Jow Forums

Jow Forums

I am 28 year old male who is 6’5” and skinny fat

Been dieting and down from 230 to 218. My goal is 210 then start focusing on gaining some muscle through a slow clean bulk. However I have plateaued at 218 for the past two weeks.

I am currently eating 1800 calories a day and getting about 180g of protein on average a day.

I do 30 mins on the row machine and walk 10k steps a day.

What can I do to break the plateau? Am I eating too little and fucking up my metabolism?

Attached: C8DBB8D1-BEA4-48DC-AE6A-C670054EE83B.gif (500x248, 962K)

Bump

Sauce the pic?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Houseki no Kuni - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_17.07_[2018.06.15_22.40.16].png (785x929, 916K)

stop wait that arm has hair on it
thats not a girl

Attached: 7b9.jpg (326x326, 16K)

6 foot 2 190lb wanting to drop to 180lb but i've stopped losing weight, eating 1,800 calories a day with 180 protein daily and 3 days lifting full body workouts a week, little cardio daily, should I lower my calories or up my cardio?

Attached: 1550509903606.png (512x512, 114K)

why bother lifting when you're 10 years away from dying at that height?

Because I will live more in those 10 years at that height than any manlet can in 100 years.

bro what do you lift, can you 1/2/3/4? if you're a beginner it's likely you'll have to cut to like 180 and bulk from there

Never got into weight training. Going to get into it once I achieve my weight.

180 would be way too low for someone my size. I want to get 210 maybe 200 tops and start my slow clean bulk.

Ironic, shitty advice: read the sticky.

Are you fucking retarded? That is the sticky advice you fag

Bump.. still no decent replies? The fuck Jow Forums

18/6 IF

It's given ironically because the sticky is a fucking meme.

Based

Someone answer this man!

There is no good reason to not start now. You don't have to go balls to the wall right off the bat, but you can squat/bench/deadlift/OHP the bar (or some babyweight on deadlifts that'll put the bar the proper height off the ground) and LP up a bit, in order to build basic proficiency at executing these lifts, while still dieting. You'll be more ready to train hard when you start regaining weight once you've hit your target.

The extra activity can only help you lose weight as well.

Be into women, and you'll see mad gains. Defeat nihilism for increased motivation. Start a family

Get a friend to use calipers and tape to determine your body fat percentage.

Stop doing low intensity steady state and begin doing high intensity interval training instead.

Can you please show us your physique? Also, what are your macros?

Thanks Jow Forums!

I’ll start throwing some weight training in with my cardio. Like you say it won’t hurt anything, only help.

I’m just curious why I would hit a plateau so early on. I just keep doing what I’m doing and eventually I’ll break through right?

TDEE goes down as your weight goes down. What you're experiencing is not only common, it's inevitable. You can either raise CO or lower CI, or you can content yourself with being 218 and just recomp. (Remember that muscle mass burns more energy passively than fat mass does, so if you're 218 at 20%bf, you'll have a higher TDEE than at 30%bf)

what are you eating? be specific
nutritional deficiencies can hinder your efforts, especially with a heavy cut like youre doing

> Breakfast: Premier Protein Shake, 1 cup a Spinach, 1Tbsp Chia Seeds blended with ice. ~220 calories 40G protein

Or 4 eggs scrambled

> Lunch: either skipped completely or another shake

> Dinner: Steak, Lamb or Salmon burgers with a whole large avocado

I’ll have one or two days a week like I deviate do to social functions or weakness. But this is my daily diet 5 days a week usually.

Thoughts?

i mean just from a quick glance it appears youre taking it seriously. just remember to maintain a proper electrolyte balance; it seems like based on your diet plan you could be sodium deficient which is fucking with your water retention, in addition to a decent amount of meat and roughage that could be sticking around in your digestive tract longer than you expect. take that with a grain of salt; ive done all my cutting with willpower, self hatred, and drug abuse lmfao