What's the best workout I can do to become big and strong for football?

What's the best workout I can do to become big and strong for football?

Attached: rugby lol football.jpg (695x635, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W7tGY-VDx3o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rugby guy wears pink and still looks tougher than the nfl guy

>the guy on the right is so much bigger XD
>not acknowledging it's all padding and he's a puffyboi
>has stock airbags in his ginormous helmet

Rugby guy looks like Sloth from the goonies.

The rugby guy is wearing a helmet too though

deadlift and bench

Would still annihilate nfl guy. Rugby is so much tougher than nfl all round.

>Rugby is so much tougher than nfl all round.

That's why NFL tackles are 3x more powerful right? Stupid post.

youtube.com/watch?v=W7tGY-VDx3o

My God, you're right

Haha an amateur rugby player against a pro nfl player. I wonder why they got them results.

Even at the end with the mismatched players it states that with padding taken into account there is barely any difference between the impact.

Scrum cap. Its just padding compared to the hard plastic helmwts

skullcrushers

/thread. Rugby hits are fucking weak.

>barely clothed man vs gundam suit faggot

power cleans

I can't find a single article that says NFL articles are 3x stronger than rugby tackles. I was able to find, however, an article stating that Football players are 3x more likely to get injured than rugby players. This is due to protection differences. Because football players wear more protection, they mentally allow themselves to tackle harder, thinking their equipment will save them. Rugby players, as a simple google search would reveal, barely wear equipment. Because of this, rugby player hold back their power.

Now, you could be right that "NFL tackles are 3x more powerful" than rugby tackles, but I was able to find no such article stating as such.

>rugby hits are weak because they aren’t trying as hard as they can
?????? Retard

Football impact is much higher, which is why injuries are more severe.

Padding protects you from small injuries, but makes it so 250lb guys feel safe launching themselves at people like missiles

Think boxing gloves.

They protect your hands, not so much the person you're hitting. So you are able to punch more and punch harder

Yet britbongs still give NFL shit for wearing pads when in reality it allows us to hit harder. If rugby wants to be considered a mans sport they need to start wearing pads too.

rugby guy has a pink orange but the text says orange... nothing makes sense in rugby

They’re not even allowed to pass the ball forward in rugby. Doesn’t make any sense. Such a fucking stupid sport compared to NFL.

You must be a roastie. Armor is badass. Look at Doomguy, Masterchief, and other space marines.

>helmet
this is to stop your ears and scalp getting torn to pieces in the scrum

>3x more injuries
>we're better cos we get more brain damage

rugby guy has more arm definition and no padding. what did they mean by this?

Bad ass to a bunch of nerds.

Nfl, the sport that takes 3 hours for 10 minutes of play. Its less intense than chess

starting strength was written for that specific purpose

SS into Bill Starr 5x5

Post your fucked up pussy flaps. I wanna see your stubble.

The Internet is the only place you've seen pussy isn't it nerd

>landwhales are somehow professional athletes
the absolute state of americans

>American “athletes”

Attached: 065497F9-2353-4DEA-AA98-35013DA0E632.jpg (423x594, 81K)

>The weak should fear the strong

Attached: ben-flower-punch-red-card.jpg (350x200, 23K)

In image: White men from white country fights nigger from nigger country

Attached: JOLKKJLV5NA3FMKOGJO4DKGGC4.jpg (750x527, 259K)

The fag in steel body armour and make up would get killed in rugby

>Argentina
>white

NFL (and the youth/development system) is very good at having players who are very good at a very specific role. Due to the short plays it is nearly entirely anaerobic bursts with long breaks in between.

Say we take the best NFL team in the world (lol) and teach them the rules of rugby and put them against a mediocre-average rugby team. The NFL players would dominate for the first ten minutes, it wouldn't even be close.
After that they're fucked and would be broken, they'd lose so badly it would be embarrassing.

It's like comparing a 100m sprinter to an athlete who runs 1,000 metres.

Will westside for skinny bastards work? The 4 day workout that works on speed too,

The NFL team could probably build up a big enough lead in the 1st 10 minutes to win in rugby though.

Why do you think it's exclusively the British who play rugby lol

Power cleans, squats, deads, bench. Cardio, explosive exercises, etc.
t. Former D2 football player

fucking poofter

OK RETARD

>D2
So in other words you were trash

Pull ups
Push ups
Neck bridges
Sprints

>tackling a mannequin and a moving object (teammate in that case) are no different
god damn you´re retarded

i bet you kneel for the anthem

afaik, Starting Strength was created for highschool football

>Sprinting, the sport that takes an hour for 10 seconds of action

>Say we take the best NFL team in the world
You could have just said the Patriots
Otherwise this

Ok thanks r/videogames

Not sure what kind of football program you're in that doesn't tell you what you should be doing for weight training but let me give you the routine I did in high school when I played. This is off season, during the season we'd still have all of the regular lifts during the day but none of the second ones on Mondays and Fridays, due to practice.

Monday
>Squat, 4x12 at the beginning of a cycle (about half a semester), down to 10, 3, 3, max at the end, supersetted with seated dumbbell press
>Some auxiliary lifts, depended on strengths and weaknesses coach wanted to address, most days had this, I'll just say auxiliary lifts from here on out
>Second session later in the day, either 10, 8, 6, 6, burnout on both squat and bench or a circuit of exercises decided by the coach, lots of skullcrushers
Tuesday
>Hang clean, 4x5 at beginning of cycle to 5, 3, 2, max at the end, supersetted with explosive step ups
>Auxiliary lifts
Wednesday
>Bench, 4x10 at beginning of cycle to 10, 6, 4, max at end (i think, kind of forgotten exact max day reps) supersetted with a glute complex using an exercise ball
>Power clean, 4x5 at beginning of cycle to 5, 3, 2, max at end, supersetted with depth jumps
Thursday
>Rest
Friday
>Auxiliary lifts, mostly upper body stuff, lot of pull ups
>Second session later in the day, more auxiliary lifts pretty much, decent amount of focus on push ups

Attached: mahomes.png (800x773, 155K)

think the more interesting question is - what's the WORST workout I can do to become big and strong for football?

don't touch that retarded brain-damage inducing CTE garbage sport
t. played football for 8 years, regret it

Better than you bitch tits, i came here to play school

The padding and your sport's retard rules "allow" you to collect brain damage hitting without any form or discipline. It's like rugby on rails: The pacing is controlled entirely by the whistle, the downs and resets keep field positions from ever getting too complicated, and the pads prevent you from being punished as much for throwing your body around like a complete retard. It's baby shit.

It's a great sport for dumb turboniggers. That's why nogs STRUGGLE to play rugby unless it's dumbed down to 7's; the demands of technique, pacing, and decision-making placed on every individual on a rugby team is just too much for them. And apparently, it's too much for you too.

This dude knows.

Get fucked

at least if the Chiefs had won the Super Bowl might have been worth watching

rugby is a better sport - just nfl has more $ so the guys use more roids.

dont forget that they also knock themselves retarded.

No one in the NFL uses roids. All the players get drug tested pretty much weekly.

This picture has never been more relevant to a discussion.

Enjoy your gridiron, retards.

Attached: 1532714712533.png (403x448, 53K)

you are sooooo wrong.

>All the players get drug tested pretty much weekly.
Oh, yeah, I bet that really stops them.

C'mon faggot, you should know by now how the world works.

Attached: 1531366478272.jpg (680x680, 81K)

Wendler has a variation of 531 for football. I'm not a huge fan of 531 but that probably is the best generic format for USA football training

Do you think those shoulder pads are his real shoulders user? Niggerball players have to wear helmets and body armour so they don't have any little booboos, rugby players wear tape round their head so their ears don't get ripped off

They could maybe score three trys in that time at the most

Attached: david-pocock-21102011-2-310x415.jpg (310x415, 30K)

SS + GOMAD

Attached: frawg.jpg (210x235, 8K)

We where are the pads because we stopped fracture each other's skulls break are collarbones and shatter each other's kneecaps when we didn't have them, you know so the game can keep going, and don't start shit with the way euro fags tackle in rugby, and only put their shoulder into a run in the last 3-5 min of the game

It depends on which position you want to play, but I think Myles Garrett, Luke kuechly, JJ Watts and Christian McCaffrey's workouts are available online , and maybe Joe Hayden's, but don't quote me on that one

Here you go

Attached: rugby.webm (636x356, 497K)

Prioritize leg and back training. Everyone knows true strength is from the legs and back. Exploding Front squats, deadlifts, cleans and pressing is all you need for football

You have any idea of how utterly useless you are as a player if you have no upper body strength or mass?
I'm being serious here.
Even the kicker doesn't do shit like what you're suggesting.

By upper body strength do you mean mainly core ?

demonstration of upper body strength in rugby

Attached: manletBTFO.webm (864x486, 2.89M)

Old post but the reason this wouldn't work out for the Patriots is that the roles are so specialized. You can have guys as short as 5'9" and guys that are 350 lbs of fat and guys that are 42+ years old like Brady. Apples to oranges.

Attached: 1523430802070.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

its called head gear while yes it does protect from cauliflower ears it is mostly warn to prevent concussion while you make think that it does nothing being just a bit of paddy that thing saves alot of guys lives but has drawback like hearing and it being irritating for some. Thats why on a small amount of people wear them

yeah no there is alot that the rugby could do to stop them and also you may thinbk some massive guy would run over all the rugby player put thats were actuall tackler come in and will just essentially grab is shoelaces and hold them together and the niggers that think they are fast arent allowed head starts now by running in front of the ball

watch a new zealand rugby game
they are known for grinding down their oppenents with amazing defence then once the team falls apart they will rape them with trys

based pocock poster
im more of a fan of the daddy badger
please come back honey badger

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 12K)

samefagging this hard

Fuck you amerifat piece of shit i will rape your family you stupid le 56% nigger kill yourself and also this is all me

no fuck you it is all me fucking american faggot

lol guys get a load of this guy
and also im from england
>rugby
lol soccer is best

>wearing pads makes me a man

Your mom wears a pad. Is she a big man?

Britfag detected

Ss + GOMAD + occasional HIIT where the low intensity intervals are bear crawls and the high intensity intervals are sled pull/pushes.

Amerilard scouted

what lol

>not realizing that protective gear in football allows players to hit harder
based retard

lmao looks like hes striking him with a hitler salute

r u joking?
r u deluded?

yes technically the hits are harder in American football (because the protective gear allows it) but total real time in american football (lol its called football pls be original) is about 3-5mins, at least rugbys an amazing spectator sport and not just a platform for advertisement. Imagine if the best bit of a sport was the 1/2 time ads lol.

Why don’t rugby players wear gear then? Harder hits would mean a sport that’s actually worth watching unlike the current state of rugby.

Attached: Reaction 2429.jpg (211x239, 5K)

God damn... no homo.

No reason to hit hard in rugby, football is a game of inches hitting hard helps ensure no loss of yardage. Try hitting as hard as football players do for a full 80 minutes of continuous play. You'd be paralyzed in one game.

I respect both. Shame that the NFL is niggerball.

>no one in the nfl uses roids

Attached: agony.jpg (125x122, 3K)