Does insta-healing = insta-gains?

So I was thinking...

You know how Wolverine's thing is all about having like super regeneration? Could he just liftinfinitely, never getting tired, while his muscles just instantly repaired themselves thus never having to stop and getting swole as fuck? Hear me out here:

If someone had like super regenerative healing from any damage, which includes like the tearing of muscles when you're getting a pump on, They could just start a day as slender-man mode and end in like full hulk mode because their muscle would literally be healing and growing bigger with each and every rep. Could they effectively just circumvent the need for any rest period and get juicy as fuck in a few days, compared to an average human who'd take years to reach the same goals? Would that canonically make Wolverine the most effective hero for getting swole?

Food for thought.

Attached: Wolverine-616x462.jpg (616x462, 252K)

Other urls found in this thread:

plagueofstrength.com/dude-so-and-so-got-so-fucking-jacked-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=gocClPWVKIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's so epic

Attached: 1517931015484 (1).jpg (387x437, 41K)

capeshit

Well you'd need to eat too so as far as I can see the only real constraint is how long it takes you to digest to have the energy and calories to heal and grow. As long as that's taken care of, he'd literally be getting bigger with each rep.
Maybe that's why he's jacked

Attached: 1508148659117.png (230x230, 90K)

but wouldn't the super healing overrule the need for caloric intake for muscle repair/growth?

im genuinely curious now to how it would work out for wolverine. we need more capeshit nerds

Attached: 1322209436495.png (254x238, 60K)

Stop being a retard it's comic book logic, there's no point in trying to figure out how it would work in real life. Wolverine can regenerate from having most of his flesh blown off as long as his magic metal skeleton is still together or some shit. His regeneration goes against the law of conservation of energy, tons of the X-men have powers that are literally impossible.

I've actually thought about this a few times. In dragonball z, there are plenty of other characters that can regenerate like crazy and they're strong as fuck too obviously. I think in the new dbz show majin buu got thin and ripped after just like a day of training for the tournament between all the different universes.

Laws of physics are the law so I'd say that he needs the food. But I'm not a capeshitter nor a big super hero fan. If he doesn't need the caloric intake and can just spawn matter and energy then he's pretty much God.

>super healing

Ask yourself this; how does the body heal itself? Answer; it generates new cells to replace the damaged ones. With no energy nor materials to build new cells with, growth is impossible, period. If Wolverine followed the laws of thermodynamics and conservation of mass, he would have to eat every time he suffered major injury, or risk withering away.

My hypothesis is that Dragon Ball fighters are directly consuming energy to bypass metabolism, so don't need conventional sources of nutrition.

The answer is no because lifting doesn't actually cause micro tears in your muscles. Unless his powers give him infinite stamina or whatever, idk I don't read comics.

I also gave a lot of thought to this in the past, if I ever wrote about a character with super regeneration and no fatigue buildup the main advantage I'd give him for combat would be instant gains

Just imagine it, get yourself a couple of dead cows and start lifting and eating nonstop and by the end of the week you could have 20 extra kg of lean mass.

You would have a point if most of the Z fighters weren't known for eating retarded levels of food

Wolverine's healing factor actually comes from the meat dimension. Not fuckin kidding. There is a dimension comprised entirely of meat which is where is where the cells come from so he can regenerate.

This, it pretty much started the trope of anime characters going overboard when eating

His main weakness then would be that as he regenerates in combat, he gets weaker because he would need calories to maintain his mass. In other words, eventually hitting him enough would weaken and eventually kill him unlike magic wolverine regen.

all those millions of zenis from world martial arts tournaments must go into state-of-the-art plumbing systems.

that actually seems like a pretty reasonable weakpoint, have him begin fights jacked as hell and end them in skeleton mode if he gets hurt too much

This is what some iterations of speedsters have. Off the top of my head, Kid Flash had a limitation of constantly needing high calorie food because his metabolism was always running in 7th gear, and his performance would diminish as he continued running while hungry

>the meat dimension
u fuckin wat m8

Attached: 1552262569850.png (877x887, 656K)

so imagine the regular dimension but meat.

>First stage: Big, bulky and powerful, but slow
>Second stage: Medium build, strong yet agile
>Third stage: Extremely lithe and lean, preternaturally fast

>4th stage: auschwitz mode, any more hits may very well kill him as he has no mass to spare, and is essentially incapable of fighting
how would he win at that point? he can't just stop and eat the crazy amount needed for years worth of gains, but if somehow he could he could progress back to hulk mode in the middle of the fight...

Instant regeneration should mean lack of gains after some time, to prevent other vital systems from fucking up there has to be an upper limit to the gains from regeneration, it's asymptotic ie wolverine maxed his gains.

I'm pretty sure Wolverine is peak all the time. He's super natty peak constantly, he can't get any bigger unless he takes roids which he would never do.

Also he'd probably have to eat like constantly to get huge.

He's lugging around like 400 pounds of skeleton 24/7 plus jumping and climbing walls and hanging from things and beating up superbad guys. He's natty peak.

No.
Shapeshifter: insta aesthetics
Psychic: insta everything in the eyes of everybody

He must just have a mass dimension he gains energy from kinda like how The Flash has a speed dimension. There's energy dimensions throughout comic books to explain away this kinda shit.

There we go. Everyone has a dimension. Speed dimension, meat cell dimension, laser eye dimension.

What this means is though, if Wolverine powerlifted, he would be YUGE because of constant meat dimension food gains.

>Wolverine
>Height: 5'3"
Who cares he's a fucking manlet lmao

>Maybe that's why he's jacked
A reasons given several times in that he also carries around metal on his skeleton
>plagueofstrength.com/dude-so-and-so-got-so-fucking-jacked-2/
>youtube.com/watch?v=gocClPWVKIA

Attached: 4269112-10409324_1306270632759963_6274436041700772921_n (Wolverine).png (720x540, 555K)

I know Goku and Vegeta eat insane amounts of food. I was hypothesising that they don't NEED to, because the only advantage eating has compared to directly absorbing energy from the aether/people's dreams/your enemies/whatever is taste.

Don't forget he has a hyperefficient metabolism. All he'd need to recover is a slightly larger amount of protein than he lost. Eating you is a good start.

Even assuming that was the literal truth, all you'd need to do is incinerate every last bit of his mass simultaneously. As a matter of fact, that's how most comic writers kill the guy.

But the Adamantium coating on his bones won't. That, along with the square-cube law would practically ensure he'd collapse under his own weight.

My understanding is that their ability to just pull energy from essentially nothing is high contingent on ability and situation (i.e. when goku did the spirit bomb) and iirc doing so fucks them up and is super dangerous to do