My gf wants me to work out here with her, is this place as bad as it seems?

Attached: bcb1beebaff7294b42d91a0860328905.png (1076x816, 762K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=--kbeV2Qvc4
youtube.com/watch?v=xBtqc8tpugU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>planet fatness

All cardio, no gains
Have fun with free pizza day

yes, possibly worse

Attached: 1550303339531.png (747x686, 44K)

How weak are you?
Seems like she wants to be a cardio bunny if she's going there.

If you're DYEL it's ok. Not optimal but you can start with dumbbells on EVERYTHING. otherwise it's trash. Trash people, trash environment, trash equipment.

meme gym

You should work out by yourself wherever you want to

>Have fun with free pizza day
This. My brother started going to one recently and I laughed at the idea of free pizza day. It basically keeps the fatties fat so they keep paying for their memberships

I'm pretty damn weak, I weigh like 150 lbs soaking wet, im 5'11. Will I see any progress with dumbells or should I just convince her to find another gym?

>50047550
bruh i was in there the other day signing my gf up and they have fucking tootsie rolls in huge bowls all over the place to snack on

Welcome to 4channel. Lurk more

You'll see decent progress. I had the opportunity to bulk from 140 to 180 skinny fat while working out at a small family gym. But once I got back home I ended up having to lift at PF for a while. Maintained and got a bit better chest and shoulders from just dumbbells only. But legs-wise it was a huge pain. Lots of goblet squats, lunges, single leg bullshit. You can make good gains but just gotta learn the right way.

Don't try to exert any effort user. If you grunt or people think you are lifting too hard (and making them feel uncomfortable), they have a literal "lunk alarm" that they will turn on, complete with siren and flashing light. They will chastise you for it, and mark your membership. If you set it off 3 times, they terminate your membership.
Might as well down some soilent and learn pegging techniques.
Or, you can tell your girl that you would like to find a gym with a comparable membership cost that is mutually beneficial for your fitness goals has a real squat rack.

Attached: 1551048728553.gif (226x200, 1.88M)

The purple will make u gay

>Not setting the lunk alarm off on purpose
His word is law.

I like it so far, I only started lifting weights about 4 weeks ago, and a month before that did cardio. I'm a fat guy going to skinny so I dont find it too bad. Its basically a normal gym you can bring a friend if you have the better membership. The biggest downside is no free weight barbells. So no military press, squat rack, bench, power cage. They only have Smith machines there for that stuff. But the upside sort of is if you're intimidated by free weights they have a variety of machines there since the space isnt taken up by the free weight barbell stuff. Hope this clears it up if you get into lifting and start to make it you'll probably wanna switch in 6 - 18 months. The free pizza day is kind of jokes most people dont eat it but there are some big bois that love a slice or nine

This.

You CAN progress here. It just has a stupid stigma. Stay focused.

I've also never have seen the lunk alarm go off but I feel like the planet fitness I go to is more chill, people bring there bags around drink out of big water bottles and wear stringers. They'll just ask you not to wear it next time if you were a really agressive stringer.

Can we see your GF's tits?

It’s downright scary. I usually go to golds, came here once and the attitude was completely different. At golds you got multiple rooms for different things, a nice bar to get food and shakes, and all in all feels friendly. Here you have
>no music
>all one big room
>all the machines are lined up in creepy rows
>the lunk alarm
It was like being in 1984

Tell me more Boomer-Sama

Don't listen to the naysayers in this thread.
Yes, Pf is pretty fucking gay due to the lack of barbells, but you can absolutely train every muscle in your body if you so desire to.
It's not the best, but it is still a gym, that has the tools necessary to improve yourself.

>only one fly machine
>2 thots sit on it and talk for 40 minutes

Attached: 1465146202465.jpg (569x510, 42K)

free pizza would be great for bulking tbqh

It’s cheap and if you like machines they just about have them all.

I hear it varies gym to gym on how obnoxius they are about the rules and how high the dumbells go.

>not hitting on them then when they shut you down you just say no haha I just want to use the machine haha

PF is good for losing fat, but
it's not good for gaining muscle

I spent my whole time in tech school at planet fitness cause it was close and cheap. Most of them don't even have benches or barbells, just smith machines, and the fixed weight barbells only went up to I think 80 pounds, then the same with the dumbbells. It's pretty memey but hey, it's $10 a month. Also they sound a siren if you grunt too lout or slam your weights, which is fucking stupid. It's the "lunk alarm," which is deeply ironic cause it's pretty fucking judgy.

Yeah man, that place sucks! When I daedlift and go uuuuuuughh people don't likje me!

Its definetly geared more towards housewives and fat fucks.

For what its worth, I go to one 3x a week for the stuff I cant do at home, and its pretty dead in there from 4-6am.

After 6am its not worth the irritation to go in there if you are not focusing on cardio.

Seems like a good way to get out of paying for it once you want to go to a better gym

No. It depends on the one you go to. The owner at mine is pretty chill retired marine.

Something tells me that PF orders all those purple tootsie rolls so that gym goers subliminally associate the purple walls there with the tootsie rolls, conditioning them like cattle to crave a sweet reward whenever they go.

The founders of PF are fucking geniuses. You may not like it, but this is what peak free market looks like

Attached: CF1BC036-0A19-4219-9846-00C0D67F103D.jpg (774x598, 84K)

Yeah. Cause eating pizza one day a month is going to keep you fat

you really believe that people that enjoy free pizza day at planet fitness follow a healthy diet plan the rest of the month?

I second this

Mix of these, PF is shit but I used to go with a gf (similar situation to you) because she didn’t like going to gold’s because of all the roidfags, I’m a former skellybro so I took full advantage of the tootsie rolls and pizza, in the 6 months I went there I added like 10lbs of muscle, and I stayed pretty mellow with my deadlifts but I set a pr of 405 there towards the end, so yes it’s shit, and yes you can progress there.
It’s more you than the gym user.

You should dump your girlfriend because we know she's not going to make it

>my gf wants me to work out here with her, is this place as bad as it seems?
Yes. They don't call it 'Planet FATNESS' for nothing. It's a scam intended to keep you fat and weak.
Your GF is probably fat. Dump her and get a Jow Forums approved GF.

It reinforces bad habits.

costs $10 a month. better than nothing. but if you can afford to go somewhere else you should.

If I told (hypothetical) gf to just go outside and run or something instead of giving this """gym""" $10 a month, how would that be taken bros?

Fitness 19 costs $10 a month and it's got a squat rack, benches, and no goddamned lunk alarm

Smith machines are hella gay. If the racks are taken I'll use one though.

World's Strongest Man Brian Shaw got kicked out of Planet Fitness:
youtube.com/watch?v=--kbeV2Qvc4
youtube.com/watch?v=xBtqc8tpugU

If you can’t go to a gym and make gains, the problem is you, not the gym.

Attached: 1D8FE28C-3896-4A62-8533-24B567E7DCAB.jpg (2048x1539, 695K)

If you're serious, look elsewhere. If it's a participating with your girlfriend thing, go ahead. This is a meme gym marketed towards people that are afraid of normal, not even hardcore, gyms.

I go there and it's ok as long as you go during off-peak hours, otherwise good luck ever getting to use the benches and free weights.

Lunk alarm, pizza etc are all just memes, people grunt and throw weights around all the time and nobody gives a shit.

Which I mean, why go to a 24 hour gym if you don't go off peak hours. Loved working graveyard and going at 3am after my shift. But now I go to InShape, honestly same thing but with less fatacceptance(tm) and a pool and sauna instead of tan and massage chairs. Bc I dont tan and the massage chairs are useless after u get a roastie that gives you real massages

22 and OP is gay

It’s worse

Based retarded user

I work at a PF, it's ok but fuck I hate my co workers. Bunch of lazy shits