QTDDTOT - Questions that Do Not Deserve Their Own Thread

How can I get good at a low-bar squat? High-bar kills me and I haven't been able to progress for months.

Attached: 1519766520413.jpg (2560x1600, 722K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gabrieldroberts.com/happens-protein-denatured/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do I properly front squat? My wrists hurt like a bitch after only 1 set with light weight

Do crossed arms.

what do you squat currently?

I've been struggling to hit 60kg for a while, while doing high-bar. My goal is to get to what the PT can do, which is 130kg. She squatted next to me today and fuck it looked good, not a in a perverted way, but I was impressed.

bruh you can't squat >130lbs? you gotta eat more. what kills you about high bar?

How do you work out your bone destiny? Is there a test you can do personally or do you have to go to the medical?

You'll have to get a DXA scan or similar. You can't check your bone density at home.

Thanks

Freshman fag finally getting into this with a three day split. Bench/tri, back/bi (with deadlift), legs/shoulders (squats)

My question is: is it better to do this monday, wednesday, friday, or try to do a double split for a total of six days and repeat? Cause I tried the six day and finished today and my legs feel sore as fucking hell, and I'm new to shit but it feels kind of risky to go in tomorrow to do my squats with being this sore.

But is three days of working out each week enough?

Attached: 1551333821988.jpg (717x960, 217K)

You should do a real beginners program like strong lifts or greyskull lp

The soreness is called doms (delayed onset muscle soreness). Happens when you use muscles you haven’t used before or in a while. It’ll stop happening in a week or so

How do I control my appetite?

im 5'11" 150lb skinnyfat as fuck
if my main goal is simply to reduce bf% and not get huge simple calisthenics and cardio 5 days a week while running a slightly caloric defecit should do me, right?

Attached: 980x (1).png (438x301, 254K)

nicotine, caffeine, (meth)amphetamines, ephedrine, etc if you lack self control

By breaking your addiction to food. You must /fast/

>need to run 300m in at least 62.1 seconds on the 30th
>yesterday: tried it twice, got 60 seconds and 58 seconds
>today: tried it once, did it in 57 seconds
Am I gonna do it bros?

learn to be hungry, caffeine helps shitload

>5'7", 145lbs, bit of a belly, hover around 14-16%bf
Should I try for recomp or clean bulk? After a few months of intermittent lifting, I don't really have much muscle to warrant a cut. I have no plans on doing beach shit this summer thanks to school plans, so that's not really a factor

Attached: 1463941679064.jpg (1176x1436, 639K)

Either fast or consume loads of steamed vegetables throughout the day.

Put your hands wider on the bar. Cue "elbows up"

Do a full body workout if you're only going to train 3 days a week. Splits are only effective if you're in the gym 5-6 days a week.

female friends bday is tomorrow. texted her happy bday and she replied jokingly "what are you gonna get me". not getting her shit obviously but I need something funny to reply with. whatcha got for me, Jow Forums

yuge cock
Bring her a rooster.

Barbell Bench: 205lbs

OHP: 150lbs

Realistically what kinda work am I looking at to achieve a 100lb dumbell bench press ?

heaviest I've gone atm is 50lbs x 10 but I think I can push it harder

rule of thumb when estimating a meals calorie?

Why do my knees hurt after squatting? I'm squatting low weights right now, like 60kg. Everythings cool during the workout, form is great, no lower back issues at all. But like 3 hours later, if I do body squats, my knees hurt when I bend them. It's just a minor pain but I wonder why? I do break parallel when I squat and I keep knees just under the toe as well.

If you’re cutting always over estimate the number of calories, if bulking always under estimate

If cutting, every meal is 1000 calories
If bulking, every meal is 500 calories

You're like me. Bulk. You'll get so strong bro you can do it

Is it weird for a 19yo to be dating a 16yo? I'm not interested in anyone at my university, and she and I are incredibly similar to the point that we talk for hours every day. I just don't want it to get to the point that she loses interest, bros

Attached: z1anff6g63x01.jpg (540x540, 14K)

Yes

He clearly says kg there.

Why? What's the rationale for it being socially acceptable to date someone 2-3 times as young if you're an old man but not someone a couple years younger when you're young? I'm genuinely confused

Those are really high times required. Keep at it and you should be fine though.

Iirc I was doing 100lb DBs around my 255x5 mark but I didn’t really do DB until recently so can probably do it before that easily.

It's fine. Hell, when I was in HS one of my classmates was dating a 13 yo (he was 18).
They got married later, even.

Is there a point in working my chest for aesthetic if I have gyno? I'd probably get it removed later in life but that's nowhere near a priority right now

the amount of maturing one does between 16 and 20 is far greater than 26 and 30
that said i think youre fine

Hanging leg lifts

I feel like it's a good exercise but I feel retarded doing it because my entire body has a sway.

I want to increase my body control strength and be like those show off dudes at the gym that are like god damn monkeys on the pull-up bars but I obviously still have weight to lose and muscle to gain.

How do I get the shame out of my head?

I'd recommend looking into Starting Strength and GOMAD

How much muscle mass do I need to cover up my pe tus carina Tun enough that women won’t be appalled at the sight of it?
>currently 6 foot 157 lbs

Attached: image.jpg (2576x1932, 713K)

Is there a SS (digestible for idiots) for hypertrophy? I can only dig through so many conflicting T Nation articles

t. stalling out on SS and considering moving on to a more aesthetics-focused routine

what can i do about guys staring at my girlfriend at the gym. she is hot but has some social anxiety and even autism in some situations. im not confrontational and im not going to spend all my time there looking to see if guys are staring at her, but it makes her uncomfortable and she is genuinely trying to improve herself.

i've told her not to pay attention to what other people are doing but with her anxiety its kind of hard for her.

Meant to say pectus carinatum

Can I lose fat but build muscle on a caloric deficit?

Paint it red and cosplay as Gardivoire.

i do this, i lift my legs up to 180 degrees when i do it. i assume i look pretty silly but it feels good and it wasnt easy to be able to do it, so im going to keep doing it.

I want to work up to windshield washers. Right now I'm working on just lifting my knees to my chest (hamstrings are very inflexible and I've never gotten them to loosen up in my entire life)

Is microloading a meme? I've been doing starting strength for about a month now and OHP isn't progressing. I just got a pair of 1.25lb plates to move up in 2.5lb increments, but I wonder if I'm cheating myself out of gains by cutting progress in half. I'm eating 1000 calories over maintenance and sleeping 9 hours, so I'm definitely not fucking up my recovery.

Squats and deadlifts same day? Yes or no? Ideally I feel like I'd alternative which one I start with

i've never tried that but maybe i will since i can already do the leg lifts.

you can also do an L-sit on dip bars, it looks less weird and is even harder.

If you're skinny fat or fat cut now and then clean bulk or bulk now and cut later. Also read sticky.

Kek. That gave me a sensible chuckle. But seriously though, this shit is the only insecurity I haven’t gotten over

bitch 60kg = 130lbs

Does the potato diet work or is it just a fluke? Pls answer user suns

Don't have a serious answer, sorry. If you have the right insertions, building up your lower chest might reduce the appearance of it. You'll have to start lifting to find out, though. Might be a surgical solution, idk.
Makes me miss my college roommate. He had pectus excavatum. Whenever we were high, he'd pour alcohol in the divot and we'd sip it out of his chest with a straw while watching a movie.
It was funny at the time.
No homo.

Are over/under hand deadlifts a meme? I notice I could lift more with one of my hands switched.

how come protein shakes ALWAYS make me sick? No matter what protein I use, what amount of /SCOOPS/ I take, or if I cut it with water or milk, I always get nauseated. Is my system just fucked when it comes to dairy?

Attached: milky_way.jpg (1600x900, 419K)

That sound like a lot of fun user. No homo. I’ve been doing calisthenics on and off for about a year and the newbie gains have made thing less noticeable. Hopefully it keeps going this way

Alternate grip will cause a muscular imbalance if used for a prolonged period.
Just switch which hand is over/under every set to avoid it.

No. It stops the bar from rolling which lets you lift more. However, you can develop imbalances/tear a cep if you don't alternate.

Personally, I hook grip.

How do I deal with a gym with no dumbells over 10kg and no barbells?
Can I make do without bench pressing and squatting in the short/mid term?

Make her wear basketball shorts and no one will check her out

You’ll only tear with mixed grip if you: trying curling the bar mid-rep+on roids, even then it’s a 1/1000 chance anywa

Why TF is the rowing machine the cardio that by far kicks my ass the most? Do I just have a weak af upper body

fairly normal for whey isolates to cause this on an empty stomach. consider an enzyme capsule like papaya or digest gold if it's really giving you problems.

Personally I get full too quickly if I drink a shake before a meal, force feeding sucks

Yes, alternate. I like to do the first one heavy, and the other with slightly lifhter weight/higher reps.

Form problem? The rowing machine is largely about pushing with legs, arms are used as the finisher and then taking a second to slacken the tension.

how many pops should i hear during squats? i don't want to damage my joints any more than they already are

you wont damage ur knuckles by cracking em, popping is alright, what u should be on the look out for are aches on the joints/paint

at what point do I know whether it's just fat or if actually have wide hips?

Yes.

The plates at your gym aren’t even accurate to those tolerances. Use volume to get to intensity.

I don't fucking get it. I'm 5'11 and 175 lbs. What fucking do? Do i bulk? Do I cut? Do I maintain? I just want to be fit and have muscle at about 165.

If I'm not going for bulk and just general fitness, is a mile of medium running and a mile of biking at highest resistance each time I go enough to avoid chicken legs?

Also what is a good website to calculate calories if I want to lose weight/gain muscle?

My gym's smallest increment is 1.25kg, meaning for weighted chins, I must either increment by +2.5kg by having one on each side of the 5kg I'm currently lifting, or lift a bit unbalanced. Does it matter if there's a teeny bit more weight on one side when doing chins?

My knee pops during squats, doctor said it was fine as long as it didn't hurt

Can I heat protein powder to make a chocolate fillings with it for cup cakes?

Look if we're being honest I'm a girl so my numbers will always look piss poor. Also with regards to high-bar, its mainly my back, I tend to lean forward when I squat which I read isn't good if you're doing high-bar, as a result I can feel it in my lower back and its painful.

get a stronger back via deadlifts

>Also what is a good website to calculate calories if I want to lose weight/gain muscle?
Such a meme thing to say, but I guess closest thing to your goal would be eating 500 calories below maintenance.

I do deadlifts and they're progressing better than I thought they would. Should I also just take the low-bar pill and squat low-bar? I read that if you lean forward you should be doing that.

Is I possible to talk yourself sober when you are fucked up? I searched on Google but can't find any research

How do you stay motivated? I'm a power lifter B:320, S: 405, DL: 530 and I am starting to fucking hate going to the gym. I hate when assholes stare at me for lifting or when faggots lift right next to me and do the same fucking exercise but halfass it. I hate the cardiobunnys showing their tits and betas just staring at them. How do you deal with this shit? Its so fucking tiresome.

Do good mornings to strengthen your lower back 5x10. Squat form takes forever to master.

I can never do Good Mornings properly, have you got a decent tutorial that you can show me? Also would I do them as warm-up or post-squat?

I'm assuming you're asking whether it affects the nutritional content. Heating protein leads to "denaturing". Think of it as fucking up the shape while leaving the contents intact.

>Whilst bodybuilding or truly running out, denatured protein–and any form of protein, virtually–is nutritionally beneficial.
>After you end a workout, your frame has to absorb new protein a good way to restore and upload any mass to the muscle mass which you simply used.
>whether or not you take a whey protein, a denatured protein or every other shape of protein, protein digestion takes area within the stomach.
>due to the fact denatured protein is already broken aside structurally, it will likely be capable of get on your muscles fast.

src: gabrieldroberts.com/happens-protein-denatured/

TL;DR: yeah heat you protein if you want

Attached: tubular brown fry.jpg (1080x1920, 468K)

What is proper barbell row form?
When I started a new routine I started adding some BB rows. About 60 lbs. I would get into an athletic position, keep my back straight , bend my knees and drop my chest. I would lift the bar to about my sternum for each rep.
Now that I am at 100+ pounds, it feels unnatural to do that same motion. I decrease the angle that I bend over and lift the bar close to my navel, just above my belly button.

Is this normal or am I doing it wrong?

Attached: neck.jpg (640x360, 21K)

You can do hyper-extensions as well. Typically, you want to do squat first then do hyper-extensions.

Attached: f882909dee0eda79ed5d1dc89eefd083.png (540x360, 43K)

how do I work on my dips without doing any? I've been doing dips for about three months and I still can't do a single unassisted deep.
Looking for an alternative set.

Ah, I do hyperextensions on my alternate/cardio days.

Most of the rules for deadlifts apply with regards to bar parth, meaning it should be straight and close to the body. If you're hitting your navel that's probably what you're doing so that's fine. You'll find at higher weight the bar path is either correct or you're not getting that shit off the ground at all.

Add weight to them and try to progress. This is not a stretching exercise but an actual exercise. Also, don't lean forward when you squat. Position your head and look up and your body will naturally follow into the "right" position. I'm also concerned that you do cardio which may affect your squat but that's something different.

Yea I feel like if I leaned over further I would either hurt my back or fall over. It felt good and fairly natural when I corrected. It just made me wonder how bad I was fucking up originally.

forgot to link

Ah I see. So should I try looking up first before giving up and just squatting low-bar?

Shit man, maybe it’s time for higher-tier gym that repels normalfrogs and instead has higher amount of PL-bros.

I pray to all the fighters and gods of war to guide me through the day. Then I think about how much I hate myself.

Drinking has been around so long that if people knew a definitive answer problems from drinking, it would be common knowledge by this point in history.

You can do whatever the FUCK you want. Just for beginners, typically stand shoulder-width apart and put 2.5lb (or 5lb) weights on the ball of your foot. Keep your back straight, and look up go down breath in. Make an offering to the Blood God, breathe out and go up. This is typically how you learn squat. Make sure you are not a faggot and go all the way down. ATG none of that fucking hack squat shit. Tbh, the only way to get good at squats is to do squats so keep that in mind.

Best way I've found of staying roughly horizontal and still balanced is to push my lower stomach against my upper thighs and bracing against them like a belt. What's your approximate starting angle? If it's very vertical you might be lowering your hips too much, otherwise you wouldn't reach the barbell or you have extraordinarily long arms