Why don't people just eat tons of lentils everyday? per 100g you get 300+ calories 20g+ protein 18+ fiber and 60+ carbs...

Why don't people just eat tons of lentils everyday? per 100g you get 300+ calories 20g+ protein 18+ fiber and 60+ carbs. a 4 lb bag is like $3-4 easy macros

Attached: 1200px-3_types_of_lentil.png (1200x688, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

diagnosisdiet.com/food/meats/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

someone tell me why people arent doing this

plants r gay

/thread

Cancer enzymes

they give me heartburn
also i end up shitting like 4 massive shits the next day and they're all sticky and hard to wipe up
but otherwise I agree, they're tasty and nutritious

I prefer to eat beans, i just like my food to have some chewing resistance to it

Most people don't know how to prepare meals from them, much less a big enough variety to eat lentils all the time. Also they are time consuming compared to a lot of less healthy shit.

Lentil food share thread?
>Red lentil stew
Must be red lentils or they won't break down properly
>Add lentils to pot (2 or more dl reccomended for real mans mean)
>Add twice as much water
>cook and stir those fuckers medium-hard for ~25 min, adding water if it gets oatmeal-like in consistency
>Add literally anything you fucking want for taste
>I recommend: Option 1: garlic, cumin, chili, black pepper, beef stock (put it in early tho)
>option 2: garlic, lemon, ginger, black pepper
>if you want, put some cooked meat and/or broccoli in
>though srs you can add whatever the fuck you want to the glorious lentil stew

Serve with rice or whatever, this shit is versatile. A note on reheating though, it works okay but might need some more water

Some time ago I used to have pasta with lentils (like a 1:2 ratio) for lunch everyday, it started causing me bloating so I kinda stopped, I still have them once or twice a month tho

I eat oven baked chicken breast, blanched broccoli and cauliflower with red lentil Dahl quite often. It's a decent meal which is very nutritious.

anti-nutrients and bioavailability

I did this as a vegetarian for a year and made decent gains.
I cooked them in a rice cooker the same way you would rice problem is you get a tonne of gas and it's hard as fuck to eat. There's a reason why they are usually eaten in soups.

redpill please

I would always make a base first:
>add small diced onion, celery, carrot and pancetta to some warm olive oil in pan (in that order)
>add lentils and stir
>add stock cube with 2x boiling water and cook it, just stir every now and then till all the water is absorbed

Delicious with a white fish like cod.

lentils are one of the lowest sources of phytic acid
it's so low you don't even have to soak them

I'm not a poo. I've never fucking seen a lentil until Indians started coming to Jow Forums.

Absolutely fucks up my digestion

I found out about lentils through my sister a couple of years ago. But just until recently, I started including it in my food plan.

It's so cheap, rich in protein and other good stuff for your body. I alternate between lentil dishes (vegan), and chicken stir fry meals. Keeps my digestive system intact and it's healthy as can be.

Attached: 6724443878957.png (818x972, 19K)

plants are considered a complete protein because they lack certain amino acids your body needs plus vitamin b12 and vitamin k (plus even more vitamins i forget the names of)
source: diagnosisdiet.com/food/meats/

are not*
whoops

some cultures do, my Lebanese friends have a lot of meals where lentils and chick peas are a big part in the meals but I cant say for sure how it affects them too much, I suppose if you know good recipes for the lentils and beans then it wont taste like shit it just depends on if you are good at cooking

>implying my diet isn't solely compromised of lentils, barley, dried fish, chickpeas and olives

Attached: images (3).jpg (649x472, 38K)

>wiping
>not washing

Disgusting.

>mirepoix
hello fellow /ck/ enthusiast
>add lentils and stir
Pre soaked or dry? I'm always working with dry lentils because I can't be arsed planning meals one whole night ahead for soaking.

>Why don't people just eat tons of lentils everyday?
it would be extremely boring

If I eat more than like 2 servings of beans a day my digestion gets messed up like othgers mention.

You'll have plenty of time to live like a slave in the coming decades. Eat meat and dairy while you still can.

they arent complete proteins, so for the processes of building and repairing muscle/organs they are essentially useless. But they have the same metabolic effects to your insuling levels as regular protein, it's for this reason they are labeled as protein.

because I'm not a fucking hamster

Indians are with a ton of ghee. Just look how fit most of them get.

You soak them.

was that sarcasm? i dont see ripped poos

Well exactly.

>chicken breast
>350 calories
>50something grams protein

Just can't compete.

Attached: 78904237890423.jpg (575x262, 266K)