Are weightlifting shoes worth it?

Are weightlifting shoes worth it?

Attached: reebok-legacy-lifter-mens-cn1000-f.jpg (800x800, 62K)

yes

no

yes, heel height maybe not so much, depending on squat style and how shit your ankle mobility is, but a stiff sole makes a huge difference

I have no idea.

For Squats and Oly lifts, yes.
Everything else, probably not buy some chucks or Adidas samba.

Op here, Atm using barefoot shoes when doing squats, but was wondering if should buy proper weightlifting ones.

is there some shoes what are superior compared to others? or just go with whatever feels best?

I just bought some myself. It feels a lot more stable than regular runners when doing oly lifts. Probably the best part is the added safety when lifting, plus you have better confidence that you aren't going to fuck your shit up, so you can lift higher weights and progress faster.
I'd say that if you are consistently squatting/doing oly lifts for a month, then go buy some shoes. You'll notice the improved stability and increased feeling of safety. Prove to yourself that you're dedicated to doing the lifts before you shell out the money for the shoes. I'm doing them often enough that its worth it as an investment in the hobby.

Yes, definitely for weightlifting.
But you need to feel comfortable on your feet without shoes, too.

I've found hard soles way easier to sqaut and even deadlift in, i used to use chucks but the lifting shoes feel better for me at least

I found squats a lot easier to do with them and OHP felt a lot more stable, I've had pic related for probably around 5 years and they're still in great condition

not super necessary but nice to have

Attached: img_1092.jpg (1760x1199, 178K)

Reminder that if you don't lift naked you are NOT natty

Reminder that if you don't lift naked you are ON GEAR!

Interesting in getting some for my birthday. I've been using chucks for over a year and they've been serviceable but I feel that I would benefit from some proper weightlifting shoes. What are the best kind for the best price?

for squats (and other oly stuff), yes, definitely.

"ankle mobility" is a meme if you don't have the right proportions or morphology for squatting deep. squat shoes help with positioning and help prevent injury to the feet/calves.

I just bought a pair, I really like them.
I bought the Adidas powerlifts 3.1 because they were dirt cheap

They are worth every penny (especially if you have long legs and short torso). Get yourself adipowers or other high end model and they will last you for at least 5-10 years.

I didn't know you need special shoes to lift.

Better not lift in runner shoes.

I've heard they make a huge difference if you high bar or front squat, but not so much for low bar, and you outright don't want them for diddles.

“Weightlifting shoes” this is more cringe than wearing gloves.
Just buy a fuckin pair of skate shoes and squat in those

Actually, when I have gloves (something between bar and hand) I feel more pump from "squeezing" the bar, not only ripping my skin from it.
You don't work out I see.

Buy whatever and take them off when lifing

They're cozy on the squat, press, row and bench.
But barefoot or chucks/vibrams for deadlifts or whatever, don't want to make normal pulls into deficits.

You can try out a similar effect by putting microplates below your heels when squatting.

Yes, I love mine so much, feels so good and not even expensive, they will last for years.

This. 200 bucks for squats that you probably skip more often than you'd admit, doesn't seem a good idea, when flat shoes moderately works for everything

They were for me, but a pair of chucks is pretty much just as good. They just help me keep my foot planted during squats and some other lifts.

You can get Oly shoes from reebok or adidas for like 100 i got mine for 70 during a new years sale.

I found on my local Reebok outlet some "Lifter PR" on sale at 90 bucks but they were ugly, uncomfortable, insufficient heel support, not worthy at all.
I'd love to try some Romaleos or Adipower but no store have them available locally, then again, for just one lift, they better be cheap and comfy.

Are you squatting over plates? Isn't that a bit unsafe?

>“Weightlifting shoes” this is more cringe than wearing gloves.
But they actually help by letting you squat deeper, meaning you can catch deeper. They're also flat soled (better energy coupling with the ground) and strong as fuck so they won't fall apart while you're putting massive forces into them. For powerlifters they kinda help with bench by making leg drive easier (going up on the toes is a no-lift) and again with the squats

Attached: kendrick_farris_main.jpg (1188x1028, 398K)

How important is lifting to you? If yes, then yes, if meh, then no.

I would just get some chucks then and call it a day.

Yes. I wear them no matter what I'm doing. Helps with ohp stability, squat, quad activation during deadlift, leg drive during bench is questionable but I still like them for that too

That's what i'm doing, and sometimes, squat/deadlift barefoot if i'm lifting out of my gym.