/sig/ self improvement general

/sig/ Basics:
>YOU are 100% responsible for the way you experience life. Not your parents, not your surroundings, not your ex, not your bully, not your future spouse. YOU. Complete, sincere acceptance of this is the most fundamental step to bettering yourself, and it is by far the hardest thing you'll ever do.
>Set realistic Goals and have a Plan.
>Meditate ( Guide: youtu.be/F0jedwTzIJg [Open] - important: relax your jaw, lips almost parted ).
>Learn helpful and effective daily/weekly/etc. routines, including mundane ones. Use digital Calendar reminders.
>Have a steady sleeping rhythm - one that works for you, so long as you keep to it.
>Learn to be Brutally Honest with yourself. Stop being a slave to your Ego.
>Focus on the essentials. If you try to do everything at once, you’ll burnout. Little by little.

Resources:
>4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky - The most basic shit is here.
>dbtselfhelp.com - Dialectical Behavioral Therapy self help resource. Particularly useful for those struggling with anger, depression and anxiety issues.

Books:
>gutenberg.org/ebooks/2680 - Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
>misc.equanimity.info/downloads/mindfulness_in_plain_english.pdf - Mindfulness in Plain English
>dropfile.nl/f/wpw6 - How to Win Friends and Influence People

Attached: BFE3B25F-164E-4C25-AB9A-4564A351F913.png (1473x2000, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Alliance_(United_States)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice

what's the flag on the bottom?
Also ,read pic related.

Attached: TIL.jpg (800x800, 42K)

Do you have a skincare routine yet Jow Forums?

Attached: kmW5tAP.jpg (1242x1242, 1M)

Oldfag here. Stupid things that have made an inordinate amount of difference in my life -
>Getting good sleep is the foundation to everything. 5-HTP is fantastic for getting good sleep, but nothing helps more than a maintaining a good sleep schedule.
>Meditating feels like it makes no difference till one day you wake up and suddenly realize you can deal with life on your own terms. Ashwagandha helps with general anxiety.
>Drinking 1 gallon of water per day. My skin is silky and I shit so clean I could probably stop buying toilet paper.
>CBT therapy. You have a fear of approaching women? Being assertive? Something more specific like situational phobias or more general like plain old generalized anxiety? Confront your thinking head-on. There are tons of videos on YouTube and a half dozen books on Kindle for ~$2-3.
>The booze and smokes and weed and drugs WILL catch up to you. Even all that delicious Monster Zero Ultra. I have 30 year old friends that look 50, and it ain't a good look.
>Accepting that nobody is responsible for your life experience but you. Not your upbringing. Not your current situation. Not your tfw no gf. You. And nothing will ever be perfect, accept that as a fact and revel in the imperfection.

Attached: 1553090625599.jpg (750x906, 97K)

In the morning, if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now.

No but let’s talk about one. I know I need only a moisturizer and a cleanser. My skin used to be oily but it’s been pretty clear lately. Do you have any recommendations?

yeah, no chemicals on my skin

bump frens we are all gonna make it

This edit took me longer than it should have for the amount of edits it has

Attached: sig.png (1473x2000, 1.16M)

You did good.

I use a prescribed cleanser at night, a moisturizer and a different prescribed cleanser in the morning, and an over the counter cleanser in the shower.

what flag is that brother

>wanting to be an intellectual

Watch this.

Attached: p10176133_v_v8_ae.jpg (960x1440, 233K)

based

>Confront your thinking head-on. There are tons of videos on YouTube and a half dozen books on Kindle for ~$2-3.
Any recommendations?

anarcho communist with what looks like juche sticker on the computer? not too sure about the sticker. either way it's weird they'd have it up with the cross still up...

The rune flag was aesthetically superior

also interested in the flag

An Anarcho-communist flag.

Anarcho-communist
the sticker is syndicalist, specifically the fictional kind of syndicalist from kaiserreich. I would have done the anarcho-syndicalist flag for consistency but that takes more than just a diagonal line

>punching bag next to gun
thinking.bmp

How do you cope with being ugly, bros?

Yeah you fucked that up pretty horribly desu.

Be the best ugly person you can be

what's the flag and sticker on the bottom of the pic?

I need help talking to a girl. I just don't know how to just like start texting her.

>Anarchist
r u serious

Attached: 1483682061948.jpg (258x245, 20K)

check em.

Too true.

Attached: 1551852864152.png (943x851, 596K)

If you're naturally oily, use aztec clay mask once a week. Despite being oily you can still be dehydrated. So be sure the moisturizer you use is formulated for your skin type. The ordinary is pretty good and inexpensive.

FORD method
FORD stands for "Family," "Occupation," "Recreation" and "Dreams." Use the FORD method in conversations by asking questions about these topics when talking to others. This technique can be used in settings ranging from blind dates to business dinners, to help others feel comfortable talking about themselves.

don't overthink it, a simple "what's up?" is fine
how would you text a male friend? just do the same.

Alright Jow Forums you fucking niggers, I'm finally doing it
I went to the gym tonight for the first time with my buddy
I re-up my library card to become more /lit/
I started drinking a gallon of water a day
I've switched my hobby from vidya (though I do still play a few multiplayer rounds with the boys) to finance and watching the market

My only vices are unironically that sweet sweet Monster Zero Ultra (I have maybe 3-4 a week)
and I like to munch on shit, so I eat a fuck ton of dry cereal

are there any healthier alternatives to these? Also anything else I need to be doing to finally be on the full /sig/ track

Everything is made up of chemicals user. The word Chemicals is the straw man hippies use like “assault rifle” or “processed”

But if you wanna be all natural use Vaseline, burts bees skin care products, aloe Vera gel, and hand made bar soaps. Also go no shampoo and clean yourself with cold water after getting out of a sauna/steam room for the best natural skin care routine

Additionally, stop touching your face, stop touching your hair, stop sleeping face down, and stop having a bad diet

Actual good advice.

Attached: rs=w 1136,h 568,cg true.jpg (671x568, 48K)

just made a batch of homemade soap with my boys
it's pretty easy and it works

>tfw using rubber band to keep myself on nofap to improve myself
feels good

Love you Jow Forums but I don't deserve to be here
I'm a lazy apathetic guy who has become entrenched in mediocrity and stagnation

I need to break this mold or I'll suffer forever
help me out anons, I'd like to say I'd rather die than live complacently, but I don't want it bad enough. Help me to

Attached: albert bierstadt.jpg (3000x1910, 1.22M)

>made school my #1 priority for a while
>Stopped lifting because I couldn't manage studying/lifting/eating with my courseload
>Got my grades up, got a great internship, academic awards
>Finally have some money in the bank, ended up going nearly broke to avoid loans
>Gonna go on the greatest spring/summer bulk anyone has ever seen
Life's lookin up.

Hell yeah brother

>Petroleum jelly is natural
I wish to learn more about your species.

doing both at the same time and still getting laid, take the 100% everything pill

Honestly I tried that an I failed. I didn't get enough sleep and I failed tests. The stress reduced my gains and made me unable to eat. I would like to be able to do that but at the moment it's costing me money to fuck up.
I think the first step of recognizing how to do something good is recognize what you can't do.

If you aren't trying to lose weight eat nuts and drink tea. If you need sugar eat fruit. It's not healthier but it does have fiber and some vitamins.
Don't worry so much about drinking that much water. If you feel bloated and gross maybe cut back.

>A cross
>Shitty dumbbells
No thanks

>that flag
Oh boy, what a faggot

Attached: 1546885531714.jpg (1920x1080, 92K)

>runes and cross
What a damn poser.
Pick one or the other.

Attached: 0925584382e8cd29023944d887aeb025435e4c4cfd1bd044475fec9373a1819c.jpg (635x629, 132K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Alliance_(United_States)
OP needs to go the fuck back to his containment board.

commie's aren't welcome here user, fuck off

>It's not healthier but it does have fiber and some vitamins.
I'd say fruit is healthier because it has fiber and some vitamins.

Yes but do not be deceived: the sugar is still there and it's still bad for you.

You're not alone, user. We're in the same boat. I'm trying to mental-gymnastics my way into hard work, but it's hard work.

Is becoming a visual artist a good goal for someone who's Jow Forums? Or should I do something more manly?

Attached: 1481942770541.gif (633x758, 14K)

Just a quick question. How effective is working out muscles throughout the day (3 sets of something then 3 hours laters you workout a different muscle) vs working out the normal way in one workout.

I'm not sure why you're asking us this. You want our validation? Our endorsement? How much does that mean to you?

Ur skin is not oily

I thought the same and most men do it’s actually that u have super dry skin like all men, just use moisturizer wento a dermatologist for this

Have clear perfect skin since

That allows you to edge your muscles and builds them up to a bigger orgasm later on. Good way to practice delayed gratification.

Yes, you know I want your validation. That's what this thread is about. Give it or don't. Maybe someone else will.

>Anarcho-Communist
>Leaves in all the rightwing authors
>Keeps cross
>Keeps gun
>Keeps idyllic countryside
>Keeps personal computer
>Keeps smile on face
Roblox-deathsound.mp3

If you can support yourself and achieve your dreams then you got it bro. I always wanted to learn to sculpt stone.

anarcho-communist

yeah, good luck with that

>communist
>steals from the work of others and bastardizes it
what a shocker

fuck off back to r/ChapoTardHouse

Around Reds never relax

Attached: ed2.png (680x1483, 180K)

Fuck off faggot this is clown town Honk Honk

Fuck off back to Discord tranny

Does anyone have trouble keeping to an exact schedule? I think this is a huge issue I'm having and it's holding me back. Am I supposed to have my day planned to the T?

you need to feel fear
whenever you're fucking off, just think about your life in ten years, if you continue your patterns of behaviour

Attached: Clean House.jpg (508x700, 81K)

I have an exam tomorrow, I need to study a lot today

Bros I'm trying to be a bloomer . I have a purpose that keeps me going. I want to make the world a better place but I can't get rid of this anxiety, this anger, this hatred that's been eating me for years now. Any help ?

I'm tired of being edgy

>I have a purpose that keeps me going. I want to make the world a better place
This is Jow Forums, not Miss America.

>anarcho anything
The day this happens you guys are the first getting hanged and order will be restored again.

If you want to better the world start with bettering yourself.
Doing something for your community, helping others.
Don't start with too high goals.

and this is /sig/

Yup, that worked out great. Fuck off Franco you are dead

BASED ANARCHO TRADITIONALIST

What are some good hobbies/interests/whatever to look into that would be considered non-nerdy? I'm trying to become a more well rounded person, but can't come up with anything I'm interested in that isn't considered nerdy.

>posting politics in /sig/
>posting religion in /sig/
What kind of a sad faggot is so insecure that they have to push their agenda here? Don't you have enough confidence to hold your beliefs without trying to brainwash others to it?
Get back to your containment board.

Depends, do you want to be well rounded to impress normies or to have a good stance to get somewhere in life?

The second.

For me that would be getting social/soft skills.
Being able to handle people is too important to neglect that.
To understand the human psychology / behaviour.
Why people do what they do, react the way they do to certain things.

Then it depends waht exactly you want in life.
Getting into politics? Starting your own business? Want a certain position in a company?

Friendly reminder that if you have to use your race as a crutch to feel better about yourself, you're always going to need people of different race around you.

This is completely opposite of being self-reliant.

Attached: needful things 01.jpg (2000x1250, 2.56M)

>>Anarcho communist
>>Keeps gun

Attached: weezy-bieber.jpg (500x491, 66K)

nice try parasite

keep these things out of /sig/

>Keep logic out of /sig/
>Keep self-reliance out of /sig/
>No counter argument, just ad hominem

I hope that you find a way to deal with your self-hatred user.

Been out of the gym for 2 weeks due to a minor illness, and stress. Letting aspects of my personal life get to me and bring me down, feel like I'm crashing hard any advice anons?

But watch it in italian.
>E solo un truco

Based an REDpilled

Cringe

Why are tradfags so obsessed with farming? Even in the middle of nowhere there are thousands of more interesting professions.

It's not specifically about farming but about subsistence and feeding yourself through your own efforts rather than popping down to the supermarket.

Attached: Screenshot_20190321-201153~2.png (1080x876, 101K)

Self-sufficiency.

After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

What is causing you to waste time? I was in a similar boat once.

>still shit posting after sig

They are city-kids that have no idea about actually living off the land so they romanticize the shit out of it.
They are afraid of dealing with the real world so they want an escape but Vidya is too obvious ( and normal ) so they come up with a fantasy. And since it's Jow Forums, the fantasy MUST be """""different"""" from mainstream to make them feel like speshul lil' snowflakes. Since what would they be if they didn't maintain that self-image of "non-normie"? They might actually have to deal with their issues and that's way too much effort.

Ex. doomer here. How do I get rid of these dark circles under my eyes?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1000x481, 102K)

Thanks to whoever suggested trying nofap while quitting weed. I don't know why, but the two actually work together pretty good. I'd probably be trying to arrange for another quarter bag by now, normally.

The only thing I'm struggling with now is sleep. Any tips for getting better sleep, anons? I keep waking up at random hours and haven't felt this tired in a long time.