Fucked up back at only 22

Am I fucked Jow Forums?
I went to a chiropractor place recently, Chiro One I think it's called. Anyway, they had a special offer/promotion going on, 20 bucks for one free xray and a consultation of sorts. Long story short, guy there said I should come in twice a week for like 10 weeks; get my back adjusted and do a half an hour of physical therapy. Do you think there's other options? Does it look really bad? I do have constant pain when i move a certain way, can't really squat or deadlift without more pain. So it's a big issue. He also told me it may be the reason I barely have a sex drive but idk about that. I have anxiety and depression too so that might be why my dick is dead unless I really force it to work.
Any advice?

Attached: 20190315_081208.jpg (2576x1932, 1.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertebral_subluxation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have neck issues as well but last few months the lower back has definitely been more persistent in terms of aching or tightness.

You must not realize this is a bad place to ask for advice.

Attached: 1220033013111.jpg (450x600, 45K)

depression isnt real

yea should probs do it

Attached: 1552444515244.jpg (240x194, 10K)

Is sitting up straight hard for you?

Herniated discs can't be diagnosed with an X-Ray. Chiropractic medicine is also largely disproven by science.

They're likely scamming you.

So I sincerely doubt that chriropractors know how to read x-rays, and have no doubts that what he told you is what he told the other 20 people he saw earlier in the day.

Well, it doesn't look like he was lying about the hips being off and my spine not being like it should. But yeah could be bs, the idea that I need 10 weeks of physical therapy and all.

I wouldn't say its hard, no. But I do have bad posture usually. It feels stitf when I do sit up straight.
He didn't say it was a herniated disc. Just that my spine curves like it shouldn't, and that my hips are uneven. What are my other options if not a chiro?

> Chiropractors

Attached: 1552826839472.png (1000x432, 137K)

Go see a real fucking doctor jesus christ

I was shocked this wasn't the first reply. This is what you need to do OP.

You’re being scammed.

see physical therapy is also a meme, athlean-x has all the gym workouts you could possibly need to fix most postural problems and imbalances for free on their youtube

physical therapy is for severe injury recovery. i didn't even get any when i broke my wrist and i'm at 100% easily from just going to the gym and doing things that made sense.

they do the special promotion to lure u in then charge u full price for the treatment u "have" to do

Good luck with youtubing Neuro rehab when you have a stroke.

Physio is about the only one of these quacks worth a shit (chiro/osteopath etc)

They're money maker bro
They do some x-rays, says it is not normal, use barnum effect; they use general desciption to make you believe it (depression, back problem, libido problem; everyone has those to some degrees), then they tell you to come back for fixing all your problems.
They scamming you
The moment you read about offer/promotion 20bucks for a fucking xray you should have got it
It is likely not your xray

So is a chiropractor office.

dude is scamming the fuck out of you lmao

What do you mean? My general doctor?
I'll look that channel up, thanks. I'm skeptical of everything I was told, yeah. I dont see why I cant just do exercises at home until I feel better. Ive heard chiropractic stuff is BS and even my therapist said he's skeptical of it all but idk. I feel good after I've gotten adjustments it just doesnt last.
Yeah, that's exactly what I figured. I just did it out of curiosity desu, not like 20 bucks is alot.
Lmao, yeah I figured it's BS for 20 bucks, on Yelp they have two really bad reviews too. Few good ones but could be fake.

Sounds like they are trying to scam you dude.

Happiness isn't real either.

Shameless self bump

redpilled

>twice a week for like 10 weeks
You're being scammed. Go to a real doctor and get seen.

>Hey guys I have constant pain
>Is it reasonable that somebody thinks I should do PT or is that just crazy talk?

Attached: 1533173291336.png (512x512, 3K)

Go see a real doctor, I've had chiropractors so incompetent to the point where they straight up lied about what was wrong with me.

I hurt my back dead lifting around the same age. Went to a Sports Medicine Doctor and my pain is totally gone. They are the only professional help worth seeking.

1. Chiropractic is a blatant pseudo-science on par with phrenology. The guy who made it was a magnet healer who believed in vitalism and that chiropractic can treat all illnesses.

2. Chiros X-ray people needlessly all the time, like you. X-rays should be done only for suspicion of serious issues.

>guy there said I should come in twice a week for like 10 weeks;

Yeah, no shit. They tell that to literally everyone. Their goal is to make you come in for the rest of your life. The majority of their patients are asymptomatic. Chiro is a major scam and they use tons of fear mongering.

4. The basis of Chiropractic is the vertebral subluxation, which doesn't exist.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertebral_subluxation

>Do you think there's other options? Does it look really bad? I

None of us are qualified to talk about this, and neither are Chiros.

>Well, it doesn't look like he was lying about the hips being off and my spine not being like it should.

A Chiro is not gonna be able to change any of that with simple adjustments. The "adjustments" Chiros make is basically on par with cracking your knuckles. You can't move entire bones by just cracking them. The theory and practice of Chiro is totally unfounded.

Chiros are quacks and a big scam.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic

My general doctor should be able to help right?
Sports medicine doctor, never heard of that. I'll google it.
Hmmm.... yeah, that was their favorite word to toss around. Subluxation. Every time it could be mentioned it was, they even made me watch an 8 minute video explaining it, lol.
I've heard people do end up just keeping on going back over and over not really getting the relief they need. It has helped my grandma and her bad back but I guess maybe most of the time it really is needless crap.

DESU I love going to the chiro and I wholeheartedly advocate going to them. I go whenever I get sore that doesn't improve over a couple of days. They especially helped with sciatica pain. Ever have pain on the inside of your thigh, or one that runs down your leg? It originates from your hip. You know when you hit your funny bone and your hand goes tingly? That's just like these "subluxations" except your vertebrae are squishing the disc the nerve comes out of, causing pain. The chiro pushes those vertebrae back into the proper position to alleviate that pressure.
>inb4 they aren't real doctors
Yeah no shit you dumdum. They don't have a medical license they have a doctorate. Chiropractors have a degree, usually in physio or kinesiology, and then they continue their education. You call people doctor when the have a doctorate. That's why chiros refer to themselves as doctors. No doubt that there are quacks out there, but you can find some real ones and they help so much.

Chiropractors also account for 1/3rd of all strokes in people under the age of 30. That one famous instanthot recently died of a major stroke after visiting a chiro just days before for “neck pain”. 34 years old.

Its probably massively under-reported too. It's hard to track down and connect. Chiros should at least be banned from doing neck manipulation.

Vertebral subluxations are things only Chiros can detect, and only Chiros can heal. They claim all disease stems from these subluxations.

Clamshells, bridges, and planks. Use a resistance band with the clamshells and bridges. Make sure you do them correctly.

Attached: 20190306_150139.jpg (1080x1233, 423K)

see a REAL doctor.

i don't have any of those problems

>osteopath

You are terminally a faggot.

>oh ok back pain huh
>*touches back a bit*
>hard to sit/stand/lie down/move?
>hmm yep ok
>yep ok seems you have some muscle imbalances, here's a referral to a physio/chiro also start exercising more/less (depending on current lifestyle) and take some vit c
>that'll be $25 plus tip
Wow, very productive. Stop wasting the doctor's and your own time with shit they can't do anything about and that is trivial to diagnose. Your x-ray looks totally fine by the way, you most likely just have a simple muscle strain. If you want to fix it, just try to relax as much as possible, eat plenty of calories (+protein, gelatinous/sinewy cuts in particular) then try to identify where in your daily activities postural deficit most frequently occurs, most likely your problem is caused from sitting down at a desk for too long.

Attached: 1495841827975.png (657x527, 31K)

The best thing you can do for your back is strengthen it.
Unless your handicapped do light squats and deadlifts with absolute perfect form.

>20 bucks for a free x-ray

Man, oh man. What was it that P.T. Barnum once said? "There's a sucker born every minute."

Chiros do not study physiotherapy or kinesiology, they 'study' a chiropractic course. Which is completely unfounded

>physical therapy is for severe injury recovery
>Good luck with youtubing Neuro rehab when you have a stroke

you passed dumb by miles ago, window licker

chiropracty is not medicine, they told you whatever they invented

>billion dollar athletic franchises all have chiropractors on retainer

BuT iT DoEsNt WoRk!1!

medfags are pathetic

>feel fine
>never considered once I may have a bad back
>Dr shekelstein offers me a "free" consultation
>find out that in actuality my back is completely fucked
>for good measure he talks about my manhood too
>need expensive treatment for ten weeks
GEE, I wonder who could be behind THIS ploy

Attached: 1551061824623.jpg (624x480, 61K)

I'll try those, thanks man.
Does my spine really look okay? I mean it does look like it curves to me and my hips are off, but obviously I'm no doc. I wouldn't doubt it could just be a muscle imbalance or something, idk. I've thought of getting an inversion table, think I might just do that, gotta relieve some pressure right?
I do sit too much. Not only do I drive for work, hours at a time, but I play a TON of vidya. Hours everyday.
Not a bad idea. Squatting 75 pounds or so doesnt seem to fuck my back up any more than it is. Deadlifts I dont have much experience with desu.
Lmao, yeah yeah I had a feeling it was a scam from the start. They can't really show me an x ray that isn't mine and tell me it is though, can they? Legally I mean.

They "study chiropractic" after getting a degree. No average joe blow can study chiropractic. That's when you get quacks

Listen man, i dont know anything about this shit but consider the source. That guy is trying to get you to come in so he can get more money. Thats the whole reason they had that special anyway, to get people to come in, tell them they’re fucked up, and schedule them to come back over a long period of time. Think about it before you commit.

Go to a fucking physical therapist

Chiropracter's aren't real doctors, user. They are trying to scam you. Go see a real fucking doctor.

>Just that my spine curves like it shouldn't, and that my hips are uneven.

you likely just have shit posture. go see a medically accredited physical therapist to get on a training regime to build up your core and work out muscle imbalances contributing to your shit posture. in the meantime just make a conscious effort to keep good standing, sitting, sleeping etc posture.

They are trying to milk you dumb ass

>Chiropracter's aren't real doctors, user. They are trying to scam you. Go see a real fucking doctor.

This also goes for Naturopaths and others. All scams.

27, same shit. Ez to fuck your back up if your a straping young lad and you help boomers with thier vane persuits and projects.

>Got some backache, huh?
>Have some painkillers.
Doctors are hacks. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life OP.