/Fast/ #400 Don't you eat, fatso edition

FAQ
/fast/ discord
>discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent farting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast Q&A: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Previous thread:

Attached: shuttershock fat.jpg (1300x866, 133K)

Posting accountability pic. Sorry for the shit quality. How often are you supposed to take these pics?

Attached: 0D5E3C89-24F7-45DB-AE35-7063D1371599.jpg (3264x2020, 578K)

Snake juice tastes like shit.

Dry fast fatty

Do you know how to make snake juice?

I do not think I have the will power for that yet. I will try it once I have wet fasting under control.

It's not exactly advanced chemistry, user.

>tfw titrating snake juice

ONCE A WEEK. IT'S MOSTLY TO GAUGE PROGRESS BECAUSE SOMETIMES PEOPLE SEE FUCKALL FOR WEIGHT LOSS BUT THEY LOOK DIFFERENT IN THE MIRROR. FROM THE LOOKS OF IT, YOU SHOULD FAST FOR 2 MONTHS TOPS (NOT STRAIGHT THROUGH, BUT WITH A SCHEDULE) AND START LIFTING ASAP.

5'9'' 139 pounds currently

I'm so fucking hungry

Attached: 1450476257672.jpg (500x565, 41K)

does sucralose break a fast?

How badly is alcohol ruining my fast gains

Right now I'm living like this
16 hours no food, cardio, then 4 beers, multivitamin, protein shake and chicken(put together is like 1000 calories and 100g protein)

That's what I do every day I have 15 more pounds to lose. How much faster would not drinking alcohol make my weight loss if im at a deficient anyways?

How the fuck do I break a prolonged fast safely? Everytime I've done it so far I get crazy diarrhea, full on pissing hot fire from my butthole. Also can I drink plain water inbetween snake juice?

I do cardio at the moment. I will go back to lifting.

My plan is wet/wet/dry/dry/wet/wet/1meal on a cycle for each week. Honestly though I do not know if I have the discipline for this, but we will see.

What type of cup do you drink your salt water/snake juice from?

Attached: bigcup3.jpg (600x451, 33K)

dude.. fuck your beers

normal people freak the fuck out when I tell them I always skip breakfast, I doubt they can handle knowing about a water fast

I have been fasting for maybe 3 weeks (20:4) and feel good, recently started OMAD. However I have one problem, I lost 22lb but have plateaued and not looking any more. I went from 268lb to 248lb and keep bouncing between 250-246. Any suggestions?

Eat less you fat piece of shit.

uh hello? important question here

4 beers a night helps me sleep though :(

Used to be a bad alcoholic

"used to be"
Kick the beers.

Trying to get the confidence to do so to be honest, shits scarier the less and less that I drink

I am on a 1200cal deficit. More? My TDEE 2350 CAL.

guys. does sucralose break a fast or is it okay

Just don't eat anything. What's your height? At 248lbs, you should be fine water fasting for a week or more.

So let's say I'm doing an extended fast, but exercise is making me sweat a bit so I need more hydration. Should I double the amount of snake juice, or just double the water and leave the salt the same?

stop starving yourselves you fucking idiots

Attached: varg.jpg (762x464, 110K)

Drink as much snake juice as you need to stay hydrated, but don't dilute the mix. Sweating makes you lose salts, so you need to replenish them, and water won't give you that.

Anyone doing psmf? How is it working out for you?

>Louis Cachet posting

Attached: Sike.jpg (320x360, 19K)

Day 15 here
Just caved and drank 10 calories of bone broth
How bad am I going to feel

Why the fuck are you fasting? If you’re worried about skinny-fat at that weight you should be lifting and eating high protein, not fasting.

Attached: DE0B4A00-9E47-4888-A0F7-A6CE8678648C.jpg (320x394, 27K)

You’ll be fine baby girl

Fine. Pick back up and continue on

I'm trying to sharpen up before getting back on my calisthenics/power-yoga routine.
I've also eaten like shit for the past two weeks so I'm resetting my hunger hormones and shaving off the crap that my body has stored from eating girl scout cookies and ice cream nonstop.

Attached: 1456109549646.jpg (640x430, 27K)

On keto how much fiber do I really need? Can I just put peppers in my omelette or do I need to eat a bowl of lettuce for example too?

>I spend copious amounts of time lifting heavy mass, controlling caloric intake, and reading psychology/PUA books to fuck these diseased whores
>Their average IQ is probably 85

Reminder that you will never have a wholesome conversation with a woman the way you do with your buddies. In a really fucked up way, that photo made me appreciate my friends and family.

Attached: Teutonic.png (235x215, 9K)

hello? why isn't anyone replying?

Why am I supposed to drink vinegar and lemon juice separately from my snake juice? Why can't I just mix it in?

All you need to do is offer them drugs, idiot

Because it tastes like shit if you add it, and the baking soda reacts with the vinegar. Also, bad for your teeth, better to just take a shot of it instead of drinking it constantly.

Read the FAQ

Attached: 1553125823.png (882x167, 30K)

fuck you people

you squeeze a snake's titties

Lmao, can't say I've tried that strategy. I've had girls say they'd bang me if I had any coke on me. At the time I thought they were kidding, but I guess they were being serious

Yes, if you mean autophagy. It creates an insulin response, but can still be used if you just want weight-loss, as it is still 0cal.

Ignoring the obvious bait, what do you think bodyfat is for?

Anyone ever get a ton of itchy red dots on their skin when doing a long fast?

Attached: .......png (264x295, 69K)

Read the post dipshit. Anything sweet will cause an insulin response, so it won't technically break your diet but it's not a good thing.

Cole Jr., how much more fasting do I have to do? Ended recent 21 day last night

Attached: 2018 to 2019.jpg (4992x2616, 1.89M)

>21 day fast

Enjoy gaining it all back in a month dummy.

Are you serious? You think I like it? It makes me feel like absolute shit. This is the worst I’ve felt since I had to go through swine flu without medication. I ate a can of spam and had a Powerade zero (High in potassium and sodium, reached calories for maintenance) and still feel fucking horrendous. I’ve decided to try fasting again on snake juice from day one, since I think my caloric deficit is what’s causing my lethargy, me being cold all the time, irritability, etc. tomorrow morning I’ll get a small meal before work so I don’t pass out then just go on snake juice as long as I can even if it kills me. Just fuck it all, I already feel like death

>3 hours from day 7 being done
Fuark I want to eat a fucking chipotle burrito so badly

Attached: crawling.png (1070x601, 507K)

Literally how if he doesn't binge?

k

I am 6'0

Varg has advocated for fasting lmao

Yeah, I don't get the people who say fasting makes them feel great. I feel like shit the whole time, snake juice or not. The hunger does eventually lessen, but it's still there, and it's a nagging feeling. I just feel stressed out the entire time, and also bored as fuck. It is thoroughly unpleasant, but I can't deny that it works ridiculously well.

I'm currently about 30 pounds into a snake juice fast, Can I drink drinks like Pic related?

Attached: 9591b6cc-e867-42e3-af74-3080a55800a0_1.aa847beb774ea72985a6848c64326d47.jpg (2365x2365, 366K)

If that's the thing that'll keep you from quitting early then do it.

People will go on about artificial sweeteners and shit, but I genuinely don't think it fucking matters. If you're not eating, you're going to lose weight. It's as simple as that. You can only take the insulin mumbo jumbo so far. It's better to have something like that that keeps you fasting than it is to fail because you're bored and miserable.

I do batch cooking. What are some good Keto things I can make and freeze for my twice a week meals?

Attached: Ramen_Skeleton.jpg (500x500, 58K)

Exactly this. Even if the insulin does spike, it's meaningless. That's just a sign to store nutrients as fat. If you're not taking in any calories, there's nothing to store.

so im having a hard time on the 50 hour mark
can i drink some black coffee? im literally sleeping everywhere, today i slept like 14 hours in total, will black coffe break my fast? when i do my 72s i dont normally take coffee since i think its for pussies but im going for a 96 this time and i feel like a zombie

you are 224 and you look fucking leaner than me and im 5'11 and 182
what in the fuck

It's fine, but not ideal.

Doing great on my fast, then somebody brought in pizza. I can not eat a meal, but if food just falls in my lap, fuck I'm weak. Wasn't even hungry. Fuck it. Back on the fast. Hit a new low on the scale, 178.8 lbs. Definitely getting there.

Last thread was #400, this is #401

also will 0 (((sodas)))coke sodas also break my fast? i want to continue working out, today i went 100% and i want to still go like that since im already on keto state (pee stripes)

>75 degrees in apartment
>put on light jacket

Chicken and brocoli, freeze in containers, reheat, apply some ranch sauce (low carbs one) to it after.

Fuck. I've gotten too fat while I was bulking and its time to lose some fucking weight. It begins now!

JESUS CHRIST black coffee nothing else feels fucking great its amazing, im gonna make it to 5 days now lads thanks

Cutting season starts December, family. Where you at?

That's only where it starts if you're too fat. If you bulked properly the best time to start is early feb.

soda with 0 calories is drinkable but not adviseable because caffeine/other garbage, if you must at least take a 20-100ml less every day until you ween off it, if drinking cause you hate water try lemon juice or apple cidar instead. i take a swig of diet cola after my daily snake juice and swish it around quickly then spit it out to get rid of the after-taste sometimes though

i can fast normally and i bare the sj/water
i do normally 72s and work out, the thing is that on this 72 i did 1 hard dry fast and 18 hours of a normal dry fast hence why im like a zombie and sleeping 14 hours a day

Hitting 72 hrs dry in a bit. Doing it cuz my eczema exploded out of nowhere and not letting it ruin my life for 3 months like it did 2 years ago. Figured after hearing that water is the catalyst for inflammation, a 4 day dry would work well (along with the detox obviously). And so far great results. Going till the morning then drinking water so a bit less than the 96hrs I wanted, but I'm hoping this last sleep cycle will kick autofaggot into hyperdrive.
Question. I have a friend who's dry fasted for 4-5 days multiple times (fat), and every time he hit the fourth day he said he started shedding skin like crazy all day. Seems amazing for my eczema and wanted to see if itll happensto me too. Anyone have similar experiences to you dude?

*To my dude

STEAK, EGGS, FRUIT.

POSSIBLE BUT YOU'LL PROBABLY BREAK IN 3 WEEKS. SHORTEN IT TO 72S WHEN YOU CAN NO LONGER HANDLE IT.

YOU HAVE LOOSE SKIN. START A DRY FASTING ROUTINE AND START LIFTING. YOU'LL BE ON THIS ROUTINE FOR A LONG TIME (12+ MONTHS).
23H DRY FASTS ARE FINE. FIND OUT HOW MUCH LIQUID YOU NEED TO DRINK PER DAY AND EAT THAT MUCH AMOUNT IN FRUIT THEN ADJUST FOR VARIABILITIES. MAKE THE FRUIT MOSTLY CUCUMBERS.
ONCE YOU STALL ON GAINS, EAT MORE PROTEIN.

I cant take this general seriously. Dry fasting? You realize you die within like 3 days without water especially if you do anything at all right? This must be some kind of big insider joke.

>You realize you die within like 3 days without water
Have you tried it? Do you have some kind of proof to confirm this besides mom logic? I and other people in this thread already did long dry fasts and they work without no repercussions, I don't understand how you can come here and say it doesn't work, but oh well, you do you.

>The die in three days meme
Untrue unless Skelly. Fat cells metabolize into water to hydrate you when dry. That's why the weight loss is as powerful as it is

Hit 24 hours in my water fast, did autophagy fix all of my problems and repair my brain to make me super smart yet?

meme answers

How is 'I did it myself' a meme answer, jackass?

thanks for proving my point

Thanks for proving my point as well.

You have severe retardation

Posting from the toilet. I'm glad I heeded the age old fasting advice
>If you can't tell if it's a fart or a shit, it's a shit

Almost shat in bed on my wife

>no u
best argument you could come up with? >samefagging
lmao

Fix your mental retardation and your way of posting and writing and then you can come back at me.

>ad hominem

>used to do 16:8 IF before I started working out
>started working out a little over a month ago
>considering doing 20:4 IF

My big concern is that I workout late at night (10pm~2am depending on day) and I wake up at 11am most days. If I do all of my eating and drinking an hour or two before bed, would that have a big impact on weight loss?

>temp outside is 34 degrees celsius
>im feeling cold as fuck
ok, this is epic

Years of exercise. Despite my weight my 10k is sub 45 minutes. My legs are mostly muscle which is a lot of my weight.

As someone new to lifting and fasting (been strength training for a month and a half) when should I start fasting, or should I start at all yet? Do you loose muscle that you gain from being on a fasting routine? Am 5'7", 165lbs for reference

While dry fasting does one take snake juice?

>inb4 retard, mongrel. Incel , etc.

Fucking retarded mongrel
>Do you drink salt water while 'dry fasting'?
The answer is no