I'm an 18-year-old high schooler that does hardwood flooring with his uncle ever summer...

I'm an 18-year-old high schooler that does hardwood flooring with his uncle ever summer. Was just wondering if strength training would make my job a little easier?

Any tips for a 5'7 manlet?

>inb4 dyel

Attached: fitizen .jpg (369x960, 84K)

Also any tips for a wristlet?
It's hard controlling the edger when you don't really have the strength or stamina to make sure it doesn't fuck up the floor.

Attached: back.jpg (567x960, 113K)

wouldn't make it easier at all. dont bother

Rip your knees

just lift nigger what hte fuck and don't fucking evne think about shit like "im a wristlet manlet dyel" etc EVEN if u just think its like ironic shitposting.
also fuck lifting for strength lol, just lift for mass and you will accumulate some/a lot of strength gains simultaneously. go on a 4x a week U/L split

What's wrong with my knees?

When I scrape and use sandpaper on the corners and stairs in the hardwood flooring business I'm almost always on my knees.

Attached: what is wrong .jpg (960x591, 102K)

So lifting for mass would help?
Honestly, I just want to carry (pic related) one in each hand without feeling like I want to die every time I go up a flight of stairs.

Attached: 254.jpg (1600x1600, 250K)

> I'm almost always on my knees

>Was just wondering if strength training would make my job a little easier

Of course it would help. Tremendously

So how long would it take until I can start carrying (pic related) which is 250lbs from a RAM truck and up a flight of stairs without help?

I barely weigh 140lbs on a good day.

Attached: omega-8-floor-sander.jpg (468x499, 116K)

Why did you make it a point to say a ram truck?

It probably would help some but not really worth the time. I spend roughly 3 hours a day on gym, eating, gym time, showering, eating with friends. Not worth the time to help you with your job.

If you want to go to the gym though and just need a reason to justify it you should. Going to the gym is almost always beneficial to your life.

Attached: 6f921a99-2608-4e16-a5f9-003c462ce6f3.png (590x631, 418K)

i would refuse lifting that unwieldy shit up any stairs and it doesnt matter if i was the strongest man in the world. its a two man job not only because of the weight but also the size and shape.

If that thing is indeed 250lbs, you will never be able to pick it up and carry it around some stairs. And even if you could, it's dangerous, you could very easily hurt your back doing that

The motor is the heaviest thing about the machine but you CAN take it off but the rest of the machine is heavy too.
Also, my uncle prefers to not take the motor off until we're at the truck which means we have to carry that shit down the stairs or sometimes I have to do it myself.

(I usually take off the motor when he isn't looking but the motor is still heavy as shit.)

Because it's my Uncle's truck and he's the boss. He's made it a point to tell me that I should NEVER damage it.

No need for strength training, the +2 CON dwarf racial will be enough

idk i dont have a physically demanding job so i have no experience as to how lifting will change how easy the shit is. but lifting for mass will absolutely give you strength as well, while lifting purely for strength might just leave you looking like shit.
but start lifting bro, it's 100% worth it and beneficial in all regards other than the fact that it takes up some time of your day. make sure u incorporate deadlifts & probably some farmers walks (for specificity)

you seem like a good hard working kid. i started strength training when i started my first job as i was pretty weak from not doing anything useful for the last couple of years, it really made a huge difference and if you´re just starting out the noob gains will come pretty quick. you should take it easy on your back though, its easily damaged and hard to repair. dont lift that heavy shit on your own.

Thanks that means a lot.
Despite me not being the smartest of the bunch I always make sure to work every summer with my uncle since he's the breadwinner of the family. I also figured since I'm too autistic to get a good but lazy job that I should become a hardwood floorer as my permanent job since I'm basically my uncle's apprentice except that he actually pays me $300 in cash or check with sometimes a raise every week.

>I should become a hardwood floorer as my permanent job
36 y-o here
If I could reverse time, I would pick up a trade job like this and start working full time after high school. As long as you prioritize honest quality work, there's always gonna be plenty of jobs for you and you'll be your own boss. Just make sure to take care of your body (ie: by not lifting this heavy equipement)

I'm not OP, but what path DID you take? Uni degree?