Do heavy 3+ plate squats and deadlifts train abs enough?

Do heavy 3+ plate squats and deadlifts train abs enough?

Attached: abs_muscular_muscle_ripped_main.jpg (1188x1028, 253K)

They require strong abs, but are not enough for abs.

If you do front squats also yeah.

no. they'll make your abs strong, but they won't look good, and won't have endurance

What's something to add for abs that I can actually progress with weights on? All ab exercises all calesthenic memes and I can't use progressive overload

Abs respond to reps better. Add reps or sets, not weight, unless it's something like a weighted or cable crunch where you need the weight to stay under a million reps.

Best to do isometrics, avoid crunches/sit-ups

Planks.

Hanging leg raise. I hold a dumbbell between my feet.
For obliques you can do side-plank rows, but people will think you're mentally handicapped.

It's unironically impossible to get the weight on your back thogyh
> the number of reps/set is what matters and not weight meme
There's a reason calisthenic kiddie abs don't look Over developed

planks are absolutely uselss, all planks to is train you to be better at planks

Smart user, do you ever feel like the weight might fall out of your legs at the top of a rep?

Yes. I like it, though. I feel like it trains whatever pulls your legs together (abductor or adductor, I get them mixed up).

I get regular lower back pain when working out. I never so core exercises so I think it could possibly be a muscular imbalance causing the pain. Can anyone verify? I would say my lower back is relatively strong (5plate deadlift, 3 plate RDLs for easy reps) but my abs are very weak (untrained).
Also, what are the best ab exercises.Preferably not bodyweight but ones you can add weight to. Considering using ab machine at gym but looks gimmicky.

Attached: Gymnoob.jpg (500x751, 78K)

Nobody's talking calisthenics. Some muscles respond better to higher reps and some you just can't load that much to begin with. If you disagree plz post your 4 plate weighted incline situps when you get to them.

There are many ways to progress the plank. If you have to load a weight, put a pl8 on your ass, then plank. If you can't put enough pl8s without them slipping off, just have your gf sit on you :^)
Or plank on your palms instead of your elbows

>if you do X a lot, you get better at X

Attached: 1475489781757.jpg (685x567, 53K)

>muh calisthenics meme
>muh weight
>muh progressive overload
Lmao, unless you're able to do a clean front lever, you ain't in a position to talk any shit, you dirty ablet.

op asked what can he do to imrpove abs, not wht to do to get better at planks, planks as an ab exercise is 100% useless

1) Planks (work up to +90 seconds at a time, 4 sets)
2) Side planks (same)
3) Weighted situps (hold +20lbs in each hand across chest).
-gradually work on extending arms out overhead to increase difficulty of situps
-increase weight when you can do 30 without issue
-if you have a decline bench, even better
4) Lay on back. Extend legs. Make circles with your legs together just above the ground. After reaching 25, switch rotation (counter-clockwise).
5) Lay on back, bring legs together and kick them straight up (vertical). Lower them until parallel with floor. Bring them together and kick them straight up(vertical/up). Repeat until failure.
-add ankle weights to increase difficulty.

Thats the routine i use. Generally gets me a 6 pack in less than 4 months (have to be below 12% bf)

>heavy
>3 plate deadlift/squat
squats and deadlifts are enough for "abs"
if you cant see them, eat less
abs work isometrically, not through any contraction, they support your spine.
crunchs, situps, hanging leg raises are all hipflexor isolation, with the abs acting isometrically.
planks are uselss because its just isometrical contraction, which is taking place when you squat, deadlfit, ohp

Post body

Post body

I've never seen a big dude who only does calisthenics, they are an absolute waste of time if you lift for size

Planks and OHP

they will strengthen your abs enough so that you can deadlift and squat heavy but you could train them further by isolating them.

just add leg raises you fucking autist

No

Unweighted hanging leg raises for lots of reps

adduction is when a body part goes towards your body. IE you're "ADD"ing it to your body
abduction is when you move it away from your body

>lifting for size
kek

The abs primary function is not to crunch heavy weight, dumb fuck

nice post