This is the most based exercise for upper body’s mass and strenght

this is the most based exercise for upper body’s mass and strenght

Attached: E9433170-75BE-408B-AD0C-FCB5956B90E7.jpg (1654x1214, 900K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=770W_uzj1QU
youtube.com/watch?v=7A_JWxYlHw0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

“upper body“
fuck off with ur useless threads what is even the topic

just fuck my lower back up senpai

Ya. Ive been doing it with the football bar instead of straight bar and it really forces you to engage everything during the lockout. With the straight bar you can kindof halfass the lockout

Agreed. After six months of concentrating more on my OHP I have finally seen some growth in my upper chest. This and dumbbell incline is king a must for upper chest.

Why is he standing in front of a rack? You don't need a rack for clean & press.

Just triggering the autists who don’t do the exercise

you don't need to lift it from the ground, faggot, first time doing OHP?

lol

>mass
Can you press 2pl8? He can

Attached: 2plate_OHP_Andy.png (451x805, 675K)

his upper body would look big if he weren't fat

>tfw he looks like me

am i ugly ?

Attached: 14851236551.jpg (426x282, 22K)

yup, I'm sorry, you are pretty damn ugly

Based and OHPpilled
Fuck the coping 2 inch rom benchfags

>what is a belt?
but forreal senpai i kinda feel you on a level. Also feel like i am busting up my shoulders for reason for literally no reason. But I guess that' basically all of lifting anyway so whatever really

dude it's not how your body looks it's what it can let you do. Love yourself homie. It feels good mang.

>my core and glutes are weak therefore the exercise is at fault

6’0” 180lbs
I started doing these last year and my overall strength has not improved much because my core and legs are still weak as fuck. I had a dislocated vertebrae so I had to back off lifting for awhile but now I’m back into it.
Picked up roughly where I left off at 117.5lbs for a comfortable 3 sets of 5. Will likely try to push this to 135 for 3x5.
I love OHP, but it’s not going to improve until I get my squats above 135 pitiful pounds

Attached: AA7173D7-9C59-40DF-A387-FD921DFBDFB0.jpg (1228x1138, 210K)

>only uses two muscle groups (minimal upper chest activation)
How is it better than bench?

i'm hard stuck at 55kg x4

shoulders, chest, triceps and core. i'd say thats a pretty fucking good exercise. bench only has chest and triceps

ohp also works the traps
pin press destroyed my traps the first time i did it

>dat chin
They guy is like 25-26 % BF. Try to lose some weight and check for yourself, bro.

He has mass? He's a fat fuck, and as we all know, being fat strong doesn't count.

It's hard to lift away bad genes.

>bench only has chest and triceps
cool story bro

I hate this exercise because I can't fucking progress

Hard to give advice but, what is your press at, and how many pressing movements do you do, and at what rep range ?

Have you tried using a push press every now and again? Where do you struggle: at lockout?

Nah not really. Benching is the best upper body strength builder because it allows the front delts to be loaded the most and this exercise primarily uses the front delts. Strong bench = strong OHP provided you train ohp somewhat.

If you want to pack mass on all three heads of the shoulders you need different exercises. And if you really consider it, the standard bb OHP is useless for providing well-developed and balanced shoulders.

Pic related is much superior because it hits the side and rear delts much more and does not require great flexibility like the behind the neck press.

You also want to do rows and cleans.

Attached: dmitry-klokov-152kg-klokov-press.jpg (954x568, 51K)

holy eff that looks terrible for you.

Try it next time you're in the gym. Feels very comfortable on the shoulders actually.

My bench is pretty flimsy and I’m worried I’ll die if’n I go too heavy

Lol btnp is the biggest meme of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=770W_uzj1QU
is this /Our Guy/?

>insert joke about clean and press
>U DON LIFT FROM GROWN FAGGIT FIRS TIME DOIN OBERHED BRESS?!!?!?!
>droolingretardwojack.jpg
get a load of this non oly lifting bitch made nigga

yup Jow Forums in a nutshell
youtube.com/watch?v=7A_JWxYlHw0

>destroys moms washing machine to complete an ohp

Attached: 1551446698872.jpg (528x550, 41K)

This is truly the most based thing i've seen

I thought this was pasta at fist. If not, you're wrong. Bench doesn't really do anything specifically. A little bit of chest, little bit of front delts and mostly triceps. That's it. OHP does shoulders and triceps hard, backs and abs to support the weight and a little bit of glutes and chest. Bench has you literally lying on a bench and press the weight while your entire body is supported.

Attached: gainsduck.png (1320x787, 336K)

>A little bit of chest, little bit of front delts and mostly triceps
>mostly triceps
wew ur stupid.

well if you do it wrong you also got your front delts covered retard

jeff cavalier says dont do BTN press and i’m gona say it...

im listening to him

>pic unrelated

Attached: 2D550998-DB1E-4F40-9CB0-9E1D8E477C8E.jpg (236x499, 21K)

Look how and what muscles contract moron

where did you find this unreleased bugez footage?

He's right. Jow Forums hates on Jeff but he absolutely knows his shit when it comes to safety at least.

Took me 6 months and fucking up my rotator cuffs three times to get it right. Do OHPs but do your research I like myself

OHP fucks my left shoulder :(

i hurt my back ohping 125 today. i arched my upper back a little bit and shit hurt, in pain now 12 hrs later

just take a hacksaw to your rotator cuffs OP. less time and effort needed
dumbbell Arnold press ftw

wrong, just do face pulls + weighted dips

>not doing seated OHP

Attached: 1522704253263.jpg (575x523, 66K)

>turning a great compound lift into a mediocre isolation exercise
ngmi

Are you two some of the manlet spics and/or flabby middle aged niggers I see in the gym wearing belts at all times for curls, bench and cable work?

Why the fuck would you sit?

>not doing seated dumbbell press

Attached: IMG_1389.png (500x566, 133K)

Handstand pushups and dumbbell overhead press are more functional and better for your shoulders.

But you can cheat up more weight with a barbell so this will be the go to for some losers.

Great the bodyweight/dumbbell guy is here

It's not a mass builder but I agree it is based and makes you look strong af

Bench being shoulder or tricep dominant depends on grip width dumbass

Isn't the dumbbell shoulder press better in every way except your ego?

What?
The truth hurts your feefees?

sperglord.jpg

Enjoy fucking up your shoulder girdle.

It’s true, you should all be doing the press via handstand, it’s better for the joints and it maximizes balancing muscle activation.

You eliminate leg drive and minimize the infamous standing incline barbell chest press

>he's not strong enough to use dumbbells

Attached: lg.jpg (238x212, 11K)

the only people that wear those faggot belts are the skinny white faggots doing one plate squats fuck are you smoking