/fat/ - Karate Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For lazy roly poly roundbois who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micro-nutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>walk, swim, or bike, just get moving.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Attached: fyukmjkfjhu.png (850x900, 161K)

LOOK SHARP ITS HIS HOLINESS THE POPE

CONFESS

Attached: tjukfkiflo.png (261x313, 13K)

Nothing to declare, your Holiness.

May I have a blessing?

I'm back after two weeks of eating like shit. I imagine I put on about 3-4kg. I hate myself, I'm a fat fuck, but here I am anyway, back on the train.

I didn’t accurately count my calories at dinner last night, I guesstimated. But it all was low-fat high protein. And I had two diet sodas.
Also at over half my daily calories for breakfast this morning. Gonna have to skip lunch to stay on track.

Forgive me oh porcine pontiff. For it is St. Patrick's day and the corned beef and whiskey was plentiful.

I commissioned my fursona

About to start my hard cut for about 7 weeks. 1500 calorie deficit, animal cuts, 30-40 mins of cardio every day. I need to cut extra hard this year compared to last year because I put on a lot of fat this year and bulked way too hard. I know I'm going to lose some muscle but if it means I can drop down from mid 20s body fat % to around 15% hopefully in that time.

Wish me luck, /fat/

Attached: wo2.jpg (700x700, 417K)

No spoilers on Jow Forums so here we go.

The main reason I work out and diet is because I want to get closer to looking like the furry art I jerk off to.

Hopefully one day retroviral engineering will make all things possible.

Attached: 1552723035875.jpg (400x500, 21K)

>1500 is a hard cut

Forgive me father, for I have sinned.
Just stuffed my stupid face with mcdanks. Still over 30 pounds down in almost two months, gotta get back on the gaintrain.

Attached: Pathetic.jpg (207x243, 6K)

its actually closer to 2k but I just rounded down. I'm 6'2, 215, lifting about 2 years. Currently eating about 1200 cals per day.

Listen fat people if you cannot cut garbage out of your diet you're pretty much useless

And the cakes, and the pies, and the beer. So much beer

decided not to go to family's st. pat's dinner cuz ill be too tempted by the corned beef, soda bread, baileys, etc.... feels bad

Attached: 1465239058999.jpg (665x720, 81K)

If you can’t fit one cheat day into your life every once in awhile FOR YOUR FAMILY then you are a failure

You sound weak.

This, as long as "cheat day" means at maintenance at most.
Its fine to have a little more now and then on special occasions if its like once a month, social gains are also important, but you can also either plan ahead and eat less in prepartion for it or compensate for it later for it to make no damage. It's good training for when you're done losing weight and have to enter the normal life of mantaining while also having a social life.

I lie to people about my actual weight

>Cut carbs out of general daily meals
>Stopped drinking soda and energy drinks
>Eat more spinach and less greasy food
>Walk 10km a day and did more at-home exercises
>Still 250lbs after 5 months
When does the weight loss start?

Attached: 4uZsf6B.png (1079x1421, 1.31M)

Something isn't adding up here. Reexamine yourself and find out what you're missing.

When you stop eating so much.

COUNT
YOUR
CALORIES

After you git gud enough to accurately guesstimate you can more or less stop, but you need to build up that base of knowledge first.

okay just learned a bunch of stuff, I eat in general 2600 calories a day (1000 of that comes from dinner), I actually lost 40lbs within those 5 months but my digital scale is a piece of shit that doesn't work, and Bananas have 100 calories and a lot of natural sugar apparently

Attached: lex-luthor-amanda-waller-public-enemies-movie.jpg (500x290, 22K)

forgive me father for i have sharted. time to change my ways, i guess

What's the best way to get 200g of protein, other than eating 800g of chicken breasts?

Chicken thighs or tenderloins.

Tenderloin is a great idea, thanks user!

I went from 117lb to 110lb in 2 weeks and I was still drinking energy drinks. What's wrong with you.

I could blame my genetics, but the reality is probably the fact that I still ate like complete shit for my first 2 months and thought doing heavier exercises would balance it out.

Attached: 1552779958352.jpg (650x662, 339K)

Scrolling through the catalog, Op's pic and thread name reminded me if something I drew.

Pic related.

Attached: smk.png (4500x4500, 3.42M)

How the fuck do I lose this muffin top it's the only thing left. Are there any exercises for it?

Your art style looks familiar. The letters MKH don't mean anything to you, does it?

Eat less.

If you still have a noticeable muffin top I doubt you're very lean yet. Muffin tops on the vast majority of people go away sub 20% BF.

I eat less than 1500calories a day. I can't eat any less since I won't be getting much protein in.

Forgive me father for I have sinned, it has been three weeks since my last confession
I got home from work 2 hours ago, felt like shit, had a cry and ordered domino's pizza

I just ate 2 medium pizzas by myself while sitting on my bed

>Skim through thread
>Multiple mentions of corned beef
Do Irish-Americans actually eat that shit? I've never associated it with st.Patrick's day here

why u cry

I've been doing so well Father, but my city has started it's yearly 3 week burger battle, tons of restaurants putting up custom gourmet level burgers for a few weeks, I will do my best

Just remember, that event will pass quicker than it will take to burn those calories, user.

We got high as a kite and ate boxes of rice crispies and peanut butter.

My life is a mess, I can't find a better job than the one I'm in, I've had to move back from a place where I had a social circle and good friends to home, in the 2 years I've been home I've made no friends, everyone at work thinks I'm a robot because my social skills have atrophied to the point where I can't hold a conversation when once I could sit down and start talking to random people without hesitation

I can't even go out and have a drink for St.Patrick's day despite being in Ireland and having to literally walk through a street party to get home because everytime I drink I either end up binging into a coma or have 2 beers and start to feel suicidal

Not a frequent browser of /fat/, but I started my weight loss exactly one year ago and I feel like marking the occasion, even if it's just a post on a samoan tribal dancing board. Pic related is my progress. How I did it:
>cut out junk (no soda, fast food, candy, ect.)
>used calorie counter app called Lose it
>maintained caloric deficit of 500 cals every day
>intermittent fasting
>trained for and ran a half marathon
Been doing calisthenics since January. Going for a lean, fighter build. Just wanted to let you guys know it's possible. Good luck. We're all gonna make it.

Attached: 18BD5986-7C73-4A39-B3C4-CA92582C3199.jpg (1242x910, 451K)

Do you guys ever feel like you don't deserve to have friends or to go out into the world until you're normal weight?

Height? Any loose skin?

I have no friends and I dont go outside anyway, the weight isnt much of a factor in those

Why the fuck am I gaining weight back. Is it fasting time again? 5'7 weighed in at 159lb today FUUUCK.

Are you a child? What's wrong with 159lbs?

5'7

Weighed myself this yesterday boys, can no longer medically be called obese.Thank you friends

I'm 5'7 165 and I'm fat. 160 is no bueno

As opposed to what? Are you a dude, female? You sound like a troll, to be honest.

What is the difference between a PSMF diet and a keto diet?

I’m 5’8 210, fuck you

ASCENDING

Attached: 1541490474406.png (467x496, 97K)

I'm XXY, low muscle tone, I should probably be around 130-135

So, do I lift weight or do cardio as a fat loss activity? I'm not crazy fat, but I've been lifting somewhat for the past few months. I like cardio a lot more as I'm already feeling the effects and I'm much more efficient(Its's literally just running/ jogging on an elliptical for an hour, no rests and no looking for other machines) also what kind of cardio and/or lifting should I specifically do?

I'm 5'10". Skinny-fat right now. Maybe a little loose skin around my waistline, but I'm banking on it going away once I start to get some more definition in my core.

>ate a wedge of cheese for dinner again

Attached: Blade Runner 2049 (2017).mkv_snapshot_02.31.21_[2018.02.11_17.30.26].jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

You're going to burn calories either way, but putting on muscle will increase your metabolism, which burns more calories. Doing both is a win/win. The cardio is whatever you can handle or push yourself in within the limits of your body. Walking, running, sports, etc...

shorter people have less mass which means they need to weigh less

i know this is a fucking mindblowing concept to you so ill take any and all questions

Are your really XXY or are you XX with a short haircut or XY with a desire to mutilate your penis? XXY is super uncommonly rare and while I won't discount that if you're genetically the case you better be genetically the case to make a claim like that.

What supplements do you guys take?
I'm about to order Jet Fuel Superburn

Are there any other supplements you guys recoomend? Someone recommend CLA

is this true? I've always heard from people that Cardio is best for weight loss, I have a fuckton of muscle but I need to lose weight so I'm doing Cardio only right now

Right, because you were so forthcoming with additional information that made would make an adequate response. My bad *Jerk-off motion*

No, I am, and I actually wish I was a man. I look like a teenager in my late 30s

Because it was a "holiday" weekend and I had a party, I ate (and drank) like shit for 2 days straight. I was doing low carb before and the scale shot up 7lbs. I'm jumping back in tomorrow and hopefully all that stored water + some fat will drain back out by next week.

So XX with a short haircut. Just become a butch lesbian. Buy yourself a Harley and ride around town with your fatass girlfriend on the back. You'll be happier than wishing what never was.

People who've been bodybuilding for a few weeks would eventually come across this information. Your body burns more calories because it has to maintain your muscle mass, which means you eat more to keep your physique.

>>Eat more spinach and less greasy food

There's a lie hidden somewhere here, you're not keeping track of things. If you don't want to keep track so much then go the fasting/OMAD route.

After a really good week I ate about half a large pizza at work, counteracted it with fasting and a longer workout than usual, keeping things steady.

my weight keeps going up during big gainz period, any solutions do this?

I take vitamin D, and omega 3, I also use whey isolate to hit my protein target while keeping calories down.

Right now talking to my dietitian about potassium, since I know I get a terribly low amount a day, but I doubt I will buy that as a supplement.

I believe cardio burns more calories than weight training, but you got to watch out that the body will use muscle as energy before tapping into fat stores

As for doing both, I do both as well, but started with cardio. I liked that first because I was able to increase how much stress I could take at an elevated heart rate. I've tried weight lifting before at my peak weight without cardio and I'll say that I am glad I did cardio first. Doing squats too fast made me light headed but now it's not an issue. I love weight training though since running did not fix my shitty posture, however weight training has been getting me to stop looking like a hunchback, I've mostly corrected my hips and shoulders from just a month and a half of working out 3 days a week. My neck still needs work though

Just stop eating so much? Are you possibly retaining a lot of water due to a high sodium intake? I don't have all the answers.

Hey guys, update on my Keto diet, I've included some workouts from BodyBuilding/com I just follow a trainer on their workout plan... it's super nice and easy, can do it at home if the plan doesn't require a full gym. I'm doing FYR it's HIIT. I feel so much fucking better, blood back in my muscles, air in my lungs, my mind is clear again.

I really recommend it. I've lost 17lbs in 2 weeks with KETO and HIIT.

Jump rope 30 mins a day, few times a week.

I bought and ate a whole tolberone

I went keto 3 days ago and im full after eating 1200 calories of fatty groundbeef and eggs. Makes fasting easier too. Gonna be easiest cut of my life when my maintenance calories are 2700

Also for any females lurking, I recommend Fitmiss IGNITE pre-workout, makes me feel great. I sound like a promotion but I'm not, just excited.

Keto makes you feel full, and for longer. It's a great tool for weight loss for sure.

I got to eat 2 bratwursts for dinner, ate it with a salad with blue cheese crumbles, green peppers, and olive oil. I love my life.

>tired of being /fat/
>buy into the 'drop 1 lbs per week by only slightly under eating' meme
>it doesen't work: weight fluctuates between 237 and 245 (6'0")
>say fuck it and start just eating only an 600 turkey sandwich, and a few coffee's per day.
>start losing literally a pound a day
>feel hungry around dinner time but other than that no ill effects
>every 5 days is a cheat day where i do my entire routine once in the morning and once in the evening
>literally lose 10 pounds and so far it has been easy as fuck to just basically starve myself rather than try and shoot for just under what i need to maintain my body.

its working lads.

I just bought a whole $5 worth of greek yogurt but it tastes awful, help

D3 and fish oil. i have orthostatic hypotension and i've heard that potassium sometimes helps so i might see about that

cardio burns more at the time but the increased muscle mass you get from lifting helps more in the long run. it's really up to preference and if you're happy with the way your frame looks when you get lean

You ever pulled a rubber band back so hard and then let go of it? That's what's going to happen to your body and weight in about months time

I did the same thing not too long ago. There's literally nothing you can do to make it taste good if you don't like it. Just get rid if it and mourn the loss of your money.

i think itll be fine. i think massively overeating every 5 days should be enough to keep my metabolism high.

granola, berries, maple syrup, whey powder, nuts. you can mix it into oatmeal or fiber cereal. if it's plain and you're ok with wasting some of it, you can marinade meat in it like you would with buttermilk.

Doing what you're doing is "easier", but you're gonna end being a skinnyfat.

You're not exercising so I guess it doesn't really matter, but if you want to look good at the end you'll need to bulk and cut again while lifting.

>i think massively overeating every 5 days should be enough to keep my metabolism high
kek

i forgot to mention that i still do my normal routine every day.

that's fucking next level shit man, u sure u gonna make it?

Imagine being this retarded.

>he fell for the "metabolism drops if you're on a diet" meme

I'm in healthy range for bmi but want to lose this last 20lbs.

It was "only" 1300kcal but I ended up 800kcal over my goal for the day ;_;

Welp, chips are going on the shitlist.

It wasn't all bad, I threw away 90% of the Oreo package I bought. 70 calories per cookie my ass.

Attached: O5frxzS[1].png (744x498, 50K)

My stack, boyfriend wants me to drop the protein but I don't want to yet, it tastes like coffee ice cream. The Ripper was too strong for me but I think bc it's made for men.

Attached: IMG_20190317_224329139.jpg (2448x3264, 2M)

inb4 40 posts responding to the obvious bait cronometer

How's your hairdryer doing?

>larping as a woman on a buttfucking taiwanese forum

bet it tasted like heaven though