling way too shitty
That guy was willing to go out with you and yet you still told him no. That guy wanted to give you a chance because he thought you might be cool. And you insulted him.
You're no better than those you call "normies".

>Zero social interaction when self-improving
>Please under no circumstance try to balance anything just go full shut-in.
>Literally the jew of self-improvement
Christ can't believe NPCs keep falling for this.

I AM 30. Soon to be 31. For last 4 years I've been 'cocoon mode-ing'. Except I haven't bothered working out, made half-arsed attempts at reading/knowledge and have generally become a mean, cynical, anti-social person. This is literally my life and I'm rotting away.

Absolute newfag lmao

I guess it's too long to explain. That guy didn't know the others. He was a lot closer than them, so he totally understood how I was feeling and was very comprehensive.
I told him I appreciated the fact he was still willing, but honestly that night was a shock for me. I was paralyzed by a mix of anger disappointed and self doubt, so I still feel the right choice was to stay home and reflect on what had happened.
That was a turning point for me, I've made a lot of strides and betterments since then, I feel more complete.

Thanks man, It's over now though, I'm a lot stronger and more mature, and I still have faith I'll be able to find better friends.

Attached: 1552757081755.png (800x364, 223K)

Me but not by choice

lol @ wannabe normalfags itt. kys you spastics.

what op describes is nikola tesla god tier. you faggots will never achieve greatness.

>say yes to every opportunity that comes your way
Ok, from now on I'm doing that. No matter how tired I am, I'm doing that. Turns out it leads to amazing places.

i started doing this with my bros, saying yes always, and i end up having way more fun every time even if im miserable at first. also helps your relationship a lot. i found even instead of saying 'uhh sure' and saying 'hell yeah' instead you can completely change your way of thinking about it

>reading about sex

but I want to practice fml

The hard part is actually getting out of the cocoon mode

Old friends. New friends made through a hobby. Fucking dating apps. Go to a pub quiz, Jesus.

>sexier and more attractive
So you wont have anyone to practice your social skills and game on, but you'll have more success with women. What a load of bullshit, prepare to be disappointed.

t. never been in true cocoon mode

>be constantly maintaining and improving your interpersonal and professional relationships.

What are the benefits of doing so? Not to be combative but what is the endgame?

Mate, I'm an immigrant. Have been ever since I was 15 and I've moved all over. You think you're cocoon mode? Try living in a country which language you don't speak. Or even worse, you speak the local language well enough to always use it instead of bothering people with English, but not well enough to maintain a social conversation. Now that's cocoon mode. I've had a girl be clearly into me, going as far as approaching me just for me to fuck up the grammar mid-sentence and her correct me. I immediately spilled spaghetti and got the fuck outta there. Now that's cocoon mode.

Im in cocoon mode involuntarily

Ive been, in middle school when life sucked. All I think about nowadays is the next time I'll hang out with one of my social circles. Or which waitress is working the night shift with me this time.

Like most normal people, whats your point.

Now or never bro, you do not postpone making it

Go until failure, rest, repeat.

Thats the fun of life and what you should be doing.

>Starting this tomorrow
>Tomorrow

Meganewfag detected.

Only absolute retards do this and think it will do anything positive for them

The best time for making it was 5 years ago. The next best time is right now.

Attached: always with you.jpg (720x538, 66K)

>Imaging hanging out is at all an efficient way to gain social skills.

It's not. For many professional being social really isn't necessary to begin with.

If we're talking about gaining romantic skills, shotgunning on Tinder can be pretty effective once you're halfway fit.

Not that this justifies avoiding cocoon mode BUT-

1. Strong interpersonal relationships can be supportive if you're having difficult times
2. Strong professional relationships can help you learn how a particular field works and later leverage those connections for personal gain. There's a substantial amount of practical knowledge that isn't readily accessible in a book or online, but that an expert in the field could explain to you in a minute.

This is mostly useful if you're, say, in business. You might want to run TV ads, but you have no idea what the rates are or how that works. Just having talked to someone who works in that field or, say, runs their own company and has bought ad space will be able to give you a down low.

But as a counter to all of this, to a lot of people this may not matter much. And even if it does, many of these relationships can be built in a relatively short time frame with modest skillset. Going at this for a year can yield basically the same results than going at it for ten- the only difference being you'll be without the benefits for 9 years

I know, thus my comment here I've been doing more and more unfamiliar stuff lately. Poetry readings, pub quizzes, board game bars. Anything to NOT be cocoon mode.