Redlill me on intermittent fasting. Does it work or is it a meme?

Redlill me on intermittent fasting. Does it work or is it a meme?

Attached: IMG_2300.jpg (358x493, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28715993
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

100 lbs down because of IF and extended day fasting. Not a meme user.

Fancy way to say skip breakfast. It works if you don't snack in between meals. Just eat 2 meals a day and it should become easier to lose weight.

I can't say if being in a fasted state actually does anything special but it's worked for me. I feel like it's just a small trick to get you to stop stuffing your face for 16 hrs, which works.

you fucking eat less you cheeky cunt what the fuck do you think its gonna do to you

some people claim entering a fasted state causes your body to do different shit

i don't buy it, but either way I'm down 15lbs

It’s because you cut your caloric intake, not because of IF.

idiot.
you eat the same calories in one meal instead of in multiple meals.

50 labels down because of fasting. it isnt god tier as the fastfags would have you procclaim, no real different than a steady caloric deficit in terms of benefits (except autophagy where fasting is god-king status). however it makes caloric restriction so easy that its almost impossible to no lose weight. dont meme 16/8 though...go straight to GOMAD and try some 48/72 hour water fasts. if u can make GOMAD your daily routine you'll shed labels like its your job

IF typically cuts people's caloric intake, retard.

Attached: smug.png (397x487, 233K)

I dropped a decent amount of weight because of IF, is there any side effects I should worry about?

absolutely. I did straight fasting 2x 7 days and 1 8 day fast as well as many 3-4 day fasts. Today I lift weights so I eat 3200 calories and do a 16:8 IF. Shit is gold and anyone saying otherwise hasn't tried it or is probably just retarded.
pic related

Attached: 151289309821.jpg (1292x866, 276K)

It sure as health does work. I was pretty skeptical and thought I'd go to starvation mode until I saw a couple of doctors and GSP talk about it on Joe Rogan's podcast. I've been doing it for 10 days and Im down 6 kg. Make sure to eat a lot of protein during your feeding window.

Makes you lose weight I guess, but absolutely garbage for health and body composition.

It sure as hell*. Also pic related

Attached: 20190319_090216.jpg (1080x1741, 316K)

Lol no it does not. My body healed. Heart rate improved significantly, stretch marks are barely visible, nice skin, etc. Everything improved, and my doctor agreed. My mother who battled leukemia cancer has been fasting 6 months to shed all the weight she gained during chemo treatment. Nothing hardcore, but her doctor is the one who suggested it.

You're fighting a losing battle with all the "fasting is bad" bullshit. Word is out, it cannot be suppressed any longer.

> Started work at 12pm yesterday so couldn't end the fast then as normal
> Had lunch at 3, didn't feel like eating anything for the rest of the day
> Fell fine this morning

I'm going to make it

Intermittent fasting has cured my homosexuality.

It makes it easier to cut as you aren't spiking your insulin every other hour.

it works amazing

This. Makes it easier not to overeat really.

>Have been fasting for the entire day
>Feels absolutely terrible

Attached: 1552711228417.jpg (480x480, 48K)

Works FOR WHAT?

Losing weight?

Fucking yes.

Healthy life?

Fucking yes.

Gain weight?

No, it's a nightmare, when you eat you will have to eat SO MUCH you will stop enjoin being alive.

I had to stop, i could not keep up with my 3500 daily caloric intake.

Now i only do 72 hours fasts every few months.

But if you can do intermittent fasting, you should do it.

I converted one friend. And he is doing amazingly and losing weight like a madman. He also feels good. Nobody in his life ever told him that, if he doesn't want to eat breakfast, he should just skip it (people ALWAYS TELL THAT "YOU HAVE TO EAT"... FUCK IT. NOBODY HAVE TO EAT IN MODERN TIMES). So he does precisely that. He started skipping breakfast, now he also skips lunch.

Attached: 1551434490388.jpg (540x860, 90K)

not a meme at aaaaall my guy
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28715993

>Several lines of evidence also support the hypothesis that eating patterns that reduce or eliminate nighttime eating and prolong nightly fasting intervals may result in sustained improvements in human health

Anecdotally it works for me.

Basically it's just skipping breakfast and mainly training fasted. The thinking is that I will be using my fat stores instead of food, not quite sure if it adds up, but it's working. You still need to eat under tdee

The only thing better than 3500kcal at dinner is 4200kcal OMAD. You get used to it.

Some people find it easier for hunger management.
To me, it's simply easier to eat before and after working out. Save lots of money and time (and food containers when meal prepping for the week)