If you don't get DOMS you aren't doing enough volume...

If you don't get DOMS you aren't doing enough volume. If you can lift 5-6 times a week you aren't doing enough volume (unless you roid.)
>b-but
I don't want to hear your excuses

Attached: 1477172954203.jpg (1116x1200, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tigerfitness.com/blogs/workouts/high-frequency-training-workout
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reminder life is 90% luck and 10% personal choice

bullshit

Post body

Beta mentality

t works 50 hours a week at $10ph and thinks "it will be worth it in 20 years"

>tfw I get frustrated and give up easily but then think about it and go back trying
What am I ?

"Technically speaking, DOMS is (primarily) caused by a type 1 muscle strain – some degree of fiber damage, but nothing too serious – predominantly as a result of unaccustomed exercise."

"Some studies show the presence of DOMS after long-distance running, which indicates it doesn’t just occur during resistance training. This should be an anecdotal indicator that DOMS isn’t a good gauge of muscle growth since running causes minimal hypertrophy."

If you are still getting DOMS, you probably aren't lifting enough.

Attached: HE355DT.jpg (1242x1218, 104K)

Source: www.strongerbyscience.com/doms/amp/

Cooooope

If you aren't getting DOMS doing 4x12 then you need to up the weight.

If you aren't doing 4x12 then you are fucking up.

That's not true at fucking all

post body manlet

I provided a good source for what I said. If you're going to throw around a claim like that with no source, tell me, what are your best lifts for press/bench/squat/deadlift, and how long have you been training. I'm trying to get strong.

Attached: bill.png (750x748, 615K)

DOMS are the most reliable sign of hypertrophy.
>b-but my study
I bet you have the body of academic.

Oh okay, so you're just a troll. Good to know. Begone, Broki.

Attached: squats-crossfit-strating-strength-ball.jpg (489x582, 40K)

So if you train once a week, gains will be infinite

Attached: 1246545475.jpg (612x459, 58K)

The problem with too much weight is I'd get doms for like 4 days straight and end up missing a workout or two because of it.

More like
>90% how your nervous system and reward chemicals are modeled after your childhood and 10% personal choice

Notice that growth mindset body is WHITE and fixed mindset body is COLORED.

THIS IS NOT A MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

THE WHITE MAN BUILT THIS WORLD. MINORITIES KNEEL DOWN AND WORSHIP YOUR GODSD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

>If you don't get DOMS
>DOMS is (primarily) caused by a type 1 muscle strain
>If you aren't getting DOMS
>DOMS are the most reliable sign of hypertrophy.
>I'd get doms for like 4 days straight and end up missing a workout or two because of it.

>DOMS (or delayed onset muscle soreness)
Thx guy, learned something valuable again on 4channels today

Attached: reps2.jpg (1860x814, 479K)

frequency+intensity are king for natural lifters
train 5-6x/week, as heavy as you can

>frequency is king for lifters that can't recover quickly

Attached: 1449944928307.png (474x711, 90K)

The fixed mindset has an awful lot of overlap with the mindset of 99,99% of women.

>if you don't get doms you aren't doing enough volume
"Wrong" how's your 4 months of lifting treating you?

So if you do 6,5 reps you will make no gains??

t. weakling

Ye i need some explanation on this. Isnt (like says)
one of the main differences in roids vs natural the recovery time? And so if being natural gives you a significantly longer recovery time. How can frequency be an advantage? Isnt that the opposite of what we would expect based on the theory we know? Please explain.

Sure thing bro.
I train 6-7 days a week, with extreme high weight-high volume training for 4 or 5 days of that week. For 6-8 months, I was doing over 150 reps (not per set, in total. Sets of 20+) of tricep extensions using the whole stack/doing dropsets. I would essentially never gets DOMS but I would know if I'd had a good workout because my arms would be so weak that I would struggle to push open doors or take my shirt off.
DOMS were a sign that I had missed a session, not a sign that I was working my muscles.

Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?

If you get doms you aren't eating properly

It's confusing because everyone is worried about the wrong thing. You get DOMS from doing a novel movement, such as a new exercise, doing an exercise with better form, or more weight. You should be getting DOMS even of you are advanced in whatever program you do because you should be making linear progression. Either more weight, more reps, more laps, etc. This will produce a novel movement each week which will lead to more performance.

Basically DOMS is a side effect of a proper exercise regime

That's why i said "as heavy as you can".

Of course, that's what i'm trying to revert by lifting heavy more frequently

Traditional brosplits have a frequency on 1 muscle group per week with lots of volume. You already heard how convenient are those for natural/novice lifters.
For novices, it's typically recommended full body, high intensity, 3x/week. When they can't handle it, intensity (or even volume) is reduced, not frequency.
tigerfitness.com/blogs/workouts/high-frequency-training-workout

>All this broscience.
>Nobody posting body

Un-american

>get a good body by roiding
>actually know some truth about health/lifting
pick one

Attached: 1543540868746.webm (480x480, 2.55M)

What the fuck

>he's not training his stabilizer muscles

All I see when I look at that picture is one of those threads
>hey user, why aren't you saying anything?

What the fuck is wrong with my brain?

Even if that were true, choosing 10% of what happens to you is enough to get you everything you want in life. Oh, there are things beyond your control? No shit. The world is so much bigger than you that you effectively don't exist, yet you have control over 10% of your life? Awesome. I'll take it. You can give away what little control you have and say "It's no use trying if I can't have complete control!" But those of us who embrace and take advantage of our little bit of power will always beat you. You see us succeed and you tell yourself we're lucky, but really we just took what we could get and did our best with it.

Remember life is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name

t.

Attached: 1552887320350.jpg (1422x1626, 170K)

Those are some pretty good fucking odds. So if I try a business 10 times I’ll probably succeed once? That’s all it takes to have a satisfying and financially rewarding career. If I find 20 chicks to date at least 1 will be wife material because it’s my personal choice to start a family? 10% is practically unlimited power. And if you’re already born into affluence that’s half the luck you need right there.

post body so i can mire

Well except most people have 1 chance. If your business fails, you go bankrupt.
>if I find 20 chicks
Obviously if you throw enough shit at the wall, some of it will stick.
What you're saying is keep trying until you succeed. Maybe but problem are limited resources. Being born in piss poor family somewhere in India and being born as a Trump's son isn't really the same.

Well, after almost 2 years of strength focused training I finally got DOMS as soon as I switched to hypertrophy based one. Not a big surprise that after 2 months of that I finally look like I lift.

Tehnically yes, you'll be gaining muscle until old age cripples you.

Is there a difference between DOMS and just being sore from a workout the next day?

Soreness is the S in DOMS
"Next day" sounds like delayed, which is the D in DOMS

The ultimate gamma mindset. Perfect fit for untrained manual labor.

No.
Literal retard. Doms is when your body adjusts to a new stimulus. Not a measurement of progress. It just means your a noob.
/thread

What about the O and M though? nice try

Attached: 1528257765574.jpg (750x734, 69K)

coope loser.
learn how to be good at poker. then you will understand how life works

Best response, always BTFOs shit talkers

12x4 is better than 4x12.

>havent had doms in months
>added 45lbs to my squat since January

Yeah k

Have fun snapping your shit up

I lift 4 times a week, for 40 minutes each time and only do 3-4 exercises per session and my DOMS are crazy and have been for 2 years now. I struggle to recover from this so Im not sure how people doing 8-10 exercises, multiple sets, 6 times per week are coping desu.

Some people get horrible DOMS (i am one of them - everytime) and some people barely get DOMS at all. It's largely genetic and something to do with the type of muscle fibers your body produces or something.

Either way, I make quick gains so im not complaining.