PLG - Powerlifting General

LIST OF PLG APPROVED ACRONYMS/INITIALISMS

>GDE (genetic dead end)
Exercise low-responder. High injury rate, no sports background, weak willed.

>BONER (Bench Only No Effort Retard)
Wants to have the admiration and ego of someone who lifts, but doesn't want to get the squat or deadlift of someone who actually lifts. Copes with a combination of bench press and autism.

>CUCC (cuckold uninjured crying canadian)
Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

>VOLEM (voluntary evermediate)
Late beginner, early intermediate. Panics when the bar gets heavy. Program hops, works on technique, or sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress.

>CHODE (communist homo of dick eating)
Angry, godless little postmodernists who secretly loathe strong, masculine men who won't fuck their boybutt. Some transition into ugly rat faced pedos, others defend said CHODES. Also known as PHAGs (projecting homo ass goblins)

>TCHAD (tries consistently hard all day)
The Isleys, MAs, and other guys with average genes who actually like competing and getting stronger.

Grip training edition

Attached: 525 doh.webm (920x1280, 2.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/jonathansoderling?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=3lerxl11zdzp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wednesday

Going to make anons (and possibly Sean) SEETHE

Screencap this.

Attached: 1551164178083.jpg (305x294, 43K)

>thinking anything below 600 is impressive

Ummm okay? ummm sweaty okay?? umm...

Tips for core exercises? Never done them as accessories and I'm beginning to lack core strength on squats and deadlifts.

Ab rollouts

I've never seen a double overhand deadlift even close to 600 on this board

ok i eat tomates again

What are some good grip excersizes I can do without specialized equipment?

Attached: 1546090526054.gif (300x300, 1.74M)

600lbs double overhand is probably somewhere around 800-900lbs mixed grip and more.

Are you finally benching 4pl8?

I know what you're getting at but I don't agree. You could just have a 600lb deadlift and crazy grip strength.

I just do a deadlift with whatever I can hold for a few seconds. Sometimes I do my end of workout SLDLs double overhand for the last set but 3pl8 gets heavy for my hands at the 10-12th rep

lol

Day 12 (I think? I've lost track) of shitting blood

This one was by far the stinkiest and hardest to wipe. Felt like I might have started having diahrehha?

Attached: IMG_20190317_150302.jpg (2448x3264, 735K)

go to a doctor?

I assume it's not someone that specifically trained for 600lbs double overhand, yeah.

No they're just glorified mechanics

see a doctor holy shit

Congrats?

The guy in the back better be The Press™ing for sets of 10+

I actually did go to a glorified mechanic about it, it was some Asian guy, he shoved his finger up my ass for 15 seconds and then said to come back if it continues. I won't be going back.

Are the Tomato retard and bench press shit poster still here or should I abandon this general again?

Just use plg to track your bowel movements like the rest of us.

the're posting less and less

wrong thread bud

you wanna know the secret? /plg/ is the last place you can talk about lifting on Jow Forums. That's why discord trannies want to destroy it. They will never stop shitposting until /plg/ dies.

How often do you lasses deadlift a week?

This
/plg/ should be a board of its own fuck fit

I don't lift anymore so I personally want to see plg die. If I can't enjoy lifting, nobody else can.

Competition once and a variation once

same

This.

1 conventional at the first workout of the week and 1 variant (deficit for the past three weeks) in the last workout of the week

Based

Haven't been here for the past week or so, is this the new Sean character?

>discord trannies want to destroy it

All homos ruin Jow Forums.
>Trappy/raffy/haino
>Sean
>Fat Retard
>Frog
>Rasputin
>Hank

One of many. He also larps as TomatoFag.

Frog is not a homo he just gut raped poor lad

Fat Retard does at least occasionally talk about lifting and at least try to be helpful without just telling people to do Sheiko.

Not even trying to be mean, but why should a 4pl8 squatter and barely 5pl8 deadlifter at 100kg+ bodyweight be giving advice?

I'd rather trust you or Isley.

He shouldn't and most of the advice he gives is outright harmful because of his 80iq and jewish tendencies to hurt goyim.

>have to dl
>massive torn, bruised callus on my finger
>excruciating pain even with 1pl8
Welp

I have literally never seen Fat Retard give useful advice besides babby cookie cutter shit like "do SS and eat more"

I got hems the first time I started squatting and deadlifting since beginners arent used to bracing their core all the time which is the equivalent of forcing a shit. Make sure your actual poo isnt bloody since that's usually a bad sign of a more serious colon disease. If its bright red and in the water its definitely an internal hem.

Eat more fiber - a shit ton more - and stick suppositories up your ass. Should be gone in a few days if its just an internal hem.

How do I fix weak quads?

Attached: 68908EA7-C237-409E-9E38-83F322686853.jpg (1125x1125, 243K)

I started lifting 2 and half years ago, i started with SS, i asked many questions related to form and technique and all kinds of stuff and Fat Retard have answered my posts so many times with helpful answers. I am really thankful for fat retard he made my lifting better and because of that my life as well and i really appreciate the help he gave me. Fat retard if you read this you are the fucking man, thanks for the all help you gave me, its not much but just providing good information to beginner retards like my self really made a positive difference.

WOOOOOO

120KG x6 AMRAP easy boys

After only getting 112.5kg x7 last week.

144kg estimated max. Might try work up to a 140kg actual single some time.

A lot of squats up to 80 %, stuff where you won't rely on back like leg press, hack squats, single leg stuff and front squats.

Trip on Bobby

Who is bobby ? haha

Also tempo work.

Fuck off haha

I deadlifted with completely purple and slightly bleeding finger after dropping 20kg plate on it. Stop being a pussy.

thats a bench right?

Yep. Wouldn't be posting about 140 squat lmao

Attached: FB38BB84-98D5-4095-8BF8-A21046F33EB8.jpg (2513x1885, 947K)

I wish i still could go to the bathroom and take a piss without taking my shirt of and having a flex session in the mirror

MA width-MOGGING

The key word was "try"

those other two are so skinny they make the guy on the left look big

Im just starting my dl and I feel lower back muscle tightness immediately afterwards while hardly feeling soreness on my glutes and hammys, am I doing the dl wrong? I recorded myself and I think Im mostly neutral during the lift.

Also, how do I improve hip and leg flexibility? I can barely maintain the starting position from the ground because my back and legs want to give in

That happens to me too occasionally. Not pain but just maximum stiffness and soreness. It is just not used to the volume.

Wrong thread

the dude on the right unironically thinking that he looks muscular is one of the most hilarious things about this general

instagram.com/jonathansoderling?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=3lerxl11zdzp

Is this guy super Twinklex?

Posts like these are one of the most hilarious things about this general tbqh

Brutal MAgging

Am I retarded for doing a 5x5 but every workout is the big 3 (bench, dl, squat)? Im just starting btw

this is by far the funnies tho

Attached: skärmskjut24.jpg (690x356, 61K)

That is the correct way to start, generally agreed upon at least in powerlifting general.

He squats more than anybody currently in this general not on steroids.

Attached: 1546373672315.gif (2784x590, 2M)

Attached: BB79FECA-F81F-4C20-87CC-F11FDFF92613.jpg (2531x1898, 951K)

>tfw no powerlifting homeboys to train with

Attached: 1544221872344.jpg (480x480, 79K)

Couldn't tell from his size though.

How the fuck do I get to look like I lift if that guy outsquats Isley and looks like nothing

i've deadlifted with an abscess in my hand

Dude he's 5'5" and competes at 95 he's an absolute unit

Take photos from most flattering angle shirtless. You're not gonna look massive while in clothing.

I'm writing a free PDF booklet for strength training and building muscle for complete beginners. Going to keep it very short and concise. What do you think are the main weaknesses of the most popular linear progression programs?

Attached: a.gif (300x300, 1.17M)

He does look muscular by normie standards.

> 5'5"
oooooooooof yike

Just stand next to small people
MA has the right idea

Attached: 20190317_095411.jpg (652x486, 215K)

the callus under my pinkie got a bit bloody yesterday and stings now
what do bros

Attached: IMG_20190317_144113.jpg (1488x1984, 312K)

Get a band aid and straps until it's healed

Not looking muscular by normie standards is very very hard

This. Recently did 7 sets of deadlift with band aid over callus and straps.
Or that.

Having some nice friendship time this weekend :) hope everyone else is having a nice weekend as well

No, but it's perfectly fine m

Congratulations on that DO pull. I have a very strong grip and I train it constantly, and my best is 180 kg from the floor and 220 kg from racks. But my gym has garbage bars with no grip. You twinks talking about this don't even understand how hard it is.

Thanks btw

Y'all niggers don't even hook grip one hand deadlift

Who is the genius that thought turning weightlifting assistance lifts into a sport was a good idea?

Attached: AD-OFF-PLATFORM-NZ-Shooter.jpg (1200x800, 219K)

"MA" unironically looks like your average tv-watching couchpotato mutt
just lmfao at powerlifting

Post body and lifts twink

>weightlifting assistance lifts
*Football assistance lifts

Attached: DSC.jpg (1932x2576, 595K)

The dieting is retarded and either too simple or too complicated.

Not enough diagrams showing proper forms

Not enough emphasis on aesthetics - i.e doing accessory workouts to ensure you dont end up as a T rex

Not enough information on what should and should not feel sore after a work out

How's the bulk to 160 going?

Nice body twink

How does it feel to squat less than 4plate?

ask your mutt wife lmfao

>being shorter, weaker, and weighing less than a woman
Now post your lifts.