Japan's diet is mostly carbs and they're still pretty fit and healthy weighted, even for the shorties that they are

Japan's diet is mostly carbs and they're still pretty fit and healthy weighted, even for the shorties that they are
Care to explain yourselves, ketards?

Attached: Fuck Keto.png (600x600, 367K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lr4MmmWQtZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they're all spooky skeletons.
keto diet macros are trash too, but that's a shit comparison.
go home.

>What is calorie?
Gtfo

they have a strong anti fat culture, and they eat small meals and have shit tons of manual labor jobs

Carbs are fine, it's processed carbs that are terrible for you

Japanese almost have as much diabetes as America. They have lower rates of obesity because they have less adipose tissue.

Their diet is why Japan will never produce power lifters like the Slavs.

Guy living in Japan here, it's not mostly carbs.
Sure some salarymen eat a lot of ramen and rice but its usually fist sized amounts of carbs relative to a large amount of veg and meat.
Or in the case of a lot of ramen places, they drink a lot of broth which fills them up for longer.

Plus the girl's are strict on themselves for dieting and the general stigma against the obese forces a lot of Japanese to stay thin by skipping meals and such .
Theres not really a culture of snacking too much either, for example my girlfriend would never go buy a full bag of potato chips and eat it all at once.

sumo wrestling is Japans national sport.

fellow american living in Japan here, can confirm what this user is saying. Theres a reason theres so many QT girls here

Attached: 1F493A2D-7E18-476B-A0BF-91906EBE0011.jpg (720x720, 23K)

>for example my girlfriend would never go buy a full bag of potato chips and eat it all at once.
that is not a snack
20-30 chips is a snack

Holy fuck do I miss yoshinoya

They eat small portions through the day. They also eat a lot of iodine in algae (keeping their metabolism high) and fermented foods (restore their microbiome).

yes and they also have one of the biggest population declines in the world because of how anxious carbs have made them. gluten destroys the gut lining and sugar feeds bad bacteria. basically they're getting borderline no GABA so they're all just beta as fuck

Yoshinoya is shit tier fast food restaurant. Just go eat some noodles on some random noodle stand in Japan

Shit tier Japanese fast food is my favourite. FUK U

>Crabs run the diet
>Japan is ruled by a canal of Crabpeople
>Abe is trying to get the number of humans up so that there will be enough food for the crabpeople, especially the diet members

Should say cabal of crabpeople
Like a secret group of conspirators, but these conspirators are crab people.

Only elect HUMANS to The Diet, Japan!

And they walk and bike everywhere because having a car in a 40 mil city with great public transport is a chore.

They also do morning Cardio at the park like a bunch of retards and even their kids do it

>Theres not really a culture of snacking too much either
Can confirm it's rude to eat at work outside of designated hours

The human body uses carbs for energy. Its the fat in the diet that gets stored as body fat in a calorie surplus.

Based retard

Because carbs don’t make you fat overeating does. Carblets are so bad it even makes me side with the vegans.

How fucking big are your bags of chips?

Attached: 91eYwmmel5L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 269K)

Carbohydrates are rarely converted to fat (a process called de novo lipogenesis) under normal dietary conditions. There are exceptions when this occurs. One is with massive chronic overfeeding of carbs. I’m talking 700-900 grams of carbs per day for multiple days. Under those conditions, carbs max out glycogen stores, are in excess of total daily energy requirements and you see the conversion of carbohydrate to fat for storage. But this is not a normal dietary situation for most people.
But when you eat more carbs, you burn more carbs and burn less fat. And that’s why even if carbs aren’t directly converted to fat and stored as such, excess carbs can STILL MAKE YOU FAT. Basically, by inhibiting fat oxidation, excess carbs cause you to store all the fat you’re eating without burning any of it off. Did you get that? Let me repeat it again.
Carbs don’t make you fat via direct conversion and storage to fat; but excess carbs can still make you fat by blunting out the normal daily fat oxidation so that all of the fat you’re eating is stored. Which is why a 500 cal surplus of fat and a 500 cal surplus of carbs can both make you fat; they just do it for different reasons through different mechanisms. The 500 calories of excess fat is simply stored; the excess 500 calories of carbs ensure that all the fat you’re eating is stored because carb oxidation goes up and fat oxidation goes down. Got it? If not, re-read this paragraph until it sinks in.

Rise, Atlantis!

>Japan's diet is mostly carbs

actual retard, they eat meat, lots of it raw, daily in pretty much every meal

They also eat organs and weird seafood the average western person never touches. They also make pastries without sugar etc.

what does 700-900g of carbs look like?

like you're mom

living the dream anons

sumo's are absolute units, not just fatties like amerikans

Are you calling fish meat? And sushi is eaten pretty rarely, maybe once a week here.

youtube.com/watch?v=lr4MmmWQtZM

because carbs aren't really fattening unless ofc you eat too much of them
gee really makes you think

>japs
>healthy
Says who? Last time I checked half of Japan were malnourished depressed sleep deprived suicidal robots

The fuck do you think fish is made out of?

this

>more and more research is comming that shows links between carbs and mental illnesses
>people on carnivore and keto diets are all claiming to have a lot more mental clarity and that they are much happier and mentally sane
>japan, diet mostly carbs
>most depressed suicidal country in the world
makes me think

Japanese diet contains a lot of fish, seafood, meats and organ meats. I think Japanese people get a whole lot more animal nutrients than you think, OP.

Even tough some diet works for other group it does not mean it will work for all.
Take abbos for example. Basic hunter gatherer's and their diet basically consists of meats and whatever they could find in the bush. Everything went to shit once grains were introduced to their diet.

Attached: zufggiukiur11.png (574x430, 204K)

yeah but one punch man can easily beat crab people

They get fat on purpose and are strong as fuck not lazy Americans that get fat on accident

CICO still applies.

Not eating much still makes you thin

I'm going to take a potato chip and eat it!

as if japanese eat mostly unprocessed carbs.
I mean with this, that refined carbs are without reason demonized.

Keikaku doori

It's certainly not fucking carbs

100g of sugar can fill a dixie cup, so like 8 dixie cups of sugar

what it is in anything less dense I don't know, more probably

Attached: wakamuscle.jpg (561x842, 65K)

... fish

The average american is a lardass but they still watch the superbowl

This. Sumo is no joke. Yes you can fin examples of overly fat Sumo, but usually they are essentially natty strongmen with most of their fat sub-Q around their wast/core area. Many sumo have very solid looking legs, arms and shoulders.

They also do not do this to be sexy, but to represent their Sumo family in a serious athletic event.

They are the one exception of the Anti-Fat culture, but even then they are not perceived as fat by the public. The champions are treated like national heroes and regular Japanese treat them the way sports celebrities are treated here in the USA.

Sort of an inversion. In America the athletes are light and they public is heavy. In Japan the athletes are heavy but the public is light.

>what are potion sizes
>what is walking to work
>what is OP sucks fat cocks and needs to try harder with his bait

>rice arent carbs

Attached: 1523703512648s.jpg (202x249, 8K)

Another example.

Attached: haktochiozan_1.webm (640x354, 2.72M)

It was about fish, you moron.

these are the chads of japan.

user when you talk about a 'full bag' of potato chips i think the huge family size bags
they usually say something like ~18 chips is 1 serving so like, 30 chips is a fat snack
if you meant the snack size chips you shoudlve said so

dumbass

Over here in the UK your 'snack size' is the standard fucking size. The same is true for the Japan.

>UK
feel free to stop typing any time mohammed

Based denovoclipogenis poster

Attached: C58219AD-2702-45ED-AE28-2DEE28CBA207.jpg (632x471, 201K)

>They have lower rates of obesity because they aren't fatter than the queen of seacows

Excellent observation

Attached: Blisswut.gif (245x255, 1.91M)

t. American

No wonder everyone is obese in the land of the free

>Japanese people eat half a snack-sized bag of potato chips

The discipline and utter insanity of these people is frightening.

Attached: Eli Manning Face.gif (320x180, 1.5M)

They actually rank 14th in suicide rates. Still, something is off when living in India (21st) doesn't make you want to kill yourself as much as living in Japan does.

>In America the athletes are light

I can pretty much guarantee you that America has more 300+ lbs athletes than anywhere in the world, just from NFL and D1 linemen. And they, like sumo wrestlers, put the Strong into Strongfat.

Attached: 350367_2.jpg (2000x2000, 614K)