Most worthless barbell lift

Most worthless barbell lift

Attached: received_573666799707444.jpg (1000x1000, 41K)

Correction, most alpha barbell lift.
By using decline bench you're literally saying "you know what, my upper chest is too well developed"

It’s benifits is the lower pec muscle.

Decline bench press, not even once

Actually, between flat and decline, studies have shown greater activation in both the middle and lower pecs with decline bench and about the same activation on the upper pecs in both cases. That’s bench the decline bench is mechanically advantageous and simply allows you to use more weight on the lift with a similar ROM.

The incline bench is actually useless. You get worse pec activation on the middle and lower than either flat or decline, and worse upper pec activation than an overhead press. Its a mechanically weak position and you simply can’t load as much weight, and you aren’t targeting the upper pecs as well as an OHP

So basically overhead press and decline bench is all you need.

Why not just do dips?

>decline bench press
>do it anyway

Attached: 1548536779792.png (2048x2048, 804K)

nice

flat bench press can do what declined bench press can so, declined bench press can't do what flat bench press can.
It is literally useless and if you do both you are wasting your time and energy.

retard alert

barbell bench is shit for chest development

Decline places your shoulders in a more neutral position so you can load up more weight.

>Why not just do dips?
Cause we're trying to get a big chest not triceps dumb fuck. Go back to ANP 101 you dickless big tricep havin dip shit

Since this thread is shit anyway. I've got a rusty barbell at home. Anybody got any idea how I could derust that fucker? It's too big to dunk it in cola or other household trick shit. Anybody got a recommendation for one of those derust foam sprays or whatever

You must have some nice little tities boy.

>and worse upper pec activation than an overhead press.
Nigger what the fuck? Are you spouting bullshit or have I been doing OHP wrong this entire time? I have never once felt it in my pecs.

Just try some wd 40 cuz u prob have some lying around and some 600grit sandpaper. carburetor cleaner also works and is my preference. Make sure you also have some of that blue shop rag on hand because it gets pretty messy.

thanks breh will try that

Just do incline/decline and you will hit the entire pec. Throw in dumbbells for the stabilisation muscles and greater ROM, plus cable flies as an accessory and your chest is done.

Attached: olympic-flat-bench-press-500x500.jpg (500x500, 31K)

I love it. I find I can add more weight, get a good pump, and it places less strain on my shoulders. A common workout I do is going heavy on decline, then incline dumbbell, and lastly burn out with flies or dips. It is great. You seem small brained desu.

Imagine thinking dips don't hit the chest hard
Haha smfh

Put your hand on your upper pec and lift your arm over your head. If you have any significant pec development you will feel it flexing. Upper pecs are a major mover and stabilizer in the overhead press, especially near the bottom of the lift.

Decline is good for the lowerus pectoralis. You need to do all three variations of the bench press to receive maximum benefit for your upperus pectoralis, middleus pectoralis, and lowerus pectoralis.

Is it bad that I only ever do flat? Should I be doing incline as well?

Attached: 378CA77F-8617-4377-B05E-42AA2D9D7B23.jpg (1024x538, 65K)

You should never incline. Its a pointless ineffective exercise, a retarded bastard between the flat bench and thhe overhead press. Jack of both trades, master of none, and its using gas that you could have spent on overhead press and decline bench

>t. Can't even do 3pl8s on it
I can do 4pl8s on decline and it's brought up my flat bench strength alongside it.

Had me till ohp most meme fucking casual dyel lift.

Its a great exercise for shoulders especially and also upper pecs and triceps. My shoulders have absolutely blown up since I started OHPing, and my chest feels way more square than before (used to be lower pec dominant).

That being said, IMO OHP should be down in the hypertrophy ranges with moderately heavy weight (5-10 reps, multiple sets). Pure strength training is pointless

>you aren’t targeting the upper pecs as well as an OHP
You shouldn't feel your pecs at all in an overhead press, the bench should only be inclined ~15 degrees in an incline press. Sounds like you're doing it wrong and doing an overhead press then blaming the exercise, retarded.

>decline bench
>use it anyway

It’s funny how the only people who say that have absolute shit benches. What’s a good chest exercise? Let me guess. Flies?

Oh fuck. I've been doing a wider grip than in the picture. Basically the tips of my thumbs were where the middle of his palms are. Should I switch to a narrower grip?

My bet would be with something like that metal brush that goes on a grinder. There are different grades of them some are softer that others. It worke graet to derust my old BBQ, I dont see why it wouldn't work on a barbell.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 9K)