As a noob, explain this to me

As a noob, explain this to me

I read the sticky, the sticky says that fasting is bad, yet everyone here suggests fasting and there is even a fasting thread

What to believe

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 55K)

The sticky is about the basics that retards can follow. You do fasting and more complicated shit at your own healthy.

Fasting is great for everyone. Even super out of shape fatties.

Helps reset your insulin sensitivity. Raises metabolism. Burns fat while preserving lean muscle.

Fasting is great but too many fat retards use it as an excuse to continue binge eating shit like fast food thereby negating its benefits. Fasting in conjunction with clean refeeds and lifting/cardio will do wonders for you though.

Sticky is a little bit dated.

Also, it's mostly referring to people who are trying to bulk up. Obviously fasting isn't optimal for a bulk if you're trying to gain muscle, unless you do it in a very complicated and specific routine. You're not there yet.

If you're cutting, fasting is one of the greatest things you can do. Not just to enter ketosis, but just to make it easier to eat less over the course of the day even if you never enter ketosis (which you wouldn't achieve doing IF anyway).

If you're a big eater like I am, IF is great since I can just feast on healthy shit at the end of the day instead of trying to eat like a bird for every meal. I just take BCAA's before my workout every day to help muscle not break down. I'm not even positive that's necessary, but it's just a precaution.

Go ahead and fast, man. It's good for you. Also, if you're really interested, you should visit that fasting thread and ask further questions there since those people have first hand experience.

Fasting is 100% retarded
Only morbidly obese niggers should consider fasting

so there are a lot of ways to fast.
what most mean by "fasting" is that you drop a meal, usually breakfast. There are two reasons for it, 1 is because when cutting(right. no you don't have "slow" or fast metabolism you fatass) you will be hungry 100% guaranteed. skipping breaksfast will allow you to stay less hungry for the rest of the day because you can eat more later. Second reason is that your body releases a lot of sugar/glukose from your liver in the morning, so you don't need the extra energy from breakfast really.

don't go starving yourself like a retarded and do "water fast" it has no benefit other than making you lose weight and muscle

Attached: 1456965546364.jpg (392x500, 18K)

the sticky was written by people who had a clue what they were talking about

99% of the poster on this board are retards who follow flavour of the month trends and are no better than middle aged women who follow shit out of magazines

fasting for extended periods is fucking stupid. so is carnivore diet, so is keto, so is PPL and basically anything anyone recommends on here unless is came from /plg/

fasting is only ok for fatties

>t.has never fasted
I've done multiple rounds of both normal cutting and cutting by prolonged fasting and fasting is superior in every single way.
I have more energy, lose less muscle, lifts get back to full in max a week, while when I was doing calorie restriction, especially when going under 12% it would sometimes take up to 3 weeks to get back to precut numbers. Not to mention fasting is just way faster, so you have more overall time to make gains. Also healthier.

fasting is more catabolic than not fasting dumbass, don't even try to attempt to refute this because you can't, absence of exogenous glucose or amino acids is fucking catabolic even in bedridden patients let alone in normal people interested in making gains.

Sticky is from 2013. Science on how fasting works has become more advanced and is generally accepted to work as well as counting calories if not better, as long as you have restraint when you eat. Studies comparing Fasting every other day and eating less calories show comparable results in weight loss, but stronger retention of muscle mass. Extended fasting doesn't have as much science yet from what I've seen. Most people report One meal a day or a small time window to eat helps them lose weight without counting calories. Do what works for you

Attached: 1516231495355.png (680x612, 710K)

>implying our bodies evolved to eat our own muscle as well as fat for some stupid reason

Are you retarded? The whole reason fat exists is so that our bodies can use it as fuel when we're not eating. Why the fuck would our bodies have evolved to eat our much needed muscle when we were actively hunting for food. When you eat fucking 6 tiny meals a day, spiking the fuck out of your insulin constantly while being at a deficit, THEN you become catabolic as fuck. If you just don't eat anything, your body will use the fat as fuel as it's supposed to.

Sup fatty. You do know squatting 4pl8 doesn't mean shit except to other neckbeards and women are disgusted by your manboobs?

Go see a nutritionist. Fasting is retarded

>fasting is more catabolic than not fasting dumbass
Fasting increases HGH naturally, and does wonders for things like insulin sensitivity and triglyceride levels. We've evolved to work well in a feast/fast cycle. There is a small window between about 24-48 hours in to a fast where you do burn some protein, but your body switches over from burning carbs to burning fat in this window and after the metabolic switch to burning fat if flipped you retain almost all your muscle mass. Additionally, a lot of the protein burned in this intermediary period is from autophagy, not from LBM.

Food shills wrote the sticky

Can I fast if I also sell plasma twice a week, or will that kill me? I'm already eating extra protein to make up for what they suck out.

Attached: plasma-donation-11732_3.jpg (700x1327, 134K)

bed ridden patients will catabolise muscle no matter what you do, brainlet.
And sure, if you want to gain prolonged fasting will not help you, no shit. IF is still really good and water fasting is hands down best at cutting.

>Im not fat
>I squat more that 4pl8 lmao
>I know more about training that you

Ask a fucking doctor dude

It's pretty much this.

Lol.

>muh studies

wow thanks for the post, really glad an expert with an actual good body finally chimed in.

but recent Meta-analysis proved IF and even Keto to be the same as any other diet , and most research on IF is done on mice...

I'd rather listen to studies than random people on here. Extended fasting has little substantial proof that I've seen, short term has plenty.

Attached: 0 uV5eTe0HHdOKDugO.jpg (288x527, 38K)

In terms of the weight loss, virtually similar. I don't know about keto, but for fasting fat free mass is another story. Fasting is shown to have higher levels of muscle retention, obviously there's still lose but the increase in HGH prevents higher muscle degradation like with calorie restriction

Attached: 0 Vz_RPuCFzcsd9qi0.jpg (708x238, 52K)

Did you continue to lift while you fasted?

Probably cut out plasma donating a couple weeks beforehand and not at all during

Prolonged fasting results in muscular anabolism and should be avoided. Intermittent fasting is an acceptable strategy for controlling your diet if you don't want to count calories.

But as a followup to this, there's no reason to fast if you're not severely overweight or have some weight loss deadline. If you're just chubby and weak, just cut out the desert, stop drinking calories, and follow a barbell lifting program. This alone will give you profound results and put you in thd top 5 percent of people.

Guess fasting isn't for me.

this.

Fasting got me out of obesity, but now that I'm just slightly skinnyfat with a bit of muscle, pure fasting is horrible for me. Ruins progress and kills motivation because I'm literally starving.

Once you're not obese, stop fasting.